PDA

View Full Version : Why SCC ?

krishnenduDX
09-03-2011, 09:32 AM
I have IPT, SCC & TL..

Its hard to seed in TL and I see anything released in SCC is there in IPT..

but why all mad for SCC????!!!

Please share your thoughts mates...:naughty:

johhny
09-03-2011, 09:34 AM
I have IPT, SCC & TL..
but why all mad for SCC????!!! LOL

thebazzla
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
why are they all mad for SCC????!!! maybe because of all the seedbox users there?
oh and all the special packs and free stuff. BTW not a member of SCC but i am taking a wild guess.also how is it hard to seed on TL.
i had over 500gb buffer without a seedbox so its not that hard to seed.in the end i let TL die a natural death as it was just gathering dust..IPT is my preferred site these days

Stabber
09-03-2011, 10:19 AM
because the pretimes are better , and there are a lot of seedboxes there . Other than that , the content of ipt and torrentleech is better

spark
09-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Best pretimes but that's no big deal, amazing speed on (new) torrents but thats available at TL as well.. in other words TL is enough for you
I grab my stuff from SCC when I m in a bad mood and I want to browse a tracker with nice cool relaxing design.

Fiji
09-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Contains many members supported seedbox . but TL and IPT very easy to make Buffer

usuck
09-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Cause its "leet" to be on the fastest Torrentsite ( Pretime ). And all the m0f0s who Upload to Oneclickhosters are using SCC.
IPT or TL are only some Seconds or Minutes slower, but they have much more Torrents, bigger Retention and you dont need to pay Money for a Seedbox to maintain a good Ratio. Biggest Fail on SCC is its only Scene Stuff, no P2P, every 0day Tracker has the same Shit.... And most Cinestuff comes from P2P-Groups, best HD Encodes comes from P2P-Groups (Scenereleases are Bullshit) and much more...

DeadPoet
09-03-2011, 12:03 PM
but why all mad for SCC????!!!

Please share your thoughts mates...:naughty:

I wouldn't say everyone is mad about SCC but it do become more popular after SCT went down, that's for sure.
Sure, IPT and TL might be better on paper but trackers, just like many other things in life , is purely matter of taste.

teflon05
09-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Cause its "leet" to be on the fastest Torrentsite ( Pretime ). And all the m0f0s who Upload to Oneclickhosters are using SCC.
IPT or TL are only some Seconds or Minutes slower, but they have much more Torrents, bigger Retention and you dont need to pay Money for a Seedbox to maintain a good Ratio. Biggest Fail on SCC is its only Scene Stuff, no P2P, every 0day Tracker has the same Shit.... And most Cinestuff comes from P2P-Groups, best HD Encodes comes from P2P-Groups (Scenereleases are Bullshit) and much more...

I have to agree with that. I was a member of SCC for several years, but recently let my account die. The only advantage they had over other similar sites was pretimes, & since I'm pretty patient, & overall just don't give a shit about that sort of thing anymore, I had no use for it. I also thought the site design left a lot to be desired, but that's just my opinion.

I also agree about the encodes. Scene stuff just isn't that great most of the time, & I only get it if nothing else is available.

atrwz
09-03-2011, 12:27 PM
its called pretimes.....

Quarterquack
09-03-2011, 01:46 PM
It's not just the pretimes.

SCC is like having your own private dump. Incredible retention, and you know the files are as close to scene standard as you can get. It may not be of any use to you having them as such, but then why did you join a "scene" tracker in the first place?

The pretimes aren't important, unless you know the care and history behind such inane numbers. Not only does it mean that people are putting aside their safety/security to prove their superiority (an admirable effort), but it's a direct replication of what most sceners pride themselves on (wins, status, access).

The pack request is by far the best feature. Uploaders will venture out to get you a file, and all others associated with it, as long as you request them well. This may not be useful to you, again, simply because all the collections of files you ever care about are crappy TV shows, but I know I personally know of files that are never released to the public (group personal dumps that can spread their files and have perks, such as rare patches/cracks for learning or collections' sake, old files that will never be released again etc.) and if I need to get my hands on them, it's generally only a question away. Nothing like the trouble I'd go through to find it on the original dump.

