PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Cats, Kill Them All!

Billy_Dean
11-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I think it's about time the domestic cat was eradicated, they serve no useful purpose, they kill indisciminately, and spread disease. They were useful many years ago when our homes were infested with rats and mice, but now they are just a pest. We should have a National Kill a Cat Day, and put a bounty on them, if we all did our bit, we could completely wipe them out.

Have you noticed that there are no longer any small birds or lizards in your garden? Do you miss the sounds of the bush? Do you or your neighbours own a cat? Australia's wildlife is both unique and special. The many kinds of marsupials, birds, reptiles and frog living in this country evolved in an environment that did not include cats. Cats are introduced predators with which our native wildlife cannot live. While native predators do exist, these have evolved in a way that preserves a natural balance between animals, plants and the land. The relatively recent addition of cats to our environment has upset this natural balance because cats are very efficient destroyers of wildlife.
There is about one cat for every household and one for every five people. In built up areas there can be over 40 cats in each suburban block. There are too about as many stray and feral cats as there are owned cats. There are too many cats in Australia and the numbers are increasing.
All cats kill wildlife, even well fed cats. On average each pet cat kills 25 creatures a year; this adds up to 100 million creatures every year. Feral cats eat the equivalent of 7 bush rats each week, over 400 million creatures a year. Most wildlife killed by roaming pet cats is often caught just outside the back door. All cats, including your pet cat, hunt by instinct. Often a captured bird or possum will appear undamaged but almost certainly, it will die within 36 hours from shock or infection. Cats' mouths are hotbeds of bacteria. One bite to a native animal leads to rapid spread of infection against which it has little resistance. Cats carry toxoplasmosis, a protozoan disease which can devastate wildlife populations.
Cats will kill some rats and mice. However, as cats need a continuing supply of food, it is not in their interest to kill all the rats and mice.
Having a cat is no deterrent to snakes and cats can be killed by them.
Cats and wildlife cannot live together. Cats reduce wildlife populations by predation, disease and competition. Even the presence of cats is enough to drive wildlife away. When combined with habitat loss and failing natural processes, Australia's wildlife is struggling to survive. Keep cats and wildlife apart.
Well cared for cats can be wonderfdul companion animals, but:
* roaming cats can annoy neighbours.
* noisy cat fights or mating cats are disruptive to the nighttime neighbourhood.
* uncontrolled stray and feral cats are a serious community problem.
* wildlife cannot survive increasing predation, competition and disease from cats.

Wires. (http://members.tripod.com/wires_msc/page8.html)

:)

TheDave
11-11-2003, 10:59 PM
not read it all, but let me be the first to say im in

Spider_dude
11-11-2003, 11:07 PM
stfu the both of you.

namzuf9
11-11-2003, 11:08 PM
They make me sneeze and they crap in my garden. Bloody vermin, they're like pigeons with legs! :lol:

Snee
11-11-2003, 11:10 PM
He's talking about domestic cats in Australia, though I'm not for animal cruelty and do very much like cats, they do upset the natural ecology. Cats are pets, not the part of the natural environment there or come to think of it here. I'd very much prefer it if people took care that their cats only moved in appropriate areas. :)

AussieSheila
11-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Feral cats need to be destroyed, domestic cats need to be controlled. In a lot of places in Australia you are not allowed to have cats e.g around Sherbrooke Forest in Victoria. I'm sure there are lots of others. The other thing that has been introduced in Victoria, not sure about the other states, is a cat curfew. It's mostly at night that cats cause the damage with wildlife. I was not going to have a cat because where I live there are lots of green tree frogs, lizards, bandicoots... all sorts of stuff, which I didn't want to put at risk.

Our cat chose us, he was dumped as a tiny kitten and found his way to our house. So now we have a cat. I keep him in at night and our wildlife is all still there. My cat killed a red belly black snake right behind me when I was on the computer one day, I didn't know until I turned around and found the dead snake. He has earned his place. He also kills 1 - 2 rats per week. We never used to have a problem with rats and mice until the python that lived in our shed starting eating our ducklings and we had the snake man come and take him away. But HG does an excellent job of keeping them down in the shed and we never see them in the house.

Nup, HG stays. ;) :)

leonidas
11-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Yeah. I agree with spider dude, and S.T.F.U. is a too polite expression in this case.

The cats didn't came to australia by their own did they? So it's time to assume your responsibilities and spend some money to castrate all the cats, and not to kill them u bloody murderer.

TheDave
11-11-2003, 11:22 PM
they make noise and trip you up when you go in the kitchen too

Kitty
11-11-2003, 11:30 PM
I would think that if you got rid of all the cats then the mice and rat problem would probably make a comeback!
It's not the cats that need to be destroyed it's the stupid people that own them and do not take care of them properly that is causing all the comotion down under.

If every person who owned a cat had them nutered or spayed then the number of feral cats would decline drasticly! But people don't do this they let fluffy run around town making all the babies they care to make, then them babies make babies and on and on and on...

Alos keeping your cat indoors all the time would be another effective way to control the problem between wildlife and the cat.. It's also not safe for kitty to be sneaking around outside at night or during the day... :ph34r:

Billy_Dean
11-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Mmmm! Castration sounds good, thanx Leonidas, I'll give it a go.

leonidas
11-11-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@12 November 2003 - 00:22
they make noise and trip you up when you go in the kitchen too
yep :lol:

Why don't you just bring them all to a concentration camp you nazi! :lol:

No but seriously if I were you I would first castrate all of them, and then create some huges closed areas where they can all live peacefully and be feeded without killing other animals.

In addition I don't like this discrimination you do between animals. Personaly I care the same if a koala or a cat is killed. They both desrve to live.

leonidas
11-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 00:31
Mmmm! Castration sounds good, thanx Leonidas, I'll give it a go.

I'm happy to hear you say that.

I quite the "STFU" and the "murderer"

AussieSheila
11-11-2003, 11:42 PM
;) Well koala's are considerably more at risk than cats and they don't harm any other living creature. People just need to be responsible and the message is getting across. Most Australians are now very aware of the problem and you don't see masses of cats roaming around like we used to. The problem is still huge but it's being worked on. A feral cat killed more than 50 baby ducklings at the farm next door to me, unbelievable damage in one night.

:(

leonidas
11-11-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@12 November 2003 - 00:42
;) Well koala's are considerably more at risk than cats and they don't harm any other living creature. People just need to be responsible and the message is getting across. Most Australians are now very aware of the problem and you don't see masses of cats roaming around like we used to. The problem is still huge but it's being worked on. A feral cat killed more than 50 baby ducklings at the farm next door to me, unbelievable damage in one night.

:(
Damn! :(

Yeah but cats are stupid it's not their fault :huh:

bigboab
11-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Gemby! I hope you are safe in bed. You can not judge what happens in Oz then spread your judgement to all mankind or cat kind BD. What about the people who go out fox hunting, deer hunting, fishing(The ones that kill), elephant hunting for ivory, seal kulling. I think if you were to add it all up, excluding for feeding, I think that man kills more animals in the world than any other animal. I have a cat, I also have squirrels running around the area. The only thing I am frightened of are that any of these animals are caught by young humans and have a firework attached to them. :angry:

UKMan
11-11-2003, 11:56 PM
UKMan rises in extreme anger at the attitude of these obvious brain-dead individual's who suggest such idiotic action and brings out the black book for future reference.

I remember a post a while back about names of members we hate the most. My mind has changed and a few names have been put in the memory banks.

:swear: :flame: :swear: :flame: :swear: :flame:

No Peace for this one
UKMan

TheDave
11-11-2003, 11:58 PM
im sorry ukman. i was just joking. i dont particularly like cats but i wouldnt kill em.

leonidas
11-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by UKMan@12 November 2003 - 00:56
UKMan rises in extreme anger at the attitude of these obvious brain-dead individual's who suggest such idiotic action and brings out the black book for future reference.

I remember a post a while back about names of members we hate the most. My mind has changed and a few names have been put in the memory banks.

:swear: :flame: :swear: :flame: :swear: :flame:

No Peace for this one
UKMan
Who are you talking about? Your post is ambiguous.

