PDA

View Full Version : Has BTN officially overtaken BitMeTV?

soulreaper
08-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Torrents -

BitMeTV - 30,782

BTN - 42,621

BTN is a ratio free Gazelle based TV tracker where users aren't afraid to download ANYTHING(obviously).
Low bandwidth users can now happily download and seed whatever they want which is upholding the true spirit of filesharing imo. This is a triumph in torrenting as it disproves the theory that a ratio-free system can't work.

DonateMeTV is arguably the hardest site to seed at and anyone with half a brain knows they're never gonna make things easy because we all know what they're REALLY after,don't we? :shifty:

To quote tequilavip(mod of bitmetv) -

Life's not fair, some people have shitloads of money, some people don't, some people have a Ferrari and some people have a 1991 hyundai with no hubcaps and a coat-hanger for an antenna, and finally some people have 100mbit, some have 512kbit.

Time to eat humblepie aye,tequilavip? ;)

Thoughts?

tippertime
08-25-2011, 02:27 PM
I think a lot of people like BitMeTV's community better though...even with the mods taking taking their volunteer job a little too seriously now and then :-P

ca_aok
08-25-2011, 02:39 PM
I'd say yes. I actually found it very surprising how well BTN took off despite management issues over the years and various other factors, but I'm glad they've succeeded. They've come a long way since I joined up during the "beta".

KFlint
08-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Yes, I mentioned it in the review section recently. To me, BTN is the best bittorrent tv site these days. I would not recommend bitmetv over btn to a new user even if he has a seedbox. No point in wasting time with that when you get better content, roughly the same speed and all you have to do is seed, no matter how much you upload.

Regarding staff maturity, I would appreciate if BTN stopped trying to put IP catching pixels here.

whatcdfan
08-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I would appreciate if BTN stopped trying to put IP catching pixels here.

I don't think they eat rats for the breakfast as the What stuff probably does.

BTN obviously has done things magnificently and putting forth the spirit of sharing has rewarded 'em. Up until now the only demerit with BTN is that being Ratio-less some fuck(x)2 shits limit their upload speeds to the point from where it becomes impossible to leech the stuff, as I started using the tracker recently, I had to face it.

BitmeTV is obviously a place run by the money hungry whores and making it difficult to seed was the only trick the narrow minded mongs could think of, I feel happy for it as they have learned their lesson just like Rapidshare.

thebazzla
08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
never been a member of BTN so cannot compere the two.
i have never used a seed box on BitMeTV but still maintained a healthy ratio on there so i suppose it all boils down to what tv programmes you are into.

Glitterstep
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Though i joined BTN late,for me its my source for all the TV series.Lots of features and the best part being Ratio Free.

robogo25
08-25-2011, 06:16 PM
clearly BTN is future :happy:

whatcdfan
08-25-2011, 07:21 PM
clearly BTN is future :happy:

And how about FTN? :lol:

I've heard, it's ratio free as well.:O

Gaza
08-25-2011, 11:13 PM
BMTV isn't on the same level has BTN, BTN is one of the most feature-rich trackers and ratio free too.

sam45
08-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Damn, you guys make BTN sound great.

I have a healthy ratio at BMTV, but the only time I download from there is if I absolutely cannot find what I'm looking for elsewhere.

Do they hold interviews in IRC to recruit new members, or is it strictly invite only?

anon
08-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Do they hold interviews in IRC to recruit new members, or is it strictly invite only?

I found mention of a #BTN-Invites channel, although I do not know if that offer is still in place right now.

They recently gave everyone two invites so that people can invite their friends before they restrict the flow of new users. I think IRC was going to be one of the few ways of getting in afterwards.

sam45
08-26-2011, 12:06 AM

I found mention of a #BTN-Invites channel, although I do not know if that offer is still in place right now.

They recently gave everyone two invites so that people can invite their friends before they restrict the flow of new users. I think IRC was going to be one of the few ways of getting in afterwards.

Cool, thanks.

