View Full Version : help

ahmed180
08-31-2011, 12:42 PM
hi guys
i want to know what are the trackers that ban if you change your ip
and the trackers that does not

Polarbear
08-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Planning to go to Romania or Egypt for vacation?

thebazzla
08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
try asking in here http://filesharingtalk.com/forums/158-BitTorrent-Trades
i am sure that there are plenty of people that have this experience...

Il_Professore
08-31-2011, 01:07 PM
You should specify your intentions,cos every tracker bans for an ip change if you dont contact staff and explain why the ip change.

ahmed180
08-31-2011, 01:07 PM
no i got a seedbox from a friend and i am just wondering of the trackers that ban if i change my ip

hagckz0r
08-31-2011, 01:08 PM

you're bad

thebazzla
08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
no i got a seedbox from a friend and i am just wondering of the trackers that ban if i change my ipusually its best to pm a mod on site to inform them of the ip..

DeadPoet
08-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Depends on IP range change. I've been using my sites from three different IP during the week and everything is ok.
Offcourse I made a note in my profile that I will be using site from different locations (school, home, campus etc.).

If you are speaking about country wise IP changes then you can speak with staff members and sort everything out. Explain your situation (traveling etc.) and you'll be safe.

If you are trader - you'll be banned. No matter which tracker you trade.

ahmed180
08-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Depends on IP range change. I've been using my sites from three different IP during the week and everything is ok.
Offcourse I made a note in my profile that I will be using site from different locations (school, home, campus etc.).

If you are speaking about country wise IP changes then you can speak with staff members and sort everything out. Explain your situation (traveling etc.) and you'll be safe.

If you are trader - you'll be banned. No matter what tracker you trade.
ok i will speak with the staff it s safer

DeadPoet
08-31-2011, 01:20 PM
ok i will speak with the staff it s safer

That is always the best solution. No matter what the issue is.
You shouldn't be afraid to talk with staff as they are there to help you in the first place.

Polarbear
08-31-2011, 02:11 PM
no i got a seedbox from a friend and i am just wondering of the trackers that ban if i change my ip
You should have mentioned this in your original question. No tracker is going to ban you for using a seedbox. Tracker staff who aren't retarded can see wether you use a seedbox or not. Generally there's no need to inform them unless they specifically want it in the rules/FAQ.

anon
08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Seedboxland isn't banned anywhere.

VinX
09-04-2011, 08:35 AM
just put a note in my.php (incase of tbdev site) or user.php (incase of gazelle site) page

works wonder for me because when i am away from my computer i am on my cell phone browsing.. therefore i connect via 3 different ISP's.. a note in profile page works awesome :)

Burnsy
09-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Tracker staff who aren't retarded can see wether you use a seedbox or not. Generally there's no need to inform them unless they specifically want it in the rules/FAQ.

Seedboxland isn't banned anywhere.

You'd think, wouldn't you?

Wouldn't be the first time I'd been disabled for a suspicious upload speed and had to go into whichever sites irc help channel to explain I was using a seedbox and hadn't moved to France/Holland... FunFile, DigitalHive, TL and PT all did this at one time or another to me, and I'd have thought their staffers would have known the difference... 'spose it goes back to Polarbear's comment on whether you get a decent staffer or one with no common sense...

anon
09-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I was being mostly sarcastic - what you mention does happen sometimes. I recall Aristocles being flamed for "cheating" on a tracker IRC when he was actually using a seedbox.

TL's FAQ (or was it the rules?) does state you need to tell staff you're using a box, though.

Burnsy
09-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I was being mostly sarcastic - what you mention does happen sometimes. I recall Aristocles being flamed for "cheating" on a tracker IRC when he was actually using a seedbox.

TL's FAQ (or was it the rules?) does state you need to tell staff you're using a box, though.

Yeah I realised you were being sarcastic, I wasn't too bad at Geography at school... :lol:

And you're right, it is in TL's rules or FAQ's now, but I'm talking about quite a while ago, and tbh I probably didn't read the rules properly anyway (whoops)... anyway, my point being, any decent staffer should be able to recognise the IP of Seedbox activity on their tracker :)