Riddler
11-12-2003, 12:04 AM
:o Uh-oh...wait til gemby reads this ! :(

OmniZero123
11-12-2003, 12:05 AM
cats in the areas of problem should be killed or fixed. but to claim all cats need to be killed is just plain barbaric

bigboab
11-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Just an addition to my earlier post. Younger members may never have heard about this, now they are going to. In the 1950's the land of Oz was overrun with rabbits. Now rabbits as it happens are an edible food to humans. So what did the good people of Oz do. They introduced a viral disease called Myxomatosis that causes tumours in the mucous tissue of rabbits. Causing a horrible painful death. :angry:
It also put a lot of people off rabbits as a source of food. I think they are now starting to recover from that.

Darth Sushi
11-12-2003, 12:09 AM
For you guys who don't like pussy: You homo!http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/lol.gif

UKMan
11-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by leonidas+12 November 2003 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leonidas @ 12 November 2003 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@12 November 2003 - 00:56
UKMan rises in extreme anger at the attitude of these obvious brain-dead individual&#39;s who suggest such idiotic action and brings out the black book for future reference.

:swear:&nbsp; :flame:&nbsp; :swear:&nbsp; :flame:&nbsp; :swear:&nbsp; :flame:

No Peace for this one
UKMan
Who are you talking about? Your post is ambiguous. [/b][/quote]
If by ambiguous you mean that my post can be interpreted in two ways, then you are wrong. I am replying to the topic in question: "Domestic Cats, Kill Them All&#33;"

I thought it was obvious, aparantly not. Also, as you showed some consideration on how to controll these fine animals, then you are not the subject of my aggresion.

TheDave: good job my black book is written in pencil :)

UKMan

brotherdoobie
11-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Piss off cat killer.
Cats rule&#33;

Peace brotherdoobie

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@12 November 2003 - 10:08
Just an addition to my earlier post. Younger members may never have heard about this, now they are going to. In the 1950&#39;s the land of Oz was overrun with rabbits. Now rabbits as it happens are an edible food to humans. So what did the good people of Oz do. They introduced a viral disease called Myxomatosis that causes tumours in the mucous tissue of rabbits. Causing a horrible painful death.
It also put a lot of people of rabbits as a source of food. I think they are now starting to recover from that.
:) Bigboab. This is how the rabbits came about. We all know that a lot of mistakes have been made. Introducing rabbits and foxes to this country was a huge one. Myxametosis was a bad solution but no doubt to farmers desperate to keep some feed for their animals as well as the native wildlife, it must have seemed a reasonable solution. It hasn&#39;t been in use for a long time.

Domestic rabbits were first introduced into Australia with the first fleet. They were imported on many subsequent occasions but did not become feral except in Tasmania. It was after Thomas Austin brought twenty four wild rabbits from England in 1859 and released them on his property in southern Victoria that the rabbit became established on the mainland (Rolls,19). There may have been other unpublicised releases in Victoria and South Australia at the same time, but Austin received the credit or rather, the blame for the introduction of the rabbit to the mainland.

Rabbits in Oz (http://rubens.anu.edu.au/student.projects/rabbits/history.html)

There&#39;s some really amazing reading here.

:) Don&#39;t get me wrong, I prefer animals to people mostly. But introduced animals are a huge problem. We have rabbit farms for eating rabbits. I personally could not eat one.

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 12:32 AM
I think we should be eating them, they taste like chicken.

The skins make good hats, a bit like the Davy Crocket ones, you leave the tail on, it looks real cool.

In 1992, at a cattle station in the South Western Australian outback Professor J Pettigrew of the University of Queensland shot 175 ferals in a 10 sq km area. The army shot a further 400 in three days yet a few weeks later they returned to shoot a further 200.

There seems to be enough of them to set up a cat meat production, and when the feral ones run out we can breed them.

leonidas
11-12-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 01:32
In 1992, at a cattle station in the South Western Australian outback Professor J Pettigrew of the University of Queensland shot 175 ferals in a 10 sq km area. The army shot a further 400 in three days yet a few weeks later they returned to shoot a further 200.

There seems to be enough of them to set up a cat meat production, and when the feral ones run out we can breed them.

This is just totally sick. REally it&#39;s an Hollocaust.

Cats are just like you man. They like to sleep, eat, fuck & fight.

bigboab
11-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 00:32
I think we should be eating them, they taste like chicken.

The skins make good hats, a bit like the Davy Crocket ones, you leave the tail on, it looks real cool.

How the hell are you going to breed wildcats. They would just keep going on strike. :lol:

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Loenidas

So do all the other animals we eat, what&#39;s the difference?

Maybe we should eat dogs too, so the cat community feels better. I hear they taste like chicken, which is more than you can say for some chickens.

bigboab
11-12-2003, 12:54 AM
What local take away do you visit BD. Everything tastes like chicken? Maybe somebody is already carrying out your requests. :D

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by leonidas@12 November 2003 - 10:39

This is just totally sick. REally it&#39;s an Hollocaust.

;) Praps he&#39;s missing out on the third one??

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/eekout.gif

bigboab
11-12-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by leonidas@12 November 2003 - 00:39
They like to sleep, eat,( fuck & fight.)
You got the first part right Leo. I&#39;m off to bed. :lol:

leonidas
11-12-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+12 November 2003 - 01:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 12 November 2003 - 01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Loenidas

So do all the other animals we eat, what&#39;s the difference?

Maybe we should eat dogs too, so the cat community feels better. I hear they taste like chicken, which is more than you can say for some chickens.

:) [/b][/quote]
that&#39;s why I&#39;m vegetarian. :lol:

Lamsey
11-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@11 November 2003 - 23:18
Feral cats need to be destroyed
I love this phrase. It sounds so much better than "slaughtered" or "butchered".

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 01:43 AM
:) Lamsey, I walk out my door and I&#39;m immediately surrounded by my gorgeous band of &#39;lame ducks&#39;. I&#39;d take them all in if I could, but the fact is I can&#39;t and there is nothing cute and cuddly about a feral cat (or dog, fox, pig or rabbit.) Humane solutions are sought but still get f**ked up as in the case of the shooting of hundreds of wild horses a couple of years ago, a lot of them were only wounded and died slow painful deaths. It seems incredible that such a thing could still happen, and after the outcry that time it won&#39;t happen again, not in quite that way anyhow.

The fact of the matter is, however facetious Billy Dean is about it, cats are destroying our wildlife. I hate the idea of destroying any living creature, I carry spiders across the road and let them go, but you can&#39;t go all soft and gooey over cats when they are doing so much damage. It&#39;s not even for food. The 50 odd ducklings were apparently for sport, they weren&#39;t eaten. That&#39;s just one case that I personally know about. And just one cat, it was seen. What&#39;s happening out in our bush? Not far from our cities? As humanely as possible the feral cats need to be destroyed. I&#39;m sorry if that upsets you but the carnage left by these animals really is heartbreaking.

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 02:15 AM
You know I really, really don&#39;t want to point this out, but I must. You lot that constantly defend the right to "claim" land as your own must now come to terms with a fact. The earth only has a limited amount of land. We are all stuck here together, for better or for worse. When I say "we" I don&#39;t just mean humans, I also mean animals, plants, ect... If we cannot make the sacrifices necessary to get along with each other peacefully, we never overcome the vices of violence, hate, jealousy, revenge, ect... Is it really an acceptable solution, when another living thing is bothering you, to kill it?

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 12:15
Is it really an acceptable solution, when another living thing is bothering you, to kill it?
Yes&#33;

Triadcool
11-12-2003, 02:17 AM
LETS KILL THEM ALL&#33; :D

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+12 November 2003 - 02:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 12 November 2003 - 02:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 12:15
Is it really an acceptable solution, when another living thing is bothering you, to kill it?
Yes&#33;

:) [/b][/quote]
Hey, I&#39;m just glad your not American. Say what you want, its not making my country look bad.

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 02:25 AM
:( The alternative is to allow them to destroy hundreds of innocent native animals. No the solution is not to seek and destroy. The solution is for people to be responsible with their animals and not let the problem occur in the first place. My cat being a classic example. If I hadn&#39;t taken him in and had him de-sexed and kept him in at night he would now be &#39;out there&#39; running riot. It&#39;s really not that hard. But I swear, you come over here and you see what feral cats do and you might be a bit more sympathetic, and not quite so high and mighty. Read the rabbit article. The cat problem is not as severe, but tell that to the small animals tortured and tormented to death by them. Cos that&#39;s how cats kill you know, nothing humane about it at all.