I just started reading this thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/436443-BTN-Invite-closed-September-1-2011), I guess I have a few days to find an invite, if not, I will apply at the IRC when it's available.

I made a templatep2p request today, so I will wait before making another request.

merwais
08-26-2011, 04:40 AM
soulreaper stop ur BS please.
BitMeTv is an elite torrent site. a Crap torrent site like BTN can not over take respect of an elite torrent site like BitMeTv.

mjmacky
08-26-2011, 06:26 AM
BitMeTv is an elite torrent site. a Crap torrent site like BTN can not over take respect of an elite torrent site like BitMeTv.

How glad I am that I joined BTN after a comment like this.

r0bkupf
08-26-2011, 09:39 AM

WHAT THE SHIT?

How glad I am that I joined BTN after a comment like this.

ughh.. exactly this ^

The_Martinator
08-26-2011, 10:13 AM
I think it has, quite a while ago too.

It's not the silly features and the super cool look of the site that puts it ahead, it's very good speeds, great retention, unrared content, the amount of the content and especially how easy it is to keep a ratio there (since there is none) that does.

I don't think I really need any 0day trackers now... Except the big ones, for that hard to find stuff.

Gaza
08-26-2011, 03:16 PM

U Mad?

anon
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM

What does "elite" mean here, and who the fuck should care about that when the numbers clearly show BTN is everything but crap?

Don't tell me you're getting a slice of their donations or something. :ermm:

b3owulf
08-26-2011, 05:34 PM
I guess when UK-T, FTWR and ScT went down you stopped downloading, files from SCC or TL aren't 1337 enough for ya, huh? :D

ca_aok
08-26-2011, 06:24 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/Bellwitch/Cat%20Macros/Macros%20made%20by%20others/Specialdeliveryforcaptainbutthur-1.jpg

anon
08-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Everybody shut up and go to TorrentDay... NOW! It's an elite torrent site!

scrappen
08-26-2011, 06:32 PM
How elite exactly? What level is it?

whatcdfan
08-26-2011, 06:32 PM
If anyone interested, TVTorrentz.org has opened sign ups, it has around 14000 torrents.

With their adopting system, retention is very good there.

anon
08-26-2011, 06:49 PM
How elite exactly? What level is it?

Words and numbers aren't enough to describe it. You'll have to experience it yourself.

Wake up. The TorrentDay has you... :O

tippertime
08-26-2011, 06:52 PM
demonoid is by far the most 1337! to mention any other tracker makes you a plight on the Bittorrent community

pay-Napster is also acceptable

scrappen
08-26-2011, 07:02 PM
By the way, I just found a strange mushroom growing in one of my houseplants. It smells funny and looks somewhat similar to this:

http://img.search.com/thumb/9/94/Azurescens.jpg/250px-Azurescens.jpg

Do you guys think it's safe to smoke it?

sam45
08-26-2011, 07:16 PM
By the way, I just found a strange mushroom growing in one of my houseplants. It smells funny and looks somewhat similar to this:

http://img.search.com/thumb/9/94/Azurescens.jpg/250px-Azurescens.jpg

Do you guys think it's safe to smoke it?

You don't smoke mushrooms, you eat them, especially if they're magical. ;)

scrappen
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
So i've been doing it wrong all these years? That would explain why i have never experienced that magic everybody's talking about. Well I'll be damned!

anon
08-26-2011, 07:57 PM
So i've been doing it wrong all these years?

Pics or it never happened.

:blink:

tippertime
08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
smoking mushrooms is totally l33t...eating them wastes most of the good stuff in your stomach acid and then it gets filtered though the kidneys and loses even more of its punch...plugging them is by far the L33Tist way to do them!

IdolEyes787
08-27-2011, 12:26 AM
In all seriousness someone please explain to me the point of this thread?

new_pr0n
08-27-2011, 01:16 AM
yes btn is miles ahead of bitmetv

mjmacky
08-27-2011, 01:33 AM

I think the point was for merwais to show up and demonstrate that there are other reasons he's an idiot, that he's not just a one tune wonder.

