PDA

View Full Version : FST irc

wootpecker
08-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi.
I'm new here and I want to know if FST have a irc chan.
Thanks

Skiz
08-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Nope. No need for one.

anon
08-25-2011, 06:10 PM
To add to what Skizo posted, there were a couple of polls about this in the past, but apparently the amount of interest wasn't too much - or not enough to actually create and run an IRC server (which is no easy task, by the way).

If you ever find yourself having account problems here, I suppose you can use the contact form (http://filesharingtalk.com/sendmessage.php).

stoi
08-31-2011, 02:28 AM
When this was the K-lite forum it used to have one, its how I discovered BT, I wanted a film and he said it was on donkax and the rest as they say is history.

I hardly ever use my IRC these days though, so it doesnt really bother me either way, but it may be worthwhile to have one.

Skiz
08-31-2011, 04:05 AM
When this was the K-lite forum it used to have one, its how I discovered BT, I wanted a film and he said it was on donkax and the rest as they say is history.

I hardly ever use my IRC these days though, so it doesnt really bother me either way, but it may be worthwhile to have one.

Yep, but even then it was only for a short time.

mjmacky
08-31-2011, 07:39 AM
This was a K-lite forum?!

I am feeling ashamed for having ignored FST's history

anon
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM

The Archive.org cached copies of FST go quite a few years back if you have nothing better to do.

teflon05
08-31-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd like IRC here myself, although going by the forum, it would probably be a pain in the ass to moderate. Then again, that's half the fun :P

mjmacky
08-31-2011, 11:31 PM

The Archive.org cached copies of FST go quite a few years back if you have nothing better to do.

Unfortunately, FST is where I go when I have nothing better to do :(

anon
09-01-2011, 12:19 AM
You must have a boring life then :P

mjmacky
09-01-2011, 02:03 AM
You must have a boring life then :P

My research is boring, it involves a lot of waiting

Skiz
09-01-2011, 04:57 AM

It was the KLite forum. The 'K-Lite Forum' button within the client used to open up the forum which would eventually become FST. It was started by Entity and VB. "...which became very popular as Random Nut (K-lite creator) was a regular poster, and many other developers used to come here and post tools and add-ons, etc. Then Paul moved on to the Codec pack project, and most others lost interest in K-lite too (mostly due to deficiencies in the base kazaa code itself) and moved on to other filesharing methods, such as limewire and/or bittorrent..." (Barbs)

When the old URL wasn't renewed, the board was moved to a new URL, but since everything redirected to the old one, site hits went to nearly zero overnight. For a while, the forum was teetering on closing up. The board was sold a couple of times (I think) and eventually landed in the lap of 7thElement, who made the board 'Filesharingtalk'. It was then sold to the current owner, rookiecrd1. From there, {IKE}, RealitY and tesco have been the main admins who have kept the board running, along with too many mods to list.

tesco
09-01-2011, 10:58 PM

It was the KLite forum. The 'K-Lite Forum' button within the client used to open up the forum which would eventually become FST. It was started by Entity and VB. "...which became very popular as Random Nut (K-lite creator) was a regular poster, and many other developers used to come here and post tools and add-ons, etc. Then Paul moved on to the Codec pack project, and most others lost interest in K-lite too (mostly due to deficiencies in the base kazaa code itself) and moved on to other filesharing methods, such as limewire and/or bittorrent..." (Barbs)

When the old URL wasn't renewed, the board was moved to a new URL, but since everything redirected to the old one, site hits went to nearly zero overnight. For a while, the forum was teetering on closing up. The board was sold a couple of times (I think) and eventually landed in the lap of 7thElement, who made the board 'Filesharingtalk'. It was then sold to the current owner, rookiecrd1. From there, {IKE}, RealitY and tesco have been the main admins who have kept the board running, along with too many mods to list.Actually 7th bought the forum and changed the name and URL to filesharingtalk.com before the old URL was lost. The board just lost activity because of poor management (lack of interest by 7th), and the fact that klite was quickly dying out. It was only after the board was sold to rookie/brian that the old URL got lost, because 7th (who disappeared after he sold the forum) never provided brian the account information for it.
That lost us all of the "klite forum button" traffic but I doubt it was much, seeing as klite was basically already dead anyway.

mjmacky
09-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Thread title:

FST irc? --> Official FST History sticky

anon
09-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Thread title:

FST irc? --> Official FST History sticky

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/98396-Filesharingtalk.com

I knew I had read another thread of that kind before.

wootpecker
09-06-2011, 05:20 PM
If you ever find yourself having account problems here, I suppose you can use the contact form (http://filesharingtalk.com/sendmessage.php).

I've any problems, it's just I prefere IRC, I find it more friendly. :)