B)

hobbes
11-12-2003, 02:32 AM
People have a tendancy to DO first and THINK second.

Eventually Australia will reach a new balance, with imported rabbits and cats in the mix, but many unique and local favorites will fall by the wayside in achieving this new look Australia.

We humans, tend to be enamored by the cute kitten and dispense with them as the novelty wears off and the responsibilty begins. We are pathetically irresponsible and selfish creatures when it comes to other forms of life, sometimes even other humans, but I digress.

I know this because my mother traps (in bait cages) feral cats in San Diego, California and has each neutered. She also collects the litters of these feral beasts and places them in responsibile homes, as possible, AFTER each has become mature enough to be neutered. Who pays for this? Me.

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 02:32 AM
@aussie sheila-My words were aimed more at your buddy, who is probably looking for some really long obscure article to copy and paste as we speak. I didn&#39;t mean to make him sweat, I know stirring the sh*t is a hard job. Total respect there mate&#33;

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 02:35 AM
Feral cats also carry infective diseases such as toxoplasmosis and sarcosporidiosis. These diseases can be transmitted to native animals, domestic livestock and humans. In wildlife, toxoplasmosis can cause damage to the central nervous system, blindness, respiratory problems and general debilitation. In humans, toxoplasmosis can also cause debilitation, miscarriage in pregnant women and congenital birth defects. If rabies were to be accidentally introduced into Australia the potential for feral cats to act as carriers would be a high risk. This could prove disastrous for native wildlife and domestic stock.

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 02:38 AM
B) Cool&#33; You can even say mate just like an Aussie&#33;

*giggles* yep he was.

:) Hey&#33; Cheers Hobbes and Mum&#33; Now, that is cool&#33;

protak
11-12-2003, 02:40 AM
A few years back, we had a deer problem. (population and being inland) Simple solution was to open hunting season a little sooner, ( I believe the government gave the natives first right&#39;s ) and put a cap on it, so as not to endanger the poulation. Maybe you guy&#39;s could have CAT SEASON once a year for a couple of week&#39;s. :D

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 02:42 AM
It is important to note that pet cats are just as dangerous as feral cats. The average pet cat kills 38 native animals a year. When you consider this, and recent statistics showing that in small section of the desert in central Australia, cats are responsible for killing something like 4 million native animals EVERY YEAR. And that&#39;s in the desert&#33; Imagine the damage that occurs in bush lands.
There are 3 million domestic cats estimated to be in Australia, with another 18 million feral cats. 3.8 BILLION native animals are killed EVERY YEAR by cats, both feral and domestic.

Hey, MS, it&#39;d take more than you to make me sweat I can promise you&#33;

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@12 November 2003 - 02:38
B) Cool&#33; You can even say mate just like an Aussie&#33;

*giggles* yep he was.

first you claim the land as your own and suggest killing the cats, now are you implying ownership of the word "mate"?? can u comment plz?

Money Fist
11-12-2003, 02:44 AM
You little cat hater have nothing better to do

well i hope a fu**ing tiger jumps
through your front door
and kill u little haters

i like cat myself

i think they are better then dogs

THEY ARE LITTLE FU**ING NINJAS :ph34r:

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 12:43
first you claim the land as your own and suggest killing the cats, now are you implying ownership of the word "mate"??&nbsp; can u comment plz?
Why certainly&#33;

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/senseofhumoursetupz1.gif

B)

leonidas
What about spending the money out to resolve the issue as I said before.

I think money is the main problem. People don&#39;t wanna pay for this, and that&#39;s really shit.

MediaSlayer
@aussie sheila-that&#39;s about what i expected from you

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by leonidas@12 November 2003 - 02:49
What about spending the money out to resolve the issue as I said before.

I think money is the main problem. People don&#39;t wanna pay for this, and that&#39;s really shit.
i agree :o

hobbes
11-12-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 03:42
It is important to note that pet cats are just as dangerous as feral cats. The average pet cat kills 38 native animals a year. When you consider this, and recent statistics showing that in small section of the desert in central Australia, cats are responsible for killing something like 4 million native animals EVERY YEAR. And that&#39;s in the desert&#33; Imagine the damage that occurs in bush lands.
There are 3 million domestic cats estimated to be in Australia, with another 18 million feral cats. 3.8 BILLION native animals are killed EVERY YEAR by cats, both feral and domestic.

Hey, MS, it&#39;d take more than you to make me sweat I can promise you&#33;

Don&#39;t you people declaw your cats? All they can do then is dispense nasty looks and chew on fatally wounded animals.

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 03:03 AM
;) Well I&#39;d truly hate to disappoint MediaSlayer.

B)

The problem is enormous and there is no easy solution that will suit everybody. And yes money is a problem and hey guess what every where you turn someone is looking for money for this or that worthwhile charity, and you know what I&#39;ve figured out? Animals rate fairly low on most people&#39;s list of priorities when it comes to donating.

I know&#33; How &#39;bout we spend less money on wars and more on animals. I would be very happy. Thank you.

And what do you think you know about me anyway? Who I have as friends? Give it a rest.

Evil Gemini
11-12-2003, 03:25 AM
3.8 BILLION native animals are killed EVERY YEAR by cats, both feral and domestic.

Its called the circle of life dude get used to it.

hobbes
11-12-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by neattairoski@12 November 2003 - 04:25

3.8 BILLION native animals are killed EVERY YEAR by cats, both feral and domestic.

"cycle of life", actually.

leonidas
11-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by neattairoski@12 November 2003 - 04:25

Go back playing with your nintendo 64 you alcoholic pseudo sciensist-philosofer :lol:

Evil Gemini
11-12-2003, 03:37 AM
LOL all im saying is that thats what cats do. Its in their nature.

My cat brings a bird at my front door everyonce in a while even though i feed it so much.

You can even get a fine for this shit and i think its stupid.

Go back playing with your nintendo 64 WTF&#33;&#33; :blink:

leonidas
11-12-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by neattairoski@12 November 2003 - 04:37
LOL all im saying is that thats what cats do. Its in their nature.

My cat brings a bird at my front door everyonce on a while even though i feed it so much.

You can even get a fine for this shit and i think its stupid.

Go back playing with your nintendo 64 WTF&#33;&#33; :blink:
I don&#39;t like way you&#39;re talkin, deeming established rules. Everything can be changed.

Don&#39;t you play street fighter on a N64? :lol:

Evil Gemini
11-12-2003, 03:56 AM
No i play street fighter on PSX.

alcoholic pseudo sciensist-philosofer

I like that one :lol:

brotherdoobie
11-12-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila+11 November 2003 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AussieSheila @ 11 November 2003 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 12:43
first you claim the land as your own and suggest killing the cats, now are you implying ownership of the word "mate"?? can u comment plz?
Why certainly&#33;

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/senseofhumoursetupz1.gif

B) [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peace brotherdoobie

j2k4
11-12-2003, 05:34 AM
Feral cats do need to be controlled. ;)

I can only urge this be done humanely (which is an odd term to apply here-is there a feline equivalent?). :huh:

I would personally like to be in charge of an effort to control the problem of irresponsible pet owners, and would immediately make use of castration, etc., to accomplish this. :angry:

Yogi
11-12-2003, 06:42 AM
http://www.tlr-arf.org/resources/images/feral_cat_logo.jpg
You outdone yourself again, BD.
Beats playing Guess the picture, doesn&#39;t it.

Great thread to wake up with.

My bit:

Fix all people. Most destructive animal around&#33;&#33;

and @Hobbes: The official It&#39;s a beautifull world outthere Award&#33;
(but declaw??; that&#39;s like bobbiting a man&#33;&#33;)

I say: Catlovers Unite&#33;&#33;&#33;(note:All following cats are Feral ones&#33;&#33;)
http://drs.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=feral+cat/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/graphics1/cat.jpghttp://www.taiko.org.nz/cat1.jpg
http://www.sadsac.org/images/feral.jpg

http://www.nbcgraphics.com/Custom/Brazos%20Feral%20Cat%20Allies.gif

Yogi
11-12-2003, 06:43 AM
http://kkanga.customer.netspace.net.au/feral.gif
http://www.cvm.tamu.edu/afcat/afcatlogo.gif

Yogi
11-12-2003, 06:51 AM
http://www.enchantedfantasies.com/advocatsinc.gif

UKMan
11-12-2003, 06:52 AM
http://w1.542.telia.com/~u54207239/aussiekiller.jpg

time to start on the kangaroos..

