PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a DDL premium account, which one would you pick?

KFlint
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't know much about DDL but someone gave me his fileserve premium account recently to download something I couldn't easily get on BT and usenet and it caught my attention since.

What's the best choice available, fileserve, rapidshare, etc...? I really don't know if new releases spread to the major ddl hosts systematically. Is there one clearly superior to the others in term of content?

Do those ddl servers log the content you download or it is like usenet servers who claim they don't log your activity?

Finally, isn't those accounts limited to one IP / segment? The fact that I could use an account from another country is intriguing.

Thx :)

mjmacky
08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I would think they're ever shifting. I used to use Releasemix (http://www.rlsmix.net/) before jumping on usenet. I don't personally know of a better indexing site, but you can get an idea of which ones are used. Maybe try finding which content would interest you, and subsequently which providers are used to host them.

They all seem to be showing these five: FiLESERVE – UPLOADSTATION – FiLEFACTORY – WUPLOAD – FiLESONiC

whatcdfan
08-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Megaupload is the best choice, it's old and reliable service has attracted lot of uploaders. I download lot of content through the mirror sites and among all the sites they index only Megaupload seems to have hosting the old content so it's the obvious choice also there is no IP limits, I have a dynamic IP and I use it without a problem and sometime I share it with friend abroad but having said that I would also advise you to first check the places (forums etc) from where you'll be downloading all the content from and see which lockerz are most used.

anon
08-28-2011, 05:24 PM
What's the best choice available, fileserve, rapidshare, etc...? I really don't know if new releases spread to the major ddl hosts systematically. Is there one clearly superior to the others in term of content?

From my experience, you must decide between Fileserve and Filesonic. I use Warez-BB to get my stuff (which is older movies and albums, mostly; and I assume you'll only be looking for things you can't find in BT or Usenet) and I always have to deal with one of the two. The former seems to have a slight edge.

Some tips on what not to do: Hotfile is kaput. Old uploads will probably be using Rapidshare links, but despite the exasperating wait times for free users, they are no longer worth considering buying an account on either. Wupload has been gaining popularity due to its generous reward system, but save for the captchas they're more friendly with non-paying users.

Do those ddl servers log the content you download or it is like usenet servers who claim they don't log your activity?

You got me there. It may be a good idea to ask them this question using the contact forms, and assume they do until there's reason to believe otherwise.

Finally, isn't those accounts limited to one IP / segment? The fact that I could use an account from another country is intriguing.

You were pretty lucky - Fileserve was sort of relaxed about account sharing until a few months ago. Suspicious activity will not get it disabled. If you ever need to share or use a shared account, make sure everyone uses jDownloader - it uses APIs to retrieve account information, which appear to be less monitored.

They all seem to be showing these five: FiLESERVE – UPLOADSTATION – FiLEFACTORY – WUPLOAD – FiLESONiC

Filefactory seems to be used very sparingly. Uploadstation I hadn't even heard of.

Megaupload is the best choice, it's old and reliable service has attracted lot of uploaders.

Are you serious? I have no idea of why MU would suddenly attract people, unless they switched to a ground-breaking referral system. :unsure:

The restrictions are very soft, also - a small 45-second wait time before downloads, and one file at a time. No captchas, no waiting between files, full speed. Not worth paying money for a Premium account, in my opinion.

KFlint
08-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Thx all for your answers, really helpful :)

I didn't know about megaupload having unlimited speed for regular users, that's interesting.

johhny
08-28-2011, 07:13 PM
i'm member on various fileshosting and in my opinion the best are : fileserve,megaupload,netload and rapidshare.
account sharing is ok on all of them.

you might wanna read this too :http://torrentfreak.com/top-10-largest-file-sharing-sites-110828/

Stabber
08-28-2011, 07:45 PM
fileserver and filesonic are most used in warez-bb and x264-bb

swizZ8
08-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Like Anon said, there is no real reason to go for Megaupload. Fileserve seems to be the best choice. Its mostly used (could depend on site obviously) and some old stuff you can only find on fileserve.

cherio
08-30-2011, 06:12 PM
the best thing to do is to get a leechbox account. This is a site that basically resells premium memberships to many hosts at a discounted rate

Some examples: 2leech.com, RPnet.biz, Real-Debrid (http://real-debrid.com/?id=174450)

You will save a lot of money and not have to worry about which one to pick.

