PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy your iPad in a McDonald's car park;; motivational report for mjmacky :).

iLOVENZB
08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/31/mcdonalds_woman_wooden_ipad/

They're dumber than I thought :unsure:

teflon05
08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
It's sad (& kind of scary) to think there are people that naive walking around. She must have no concept of money or value at all. Not even a thief would let one go for that price. And on top of it all, selling out of the trunk in a McD's parking lot. I need to find that woman. Maybe I could sell her a few "iphones" cheap:yup:

anon
08-31-2011, 04:16 PM

And I've seen a TV decodifier (to watch Premium channels without paying) with nothing but a spring inside. :blink:

iLOVENZB
08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Btw, I was referring to Apple fanbois as "dumb" not females :)>

Artemis
08-31-2011, 08:34 PM
The funny thing is Anon, the first of the pics would actually work it just wouldn't have the capacity of an external hard drive, just the amount memory on the NAND chip, the D-Link wireless adaptor is hilarious though.....

anon
08-31-2011, 08:52 PM
The funny thing is Anon, the first of the pics would actually work it just wouldn't have the capacity of an external hard drive, just the amount memory on the NAND chip

That's true, but this particular one was a 128MB card hacked so that it'd display a capacity in the dozens of gigabytes. When it reached its real capacity, it overwrote old data. It got its own article on TorrentFreak...

This was also a problem with iPod knock-offs - many 4GB models actually had two gigs, causing songs to skip or disappear for "no reason". A low-level format and repartitioning made them show the real size.