PDA

View Full Version : Experimenationary in Ramen: A Food Thread

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 02:39 AM
You know how the saying goes, chemists make great cooks/chefs, well it's true. I woke up this "labor day" and decided I was going to prepare Ramen from scratch just for the hell of it. Though technically, I made Udon noodles since I like them more. Anyways, Ramen chefs train for a long time to make great Ramen, I managed to do it in a couple of hours. It shouldn't come as a surprise, I'm pretty amazing after all.

Seriously, it was fucking delicious, even way better than the one I had @ Katana-Ya in San Fran

Here are some pictures, I was tracking the whole thing cause I thought I might put them on facebook, but fuck all those people. Also, since you're all idiots here too, I'll just finish this with nearly a dozen pictures.

84913 84914
84915 84916
84917 84918
84919 84920
84921 84922

P.S. The point of this thread was to make you feel shitty that you're not as cool as me, obviously

megabyteme
09-06-2011, 02:47 AM
http://www.atlfoodsnob.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ramen-noodles2.jpg

Same thing, I just skip like 10 steps. :shifty:

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Negative points for not photographing your own Ramen noodles!

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 02:53 AM
I misspelled the thread title while attempting to misspell the thread title, doh!

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Stick to your petty noodles, cretin. I'll stick to hand making this:

http://i.imgur.com/QGRCx.jpg

If a chemist is a good cook, then a biochemist must be a master chef. Much love. xoxoxo.

megabyteme
09-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Negative points for not photographing your own Ramen noodles!

Fine, a current pic of the pantry, then...

BTW, I do love to cook. Serious back problems prevent me from doing much of it now, but will be getting an MRI (hopefully in the next month) and will see what the future holds.

@Rings: Think of your poor, poor colon. :yikes:

Artemis
09-06-2011, 06:21 AM

If a chemist is a good cook, then a biochemist must be a master chef. Much love. xoxoxo.

WTF do you call that, A heart stopper ? Seriously your cholesterol level must be atrocious if this a regular diet item.

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 09:05 AM
@Rings: Think of your poor, poor colon. :yikes:

WTF do you call that, A heart stopper ? Seriously your cholesterol level must be atrocious if this a regular diet item.

Haha, relax. A bunch of my friends and I were starting summer and we really wanted a challenge. So we were sitting one day in a pub, and overheard a bunch of guys talking about how they know Epic Meal Time accepts challenges. So we started conceptualizing the burger. In total it was 11.5 inches tall, and 10 inches wide. There was lamb, chicken, beef, goat, pig and I'm pretty sure what was one of our fingers in there. We were going to submit a video to Epic Meal Time, asking them to top our burger, but then once we realized that it costs a fair bit we stepped back after making our first burger.

For the record, I only ate two slices as big as the one on the side plate. My other mates (3 of them) finished the rest ... and as a reminder, the picture only shows half the burger.

Statistics: 6 pounds of bacon, 14 pounds of beef, 3 pounds of cheese, 20 pounds of other assorted meats (cooked into the cheese, burger and layered on the meat). 12 hours to cook.

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 09:31 AM

Holy fuck!
I was going to put up a pic of my halloumi stack but there's not enough halloumi in the world to compete with that bad boy.

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Hurray more food!

@MBM I thought I had you there, but you really do have tons of Ramen. Ever bought the Asian brands, like the kind you find at an Asian grocer? They're much better than the American brands I feel. Like the ones in the bucket, mmm.

@Darth How the fuck do you eat it though? Does your jaw dislocate?

A
09-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I suck at cooking and am jealous of anyone who can make anything at all.

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Now for my next trick, I'm going to dust a deep round dish with Corn Chex and marinade it in whole milk; serves 1 and is eaten with a spoon.

A
09-06-2011, 01:24 PM
You being chemist an all; can see we some hands on Breaking Bad in action :shifty:

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Not sure if you're being your usual sarcastic self, but cooking is actually very intuitive. If you think something makes sense, it probably does. And if you know you like something, that's better than not adding it/doing it at all. It's why the food I make, while not being as exquisite or culinary school inspired will always taste better to me. Same applies for anyone, just look at the opening post.

A few years ago I was living alone, and my friends were over for my house warming party. It was the first time in my life I actually had to rely on cookbooks (which were absolutely worthless with hindsight), and my own limited supply of utensils and cooking material. My friends asked me to prepare something foreign as they'd heard I'd be around (no you filthy bastard, not that kind of around). So, I decided to make them Eggplant Moussaka without so much as a recipe. With the exception of frying to the eggplants a tad too much, and using about 0.5 more measures of water than needed, I actually got it pretty much right by simply "winging it".