Funkin'
08-30-2011, 08:21 PM
^ I'm thinking of going this route myself. KFlint if you choose the leech account way soon then let us know how you like it.

And yeah the others are right, just download from Megaupload as a free user. Unless your downloading a really good amount every single day and can't wait the 45 seconds between links, then there's really not a reason to have one.

KFlint
08-30-2011, 08:26 PM
the best thing to do is to get a leechbox account. This is a site that basically resells premium memberships to many hosts at a discounted rate

Some examples: 2leech.com, RPnet.biz, real-debrid

Didn't know of that, not sure I understand the process by which you can get the files from different hosts with those services, I imagine you can't just paste links directly in jdownloader then, there is some kind of links processing done on their site (?).

At first look, it's two times cheaper on fileserve than 2leech.com for a two years account.

^ I'm thinking of going this route myself. KFlint if you choose the leech account way soon then let us know how you like it.

And yeah the others are right, just download from Megaupload as a free user. Unless your downloading a really good amount every single day and can't wait the 45 seconds between links, then there's really not a reason to have one.

Sure, if I decide to go with it I'll keep you informed.

I tried Megaupload yesterday with jDownloader and I got great speed and didn't have to bother about the wait time really. Just paste all the links at once and it does the rest for you, that's nice.

I'm still using a fileserve account from a friend so I guess I'll wait before purchasing anything as it gets the job done for now.

P.S. I still feel safer using usenet somehow, especially for newer releases. I read the privacy policy of fileserve and I'm not quite sure what they log or don't. I'll ask them someday.

Funkin'
08-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah but you would be getting access to all the accounts that, for example, 2leech.com lets you(which according to their home page there's quite a few). Not only Fileserve.

And from what I understand about the process, you copy/paste whatever links you want to the site then it'll download you and give a premium link to download. But I'm not exactly sure if that's it since I haven't yet used one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, here's from 2leech's Faq about IP sharing:

Answer: We will never sell or give out customer information to any 3rd party, and we do not keep logs of which file(s) a specific user trans-loads or downloads. For more information please view our Privacy Policy.

Just saw you can get a 48 hour unlimited trial account from them for $2.95. Then I'll give that a shot before getting a regular account.

P.S. I feel pretty much as safe downloading from DDL as I am with Usenet.

KFlint
08-30-2011, 09:09 PM
That sounds good indeed if you have access to all those sites in a convenient way, at 95$ a year, that's roughly the same price as astraweb.

Usenet let me down many times with older stuff (that was easily found on DDL sites) and I'm getting tired of those incomplete transfers.

Stabber
08-30-2011, 11:51 PM

Some examples: 2leech.com, RPnet.biz, real-debrid

what's the catch ? it's not possible to have 25 file hosts with only 9.95 each month

Funkin'
08-31-2011, 02:30 AM
I also want to know what the catch is to these type of services. They seem a little to good to be true.

johhny
08-31-2011, 04:07 AM
the services are true...i've used www.alldebrid.fr and the links are converted to premium...and you can download on maximum speed

zot
08-31-2011, 05:15 AM
what's the catch ? it's not possible to have 25 file hosts with only 9.95 each monthI also want to know what the catch is to these type of services. They seem a little to good to be true.

Here's an example of how I suspect file-hosting aggregators might work:

1. Aggregator buys a (unlimited) subscription at each of 25 different file hosts.

2. Aggregator (re)sells those (25) accounts to 100 different people.

3. Aggregator pockets the excess cash flow. :p

Keeping in mind that overall bandwidth costs will double when traffic is routed through proxy connections --- which are required in order to have multiple users clandestinely share a single filehost without being discovered --- the aggregator will need to (re)sell perhaps twice as many accounts as it buys just to break even.

