PDA

View Full Version : What is the best search engine for file sharing?

wuppers
08-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Nowadays there is so much choose from, the topic I want to ask is "What is the best search engine for file sharing?" so I want to here from the community, basically what is the quickest and easiest way to find the file you want. Below I have listed my top 3

1. www.wuploadsearch.com (http://www.wuploadsearch.com) - Not many people have heard of this one as it's so new, but since wupload came on the scene it's all I use, I've popped my file sharing cherry by actually purchasing a premium account, also thanks to this site for offering such a great search for wupload.com, you can get everything honestly. I went to a music festival and by the time I got home I thought i'd have a look and see if I can download the music from the event, and there it was, and that confience me to sign up :D

2. www.filestube.com (http://www.filestube.com) - just due the the magnitude of the site, also great for megavideo links ;)

3. www.filesonicsearch.com (http://www.filesonicsarch.com) - This is what I used to use and was great but since wuploadsearch.com launched I havn't used it at all.

So I would like to know fro the community, if you like the above and what other sites would you suggest.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing the feedback.

anon
08-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I used to use Hotfile-Search, which as of my last check ironically had more Filesonic links than Hotfile ones. The good thing about it was that it could recognize split archives and would show a single entry with all the links for those.

johhny
08-20-2011, 05:28 PM
google than filestube :)

kledder
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I use filecrop.com a lot. In Chrome I customized it so I only have to type "fc" and then the search term(s). Works very well and very fast. Filecrop can search for either or a combination of megaupload, hotfile and rapidshare hosted files.

PastTense
09-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I wish there were more responses to this thread, as I am not very satisfied with my searching strategy.

One thing I use is the search for warez-bb.org. The nice thing about this is they have a dead link checker, so you don't get as many dead links as you do with other search tools.

Hiccup
09-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I wish there were more responses to this thread, as I am not very satisfied with my searching strategy.

One thing I use is the search for warez-bb.org. The nice thing about this is they have a dead link checker, so you don't get as many dead links as you do with other search tools.

I use a combination of greasemonkey scripts in FF which are able to check which links are still active on a page and then highlight them based on my own color scheme. I think it's called the cavern links checker. Also, I mostly use google/filestube for my search engine with accuratefiles.com as a backup.

SuperTech
09-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Just put a keyword plus the word "index" when using Google. This usually shows up in file listings on Unix systems which Google crawls.