Yogi
11-12-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by UKMan@12 November 2003 - 08:52
http://w1.542.telia.com/~u54207239/aussiekiller.jpg

time to start on the kangaroos..
Good, good plan, my friend......

http://www.queensland-europe.com/Images/Content/kangeroo.gif

Yogi[proud owner of zorba; former greek feral cat.....]

UKMan
11-12-2003, 06:58 AM
Or as i call &#39;em Cats on ski&#39;s :lol:

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 06:59 AM
When they cut this cat open they found the remains of a pitbull terrier in it&#39;s stomach.

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/121103-bigcat.jpg

vader
11-12-2003, 07:04 AM
cats , if you love them keep them inside otherwise they are virmin and should be treated as so. I have a security cam in my drive and you should see the pack of 7 that trash my garbage and crap all over my lawn. It&#39;s actually been a hot topic around here and I hope they make it legal to catch and snuff. I think a big piece of metal plating with the house voltage on a light switch should do just nicely. Then set the plastic cans on top, and wait inside where my camera shows them ripping at it ( wich is really funny cause seven cats can tear open a bag in about 20 seconds..lol team work)....them ZAAAP either no more kitties or a new cat free zone........just waiting on the law to change.... :angry: :rolleyes: :D :o :huh: :P B) :) :unsure: :lol: ;) <_< :( :D

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 07:07 AM
:huh: Do you mean to say you haven&#39;t heard of kangaroo culling?

Thursday, 21 February, 2002, 15:04 GMT
Kangaroo cull targets millions

Some estimates put the &#39;roo population at 60 million

By Phil Mercer
BBC regional reporter in Brisbane&nbsp;

There is outrage in Australia at plans to slaughter millions of the country&#39;s favourite animal - the kangaroo.
Government experts have increased the numbers allowed to be shot by commercial hunters from over five-and-a-half million every year to seven-million.

Animal rights campaigners have described the cull as a "killing frenzy".

But animal activists say the numbers could be wildly inflated

Farmers have a very different view. They say parts of Australia are in the grip of a &#39;roo plague after an "explosion" in numbers.

Just for the record I&#39;m against it.

SOURCE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1834061.stm)

UKMan
11-12-2003, 07:12 AM
I totally agree that they should be kept under controll and that the owners are at fault. But, it seems that most humans just have 1 remedy for all things that upset their pathetic little world and that is KILL KILL KILL. Including other humans.

Humans are the cause of all these problems in the first place. First they want pets, then they dont take care of them, then they wanna kill&#39; em cause they are a problem. Pathetic assholes with shit for brains.

UKMan

Yogi
11-12-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 08:59
When they cut this cat open they found the remains of a pitbull terrier in it&#39;s stomach.

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/121103-bigcat.jpg

Was the name of that Pitbull maybe Billy Dean???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 07:19 AM
Instead of killing the roos, they should be shooting the pigs, buffalos, horses, camels, foxes, wild dogs, cats, goats and all the other introduced pests. Then they should phase out cattle, and breed native animals like kangaroos, emus and crocodiles for the meat trade.

UKMan
11-12-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 08:19
Instead of killing the roos, they should be shooting the pigs, buffalos, horses, camels, foxes, wild dogs, cats, goats and all the other introduced pests. Then they should phase out cattle, and breed native animals like kangaroos, emus and crocodiles for the meat trade.

You certainly live up to your self proclaimed Title anyway.

Yogi
11-12-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 09:19
Instead of killing the roos, they should be shooting the pigs, buffalos, horses, camels, foxes, wild dogs, cats, goats and all the other introduced pests.&nbsp; Then they should phase out cattle, and breed native animals like kangaroos, emus and crocodiles for the meat trade.

You&#39;re still forgetting the worst introduced pest outthere:

Aussies.

Yogi

Rocktron
11-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Kitty@12 November 2003 - 00:30
I would think that if you got rid of all the cats then the mice and rat problem would probably make a comeback&#33;
It&#39;s not the cats that need to be destroyed it&#39;s the stupid people that own them and do not take care of them properly that is causing all the comotion down under.

If every person who owned a cat had them nutered or spayed then the number of feral cats would decline drasticly&#33; But people don&#39;t do this they let fluffy run around town making all the babies they care to make, then them babies make babies and on and on and on...

Alos keeping your cat indoors all the time would be another effective way to control the problem between wildlife and the cat.. It&#39;s also not safe for kitty to be sneaking around outside at night or during the day... :ph34r:
I 100% agree with this...

And i don&#39;t want to add much more about this because they will ban me if i do.
This is just another weak stupid thread to flame a sertain type of people that happen to love cats and respect any other life besides their own.

(what is that "thing" that people have with killing huh? :blink: )
Sounds more like a disease to me..

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 07:36 AM
How dare you call me a flamer Rocktron, I absolutely resemble that remark&#33;

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 07:38 AM
:blink: The point is not that they are disturbing our pathetic little world. The point is they are destroying the world of the native animals. They are not native to this country and they are wreaking havoc. What would you have us do? Just go on burying all the poor little creatures that they&#39;ve mauled to death? I am NOT against cats, I am against feral cats breeding in extraordinary numbers. The wildlife doesn&#39;t stand a chance against them. Look into it and then come back and give your opinion. You are all reacting completely emotionally without considering the consequences, not for us imported Aussies, but for the true Aussies, the animals native to the country. You&#39;ve got no idea obviously&#33;

:huh:

Yogi
11-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@12 November 2003 - 09:38
:blink: The point is not that they are disturbing our pathetic little world. The point is they are destroying the world of the native animals. They are not native to this country and they are wreaking havoc. What would you have us do? Just go on burying all the poor little creatures that they&#39;ve mauled to death? I am NOT against cats, I am against feral cats breeding in extraordinary numbers. The wildlife doesn&#39;t stand a chance against them. Look into it and then come back and give your opinion. You are all reacting completely emotionally without considering the consequences, not for us imported Aussies, but for the true Aussies, the animals native to the country. You&#39;ve got no idea obviously&#33;

If that was for me aswell:

I know.

Yogi

vader
11-12-2003, 07:44 AM
hey I love my cat, but it stays in-because there are people like me...us Humans who would not like her upsetting others lives...5 out of 7 mornings ,and cat shit throughout my back yard where my 6 year old plays. Sympathetics you can have my problem, I been putting up with it almost no matter where I live...cat&#39;s and more cat&#39;s. Did you know that cat&#39;s and dogs combined in North America out number People 7 to 1...3 being the cats and 4...well the dogs of course..now thats a freakin problem. But then I hear New York has more Rat&#39;s then people, so I say give them the cats :huh: :unsure:

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by SensualGardening@12 November 2003 - 07:23

You&#39;re still forgetting the worst introduced pest outthere:

Aussies.

Yogi [/quote]
I would agree, but these two pests(fortunately) do not represent what Australians are really like. I&#39;ve never been, which is what dilly beans will ask next, but I&#39;ve met many Australians touring this country and none of them acted like that.

UKMan
11-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@12 November 2003 - 08:38

Why is it that whenever people feel threatened by others who have another principle than their own, they have to finish off the sentence with : "You&#39;ve got no idea obviously&#33;"

Of course we have an idea <_< It just aint the same as yours&#33;

UKMan

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 17:53
I would agree, but these two pests(fortunately) do not represent what Australians are really like. I&#39;ve never been, which is what dilly beans will ask next, but I&#39;ve met many Australians touring this country and none of them acted like that.
Is this payback for not liking Israel? Or is this a jewish thing, running people down whose view differs from yours?

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Payback? You anti-Israel people kicked our asses&#33; Go look at the thread (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=76515). You were so powerful you scared off Jpaul. payback lol :lol: good one

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Ah, I see .... so it&#39;s a jewish thing then?

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 17:53
B) Yeah? Well, actually I am fairly representative of Aussies. Do your homework MediaSlayer.

sparsely
11-12-2003, 08:06 AM
a task this overwhelming and far-reaching definitely needs a celebrity proponent to help it along.