I don't think anyone who never invested themselves in the entire groups ordeal could understand it, but for those of us that can appreciate it for what it is, I'm sure we do our very fair share of hyping the place up.

R3SPE
09-03-2011, 02:30 PM
because the pretimes are better , and there are a lot of seedboxes there . Other than that , the content of ipt and torrentleech is better

+1

tippertime
09-03-2011, 02:52 PM
SCC's forums are actually pretty good now too, ever scene ScT went down most of the active members migrated over there....

IdolEyes787
09-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Yadda yadda yadda ....people who have a need to think they are cool tend to travel in packs or else the requisite ego boosting positive re-enforcement isn't as great....yadda yadda yadda.

JebusAT
09-03-2011, 04:36 PM
I use it for the Archives...freeleech on some great content.

shosh
09-03-2011, 04:37 PM
dunno why people dont mention the stupid ads on tl

usuck
09-03-2011, 04:58 PM
It's not just the pretimes.

SCC is like having your own private dump. Incredible retention, and you know the files are as close to scene standard as you can get.

I see so many People on Scc who only buyed a Seedbox for 100 Euros a Month or more, just for SEEDING, its so fuckin Stupid when you can get the same Files on TL or IPT and seed it with your Homeline. When your Homelime has an Trafficcap just buy a box for 10 Euros.
For 25-60 Euro you can get Axx to 150TB+ Sites. And before i spend 100 Euro for Seeding and search for other buddies invest one Time 1000 Euro for Hardware and then only 200-300 Euro for some nice Line and get my own "Topsite"... and not a Tracker wannabe Topsite.

And SCC is only Scenecrap you can get it Minutes after pre everywhere ... torrents, usenet, filehosters.
SCC Forums is full of Fags with Gbit Seedboxes who think when they are on Scc and post and talk about some Scenenotices they are also on the Scene in a special Way.

bumrocks
09-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Juggernaut1971
09-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Im confused to why you struggle to seed back on TL! Got to be one of the easiest sites ever to build up a good ratio. I actually use TL more than scc for the reason i just mentioned. The content is pretty much the same as any where else so why struggle to seed back on scc when there's other options.

krishnenduDX
09-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Im confused to why you struggle to seed back on TL! Got to be one of the easiest sites ever to build up a good ratio. I actually use TL more than scc for the reason i just mentioned. The content is pretty much the same as any where else so why struggle to seed back on scc when there's other options.

The day i started using IPT Its comes hard for for me to maintain ratio.... IPT have lots free leechs.. u can upload torrents while downloading...
and also new user struggle because of the time bann.. or whatever the name!!

Funkin'
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Probably because everyone that uses the site has an AdBlocker enabled, and doesn't even realize anymore that TL has them?

PooBar
09-03-2011, 11:43 PM
SCC =Awesome, 40MB/s Down..40MB/s Up

IdolEyes787
09-04-2011, 12:46 AM
SCC =Awesome, 40MB/s Down..40MB/s Up

So if shit travelled at the speed of light then I suppose it would be AWESOME then as well?

InTheBasement
09-04-2011, 01:09 AM
My god, imagine the ass splash you'd get shitting at the speed of light!?

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/51fc72cbab.jpg

teflon05
09-04-2011, 01:19 AM
ass splash? I think friction & recoil might be bigger problems...

anon
09-04-2011, 03:45 AM

Do they still have those "Facebook of sex" banners? :blink:

and also new user struggle because of the time bann.. or whatever the name!!

I think you're referring to waiting times. But I don't understand the first part of your post... if there's freeleech and stuff then why did it "come hard" for you to keep a good ratio there?

bumrocks
09-04-2011, 05:10 AM
I think you're referring to waiting times. But I don't understand the first part of your post... if there's freeleech and stuff then why did it "come hard" for you to keep a good ratio there?

