PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent One-way syncing downloads from seedbox to home

Pozarynicoeta
08-26-2011, 02:11 AM
I have written a python script that you can run on your seedbox and it will copy the completed files to another location (in most cases a remote location).
This is useful if you are running a seedbox offshore but want the files to automatically push to your home machine once downloaded.

Highlights of using this script:
- Mirror completed downloads to a target directory or machine.
- Continue to seed torrent even after deleting files from target.
- Seedbox initiates the connection, no polling the seedbox for changes!
- Files "remember" they have been synced, so they will never resync once deleted from target.

This can be run all on a single machine, across a local network, or over the internet (which is what I first designed it for).
The script uses a proper "push" technique (requires port open on home firewall) which doesn't poll the server for changes, saving bandwidth when idle.

If running this script local or on a single machine you have the advantage of being able to delete downloaded files from the target (mirrored) directory and continue to seed them from your client's download directory.

I have included instructions in the comments at the top of the script, but it's pretty straight forward to use.

$ ./seedbox-sync.py --progress /opt/deluge-complete/ [email protected]:~/downloads/
Where the /opt/deluge-complete/ directory is the directory where your Deluge (or other) torrent client saves completed downloads to and home.dyndns.com is your target home machine where the downloads will be pushed.

Hope you find this useful. Let me know if you need help or run into problems.

BkackDrake
01-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Awesome :) works like a charm.
Now My agony can stop :D

Thanks a lot

Cheers

BkackDrake
09-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi
Hope you still check in here ^^
I have used this a while now, and it's working like a charm.
But now I have a little problem. I have changed some settings and now I want the script to sync a folder and a subfolder.
But since it remember the subfolder. It will not download files inside it more than once. Was planning on adding more subfolders to.
EX:

done
done\tv
done\movies

But after the first sync. It remembers the subfolder and will not sync the files inside it next cycle.
Any Ideas around this? perhaps exclude some folder for being added to the database?

Cheers