Bob Barker to the rescue&#33;
http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/bbdog.gif

MediaSlayer
11-12-2003, 08:06 AM
@billy dean-I&#39;m gonna leave you to stir the shit by yourself for now, hope you don&#39;t mind&#33; Feel free to say what you like, I&#39;m not offended. :rolleyes:

cowswithguns
11-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Whilst I agree that feral cats are a huge problem in Australia there is NO way that all domestic cats should be killed......shame on you BD&#33;

I have two cats who are neutered, are kept in at night and have bells to stop them killing birds.

The problem is not the cats but the irresponsible owners who really don&#39;t give a sh*t&#33;

I say kill the irresponsible farkin humans.....we&#39;d be much better off IMO.

The cats of Australia are hiding from you already BD&#33; ;)

http://users.esc.net.au/~mapie/cats14-89.jpg

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by UKMan@12 November 2003 - 17:54
Why is it that whenever people feel threatened by others who have another principle than their own, they have to finish off the sentence with : "You&#39;ve got no idea obviously&#33;"

Of course we have an idea <_< It just aint the same as yours&#33;

UKMan
Do you? Have you looked into the effects of feral cats on Australia&#39;s wildlife, or do you have an idea, an opinion based on emotion rather than fact. Or the effects of any of the other introduced species? Don&#39;t bother shoving me in the same basket as Billy Dean, I&#39;ve said before, just because we&#39;re friends doesn&#39;t mean I agree with everything he says. Read MY words. And I am not anti any race or religion. Thank you again for telling me my opinions MediaSlayer. Where would I be without you?

B)

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 18:06
@billy dean-I&#39;m gonna leave you to stir the shit by yourself for now, hope you don&#39;t mind&#33; Feel free to say what you like, I&#39;m not offended. :rolleyes:
Well of course you&#39;re not, how could you be, a man of the world like you.

Oh, and by the way, I&#39;m English. Have you met a couple of them too? Perhaps you can tell us what they&#39;re like too. Am I typical?

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by cowswithguns@12 November 2003 - 18:12
The cats of Australia are hiding from you already BD&#33; ;)

http://users.esc.net.au/~mapie/cats14-89.jpg
They can hide but they can&#39;t run ... er ..

Rocktron
11-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 08:36
How dare you call me a flamer Rocktron, I absolutely resemble that remark&#33;

Well if you have a problem with cats keep it to yourself&#33;

Bringing it here, where it can be read from all over the world, should result in a flaming discussion right?

Australia seems to have a problem with cats so it seems. And i&#39;m sorry to hear that. But it&#39;s the fault of the people not the cats.
Talk to your covernment about this, don&#39;t bring it here.

The way you started this thread stroke me as very aggressive.
As if you were happy to get your gun and shoot at any cat your see running by..
(and i think you already did..)

There also people that don&#39;t understand your problem inhere.
Australia is a big country but the rest of the world (like the people on this board) is much bigger&#33;

<_<

UKMan
11-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila+12 November 2003 - 09:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AussieSheila @ 12 November 2003 - 09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@12 November 2003 - 17:54

Of course we have an idea&nbsp; <_<&nbsp; It just aint the same as yours&#33;

UKMan
Do you? Have you looked into the effects of feral cats on Australia&#39;s wildlife, or do you have an idea, an opinion based on emotion rather than fact. Or the effects of any of the other introduced species? Don&#39;t bother shoving me in the same basket as Billy Dean, I&#39;ve said before, just because we&#39;re friends doesn&#39;t mean I agree with everything he says. Read MY words. And I am not anti any race or religion. Thank you again for telling me my opinions MediaSlayer. Where would I be without you?

B) [/b][/quote]
Of course i have an idea and of course some of it is based on my respect for nature - nature is very cruel, we have to accept it. Also Sheila, my initial respons was to the thread title: Domestic Cats, Kill Them All&#33; - dosnt seem to mean anything else in my opinion. I also admitted in an earlier post that all animals should be controlled with the owners responsible.

As for the so called outbreak of this "pest" or whatever you wanna call it, i can only sympathise if its causing you a problem.

As for not agreeing with all your fellow patriot says, i can only congratulate you. Personally i think hes an ass, but thats just my opinion and he wont give a fuck anyway. Neither do i come to that, but his knowledge of the use of search engines is as good as mine - thats the only credit he will ever get from me.

Anyone who stirs up shit (his own words) just for the sake of it knowing it will cause arguments and give more credit to his name is not worth it in my humble opinion - for what its worth.

I also notice he constantly ignores a lot of posts and just carries on the bullshit - a real proffessional shit-stirrer personified. He will of course gloat in the knowledge of this and others will be attracted to this type of behaviour - but not i and i retain the right to defend my views as much as you do.

Peace Sheila
UKMan

Rocktron
11-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Seems like a almost CLOSED thread to me... :unsure:

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Looks like a few sense of humour transplants are needed here.

For your information UK, you were the first one to get personal in this thread, so far I have had nothing bad to say about you, and why should I, your pathetic posts speak for themselves.

And as for you Rocktron, don&#39;t fucking tell me what I can and can&#39;t post, it&#39;s nothing to do with you, so mind your own fucking business. If you don&#39;t like this thread you should stay away from it.

Rocktron
11-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 09:47
And as for you Rocktron, don&#39;t fucking tell me what I can and can&#39;t post, it&#39;s nothing to do with you, so mind your own fucking business. If you don&#39;t like this thread you should stay away from it.

It has EVERYTHING to do with me.. i happen to have lost my favorite cat 3 weeks ago. I had her for 16 years. (check my avatar)

I don&#39;t think you reached that age yet did you?

UKMan
11-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 09:47
Looks like a few sense of humour transplants are needed here.

For your information UK, you were the first one to get personal in this thread, so far I have had nothing bad to say about you, and why should I, your pathetic posts speak for themselves.

I dont call the topic subject "a sense of humour" or is that an aussie joke&#33; Enlighten me oh "shit stirrer".

Yes i got personal - and warrented too. Most of your posts here are of the same "sort". Shouldnt have reacted, but being a cat lover i did and have no regrets.

Yes, some of my posts are pathetic - i admit it - your point being?

I have an idea: I&#39;ll promise to ignore you if you do the same. Dont bother replying to this if you agree - no point in making you break a promise now is there?

UKMan

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM
So you lost a cat, so what? What are you, a 10 year old? Is everyone supposed to do a pre-thread thread in case someone has lost a cat or a budgie? And what has you losing a cat got to do with the carnage caused by cats in Australia? Grow up&#33;

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Billy_Dean
11-12-2003, 08:59 AM
I would tell you to grow up too UKman, but you obviously don&#39;t have too much more to do&#33;

And I put the same question to you, what has you being a cat lover got to do with Australia&#39;s cat problem? Should we allow it to continue because you love cats?

Rocktron
11-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 09:56
Grow up&#33;

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Enough said...

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron@12 November 2003 - 18:51

It has EVERYTHING to do with me.. i happen to have lost my favorite cat 3 weeks ago. I had her for 16 years. (check my avatar)

I don&#39;t think you reached that age yet did you?
:huh: Well, I&#39;m sorry for your loss Rocktron, I still grieve for every animal I&#39;ve ever lost. But it just proves the point that you are reacting purely emotionally. Spare a bit of emotion for the native animals. When I have some time I&#39;ll find some pictures of the species being devasted by feral cats, and domestic cats not properly supervised. In some states cats out after curfew can be picked up by rangers and taken to the local pound. The owners are fined and hopefully will take better care of their kitty in future. Our kids are taught in school about our eco system and the effects of introduced species on it, so hopefully in the future we won&#39;t be facing these problems. It doesn&#39;t help the existing problem however, and with hundreds of unwanted pets put down each year, the chances of finding families for the feral cats of Australia isn&#39;t really likely. Supposing of course you could tame them, which with a 3rd or 4th generation feral also isn&#39;t likely.

Please understand that we didn&#39;t start the fire, we&#39;re just trying to put it out.

Peace to you too UKMan

By the way, have any of you seen the way a cat kills?

Evil Gemini
11-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 08:19

:lol: sounds like racism towards animals.

UKMan
11-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@12 November 2003 - 09:59
I would tell you to grow up too UKman, but you obviously don&#39;t have too much more to do&#33;

And I put the same question to you, what has you being a cat lover got to do with Australia&#39;s cat problem? Should we allow it to continue because you love cats?