Point of the story: Get behind a stove with some oil, onions, salt, pepper and whatever else you have in your fridge, and I'm sure you'll love whatever you churn out.

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 01:29 PM
You being chemist an all; can see we some hands on Breaking Bad in action :shifty:

I'm afraid Macky can only function as the getaway driver, and the product purity assessment bureau (since he runs a mass spec). :idunno:

A
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Point of the story: Get behind a stove with some oil, onions, salt, pepper and whatever else you have in your fridge, and I'm sure you'll love whatever you churn out.
For some reason even the pigs doesn't eat what I make.

IdolEyes787
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
You know how the saying goes, chemists make great cooks/chefs, well it's true. I woke up this "labor day" and decided I was going to prepare Ramen from scratch just for the hell of it. Though technically, I made Udon noodles since I like them more. Anyways, Ramen chefs train for a long time to make great Ramen, I managed to do it in a couple of hours. It shouldn't come as a surprise, I'm pretty amazing after all.

Seriously, it was fucking delicious, even way better than the one I had @ Katana-Ya in San Fran

Here are some pictures, I was tracking the whole thing cause I thought I might put them on facebook, but fuck all those people. Also, since you're all idiots here too, I'll just finish this with nearly a dozen pictures.

84913 84914
84915 84916
84917 84918
84919 84920
84921 84922

P.S. The point of this thread was to make you feel shitty that you're not as cool as me, obviously

:idunno:

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 02:25 PM

It means I won the taste test. Also, I can bench press you. I only ask that you keep your posture rigid so that I don't have to fondle your junk.

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 02:37 PM

I'm afraid Macky can only function as the getaway driver, and the product purity assessment bureau (since he runs a mass spec). :idunno:

In reality, I'm actually not a fan of organic chemistry or elaborate cooking. However, when I have done it (synthesis was part of my job in the past), I typically got high yields and purities. The meticulous yet tedious amount of detail I focus on makes both synthetic chemistry and cooking a chore for me, which is why I don't go all out with cooking often. I tend to make things once, love the result, and try something different at the next inspiration. They're all like conquests for me.

On a side note, I did look into how to synthesize cocaine both from non natural materials (expensive) and from coca leaf extract (cheap, economical). Was sounding like way too much work. I don't know any meth heads though, I've only been asked to make coke and vicodin. I didn't know how else to use my professional trade to barter with people I know.

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM
In reality, I'm actually not a fan of organic chemistry or elaborate cooking. However, when I have done it (synthesis was part of my job in the past), I typically got high yields and purities. The meticulous yet tedious amount of detail I focus on makes both synthetic chemistry and cooking a chore for me, which is why I don't go all out with cooking often. I tend to make things once, love the result, and try something different at the next inspiration. They're all like conquests for me.

On a side note, I did look into how to synthesize cocaine both from non natural materials (expensive) and from coca leaf extract (cheap, economical). Was sounding like way too much work. I don't know any meth heads though, I've only been asked to make coke and vicodin. I didn't know how else to use my professional trade to barter with people I know.

Clearly I'm the winner. A couple of years ago a(n) friend acquaintance of mine approached me asking if I knew of a way to synthesize crystal. 6 days of arduous research, $75, a laboratory assignment sheet, a few dozen pages' worth of catalyst prices, and copious amounts of coffee later, I returned with what was (at the time) the best meth he'd ever had. I didn't take any extra care as you do, in fact, I'm usually one of the most chaotic organic chemists you will meet. I have, off-record, set 3 labs on fire (not joking), but proceeded to (every single time), put the fire out, finish the experiment, and get enough yield to be within 0.5% of the expected.

I never dabble with the stuff unless I'm absolutely forced to, as opposed to having some random interest in it, I assure you, I have none at all. I bloody loathe organic chemistry. Nearly as much as I do physical chemistry. Half my research involves some monkey sitting in the room with me postulating whether or not we need $500 or $3000 worth of materials in order to tickle an active site.

IdolEyes787
09-06-2011, 04:15 PM

It means I won the taste test. Also, I can bench press you. I only ask that you keep your posture rigid so that I don't have to fondle your junk.

No problem ,when I not posting here I spend the rest of my life planking so I can have strangers look at pictures of me making a fool of myself on the internet.