If that's the scenario, then there's no doubt that the aggregator will be playing a cat-and-mouse game with the filehost: getting discovered as a high-bandwidth/suspicious user, getting it's IPs *and accounts* banned, and then starting over again with fresh new IP addresses and signing up for new accounts at the same filehosts that just banned them for cheating/abuse.

absent_today
08-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Megaupload is the best bet here I have used FileServe and Megaupload and I prefer MU great speed less downtime compared to FS

Stabber
08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
i may give a shot at 2leech , does anyone know if it works ?

Hypatia
08-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Usenet let me down many times with older stuff (that was easily found on DDL sites) and I'm getting tired of those incomplete transfers.

1) astrweb + blockews block account (fill server)= you''ll almost never see incompletes

2) could you PM me with several titles(5-10) you couldnt find. Its not to convince you in some way that you should't get ddl account but just for me- im interested in "impossible-to-find-it" stuff. thanx =)

as for your question. id recommend megaupload. But not if you are planning on uploading something via it. it tends to be slow even on premium accounts

KFlint
08-31-2011, 04:08 PM

1) astrweb + blockews block account (fill server)= you''ll almost never see incompletes

2) could you PM me with several titles(5-10) you couldnt find. Its not to convince you in some way that you should't get ddl account but just for me- im interested in "impossible-to-find-it" stuff. thanx =)

as for your question. id recommend megaupload. But not if you are planning on uploading something via it. it tends to be slow even on premium accounts

1) Yeah, I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'm not exactly sure how many gigs to purchase, I'm guessing 100 gigs of fill goes a long way.
2)I don't really think there's really a better way to find stuff than using something like supersearch, right? That's what I use when I can't find a NZB. Maybe I don't know all the tricks.

Hypatia
08-31-2011, 06:59 PM
supersearch's developer has gone AWOL again and SL has stopped indexing certain stuff + it doesnt search within archives.

Funkin'
08-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the low-down zot.

I'm especially curious on how long it takes for one of this leech hosters to download the file and spit you out the premium link though. I mean I know it depends on the file of the size, but are you waiting around a while for them to give you the premium link?

KFlint
08-31-2011, 10:29 PM
@Hypatia : Just as an example, can you find BBC - Yellowstone : battle for life, in 720p?

I found it on DDL and BT quite easily. Couldn't find it using supersearch or binsearch.info.

PastTense
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I found it at Nbzmatrix:
Yellowstone Battle For Life 2009 720p BluRay x264 PUZZLE (http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=602646&hit=1)
> Documentaries: HD (http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb.php?cat=53)
Added to Usenet: 3/19/2010 6:39:08 AM GMT, 531 d (ago)
Added to Index: 19/Mar/2010 11:00:42 AM GMT, 531 d (ago)
Size: 7.23 GB
Parts: 12570
Group: alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 (http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb.php?grp=alt.binaries.hdtv.x264)

They only want a few bucks for their 1200 day subscription.

Hypatia
09-01-2011, 07:14 PM
KFlint

http://www.mysterbin.com/advsearch?q=Yellowstone+life&match=normal&minSize=300&maxSize=max&group=&maxAge=1125&complete=2
Yellowstone.Battle.For.Life.2009.720p.BluRay.x264-PUZZLE
Yellowstone.Battle.For.Life.2009.1080p.BluRay.x264-PUZZLE

Yellowstone.Battle.For.Life.2009.PART.1.PROPER.720p.BluRay.x264-KaKa
Yellowstone.Battle.For.Life.2009.PART.2.PROPER.720p.BluRay.x264-KaKa
Yellowstone.Battle.For.Life.2009.PART.3.PROPER.720p.BluRay.x264-KaKa

i guess you should download proper versions=) from Kaka

posters often upload using only short scene name so you can search using scene names - kaka-ybflpart1 or kaka-ybfl*

like this :

http://www.mysterbin.com/advsearch?q=kaka-ybflp*&match=normal&minSize=&maxSize=max&group=&maxAge=1125&complete=2