Edit: he's also my doctor, I forget to take meds if he doesn't remind me. I'm just that incompetent, I mean look who I have chosen as a doctor.

anon
08-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Edit: he's also my doctor, I forget to take meds if he doesn't remind me. I'm just that incompetent, I mean look who I have chosen as a doctor.

Don't blame yourself. If he got to doctor in the first place, it means the whole system has gone to hell already.

mjmacky
08-27-2011, 02:32 AM

Don't blame yourself. If he got to doctor in the first place, it means the whole system has gone to hell already.

We call them "Biomedical Science" majors

redtea
08-27-2011, 05:19 AM
BTN as a ratioless tracker is facing a big problem...limit upload speed on client

swas1980
08-27-2011, 08:07 AM
BTN definitely has made an impact in the tracker scene with being ratio-less but its more frequently down than BMTV.

IdolEyes787
08-27-2011, 12:28 PM
You know the one true irony of this forum is that the least intelligent people try to make the most serious posts.

VinX
08-27-2011, 06:14 PM

BTN -- Up 10 levels

BitMeTv -- Down 10 levels

:rofl:

thebazzla
08-27-2011, 06:34 PM
BTN as a ratioless tracker is facing a big problem...limit upload speed on clientyes can somebody please explain to me why these seemingly ratio free trackers . users limit there upload speed..

teflon05
08-27-2011, 06:37 PM
To save bandwidth, probably for downloading. In this way, they are shown as seeding but are free to download as usual. Then when they reach the required minimum seed time, they drop off without nearly seeding back what they took.

thebazzla
08-27-2011, 06:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
thanks for that answer teflon

anon
08-27-2011, 07:11 PM
BTN as a ratioless tracker is facing a big problem...limit upload speed on client

All ratio-free trackers and those offering bonus points for seeding have that issue to some degree, unfortunately.

Polarbear
08-27-2011, 07:37 PM
How many peers does BTN have?

Lazy29
08-27-2011, 07:42 PM
^ Peers: 446,793

teflon05
08-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Maximum Users: 35,000
Enabled Users: 30,864
Online Since: November 2nd, 2009
Born: 1 year, 9 months ago
Users active this week: 19,051
Users active this month: 25,867

Torrents: 42,871

nirvanafan
08-27-2011, 09:43 PM
i absolutely love btn, but i wont be letting my bitmetv account die anytime soon. it's an absolute gem for hard-to-find non-scene content

IdolEyes787
08-28-2011, 03:50 AM
How many peers does BTN have?

Judging by the forums the forums I'm guessing quite a few.

Oh no sorry you said peers.

Tokeman
08-30-2011, 07:32 PM
I got into btn a while back, and was disappointed by the content and seeders compared to bitmetv. Perhaps it has grown since then, but alas, my account was disabled/deleted for inactivity. Now on a lot of complete packs on bitmetv there is 1-3 seeders on most things :(
Recently downloaded something about a year old from post date, said it had 2 seeders and 2 leechers, I got ~1gb from one peer (partial leecher most likely), and 5+GB (the rest) from one single seeder... Never even saw the other leecher or seeder connect :\

Has BTN gotten better about the seeder count on older packs of series? I don't really mind if something comes in slow, as long as there are enough seeders that if a few drop off, I can still complete the download.

Funkin'
08-30-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm looking through old shit right now and mostly everything is well seeded(some have just five or six though, most quite a lot). You were probably a member quite a long time ago, the site is much better now.

If you're interested I would put in a request now as I think everyone's invites will disappear in the next couple days.

Tokeman
08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Yea, I would, but I don't think it would look good since I already had it at one point. Don't want it taken the wrong way...

KFlint
08-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Yea, I would, but I don't think it would look good since I already had it at one point. Don't want it taken the wrong way...

You probably can get your account re-enabled on irc.

anon
08-30-2011, 10:29 PM

If you remember your old username or e-mail, you can go to their IRC channel and ask to be reinstated. Gazelle will never forget you, so that isn't an issue.