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Not sure if you're being your usual sarcastic self, but cooking is actually very intuitive. If you think something makes sense, it probably does. And if you know you like something, that's better than not adding it/doing it at all. It's why the food I make, while not being as exquisite or culinary school inspired will always taste better to me. Same applies for anyone, just look at the opening post.

A few years ago I was living alone, and my friends were over for my house warming party. It was the first time in my life I actually had to rely on cookbooks (which were absolutely worthless with hindsight), and my own limited supply of utensils and cooking material. My friends asked me to prepare something foreign as they'd heard I'd be around (no you filthy bastard, not that kind of around). So, I decided to make them Eggplant Moussaka without so much as a recipe. With the exception of frying to the eggplants a tad too much, and using about 0.5 more measures of water than needed, I actually got it pretty much right by simply "winging it".

Bullshit. Until you've mastered certain processes all you are ever going to be able to make is something in tomato sauce or gravy. In order to master those processes you need to be taught them, which is where recipes come in. Cooking is intuitive in terms of taste, but not technique. You might as well say medical research is intuitive: 'oh just bung that gene in there, it looks about right so it'll probably do the same thing'. And if you did say that (I wouldn't put it past you) I would shank you, I really would.

:glag:

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
PS. Next time you entertain guests, you could think about not feeding them watery overcooked moussaka by simply following this recipe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/veggiemoussaka_90770

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Bullshit. Until you've mastered certain processes all you are ever going to be able to make is something in tomato sauce or gravy. In order to master those processes you need to be taught them, which is where recipes come in. Cooking is intuitive in terms of taste, but not technique. You might as well say medical research is intuitive: 'oh just bung that gene in there, it looks about right so it'll probably do the same thing'. And if you did say that (I wouldn't put it past you) I would shank you, I really would.

I'd love to know what techniques you're talking about. This isn't me being condescending, or sarcastic. Sure, I can't flip an omelette in one piece, but I can measure a steak's residual blood just fine. Apart from those two "techniques"/"tricks", I really can't think of something advanced to the point of being unable to learn it by watching someone and/or intuition. If you're talking about techniques like searing, moulding, seasoning etc. on the other hand, then I really have no response, as those are the epitome of common sense dictated techniques.

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I'd love to know what techniques you're talking about. This isn't me being condescending, or sarcastic. Sure, I can't flip an omelette in one piece, but I can measure a steak's residual blood just fine. Apart from those two "techniques"/"tricks", I really can't think of something advanced to the point of being unable to learn it by watching someone and/or intuition. If you're talking about techniques like searing, moulding, seasoning etc. on the other hand, then I really have no response, as those are the epitome of common sense dictated techniques.

Clearly you have never baked, made a souffle, used a bain marie, made jam/mayonnaise/bread/custard/any kind of pastry.

For instance, truly excellent shortcrust pastry requires that you handle it as little as possible, aerate it in the rubbing-in stage, reach the correct level of consistency (determined only by experience), refrigerate it for at least 30 mins before you roll it out, and brush the casing with egg once it is in the tin and let it dry to form a seal before adding filling (otherwise soggy pastry). It should also preferably be rolled out using a marble board and pin since marble is always slightly cooler to touch than room temperature. Science bitches, not your pre-Copernicus mumbo jumbo.

Equally, there's a reason we use sugar thermometers in cooking, notably when making jam or toffee and attempting to reach setting or hard crack temperatures. You really have no idea you n00b.

Biggles
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Haha, relax. A bunch of my friends and I were starting summer and we really wanted a challenge. So we were sitting one day in a pub, and overheard a bunch of guys talking about how they know Epic Meal Time accepts challenges. So we started conceptualizing the burger. In total it was 11.5 inches tall, and 10 inches wide. There was lamb, chicken, beef, goat, pig and I'm pretty sure what was one of our fingers in there. We were going to submit a video to Epic Meal Time, asking them to top our burger, but then once we realized that it costs a fair bit we stepped back after making our first burger.

For the record, I only ate two slices as big as the one on the side plate. My other mates (3 of them) finished the rest ... and as a reminder, the picture only shows half the burger.

Statistics: 6 pounds of bacon, 14 pounds of beef, 3 pounds of cheese, 20 pounds of other assorted meats (cooked into the cheese, burger and layered on the meat). 12 hours to cook.

:blink:

4 people ate 43 pounds of assorted protein at a sitting? WTF was it? An Elvis impersonators evening?

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 07:11 PM
That, there, I will concede to. I don't enjoy baking and/or making sweets. My most advanced dessert ever made was boxed-and-ready caramel pie. I heated that thing up damn proper, if I may say so myself.

