PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'll buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but...

OlegL
08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
When I was playing the original Deus Ex, I had mixed feelings about it. Sometimes I felt the game was great, and sometimes I felt the game was bad. I really don't think the game deserved the raving reviews that many publications gave it. It just can't compete with the kind of immersiveness that newer games such as RDR and GTA IV provide. So, Deus Ex: Human Revolution was released today. I think I'll buy it, but I doubt that I'll find it as good as a Rockstar game. Let's hope that I am wrong.

OlegL
08-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Okay, I bought it, and now I am gonna play it.

iLOVENZB
08-24-2011, 01:38 PM
When I was playing the original Deus Ex, I had mixed feelings about it. Sometimes I felt the game was great, and sometimes I felt the game was bad. I really don't think the game deserved the raving reviews that many publications gave it. It just can't compete with the kind of immersiveness that newer games such as RDR and GTA IV provide. So, Deus Ex: Human Revolution was released today. I think I'll buy it, but I doubt that I'll find it as good as a Rockstar game. Let's hope that I am wrong.

The original Deus Ex; Island of Liberty deserved every positive review it got. It had a great vibrant plot and the exploration was great. Even for a '99 game the graphics sucked but that was forgiven because of the plot and gameplay. The second Deus Ex title; Invisible War received negative reviews because IoL fans seemed to believe it bent over for console gamers and aimed the project as a FPS.

I've heard great reviews of Human Revolution, still not sure if they're coming from a FPS perspective or a Stealthy action shooter/RPG.

MicrosoftMan
08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
worth the purchase!

CleverMan
08-24-2011, 08:20 PM
And when exactly had you played it? comparing it with new released games, lol
people who play it first today certainly won't appreciate it as those who played more than a decade ago. Although the game still kicks ass, imo one of the greatest games of all times.
Dunno about new version though.
Guess you don't like this type of games

Cabalo
09-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Thank God, finally an excellent game was released, and I honestly hadn't any expectations about it.
After huge disappointments such as Dead Island or Duke Nukem, this one stands out in the crowd.

This is a FPS, but a tactical one, involving a lot of thought, a lost art in this particular type of games.

Really, if you are looking for a great game, and had no luck lately, this one is the deal.