So, you didnt accept my offer - ok.
Please please Mr Billy_Dean - why oh why do you insist on missing the point here? If you want people to take you seriously, then change your title and start behaving like a grown up. You are just as pathetic with your answers as the next person - myself included. I of course realise that any slagging of you dosnt cut it, now realise that the same goes for me too.

Now piss off and start another shit post - i wont bother replying to that anymore than i&#39;m gonna say anymore here. Dont bother thinking that you have scared me off like others, cause you aint, i just cant be bothered anymore with your arrogant self hypocratic bullshit.

Yeah - i know - so fucking what??

Yogi
11-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Okay, now it time for BigBird again&#33;&#33;&#33;
(thanks to LTJBukem&#33;&#33;&#33;)

http://drs.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=bigbird/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://members.iserv.net/lynetteg/pics/bigbird.gif

Let&#39;s loosen up, guys&#33;&#33;

http://drs.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=bigbird/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://www.ozwebart.com.au/balloons/_borders/bigbird.gif

It&#39;s a beautifull day(except for my teeth being pulled in 1 hour......)&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

http://www.dandythings.com/bigbird.jpg

And if you people can&#39;t stop taking yourself sooo serious, start a thread let&#39;s terminate all shitstirrers&#33;&#33;(not you, BD; you wouldn&#39;t hurt a fly, would you???...... :lol: )

And now, let me mourn for my teeth&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:unsure: Yogi[/off ordering toothcoffins.......]

cowswithguns
11-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Perhaps all the Local Council&#39;s could provide every cat owner with one of these.........You could just hang your cat up whilst you are unable to keep an eye on it.

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/121103-catcarrier.jpg

:o :o :o

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 09:40 AM
<_< Regardless of how Billy Dean might start his threads there are usually valid points in there.... along with humour&#33; might not be your sort of humour, you sure can&#39;t please all of the people...

I&#39;m kinda glad he brought it up cos now I have a much better understanding of just how bad the problem is. I thought I was doing my bit by being a responsible animal owner and major league respecter of the native wildlife. I have possums and bandicoots cavorting in my back yard, a baby frog mouth owl lives with his mum in one of our trees. I can walk out my back door any night and there will be a couple of green tree frogs sitting there. These are all animals in danger from cats. All gentle creatures that don&#39;t stand a chance against a cat and some ferals are enormous.

You appear to be arguing for a savage and merciless introduced killer over helpless native animals.

AussieSheila
11-12-2003, 11:40 AM
The degree of threat posed by cat predation hinges upon:
• the behavioural, morphological and physiological characteristics of cats which enable them to be more efficient predators than native predators;
• factors that make cats more abundant or persistent than native predators;
• the small size and isolation of populations of some threatened species; and
• the vulnerability (naivety) of native prey to cat predation.

Feral Cats Pose Threat to Native Mammals and Birds
Embargoed to midnight Monday 23 September 1996
(116/96)
The dangers posed to Australia&#39;s native mammals and birds by feral cats have been highlighted in a new report.
In one of three national overviews released today on the impact of introduced species on native wildlife, feral cats are found to prey mainly on marsupials and birds and are thought to be responsible for the decline of many endangered species including the Kowari, Dibbler, Gouldian Finch and Golden-shouldered Parrot.
Federal Environment Minister Robert Hill says the feral cats report highlights that feral cats prey on native mammals weighing up to 2000 grams and birds up to 3500 grams, but the impact falls most heavily on smaller species of less than 220 grams.
"Feral animals can affect both primary production and the environment through the spread of disease, competition for food and shelter, and enhanced predation. Management can only be effective when it is clear what level of control is needed to negate any harmful effects of introduced species like feral cats, trout and honeybees."

RESEARCH REPORT
Eradication of Feral Cats (Felis catus) from Gabo Island, south-east Victoria
By Keith L. Twyford, Peter G. Humphrey, Ross P. Nunn and Lawson Willoughby
Summary Concerns about the effects of predation by Feral Cats (Felis catus) on native fauna, particularly breeding seabirds, precipitated a decision in 1987 to control and eventually eradicate cats from Gabo Island. The size of the population prior to control was at least 30 animals. A control programme, undertaken between 1987 and 1991, centred on shooting, trapping and an extensive 1080 poison-baiting programme. Trapping and shooting were ineffectual. Poisoning was the most successful and effective technique for the rapid and widespread reduction in the Feral Cat population on Gabo Island. The effectiveness of dead 1-day-old chickens as a poison carrier was demonstrated. Effective poison baiting was attributed to bait selection and strategic timing of baiting to periods when prey was at low levels. Outcomes from the trapping programme and post-control monitoring strongly suggested that the cat population had been reduced to only two or three animals, possibly of the same sex. Monitoring between 1992 and 1998 failed to record any evidence of cats, indicating that the cats remaining after poison baiting had been unable to sustain a viable population. On the basis of the available evidence, Feral Cats appear to have been successfully eradicated from Gabo Island.

Animal Welfare Concerns
Animal welfare issues related to feral cat control were thoroughly discussed at a workshop that preceded the preparation of this plan (Carter 1994). Organisations were invited to submit position statements covering animal welfare issues, with the RSPCA and Australian and New Zealand Federation of Animal Societies (ANZFAS) providing such statements (Carter 1994). Both these organisations accepted that there is a need to control feral cats to protect environmental values and wildlife. Both strongly emphasised the need for control methods to be humane. Neither organisation supported the use of mechanical hold fast traps, such as steel-jawed leg-hold traps, that are widely considered to be inhumane, however the recent development of the Victor Soft-catch trap™ may overcome this concern (Meek et. al. 1995)
ANZFAS was prepared to support research and development into biological reproductive control of feral cats, as long as it was humane and environmentally safe. The RSPCA was prepared to review its position on this issue if the technique could be shown to be humane, and environmentally safe, and if the safety of owned cats could be guaranteed.
Both organisations recognised the need to control feral cats from time to time. ANZFAS argued for live trapping and humane dispatch, while the RSPCA accepted that lethal baits could be used, under appropriate supervision, in the absence of an alternative. ANZFAS did not support any ‘method of repetitive, lethal control indefinitely...without concurrent research into alternative methods which assure long-term humane control’. In recent comments ANZFAS stressed the need to clearly define the problem caused by cat predation. It is accepted that where the removal of cats would contribute to the balance of the environment, humane control methods must be developed.
Published June 1999 by Environment Australia under the Natural Heritage Trust.

© Commonwealth of Australia

:) Now we&#39;ll all know a little more.

leonidas
11-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Just spend the f*ckin&#39; money out you stupids&#33;

To First castrate all of them

And to Secondly put them all in some closed aeras and feed them

And don&#39;t tell me Australia don&#39;t have money for this. Just create a new tax to finance it, teach a huge number of unemployed people how to castrate a cat and that&#39;s all&#33;

Why continuing to argue it&#39;s becoming pointless&#33;

Kenny1036
11-12-2003, 08:29 PM
think of the cat lovers (i&#39;m not)

hi_what_is_up!
11-12-2003, 08:29 PM
If you sick fucks killed animals in the usa and got caught id say about a huge ass fine and you should get some jail time cuz if you kill inocent animals you don&#39;t deserve to live.

CrumbCat
11-12-2003, 08:36 PM
:o

I have a cat and will spend my energy loving it rather than hating you for creating this topic.

CC

RGX
11-12-2003, 08:38 PM
<_<

lynx
11-12-2003, 09:10 PM
While I find the original subject distasteful in the extreme, I have to concur that feral cats can indeed be a great problem. And unfortunately castration of the males is not a solution. Since in any group of cats there will usually be a dominant male, failure to castrate all the males will simply mean that one which would not normally have much of a chance of mating would become the dominant male, and the females still end up pregnant.

The solution is to spey the females, following which only the ones which had been missed would produce litters. And once you spot a female with kittens it is easy to tell which one was missed. Castration of the males might be a good idea from the point of reducing foul smelling and violent cats, but it is ineffective in controlling the population.

On the subject of domestic cats, certainly in the UK it is nonsense to suggest that they have been responsible for the devastation of wildlife. The domestic cat population has been fairly steady for quite a number of years, but during that time there has suddenly been a decrease in the population of small birds. At the same time, the magpie has been made a protected bird. There has been a dramatic increase in the number of magpies, and one of a magpie&#39;s favorite foods is the eggs and chicks of smaller birds - figure it out for yourself.