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I shall shortly be astonishing you all with my culinary expertise!

Biggles
09-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I shall shortly be astonishing you all with my culinary expertise!

That sounds ominous. Are you sitting on a 60s swivel chair stroking a white persian cat perchance?

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I am actually sitting on a 60s swivel chair, but since I'm typing this I'm sure you can guess that I'm not stroking my pussy :idunno:

Artemis
09-06-2011, 09:33 PM
.........So, I decided to make them Eggplant Moussaka without so much as a recipe. With the exception of frying to the eggplants a tad too much, and using about 0.5 more measures of water than needed, I actually got it pretty much right by simply "winging it".

:glag:

Now not to put a too finer point on it, but letting my wife into the kitchen to 'wing it' can end up with some truly diabolical results. Either it's not that intuitive, or she just has absolutely no intuition.This is not a gag, she has cooked some mystery dishes that even the cats turn their nose up at, so having a lash isn't always the best course of action.

Artemis
09-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I am actually sitting on a 60s swivel chair, but since I'm typing this I'm sure you can guess that I'm not stroking my pussy :idunno:

Who is ?

Biggles
09-06-2011, 09:41 PM

Who is ?

It is probably licking itself at the moment

I can't quite believe I typed that

Something Else
09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
.../pics

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Who is ?

It is probably licking itself at the moment

I can't quite believe I typed that

It's asleep and it doesn't want to be disturbed!

clocker
09-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Clearly you have never baked...
Indeed, there is little intuitive about making a good loaf of bread.
Bread- good bread- requires few ingredients but major amounts of technique and I don't know how a novice would accidentally tumble to the tricks.

I like baking cause the place smells so nice afterwords.

NotLettingItGo
09-06-2011, 10:46 PM
FFS!1 What the fuck is going on around here? ... Does this look like fucking Mumsnet or something? ... Have you all turned into wimmin?

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Clearly you have never baked...
Indeed, there is little intuitive about making a good loaf of bread.
Bread- good bread- requires few ingredients but major amounts of technique and I don't know how a novice would accidentally tumble to the tricks.

I like baking cause the place smells so nice afterwords.

Yep, baking is considered scientific in approach because the right result really does rely on the absolute right quantities of ingredients and particular techniques.

mjmacky
09-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Ah here's the thing. Chemists can follow recipes, and use intuition to make adjustments. I've baked lots of bread in my day, so I'm familiar with doughy products (present avatar excluded). In this specific case, I took a look at an Udon noodle recipe, and instinctively knew what to do (from experience). Now I'm a bit of a saucier in my kitchen. My wife cooks for shit, except for pastries. However, anything that we eat, it's usually I who handles the sauces and seasonings. I wasn't trained in it, just your typical trial and error method of development that I've been doing for years. So for broths and curry I can usually work from my head and mood.

Point is, I have my limitations, I can't do everything by instinct, but I can alter a recipe more suitable for my taste and succeed.

mjmacky
09-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Yep, baking is considered scientific in approach because the right result really does rely on the absolute right quantities of ingredients and particular techniques.

Sure, but just like scientific technique, there are factors that give way to leniency, substitution, or alteration, and it takes intuition (based on fundamental understanding) to guess where they exist successfully. With cooking and science, there are tried and true iron rules and practices, but as a whole they are not static.

mjmacky
09-07-2011, 02:25 AM
FFS!1 What the fuck is going on around here? ... Does this look like fucking Mumsnet or something? ... Have you all turned into wimmin?

It seems reject just personally asked for a ban

clocker
09-07-2011, 03:14 AM
With cooking and science, there are tried and true iron rules and practices, but as a whole they are not static.
By definition, "tried and true iron rules" are static, else they'd be neither iron, nor rules.
Bakers know this, chefs pretend not to care.

mjmacky
09-07-2011, 05:36 AM
With cooking and science, there are tried and true iron rules and practices, but as a whole they are not static.
By definition, "tried and true iron rules" are static, else they'd be neither iron, nor rules.
Bakers know this, chefs pretend not to care.

Maybe my wording was a little funky. I meant that there are static elements, but when taken as a whole it's actually very dynamic

Squeamous
09-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Sure, but just like scientific technique, there are factors that give way to leniency, substitution, or alteration, and it takes intuition (based on fundamental understanding) to guess where they exist successfully. With cooking and science, there are tried and true iron rules and practices, but as a whole they are not static.