Glad I wasn't the only one confused on what the crap he said. It is becoming clear that this whole BT thing is fairly new to him. It is unfortunate that his inviter(s) did school him a bit before sending him headlong into this.

My recommendation to the OP is to find a BT forum in his native language and start reading and asking questions. You need some guidance and you will have trouble getting it here with your Engrish skills...Good luck!

garlic
09-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Scene trackers with good pretimes are useful for uploaders . I'll lose my uploader rights if I count on IPT or such .
For regular users IPT and TL are more than enough .

Quarterquack
09-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Yadda yadda yadda ....people who have a need to think they are cool tend to travel in packs or else the requisite ego boosting positive re-enforcement isn't as great....yadda yadda yadda.

It gets difficult with you, sometimes, Idol. Is there ever a site you compliment through and through? To each his own, really, but it seems like you have a stigma against anyone who has different preferences/a different background to yours'. :(

I see so many People on Scc who only buyed a Seedbox for 100 Euros a Month or more, just for SEEDING, its so fuckin Stupid when you can get the same Files on TL or IPT and seed it with your Homeline. When your Homelime has an Trafficcap just buy a box for 10 Euros.
For 25-60 Euro you can get Axx to 150TB+ Sites. And before i spend 100 Euro for Seeding and search for other buddies invest one Time 1000 Euro for Hardware and then only 200-300 Euro for some nice Line and get my own "Topsite"... and not a Tracker wannabe Topsite.

And SCC is only Scenecrap you can get it Minutes after pre everywhere ... torrents, usenet, filehosters.
SCC Forums is full of Fags with Gbit Seedboxes who think when they are on Scc and post and talk about some Scenenotices they are also on the Scene in a special Way.

I think you have a completely misconstrued picture of SCC.

First, sure, some people spend their life earning's on seedboxes, but as any average computer user will tell you, a server has more uses than just seeding torrents. I personally have only used a seedbox for one day on SCC, and I know others who have only used it for a week, and have gotten enough of a buffer to last a lifetime. Not everyone who invests themselves into seedboxes is a pointless tween trying to prove a ratio point. Some do, but quite a few more "educated" people use them to their full extent, or have them regardless of their SCC membership.

If you really are judging the different forms of (ftp vs. p2p) File Sharing according to monetary differences, then I think it is you sir, who are part of the problem. Stop looking at this as if it's a monetary transaction to get your files. You'd be a bloody idiot to think that SCC is inferior because you believe you can "pay" less elsewhere.

As for your forum comment, I think that with that, you rounded off your post rather well to showcast whatever mental prowess you had left hidden. A lot of people that visit the SCC forums are sometimes actually the same people in the notices themselves. I can tell you right now that I know a few CORE group members on SCC. Ask yourself why Scene members would risk their presence in the ftp world (and their security at large) just to be on another "useless" site, in your opinion. There must be something that draws them there.

Scene trackers with good pretimes are useful for uploaders . I'll lose my uploader rights if I count on IPT or such .

You're a fucking idiot.

JebusAT
09-04-2011, 07:14 AM
I had intercourse whilst you browsed these them posts....

garlic
09-04-2011, 08:23 AM

You're a fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm telling myself every time your mom takes my money . I just can't stop doing her .

Quarterquack
09-04-2011, 12:08 PM
That's what I'm telling myself every time your mom takes my money . I just can't stop doing her .

Somehow I'm not surprised that your retort lacks any form of wit. Oh well. Idiots will be idiots. :idunno:

Maybe you and I won't see eye to eye on this, because while I used to be an actual content provider, I see you as a "normal user" who just wants bragging rights (as was the case fewer than 5 posts ago) through spreading my material - and to have the audacity to think you somehow could put a site to better use than other people against the site's own rules.

I had intercourse whilst you browsed these them posts....

Must not have been very good if it only lasted 2 minutes.

