PDA

View Full Version : A question about forte agent

Stabber
08-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi !

I decided to try forte agent with download binaries and i was wondering if there is a way to display the download speed because i can't find it ...

dawsonkm
08-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Not that I've been able to find

zot
08-29-2011, 04:39 PM
There are plenty of free bandwidth meter applications available, so I would not miss it. I usually just look at NetMeter instead of using the newsreader's built-in function.

Stabber
08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
wow that's a good way to test the real speed of torrent clients or usenet clients instead of the displayed speed . Can't believe i haven't thought about it :P

ps after testing it with a lot of bandwidth meters , it seems that newsbin pro reports higher speeds for some reason

where as the netmeter shows the same speed with all test newsreaders

zot
08-31-2011, 04:46 AM
That is why you should use ONE metering application when comparing different applications against each other.

At least now I understand how you came to believe that Newsbin is "faster" than other newsreaders -- basically just because Newsbin said so..

Stabber
09-01-2011, 11:15 AM
The same thing happens with bicomet , which shows bigger download speed comparing to utorrent , when basically the speed is the same

Btw although download speed with the metric is accurate and stable , the upload speed gets wrong values for some reason,

i've tried netmeter , networx and bandwidth monitor all show wrong value for upload speed comparing with the upload speed of utorrent