PDA

View Full Version : Some random thoughts about game stuff

Sporkk
08-17-2011, 11:43 PM
A lot of articles are showing up around the net about xbox live integration with windows 8. Even on the news page of this site there is a article about live integration with windows phones. A lot of guys are predicting that the next xbox will run windows 8 and essentially be like a locked down pc. I think they are moving to standard pc architecture. I was ok with everything until they started talking about the likely live fee's for pc users. Didn't they already try that? They will probably take some games from steam giving people the only choice to pay for live if they want multiplayer. Every console and every pc platform will probabaly have some exclusives.

Then I read the other article posted in this forum about diablo 3 having a pay real money auction house which imo is really poor taste for a game maker to implement. I'm still not happy about sony leaving my information on display for hackers either.

Frack all this shit ...

Very few good games come out. Taking a big shit is more fun. Although a bit over rated a game like minecraft with shitty graphics has figured out something that makes it fun that big game developers have a hard time understanding. I'm planning to "mostly" quit video games and take up other hobbies. Maybe practice at chess or something.

Some interesting stuff (at least I think so)

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_18609_more-proof-video-game-industry-out-ideas-e3-2010.html

Cabalo
08-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Have you played Limbo ? 77mb of pure art.

Sporkk
08-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Some how I missed that one but I might have to check it out. I think braid was a great game. I recently played through terraria and it was ok. I bought so much stuff during the steam summer camp sale. I thought it would keep me busy for a long time but I'm already running out. Aquaria is a aquatic metroid type game that I've just started playing. Also playing through singularity but I think metro 2033 was a bit better even though the story didn't make sense.

I only have the monkey island games left to play. After that and limbo I think I've sifted though most of the older and obscure titles on steam that are worth playing. Longest Journey was another over rated game. I liked exploring and some of the artwork but the puzzles were terrible and made no sense. Recently played through portal 1&2 and thought they were great. I did get quite annoyed with some of the advanced chambers in 1 and some of the later co-op missions in 2 are a bit frustrating especially after the motion sickness sets in.

thanks for the suggestion

TrueSounds
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I think with the Diablo 3 auction house players will be able to sell their own items for money (probably with a tax though). I would assume it is done this way to combat the underground economy at jsp and don't see it as a problem, other than the fact that I do have some forum gold leftover at jsp.

IdolEyes787
08-21-2011, 09:34 PM

I tried to download it but my security software kept deleting it as a virus.It weirdly kept deleting it even when I put it on the "trusted" list.

iLOVENZB
08-22-2011, 11:35 PM

Looks amazing, only seen gameplay trailers though. Flash alternative; Coma (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/541124) ?

Another title with great 'simple' aesthetics is Journey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_%282011_video_game%29).

Sporkk
08-24-2011, 02:27 AM
I think with the Diablo 3 auction house players will be able to sell their own items for money (probably with a tax though). I would assume it is done this way to combat the underground economy at jsp and don't see it as a problem, other than the fact that I do have some forum gold leftover at jsp.

I guess I can understand this but it will make the game all the more a target for hackers when they can make real money. Also I don't want to game with players that spend real money on virtual items. I prefer sp games and will have a easy time boycotting this.