IdolEyes787
09-04-2011, 12:33 PM
It gets difficult with you, sometimes, Idol. Is there ever a site you compliment through and through? To each his own, really, but it seems like you have a stigma against anyone who has different preferences/a different background to yours'. :(

Sometimes the truth hurts and in your situation it's a case of not being able to see the forest because you're a tree.
Take consolation in the fact that at least you're a Oak.

Btw I never knock sites .It's the merry band of idiots that inhabit some that I have issues with.

Also I thought as an Oak you would be smart enough not to take everything said at face value or conclude that the way I might feel about people on internet sites parallels my thinking in real life .:mellow:

Quarterquack
09-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Also I thought as an Oak you would be smart enough not to take everything said at face value or conclude that the way I might feel about people on internet sites parallels my thinking in real life .:mellow:

Pity. I easily expected you to say something like "I don't really like the gym you go to because the conversations there are limited to rate-my-ass, whereas I like the fuller experience of topics like rate-me-in-my-shirt, and do-i-look-like-vin-diesel-yet," in real life.

:(

Also, as a tree it gives me great pleasure to suck on your mother Earth all the time. Take that!

Topic related: Greg Plitt literally forced me to turn my life around just because of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmUrIuMCvTQ

IdolEyes787
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I have no idea who Greg Plitt is and as much as I like exercising/being in relatively good shape I cringe when I browse bodybuilding forums and there are endless posts of supposedly straight males congratulating each other on their pecs.

http://gettingpumped.ytmnd.com/

Quarterquack
09-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Greg Plitt is the model that was used to cast the role of Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen the movie. I'm pretty sure you've already seen his penis, during the movie which made countless people indirectly fall in love with him without so much as knowing his name. That movie was really a veiled attempt at replicating the gettingpumped joke you just posted.

mjmacky
09-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I browse bodybuilding forums and there are endless posts of supposedly straight males congratulating each other on their pecs

Eww you creepin'

2nd post, why you be creepin'?

IdolEyes787
09-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Greg Plitt is the model that was used to cast the role of Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen the movie. I'm pretty sure you've already seen his penis, during the movie which made countless people indirectly fall in love with him without so much as knowing his name. That movie was really a veiled attempt at replicating the gettingpumped joke you just posted.

I probably should have mentioned that I couldn't be bothered to watch your video.:mellow:

theman5
09-05-2011, 04:52 AM
If you don't care about pretimes, don't bother with SCC. If you don't care about scene releases, don't bother as well. SCC will always have a use for the rest of us who do want it.

new_pr0n
09-08-2011, 01:25 AM
all the 0-day sites rock

Frankthetank1
09-08-2011, 04:00 AM
i like ipt over scc too. harder to seed on scc and they dont have bonus and the free-leech is a waste no one wants 0day or mp3

Progress
09-08-2011, 04:10 AM
i like ipt over scc too. harder to seed on scc and they dont have bonus and the free-leach is a waste no one wants 0day or mp3

The Archive also is freeleech and is pretty much the only thing I use of SCC, hard to seed? just downloading a few parts of any new pack and you can easy survive on SCC.

Frankthetank1
09-08-2011, 04:48 AM
you shouldnt have to download stuff you dont want to survive on a torrent site.

i like ipt over scc too. harder to seed on scc and they dont have bonus and the free-leach is a waste no one wants 0day or mp3

The Archive also is freeleech and is pretty much the only thing I use of SCC, hard to seed? just downloading a few parts of any new pack and you can easy survive on SCC.

pastoral
09-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Among the three trackers mentioned above, I think IPT is the best. When IPT just started, I did not expect that it would become popular. TL is very hard to seed back, especially for low speed connection users.

teflon05
09-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I don't get how anyone has trouble seeding on TL. I have a crappy DSL connection & I've never had any problem at all keeping a great ratio there.

Funkin'
09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't see how they are either. I have a 60kb/s up and I've done just fine over there. They people that are having trouble must have a ridiculously low up stream. If that's the case then they need to switch over to Usenet or DDL.

DeadPoet
09-08-2011, 03:00 PM
If that's the case then they need to switch over to Usenet or DDL.