NEVER search with all these dots, years etc like for "Yellowstone.Battle.For.Life.2009.720p.BluRay.x264-PUZZLE" ( in our case)

i mean DONT enter the whole scene (or whatever)title

always simplify ur search. to get more results to process

Like "Yellowstone Battle Life" and set a size filter
or "Yellowstone Battle Life 720p"

the same releases on binsearch

http://binsearch.info/index.php?q=Yellowstone+Battle+For+Life&m=&max=25&adv_g=&adv_age=999&adv_sort=date&minsize=1000&maxsize=&font=&postdate=

KFlint
09-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Don't know what I did but it was quite easy to find indeed, think I put BBC Yellowstone battle for life... :pinch:

Never thought of setting a min file size, that's a good idea to filter the usual crap.

cherio
09-02-2011, 12:35 AM
zot has got the idea.

@Stabber
a leechbox provider only needs a few "unlimited" accounts to run their service. So it is feasible for them to operate. Most cyberlockers have hidden download limits that are high enough that the average member will not reach. In case their premium accounts run out of traffic, they have backup accounts they can use.

@KFlint
the links you want to get are pasted into textbox at your leechbox and downloaded to their servers. After the download queue is finished they give you links to download from their server that you can put into your download manager. So you are essentially remotely downloading like a seedbox. Files are available for around 24-48 hours then automatically deleted to free space up.

The security advantage is big because the file host never logs your IP.

@Funkin
leechboxes use Gbit lines so it will be fast. Of course speed may vary throughout the day depending on how many other users are downloading and how long the queue is.

KFlint
09-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Interesting, thx!

Is there one leechbox provider you would particularly recommend? I only checked 2leech.com.

Funkin'
09-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Thanks, Cherio. That's the info I was looking for. The biggest files I really download are probably SD seasons packs. Something like 2-5GB big. But if these places are using a Gbit line that something like that shouldn't take very long at all to download.

And I'll second KFlints question. What leech provider would you recommend? Preferably one that offers a couple dollar trial period like 2leech.

denis05
09-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I use megaupload and I am very happy with it! I have no intentions to change by any other site hopedagem.

cherio
09-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Interesting, thx!

Is there one leechbox provider you would particularly recommend? I only checked 2leech.com.

2leech is one of the best. Their 48 hour trial is cheap and they have been around since 2009. I think are operated by the people behind the Megarelease blog.

Real-Debrid.fr is a popular alternative also. Some reviews are at bolt.cd

Generally avoid any service that has small bandwidth caps. This usually means they don't have enough servers to handle heavy loads.
It is nice if new file hosts are added but not essential if they already have the big ones.

Some other options:
Rapid8.com
Rapidgen.net
MyDownloader.net
LeechKing.com
LeechDaddy.com
Leechpack.com limited but has some interesting features

What leech provider would you recommend? Preferably one that offers a couple dollar trial period like 2leech.
2leech has a 2 day trial
Rapid8 has 2 day trial
LeechDaddy has a 4 day money back guarantee

Stay away from limited services like
Downloadnow.net
Filedownloader.net

Funkin'
09-07-2011, 03:37 AM
Thanks cherio. I'll give 2leech a shot if I ever get around to it.

cherio
09-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks cherio. I'll give 2leech a shot if I ever get around to it.

No problem. 2leech has most of the popular hosts except Oron. Very few leechboxes support Oron or Depositfiles because the premium traffic limits would not work well in a shared environment.

Funkin'
09-07-2011, 11:50 AM
One last question about it. I'm wondering how you would use a service like this with something like JDownloader. You have to input your premium account details into JD to get the premium privileges. But since there won't be any premium account details to enter, are you still able to download these links at full speed and without wait times in an app like JD?

anon
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
One last question about it. I'm wondering how you would use a service like this with something like JDownloader. You have to input your premium account details into JD to get the premium privileges. But since there won't be any premium account details to enter, are you still able to download these links at full speed and without wait times in an app like JD?