Of course, you can't just add a set amount of water to flour to make bread, because flour can be different according to brand. You have to go by experience. However, you do need to add a certain amount of sugar to yeast, and let the yeast activate appropriately (I'm talking about proper yeast not your dried instant bollocks), and you also need to know when to add the salt so as not to kill the yeast.
Experience and intuition are a luxury you can afford once you've learnt the techniques.

mjmacky
09-07-2011, 01:20 PM
That's bread making, it's its own complicated process. Udon noodles are easy! About teaspoon of salt for every 2 cups all purpose flour (or half low gluten half high gluten), and enough water to make it just a tiny tiny bit sticky. No yeast. That's something any woman could get behind, right? Just like with any doughy thing, you need to play with flour during manipulation of dough, e.g. cutting the noodles. Eventually I can just type out my recipe, but that takes the fun out of it :(

complicated = tedious (no fun)

Squeamous
09-07-2011, 06:42 PM
That's bread making, it's its own complicated process. Udon noodles are easy! About teaspoon of salt for every 2 cups all purpose flour (or half low gluten half high gluten), and enough water to make it just a tiny tiny bit sticky. No yeast. That's something any woman could get behind, right? Just like with any doughy thing, you need to play with flour during manipulation of dough, e.g. cutting the noodles. Eventually I can just type out my recipe, but that takes the fun out of it :(

It's ok, I know how to make udon noodles. And yes, there are many very simple dishes you can just throw together. I love going into people's houses (with their permission) and making something for dinner out of their random ingredients. I enjoy the challenge. But I can only make decent food because I've spent the last 15 years of my life learning how to cook through recipes.

Biggles
09-07-2011, 09:24 PM

It's ok, I know how to make udon noodles. And yes, there are many very simple dishes you can just throw together. I love going into people's houses (with their permission) and making something for dinner out of their random ingredients. I enjoy the challenge. But I can only make decent food because I've spent the last 15 years of my life learning how to cook through recipes.

Recipes are like Haynes manuals for food. If you follow the instructions and have the right tools it is hard to go wrong. I enjoy cooking (although I just buy noodles to be honest Blue Dragon ramen noodles are pretty good)

Squeamous
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm about to make a blackberry and apple pie...mmm, seasonal :happy:

Biggles
09-07-2011, 10:05 PM

with cream and custard one hopes :)

Squeamous
09-07-2011, 10:08 PM

Just custard! I prefer creme anglaise but I don't have the ingredients :(

Biggles
09-07-2011, 10:16 PM

real egg custard is a lovesome thing

Squeamous
09-07-2011, 10:29 PM

real egg custard is a lovesome thing

Oh God yes. There's a dimsum restaurant in Soho that does little egg custard tarts that make me jizz in my pants.

I have just realised I don't have any butter.....hmmm....Trex should do.

NotLettingItGo
09-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Where were you when I admitted my epic failure then? Battering some poor innocent woman I bet, like the complete mong you are.

mjmacky
09-08-2011, 02:10 AM

Where were you when I admitted my epic failure then? Battering some poor innocent woman I bet, like the complete mong you are.

I'm only 1/32nd Mongolian, not enough to qualify for any kind of benefits let alone be labeled as complete.

NotLettingItGo
09-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm only 1/32nd Mongolian, not enough to qualify for any kind of benefits let alone be labeled as complete.

You're not alone, there are lots of other blokes who have a very small cock... maybe you could find some help for that by searching Google (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1030&bih=864&q=please+help+me+I+have+a+small+cock&oq=please+help+me+I+have+a+small+cock&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=19525l20023l0l20819l4l4l0l3l0l0l69l69l1l1l0).

OlegL
09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Speaking of food, I know how to make eggs, but I usually put food into a microwave oven to warm it up and then I eat it. OP, I am glad you know how to make some good food!

Artemis
09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Speaking of food, I know how to make eggs, but I usually put food into a microwave oven to warm it up and then I eat it. OP, I am glad you know how to make some good food!

It's the chickens that make the eggs, you are just heating and eating their ovulations.

OlegL
09-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Okay.

Artemis
09-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Okay.

It's no fun when you agree with me.....:(

mjmacky
09-09-2011, 02:13 AM

You're not alone, there are lots of other blokes who have a very small cock... maybe you could find some help for that by searching Google (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1030&bih=864&q=please+help+me+I+have+a+small+cock&oq=please+help+me+I+have+a+small+cock&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=19525l20023l0l20819l4l4l0l3l0l0l69l69l1l1l0).

