PDA

View Full Version : Modem issues

xripper
08-17-2011, 05:52 PM
I have a modem with an inbuilt WiFi router. Recently i bought an Android smart phone(Samsung Galaxy Ace) but when i turn on its WiFi it doesn't recognize the modem's WiFi. However the my laptop recognizes this network and i am able to use the internet but why doesn't my phone recognize it? Can anyone help me with this issue. I also took my phone to a service center and surprisingly it recognized the WiFi network there! Please help.:(

Artemis
08-17-2011, 09:23 PM
A couple of things come to mind, first if you have switched off BSSID broadcast in the router's settings then any new WiFi device will not see the network. You need to check this in the wireless security settings in your router. If you could give some details of the actual router you are using it would help. Also you probably have a WEP or WPA security key on your router which you will also need to enter into the phone before it can connect to the router.

xripper
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
@ Artemis, when it comes to modem, i am pretty much a layman.I have attached a pic of my modem. I hope u will be able to help me better.Thanks in advance

anon
08-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Apparently, the default gateway IP for that router is 192.168.1.1. You should enter that in your browser. You should then be able to check the options Artemis mentioned (SSID broadcast and encryption).

xripper
08-21-2011, 09:55 AM
@anon, thanks m8!

Artemis
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
This video shows all the wireless options for the Semindia A211-i ADSL router

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONxggaH6tmc

If you follow it through it will show you whether the hide access point tick box is ticked (if it is remove the tick) and also in the security settings whether there is a security key, and what that key is.

xripper
08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
@ Artemis, thanks again!