Based on what he said, I'd think you have to use your browser to make them fetch the links, then you can add the "mirrored" files as a regular HTTP download.

Oh, and thank you for the insight, cherio. I didn't plan on paying for services like 2leech, but I've always been somewhat curious as how they manage to work.

KFlint
09-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Here's a video showing how it works on 2leech :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2RW29zXAY4

Seems like you have to click each link of an archive.

Looking at it, the download speed seems to average 1 MB/s from the host to 2leech, hope it's faster than that as it's supposedly on a GBit line.

anon
09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
The person in the video only tried leeching small programs which don't give the connection enough time to reach full speed. They should have used 100MB RAR parts or single movie links, that'd represent a more "realistic" usage.

cherio
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM

The leechbox will give you a premium login to their site after you pay. I think you are confusing leechboxes with free premium link generators that are supported by donations and ads. Think of a leechbox as the ultimate universal premium account.

There is a plugin for Real-Debrid http://real-debrid.com/jdownloader-plugin
I'm not sure if there are any others, I switched to MiPony and haven't used jD in a while.

According to the jD forum there are plans to officially support 2leech, but it is easier to just use IDM and not worry about plugins.

You can download at full speed from the leechbox server. A premium leechbox user will not have any wait times beyond the download queue of the server.

Based on what he said, I'd think you have to use your browser to make them fetch the links, then you can add the "mirrored" files as a regular HTTP download.

Oh, and thank you for the insight, cherio. I didn't plan on paying for services like 2leech, but I've always been somewhat curious as how they manage to work.

You're welcome anon. Leechboxes use Rapidleech scripts to do their magic.

KFlint
09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
The person in the video only tried leeching small programs which don't give the connection enough time to reach full speed. They should have used 100MB RAR parts or single movie links, that'd represent a more "realistic" usage.

Good point, didn't think of that.

I just saw speed averaging 6 MB/s on another video.

The whole system isn't bad, but think I prefer the simplicity of usenet after all.

Funkin'
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
The leechbox will give you a premium login to their site after you pay. I think you are confusing leechboxes with free premium link generators that are supported by donations and ads. Think of a leechbox as the ultimate universal premium account.

Yeah I guess I was confusing it. I'll just do the trial and see exactly how this works.

Thanks again, cherio.

RE5PECT
09-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I use (and recommend) premium4.me, currently they provide access to 14 hosts and they support jdownloader. The point with them is, they have blockaccounts without expiration date, e.g. 300 GB for 10 Euro. I think it's a good choice for casual downloaders.

KFlint
09-08-2011, 02:25 AM
I use (and recommend) premium4.me, currently they provide access to 14 hosts and they support jdownloader. The point with them is, they have blockaccounts without expiration date, e.g. 300 GB for 10 Euro. I think it's a good choice for casual downloaders.

Thx, something like that would be perfect for me actually.

KingOfDCP
09-11-2011, 08:32 AM

I think file host will block their server soon

IMO, it's better to get an account of filesonic (recommend) or fileserver because almost quality content are uploaded to filesonic/fileserve. Nowadays, Uploader want to make money too, not only sharing is carrying.

Funkin'
09-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Nowadays, Uploader want to make money too, not only sharing is carrying.

Everything is uploaded to these two nowadays, but I also use MU almost on a daily basis. So I think one of these leech services would be better for me then buying a FS and MU account.

Hopefully premium4.me doesn't get messed since I really like the block account idea. This is the way I go with Usenet and I would prefer the sameway with DDL.

zootman
09-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I personally use Rapidshare. I also share the account with my uncle and a bloke in Australia (so you can have multiple users). It's very reliable and has some preeetty old stuff I've been unable to find elsewhere.

However, I would actually recommend Fileserve - that always seems to be in the "you can download it from here" lists, and from just lerking about here and from what I've heard of friends, it seems to be one of (if not) the most widely used.

anon
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I personally use Rapidshare. I also share the account with my uncle and a bloke in Australia (so you can have multiple users).