As for cats leaving their &#39;spoil&#39; everywhere, when possible a cat will bury it&#39;s shit, but obviously this may not be possible in a &#39;concrete jungle&#39;. It certainly isn&#39;t possible when things are thrown at them before they have time to complete the digging. I&#39;ve even heard of cat haters claiming they&#39;ve seen cats &#39;cocking their legs&#39; and pissing on someones property (car, doorstep etc). Obviously they realise this is a trait of dogs and wrongly assume that cats do the same, but their blind hatred drives them to make up all manner of drivel.

I&#39;ve seen Billy_Dean leaving shit all over this board - perhaps he should be put down, or at the very least castrated. :lol:

Aaron_T
11-12-2003, 09:14 PM
stick cats on the ends of guns and use them a a silencer thatll teach them to crap in my garden :lol:

just joking i really like cats they make the home nice even if they do smell. <_<

leonidas
11-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Don&#39;t you know that female cats can be castrated to. Maybe castrated is not the right word, but you can do a surgery so that they won&#39;t get kitten anymore.

I&#39;ve seen Billy_Dean leaving shit all over this board - perhaps he should be put down, or at the very least castrated

Yeap. Let&#39;s kill this pest.

lynx
11-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by lynx@12 November 2003 - 21:10
The solution is to spey the females
:P

Billy_Dean
11-13-2003, 07:00 AM
What&#39;s all this castration crap? How do you castrate 18 million cats in an area 32 times bigger than England? What&#39;s needed is a disease that renders them infirtile, a sort of chemical castration.

And all you pricks that want to attack me personally, do your worst, I&#39;m obviously more of a man than you pile of wankers put together.

Rocktron
11-13-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@13 November 2003 - 08:00
And all you pricks that want to attack me personally, do your worst, I&#39;m obviously more of a man than you pile of wankers put together.

A grown up "man" doesn&#39;t have to use bad language all the time and call people names. (That&#39;s breaking at least 1 of the board rules btw) <_<
And you exaggerate that to the max..

Billy_Dean
11-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron+13 November 2003 - 17:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron &#064; 13 November 2003 - 17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>A grown up "man" doesn&#39;t have to use bad language all the time and call people names. (That&#39;s breaking at least 1 of the board rules btw) <_<
And you exaggerate that to the max..[/b]
Oh, excuse me, is there a "nice" way of attacking someone?

Let&#39;s have a look;

Originally posted by Spider Dude+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider Dude)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> stfu the both of you. [/b]

Originally posted by Leonidas
Yeah. I agree with spider dude, and S.T.F.U. is a too polite expression in this case.

Originally posted by UKMan
UKMan rises in extreme anger at the attitude of these obvious brain-dead individual&#39;s ...

Originally posted by Brotherdoobie
Piss off cat killer.

Pathetic assholes with shit for brains.

Originally posted by MediaSlayer
but these two pests(fortunately) do not represent what Australians are really like.

..Personally i think hes an ass .. a real proffessional shit-stirrer personified .. You are just as pathetic ... Now piss off and start another shit post ...arrogant self hypocratic bullshit....&nbsp; Yeah - i know - so fucking what??&nbsp;

<!--QuoteBegin-hi what is up@
If you sick fucks killed animals in the usa .... [/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-Lynx
I&#39;ve seen Billy_Dean leaving shit all over this board - perhaps he should be put down, or at the very least castrated[/quote]

So I get attacked by stupid kids and grumpy old men and that&#39;s OK is it? But if I hit back it&#39;s wrong&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brotherdoobie
11-13-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+13 November 2003 - 03:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 13 November 2003 - 03:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Rocktron+13 November 2003 - 17:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron &#064; 13 November 2003 - 17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>A grown up "man" doesn&#39;t have to use bad language all the time and call people names. (That&#39;s breaking at least 1 of the board rules btw) <_<

Let&#39;s have a look;

Originally posted by Spider Dude
stfu the both of you.

UKMan rises in extreme anger at the attitude of these obvious brain-dead individual&#39;s ...

Piss off cat killer.

but these two pests(fortunately) do not represent what Australians are really like.

..Personally i think hes an ass .. a real proffessional shit-stirrer personified .. You are just as pathetic ... Now piss off and start another shit post ...arrogant self hypocratic bullshit.... Yeah - i know - so fucking what??

If you sick fucks killed animals in the usa ....

<!--QuoteBegin-Lynx
I&#39;ve seen Billy_Dean leaving shit all over this board - perhaps he should be put down, or at the very least castrated[/quote]

So I get attacked by stupid kids and grumpy old men and that&#39;s OK is it? But if I hit back it&#39;s wrong&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Hit back all you want ;) ..........I&#39;m way over here.

I was being sarcastic in my post that you quoted.
I forgot to use some kind of smile to represent the fact .;)

I actually agree with most of your statements concerning cats
and the damage they cause.

So speak your mind ........and I will do the same.

Now piss off cat killer.

Peace brotherdoobie

Billy_Dean
11-13-2003, 08:39 AM
I knew you were joking Brotherdoobie, but I needed to fill the space.

Now piss off cat lover. :P

j2k4
11-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@13 November 2003 - 03:00
How do you castrate 18 million cats in an area 32 times bigger than England? What&#39;s needed is a disease that renders them infirtile, a sort of chemical castration.

A feline "Weapon of Mass Castration", so to speak?

lynx
11-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@13 November 2003 - 07:00
What&#39;s all this castration crap? How do you castrate 18 million cats in an area 32 times bigger than England? What&#39;s needed is a disease that renders them infirtile, a sort of chemical castration.
Living in Australia must make you a bit slow.
If you cant castrate them, what&#39;s wrong with condoms? :D

Rocktron
11-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+13 November 2003 - 09:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 13 November 2003 - 09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Let&#39;s have a look;

stfu the both of you.

Piss off cat killer.

..Personally i think hes an ass .. a real proffessional shit-stirrer personified .. You are just as pathetic ... Now piss off and start another shit post ...arrogant self hypocratic bullshit.... Yeah - i know - so fucking what??

<!--QuoteBegin-Lynx

He he he,

just look and read them all back..
They are all against you and your idea.

So maybe we are all wrong. Sorry&#33;

:rolleyes:

AussieSheila
11-13-2003, 08:31 PM
;) You&#39;re a little slow Rocktron.

Feel Teh Love (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=81382)

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/heart.gif

Gemby!
11-13-2003, 08:36 PM
whats with the quoting &#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

J'Pol
11-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@12 November 2003 - 09:01
Payback?&nbsp; You anti-Israel people kicked our asses&#33;&nbsp; Go look at the thread (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=76515).&nbsp; You were so powerful you scared off Jpaul.&nbsp; payback lol :lol:&nbsp; good one

Oh yes, that happened.

Oh and I agree it&#39;s a good idea to leave Australia to the native animals, take away the imported ones and just leave those which evolved there.

Bear in mind that you humans are also animals. So you would have to leave too.

Spider_dude
11-13-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+13 November 2003 - 08:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 13 November 2003 - 08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Let&#39;s have a look;

stfu the both of you.

Piss off cat killer.

<!--QuoteBegin-Lynx

yeah i am the top quote, Rock on.

Gemby!
11-13-2003, 08:55 PM
arghh stop with teh qouting &#33;

bigboab
11-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@13 November 2003 - 20:55
Tell them t-cut it out, or you will polish them off Gem. :lol:

Edit. I am not stalking you. it is just a coincidence. ;)

globalterminator
11-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Stop playing god :angry:

bigboab
11-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by globalterminator@13 November 2003 - 20:58
Stop playing god :angry:
Who are you refereeing to?

Sid Hartha
11-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@13 November 2003 - 08:15
Is this thread an example of what people call "flame bait"?

Gemby!
11-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+13 November 2003 - 20:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 13 November 2003 - 20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@13 November 2003 - 20:55
Tell them t-cut it out, or you will polish them off Gem. :lol:

Edit. I am not stalking you. it is just a coincidence. ;) [/b][/quote]
im gonna stick the t-cut up their coff :o coff

:lol: :lol:

Lamsey
11-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Sid Hartha@13 November 2003 - 21:03
Is this thread an example of what people call "flame bait"?
As you&#39;ll see from his member title, Billy_Dean considers himself something rather similar to flamebait ;)

bigboab
11-13-2003, 09:06 PM
Oh&#33; Oh&#33; I am getting out of here. There is nothing more ferocious thatn a young female cat fighting back. :lol:

Where are you now BD? B)

Sid Hartha
11-13-2003, 09:10 PM
http://smooo.com/jaim/images/digcam/pets/030521-isis01.jpg

Gemby!
11-13-2003, 09:13 PM
heya felix - long time no see - hows things :P still doing adverts ?