Or RuTracker. :idunno:

t3rr1ble
09-08-2011, 03:25 PM
i like ipt over scc too. harder to seed on scc and they dont have bonus and the free-leech is a waste no one wants 0day or mp3

It is not hard to keep a ratio.
If i wanted bling bling and double bonus and triple bonus and a store to buy titles and cotton candy and be able to hand out my seed credits to the n00b who whines in the forum, I would join a site like carnivaltorrents.org etc...
:)

teflon05
09-08-2011, 03:48 PM

If i wanted bling bling and double bonus and triple bonus and a store to buy titles and cotton candy and be able to hand out my seed credits to the n00b who whines in the forum, I would join a site like carnivaltorrents.org etc...

In other words, you've got that "hooray for me & fuck everyone else" attitude I've seen scattered throughout the BT world so much. What's wrong with helping out a person who is new to a torrent site? Or seed bonuses for people that at least try to seed, even if they have a poor connection? The whole point of BT is supposed to be sharing, & that attitude is a big part of what's wrong with it today.

kukushka
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
If that's the case then they need to switch over to Usenet or DDL.

Or RuTracker. :idunno:
rutracker kinda differ from tl/scc/ipt specialization... so from trackers, i'd say - pretome or/and demonoid

t3rr1ble
09-08-2011, 07:49 PM

In other words, you've got that "hooray for me & fuck everyone else" attitude I've seen scattered throughout the BT world so much. What's wrong with helping out a person who is new to a torrent site? Or seed bonuses for people that at least try to seed, even if they have a poor connection? The whole point of BT is supposed to be sharing, & that attitude is a big part of what's wrong with it today.

Lets see I have a whopping 6mbps down and an amazing 512kbps upload,so yeah Hoooooray for me.
I manage to keep a ratio just fine on scc and every other tracker that I belong to even ipt.....
As for helping out others,common sense goes a long way in bittorrent communities which is actually what is wrong....
I stick by what i said,carnivaltorrents is made for people with no common sense!

teflon05
09-08-2011, 09:20 PM

Lets see I have a whopping 6mbps down and an amazing 512kbps upload,so yeah Hoooooray for me.
I manage to keep a ratio just fine on scc and every other tracker that I belong to even ipt.....
As for helping out others,common sense goes a long way in bittorrent communities which is actually what is wrong....
I stick by what i said,carnivaltorrents is made for people with no common sense!

You have better speeds than a lot of other people that I've seen, including myself. Although I never had problems with ratio on SCC when I was on there, I know of others that did...So you are saying they had no common sense? That's BS. Shit happens sometimes, & I see no reason to not help someone, unless they are an utter douche.

'I also see that you whipped out the old "community" word....So, if you think torrent sites are communities, what is your definition of a community? Because to me, one of the most important aspects of being in a so called community, is helping out anyone who needs it. But yeah, i see your point...Easier to just tell'em they have no common sense & to fuck off.

Everyone has their own opinions on what makes a tracker good or not. Features, speeds, ratio systems, whatever...But above all else, what makes a tracker a place that I want to stick around on, is the smallest douche to regular user ratio possible. So if carnivaltorrents has that, count me in. :yahoo:

t3rr1ble
09-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Better internet than most you seen...holy shit if mine was any slower it could be classed as dial up.

Shit happens sometimes?? Of course it does,what does that have to do with keeping a ratio??
Please elaborate
Are you saying you are going to get in a huge ratio hole and all of a sudden your internetz goes down and you cannot seed back for the next 2 months.
Again common sense,shit happens just like you say so think ahead.
Keeping a ratio is not a hard thing to comprehend....well then again some people just do not get it.

Have fun at the carnival...I hope you save enough credz to get a goldfish.

teflon05
09-09-2011, 03:29 AM
What I'm saying, is that sometimes a person new to a tracker might be a little overzealous & get in a hole. And I see nothing wrong with helping someone out who's had it happen. Then again, like I said, I try not to be a douche myself....