Normally, if two or more people from different countries use a Rapidshare account at the same time, they detect this, change your password, and tell you they won't tolerate it happening again. Looks like you were lucky.

zootman
09-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Normally, if two or more people from different countries use a Rapidshare account at the same time, they detect this, change your password, and tell you they won't tolerate it happening again. Looks like you were lucky. Is that right?! (I've been doing it for, literally, months) ...I must've been pretty lucky if that's the case. Btw, does that also apply to usenet accounts?..because I was thinking of going 'halves-in' with a mate..

sorry edited to add - when you say "at the same time" do you mean both users trying to actually download something at that exact moment in time, or just 2 users that use the account?

anon
09-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Is that right?! (I've been doing it for, literally, months) ...I must've been pretty lucky if that's the case.

Indeed, as far as I know.

Btw, does that also apply to usenet accounts?..because I was thinking of going 'halves-in' with a mate..

Depends on the provider. A few people have tried sharing their accounts with me, but apparently often only 1 IP is allowed to use the account precisely to deter this.

sorry edited to add - when you say "at the same time" do you mean both users trying to actually download something at that exact moment in time

Yes. If they take turns to use the account, that's different :happy:

$SnoopDo2G$
09-13-2011, 06:55 PM
MU is the best and always will be :) i just got myself a life account to see what's up and im pretty happy with it... i used to like RS in the past but when they changed it's like everyone runaway from em... as for the rest they just temp host for me...

harrydresden
09-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Megaupload / Mediafire / Rapidshare is everything you need. Just have to find the appropriate forums to get the links from. :)

hawkair
12-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Indeed there are some very nice sites offering MF/MU links like
i-max.vn,hdmovie.vn,mediafire-link.com (for hd movies)
but when you are out there searching for specific movies/versions
and not just just downloading what those these sites offer
you are bound to be disappointed.

Fileserve and Filesonic are definitely the leaders in content right now.

allstar323
12-21-2011, 09:10 PM
I'd say fileserve and filesonic are the most popular right now,can't go wrong with those 2.

hawkair
12-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi again
I know I am new here and my posts don't carry weight. Fact is I found this forum searching for multi-host sites.
Those that you can sign up for one account and and have the equivalent of many premium accounts on various sites.
I have read more posts and comments on this subject than I care to put into a number
I am mostly satisfied with my trial monthly subscription on Real-Debrid.
It gave me everything I asked for except for Fileserve.

As my subcription ends in a few days I decided to try another site (after extensively filtering out costly sites and those that didn't support Fileserve)
http://simply-debrid.com

I am using them for 5 days now and even though there were many difficulties in the beginning
now I can get links from Fileserve Filesonic,RS,MU,WU without significant problems.

Just wanted to share the info. Their site seems relatively new and under continuous development
but I've been emailing their support 1-2 times every day and I have seen issues getting corrected daily on the spot.
Considering the support of other sites I find this really impressive.
Well I am happy for me and I am happy for them and if anyone else is tired of entering captchas and waiting
and finds the idea of getting "full" speed on major hosters intriguing , please don't take my work but see for themselves

You may try 20 days for 2€ and when you decide you can have 90 days for 6€

I am sorry if the above sounds like an advertisement , I simply tried to state the facts.
Disclaimer: Everything I said is valid at the time of the post.

bobbintb
01-27-2012, 02:56 AM
now ​what does everyone think?

gamesover
01-27-2012, 03:12 AM
now ​what does everyone think?

Rapidshare and mediafire look like the two biggest filehosters left.

anon
01-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Rapidshare and mediafire look like the two biggest filehosters left.

The limits on both are relaxed enough to not really require a Premium account... though that may also change now there's less competition.

mitraark
01-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Rapidshare.

Mediafire hardly has Uploaders with the 200MB Upload limit :(

anon
01-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Mediafire hardly has Uploaders with the 200MB Upload limit :(

You can't upload single-link movies, but you can divide stuff in 200MB parts. The problem with Mediafire is that while they're excellent for free users, the rewards for uploading there aren't that great.