AussieSheila
11-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@14 November 2003 - 07:06
Oh&#33; Oh&#33; I am getting out of here. There is nothing more ferocious thatn a young female cat fighting back. :lol:

Where are you now BD? B)
:) He&#39;s waiting for a hug from you.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=81382

bigboab
11-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila+13 November 2003 - 21:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AussieSheila @ 13 November 2003 - 21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@14 November 2003 - 07:06

Where are you now BD? B)

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=81382 [/b][/quote]
I will give hime one after he gets one from JP.

Lamsey
11-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+13 November 2003 - 21:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 13 November 2003 - 21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by AussieSheila@13 November 2003 - 21:19
<!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@14 November 2003 - 07:06

Where are you now BD? B)

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=81382
I will give hime one after he gets one from JP. [/b][/quote]
Did you hear that Satan was recently spotted buying a snowplough?

bigboab
11-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Quick on the uptake Liam. No wonder you are a Moderator. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leonidas*
11-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@13 November 2003 - 08:00
What&#39;s all this castration crap?&nbsp; How do you castrate 18 million cats in an area 32 times bigger than England?&nbsp; What&#39;s needed is a disease that renders them infirtile, a sort of chemical castration.

You just have to spend a lot of money on it, it will take years, but you have to do it, otherwise you can consider yourselves as barbarians.

Nothing is easy.

Billy_Dean
11-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+14 November 2003 - 07:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 14 November 2003 - 07:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@13 November 2003 - 21:23

Originally posted by AussieSheila@13 November 2003 - 21:19
<!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@14 November 2003 - 07:06

Where are you now BD? B)

I will give hime one after he gets one from JP.
Did you hear that Satan was recently spotted buying a snowplough?[/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t think you are being at all fair to JP***, we are both adults who sometimes act like kids, nothing wrong with that, is there?

AussieSheila
11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
FERAL CATS

Determining the impact of feral cats on native wildlife on the Australian mainland is more difficult than on the islands. It is complicated by other factors such as introduced herbivores like rabbits competing with native animals for food and shelter, and habitat loss caused by clearing, grazing animals and urban development.

However, there are instances where feral cats have directly threatened the successful recovery of endangered species. For example, feral cats killed many of the captive bred Malas (or Rufous Hare-wallabies) that were released in the Tanami Desert of the Northern Territory during 1990 and 1991. It was also found that a single feral cat was responsible for reducing the numbers of rock wallabies in an isolated colony in tropical Queensland.

CONTROL

Feral cats have been eradicated from a number of offshore islands using conventional control techniques, but the story on the mainland is a much more complex one. The current methods used to control feral cats are labour intensive, as feral cats can be quite trap shy, do not take baits readily and generally avoid human contact, making them difficult to shoot. Even if an area is treated, it is quickly recolonised by either the offspring of feral populations, or by recruits from urban areas.

Barrier fencing has proved to be the most effective current control technique for feral cats. Unfortunately, the high cost of fencing makes this technique useful only for small areas of land. The fences also need regular maintenance to stop cats getting through into the enclosure.

Eradication of feral cats is well beyond the capacity of available techniques and resources because the species is so well established across such a vast area. In contrast, eradication of a population of feral cats from an island may be feasible provided a persistent campaign can be mounted (Veitch 1985).

ABORIGINAL EXPERTISE

Indigenous Australians are able to offer unique skills in the management of natural areas, particularly in central and northern Australia where traditional skills are still taught and Aboriginal culture is less affected than in southern and eastern Australia. Aboriginal people are able to interpret the landscape and give insights into the natural history of certain species. In particular, some people are able to track individual animals. By employing such skilled people, problem predators can be tracked, resulting in the animals’ capture or destruction.

Tracking is a labour intensive technique but the time and expense may be offset by the benefit in being able to remove particular problem animals from the predator population. By selectively removing a few individual cats, such as large, experienced males specialising in hunting particular rare species, the primary agents of damage may be eliminated allowing wildlife colonies to survive even though there are other feral cats around (Gibson et. al. 1994).

FERTILITY CONTROL

Substantial efforts are being made at the Vertebrate Biocontrol Co-operative Research Centre to develop immunocontraceptive vaccines for several vertebrate pests, particularly foxes, rabbits and mice. This is a high cost/high risk venture and it would be inappropriate to expand the program to include work on cats at this time. If this venture is successful, it may be possible to apply the techniques to develop such a vaccine for feral cats. Currently there are no effective chemical sterilants which produce permanent sterility in cats (Moodie 1995).

A major benefit of the development of immunocontraceptive techniques is that they are humane. Broadscale control of cats using an immunocontraceptive vaccine, if one were developed, would be dependent upon the development of a suitable delivery mechanism for the vaccine and appropriate approvals to release the vaccine into the wild.

SOURCE (http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity)

Evil Gemini
11-14-2003, 02:01 PM
You wanna know what i think ??

Billy_Dean
11-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski@15 November 2003 - 00:01
You wanna know what i think ??
no.

AussieSheila
11-14-2003, 02:02 PM
ENDANGERED SPECIES

Thousands of years ago the island continent of Australia separated from the super continent of Gondwana. So its animals evolved in isolation from the rest of the world into a unique and wonderful fauna. Sadly, since the arrival of white men, only 200 years ago many animals are now extinct or endangered.

The more we understand about Australian Wildlife and the threats to their survival, the greater the chance of saving the remaining species.

Bandicoots

Long Nosed Bandicoot - Perameles nasuta
Southern Brown Bandicoot -Isodon obesulus
Brown Bandicoot - Isodon macrourus

Common to scarce in some areas due to habitat destruction and predation by domestic animals.

Schedule 12 animal, report location to NPWS. Southern Brown Bandicoot is classified as Endangered.

Threats:

Key factors in the decline of the Southern brown bandicoot include feral carnivores (cats and foxes), habitat loss and road kill.

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/neargonetakitty.jpg

Bilby
Greater Bilby - Macrotis lagotis

Greater Bilby is vulnerable, the Lesser Bilby is probably extinct.

The bilby is one of Australia’s most beautiful and graceful native animals.

Description:

The bilby has long rabbit like ears. Their ears have a plentiful blood supply which helps its body get rid of heat. The bilby&#39;s hair is long, soft and silky and its black and white tail is carried out like a banner. They sleep sitting back upon their tails with their heads tucked down between their fore paws and ears folded forward along their face. Bilbies are variable in size, some are as big as a cat.

Breeding:

Bilbies have two to three young reared in a backward opening pouch.

Diet:

Insects, seeds, fruit and fungi.

Habitat:

The Greater Bilby lives in dry, hot areas. It digs a burrow up to three metres long where it shelters from the heat by day emerging to feed at night.

SOURCE (http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/threatened/)

SOURCE (http://www.wires.org.au)

AussieSheila
11-14-2003, 02:05 PM
:o Goddammit&#33;&#33; Forgot the bloody smilies&#33;

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/fu2.gif

Yogi
11-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Damn it, Sheila. you&#39;re starting to play a mean game here&#33;&#33;&#33;

Throwing in the bilby&#33;&#33;&#33;

Stop that, will you&#33;&#33;&#33;

:P Yogi

AussieSheila
11-14-2003, 02:29 PM
:) Peace Yogi.

B)

Billy_Dean
11-14-2003, 02:31 PM
You can&#39;t hide Andie43, I know you&#39;re in here somewhere&#33;

AussieSheila
11-14-2003, 02:54 PM
:) This one&#39;s a black footed rock wallaby. See the baby in front there, cute huh? Cute as any liddle kitty cat. :D Threatened species, damn shame isn&#39;t it?

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/rockwallaby1.jpg

B)

Yogi
11-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Thought you said: Peace......

Watch out, or you might become endangered.......

:P Yogi

AussieSheila
11-14-2003, 03:50 PM
:) Nite Yogi. Peace.