Oh, & the speeds you say you have are way higher than dial-up, you've obviously never had to actually use dial-up before.
As far as "The carnival" goes, I try not to mention what sites I'm on or have been on, because I'm not a tracker whore or "leet" attention seeker. But I will say I'm a member of pretty much every one all the level hunters & dreamers always talk about. And I'll say it again...The best ones are the ones with the least amount of douches. But I don't think you would fit in too well on those ones.

I don't give a damn if they give seeding bonuses or credits, or whatever. If it helps out people that need it, then I'm all for it. If you find it so offensive for someone to be able to use seed bonuses or to be helped out by another member, that's you problem. It just shows what kind of person you are. good luck with that.

Frankthetank1
09-09-2011, 04:19 AM
The only douchbag I see is the one that has the avatar that doesn't give a shit about anything, but loves to give his jackass opinion on everything.

What I'm saying, is that sometimes a person new to a tracker might be a little overzealous & get in a hole. And I see nothing wrong with helping someone out who's had it happen. Then again, like I said, I try not to be a douche myself....

Oh, & the speeds you say you have are way higher than dial-up, you've obviously never had to actually use dial-up before.
As far as "The carnival" goes, I try not to mention what sites I'm on or have been on, because I'm not a tracker whore or "leet" attention seeker. But I will say I'm a member of pretty much every one all the level hunters & dreamers always talk about. And I'll say it again...The best ones are the ones with the least amount of douches. But I don't think you would fit in too well on those ones.

I don't give a damn if they give seeding bonuses or credits, or whatever. If it helps out people that need it, then I'm all for it. If you find it so offensive for someone to be able to use seed bonuses or to be helped out by another member, that's you problem. It just shows what kind of person you are. good luck with that.

teflon05
09-09-2011, 10:59 AM
My My, such hostility heh heh..The av's a joke. it's actually from a T-shirt site & I found it amusing....Much like I find an av of a woman's ass with an advertisement of how someone isn't a trader or a collector amusing. You trying to convince others of that, or yourself? ;) Oh well, on to greener pastures...

anon
09-09-2011, 01:33 PM
My My, such hostility heh heh..The av's a joke. it's actually from a T-shirt site & I found it amusing....Much like I find an av of a woman's ass with an advertisement of how someone isn't a trader or a collector amusing. You trying to convince others of that, or yourself? ;) Oh well, on to greener pastures...

Off topic: have you watched this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scene_(miniseries))? There's a character nicknamed "teflon" there, and every time I see your name, I'm reminded of him :P

teflon05
09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
No, haven't seen it yet. I just found it though, & I'll watch it in a bit :D

anon
09-09-2011, 01:43 PM
I liked it a lot - the episodes aren't overly long, and they always keep you waiting to see what will happen next!

teflon05
09-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Just finished the 1st ep. Pretty damn good. I didn't need to see when it was made to date it though..30 min. to rip a dvd? lol...I'm starting on the 2nd ep now. You got me started & now I'll probably end up watching them all, dammit:P

Scene
09-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Why?

1. Good pre's.
2. Big pack/music section.
3. Many peers on torrents.
4. Nice stylesheet.

IdolEyes787
09-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Why?

1. Good pre's.
4. Nice stylesheet.

OK then so why?:mellow:

InTheBasement
09-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Why?

1. Good pre's.
4. Nice stylesheet.

OK then so why?:mellow:

For that SCC Anthem. I need it in FLAC!

IdolEyes787
09-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Call me crazy but there was a sale and so I bought some ridiculously over-priced highend headphones and to my sorry ears adjusting them differently on my head makes approximately 2086% greater difference than listening to something in FLAC as opposed to VO.

geforce213
09-11-2011, 04:39 PM
SCC is very fast for Scene releases. Pre time is also very good.

Undressed
09-14-2011, 12:04 AM
SCC is a great scene tracker. It requires some work though. IPT is imo is better for many reasons. Mainly #of torrents and ease of use. Speeds are great at both sites.