It's blaringly obvious that you're trying to bait me into sending you a picture of my massive cock. I'd be a fool to be tricked into doing that for the third time.

NotLettingItGo
09-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Oooo that's an interesting confession... so you've already sent pictures of your tiny cock to members here twice before eh? ... I wonder who they were... chavis must be one of them obviousment... as spastic in chief he'd be first to get one... but who else?

mjmacky
09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I wonder who they were

That's an easy one, whichever members say I have a big cock have seen pics of it.

Edit: Why does a food thread lead to penis? If you ask a girl, food for thought, will she eventually be thinking of stimulation?

Squeamous
09-11-2011, 04:15 PM

It's blaringly obvious that you're trying to bait me into sending you a picture of my massive cock. I'd be a fool to be tricked into doing that for the third time.

These were the first two:

As you can see they are indeed quite large, especially for small breeds (of chicken, not American....although that too).

mjmacky
09-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Well played

Squeamous
09-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I thangyow!

wpagan13
09-21-2011, 08:47 PM
damn that looks good!

mjmacky
09-21-2011, 08:50 PM
damn that looks good!

You see, I fucking told you right? By the way, there's a new place that does Korean BBQ, locals are raving about it.

manker
04-21-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't know how I ended up in this thread but I'm eating noodles and decided to post a pic pour votre plaisir.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/WP_000105.jpg

mjmacky
04-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't know how I ended up in this thread

I linked you here just after you stared at a big fucking bacon sandwich.

manker
04-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I saw when I went back to the 20p thread.
Although I didn't do what you said. I clicked your link but not Idol's, if a bacon sandwich was what his was.

I rarely click external links because they usually involve reading subject matter which I did not deem appropriate for ingestion :mellow:

mjmacky
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Although I didn't do what you said. I clicked your link but not Idol's, if a bacon sandwich was what his was.

I rarely click external links because they usually involve reading subject matter which I did not deem appropriate for ingestion :mellow:

I provided a context post factum, so you're all out of excuses, or you're blatantly lying given the choice of words.

manker
04-21-2012, 02:22 PM
:ermm: wut
I know you like explanations, so here goes:

I opened your link in a different tab cus it involved a member here so I decided it might interest me. I didn't do the same with Idol's cus it was external and had iPhone written next to it.
I subsequently got distracted and couldn't really remember why I had it open but replied anyhow.

mjmacky
04-21-2012, 03:04 PM
:ermm: wut
I know you like explanations, so here goes:

I opened your link in a different tab cus it involved a member here so I decided it might interest me. I didn't do the same with Idol's cus it was external and had iPhone written next to it.
I subsequently got distracted and couldn't really remember why I had it open but replied anyhow.

It'll all become clear when you open Idol's link. When I say, not if, when.

manker
04-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Why would I open it.
I already know it's a bacon sandwich.

IdolEyes787
04-21-2012, 03:53 PM

Well that perfectly good virus went to waste then.:(

manker
04-21-2012, 04:06 PM

Well that perfectly good virus went to waste then.:(As did my vegetarian based wordplay.
We all have our crosses to bear :no:

IdolEyes787
04-21-2012, 04:21 PM
As did my vegetarian based wordplay.

Sorry I speed read so fully comprehending everything obviously isn't my primary focus Snee.

Snee
04-21-2012, 04:30 PM
You're forgiven.

manker
04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
As did my vegetarian based wordplay.

Sorry I speed read so fully comprehending everything obviously isn't my primary focus Snee.hmmz, Snee. Could have been much worse :happy:

And it's okay. It was more aimed at Mary.
Call me Schadey McSchadenfreude, but I enjoy it when her autism prevents her from getting things.

mjmacky
04-21-2012, 06:07 PM
As did my vegetarian based wordplay. We all have our crosses to bear :no:

I might not remember what was posted in other threads, but I didn't see one hint of a vegetable turn up in your posts.

mjmacky
04-21-2012, 06:08 PM
And it's okay. It was more aimed at Mary.
Call me Schadey McSchadenfreude, but I enjoy it when her autism prevents her from getting things.

I hate when I get things and then someone tells me I didn't. I always fall for that.

manker
04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
:inlove:

Nina17
04-25-2012, 03:25 AM
http://www.atlfoodsnob.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ramen-noodles2.jpg

Same thing, I just skip like 10 steps. :shifty:

You are so smart to get the same thing, while I think it is not nourishing as mjmacky show! ;)

Nina17
04-25-2012, 03:28 AM

Can you tell me how to hand make this, it looks so dislicious!
Thanks!