PDA

View Full Version : Bin File Trouble

TheMan1891
02-08-2003, 03:37 PM
With ISO files if the file is corrupted you can use CDMage to fix them, or whatever, they are more easy to work with. However I have been having trouble with the Fairlight .bin rip of No One Lives Forever 2. I have downloaded them several times to no avail, the files are always corrupted (FireBurner says they are and it has errors on installation). My question is, how do you repair .bin files??? With ISO files you can use CDMage but what do you use for .bin files?? It seems like every .bin file I get is too corrupted to ever ever work. Have any of you found a solution? I would really appreciate your help.

Benno
02-08-2003, 04:41 PM
you can use CDMage too. :)

TheMan1891
02-08-2003, 05:32 PM
How do you get it to recognize the .bin files? When I open CD mage and select the filetype for .bin it doesnt come up, its as if the file doesnt exist. Also even though there is no .exe extension on some of the .iso files I download, Windows still thinks its an application. How do I make it a true ISO image file? I know alot of questions... but I'm still a newbie trying to figure this whole thing out.

Benno
02-08-2003, 06:34 PM
In CDMage you have to open the cue file this will load the image.

to your 2nd question I think you just cant see the exe extension because windows is hiding it.
You can disable it in windows folder options (since i run the german windows i dont know the exact name).

TheMan1891
02-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Oh... ok... thanks for the help! I shouldhave been smart enough to figure that out on my own. Thanks for the assistance!