PDA

View Full Version : Annual Subscription to Usenet Providers

metu
08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Hello,

Do you know any usenet provider which offers an annual subscription plan?
I asked Giganews but they stated that they are not offering any other than monthly.

Thank you for your help.

NewsgroupRev
08-19-2011, 10:53 PM
UseNetServer, Astraweb, Newshosting and Supernews all offer annual accounts. They may not advertise them on their sites but just look for "service name" annual special on Google and you'll find lots of sites like ours that carry annual offers.

zot
08-21-2011, 01:56 AM
It's funny that you asked about Giganews, as it appears that Giganews is the only major (American) brand that does not offer a yearly subscription.

Are you aware that Supernews is Giganews -- with the only difference being 1% less retention?

Hypatia
08-21-2011, 08:39 AM
did anyone check the actual difference? giganews offers 1111 days and supernews 1101

as for why giganews doesnt offer annual subscription.. who knows.. maybe because the number close to ~$400\year doesnt look nice in the eyes of consumers lol

zetty2009
08-21-2011, 09:20 AM
My bet will be on Astraweb and Supernews for an Annual affair :) Both are good with Astra being close to my heart..been using it for a long time without any trouble :D

Cheers mate !!!

nntpjunkie
08-24-2011, 02:48 PM
as for why giganews doesnt offer annual subscription.. who knows.. maybe because the number close to ~$400\year doesnt look nice in the eyes of consumers lol
Bwahahahahaha! The best annual offer out there is Usenetserver at under $8/month - download with ease :) UNS has been growing their retention day for day for a while now actually helping the Usenet grow, which is really nice when we have other providers out there that just don't care and let their users suffer through huge retention black holes lasting more than a month with not so much as a peep from the people who run the farm (wow I am really itching to give them some money). Usenetserver's gear is incredible - their growth has been slow and steady with no rush so they can handle the load and you won't experience any outages.

Hypatia
08-24-2011, 06:02 PM
helping the Usenet grow
im curious do you have it recorded somewhere on audio as well?
it never gets old coming from you rofl

when we have other providers out there that just don't care and let their users suffer through huge retention black holes lasting more than a month

Indeed. Highwinds resellers tend to suffer from terrible incomplete issues and heavy dmca take downs.

Cthulhu bless, there are other nnTP providers who care and that offer $8/year as well.

PS be careful with taking advice from the one who advertises a certain company and gets profit from it. --> http://usenetgeeks.com

diagonal
08-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I use Newsdemon on an annual plan. They've always provided a first class service.

The only thing they don't offer is VPN. It would be good if a provider offered annual subs with a VPN option.

Quartr
08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
I use Astraweb on an annual plan, $96/year for 20 connections, easily maxes out every connection I use it on, good retention.

http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/voucher.cgi?t=zgufplhxfr2cwsw

Works out to $8/month

OldIronTits
08-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Astraweb is superior to every provider mentioned here.

$96/year. Beast.

bawabher
09-03-2011, 06:37 AM
I use NewsDemon block plan great download speeds.