Beaten by KFlint once again. Now it's personal :snooty:

Tokeman
08-30-2011, 11:59 PM
in fact I do :)
Will give that a shot, thanks!

Funkin'
08-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Yeah I totally forgot about that. My account went disabled at one point, but I hopped on irc and staff were very nice and very prompt in re-enabling it.

If your account is gone then just pm me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Disme
08-31-2011, 08:08 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/mrxvnn.gif

EyeCandy
08-31-2011, 02:03 PM
I thought http://tvtorrents.com/ was the best TV torrent site...

thebazzla
08-31-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought http://tvtorrents.com/ was the best TV torrent site...it all depends what peoples tastes are
i must admit i use that solely for my tv stuff. but the problem is it goes offline quite a bit which can be annoying.
oh and isn't it the last day on BTN for the invites before it becomes super leet

anon
08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
I thought http://tvtorrents.com/ was the best TV torrent site...

I think highly of TvT as well, but apparently BTN has more torrents.

Glitterstep
09-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Invites Are Now Closed

All invites are now closed for userclasses under Master. You may still have invites, but you will be unable to send them.
We hope you took advantage of the opportunity to invite your friends before this September 1st deadline.

DO NOT ask/beg/harass any Master+ to invite your bestest buddy in the whole wide world. They have earnt the right to send invites in one way or another and shouldn't be put in the position of being responsible for someone they don't know.
Consider this your first and only warning.

If there is someone you know that would desperatley love a BTN account, direct them to the various recruitment threads on other trackers or our IRC invite channel if and when it opens.
There may be opportunities for regular users to send invites in the future, so just be patient.

Now let's leave the drama behind us and get back to the reason we're all here - to watch and share mind-numbing television!

//BTN Staff

Why would anyone want to be a member of bitmeTV when its so hard maintaining a ratio there?.

Content,Speeds,Staff.....???

I struggled out there to keep a decent ratio,and later lost interest,as BTN seemed PERFECT for me.

johhny
09-01-2011, 08:58 AM
bitmetv sucks...even freshon.tv is much better

theman5
09-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Definitely yes. Too many times, the latest release isnt on BitMeTV for almost an hour after being pre'd. BTN isn't the top dog for pretimes but it is relatively a lot more reliable.

ThePothead
09-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I would agree. BTN is the first place i go for pretty much anything tv. They have a much better method of organization and many file options for each episode. usually even many encodes for packs. Bitmetv just is lacking, mostly internal releases and not near the content for my needs.

johhny
09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
bitmetv also have a funny bot

This torrent is possibly a (season) pack!
The automated dupe-checker is suspecting this torrent to be a (season)pack of: =)))))))))

LubTheStaringCat
09-09-2011, 05:01 PM
With BitMeTV I've never had any problems, with uploading It's not the fastest upload I have but I usually seed 24/7...and want I lose In the roundabouts I gain In the swings.
As for pre's, I'm quoting theman5 here.

the latest release isnt on BitMeTV for almost an hour after being pre'd.
To be honest that's one fucked up attitude to have for a tracker, what's the problem with waiting, It will be uploaded eventually...who Is the winner at the end of the day, The Tortoise or the Hare :wacko:

mjmacky
09-09-2011, 09:52 PM
who Is the winner at the end of the day, The Tortoise or the Hare :wacko:

Not that I disagree with your point, but sometimes the tortoise loses

anon
09-09-2011, 11:10 PM
That was a good episode. I don't think I'm forgetting the "my leg, my leg!" part... :fear:

theman5
09-10-2011, 01:18 AM
As for pre's, I'm quoting theman5 here.

the latest release isnt on BitMeTV for almost an hour after being pre'd.
To be honest that's one fucked up attitude to have for a tracker, what's the problem with waiting, It will be uploaded eventually...who Is the winner at the end of the day, The Tortoise or the Hare :wacko:
Some people care about pretimes because they think the site is 1337. Other people like pretimes because they want something as fast as they can, especially for TV Shows that they want to watch.