PDA

View Full Version : Fecking Rain

Biggles
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Having a DIY fest and spent a pleasant sunny morning cementing some holes the plumber left after fitting a new boiler (the old one had a flu the size of the Clyde tunnel). Tried my hand at harling and was fairly pleased with the result. Then the fucking heavens opened up out of nowhere. I ran around like a demented crow flapping in rage at the heavens.

Came inside to sulk and now the sun is shining again - anybody know any reverse rain dances. I will Dad dance until the cement dries if I have to

Bastarding weather :pinch:

NotLettingItGo
08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
You live in Scotland and were hoping for a rain free day... good god Les... that's a surpreme example of optimism.

Good luck with your pebble dashing.

Artemis
08-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry big guy, my abject exasperation trumps your frustration on this occasion !

JPaul
08-27-2011, 10:03 AM
You could always cover it with a tarp.

Just saying like.

brotherdoobie
08-28-2011, 05:11 AM
^Fair point.

I mean fuck, Les.

-bd

Biggles
08-28-2011, 02:26 PM
:ermm:

I lent my sky hooks to a neighbour

thewizeard
08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
It's been raining cats and dogs here too and I'm presently considering reporting this climate change to the RSPCA :o

thewizeard
08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
However I can't the proof has all washed away ! :cry:

Biggles
08-29-2011, 10:53 PM
So far my harling appears to be intact and hopefully will stay that way.

Flushed with success I decided to tackle a problem area either side of the front door. It got soaked during a storm, when the now cemented up old flu decided to leak like a sieve. I anticipated some plaster repairs once the paper was removed so armed myself with some polyfilla. Two bin bags of plaster later and me looking like an irate rather grey snowman I decided that even the economy giant pack of polyfilla might not be enough. Not sure you can apply it straight to brick anyway. :dry:

I have decided to call a plasterer in :pinch: I think I will call a halt to the DIY thing and spend the rest of my holiday visiting family and reading my book.

thewizeard
08-30-2011, 08:01 PM
After reading that, I can only say, I agree with you!

Biggles
08-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Plasterer came and did the sucking the air noise. I think he intends to rebuild the house around the hole I made :( Oh Bum.