PDA

View Full Version : You Poms OWN comedy!

iLOVENZB
09-06-2011, 11:00 AM
$Title :happy:

Mr. Mulder
09-06-2011, 12:25 PM
if you're talking about My Family or Michael cunting Mcintyre again.... :no:

iLOVENZB
09-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Better than that douche you trolled me with :\

Fawlty Towers ... the ONLY sitcom I've ever cried laughing!

Squeamous
09-06-2011, 05:45 PM
We do on balance own comedy, but some of the best comedy ever comes out of America too. I think South Park is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen, funnier than anything the UK has produced.

mjmacky
09-07-2011, 01:48 AM
We do on balance own comedy, but some of the best comedy ever comes out of America too. I think South Park is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen, funnier than anything the UK has produced.

I prefer American comedy myself, though British at least comes second. South Park would rate about 3rd for me for current TV Shows, below Community and Arrested Development (which I will insist is current). South Park lost me from their audience several years back when their episodes were kind of pointless and just silly. When they started to hit strong on sociopolitical commentary again, it reeled me back in. These last several seasons have been great, and that last episode has to be my favorite (everything sounds like shit, looks like shit, etc.).

Now I'm not about to compare old shows, because then Canada finds itself in the mix.

teflon05
09-07-2011, 02:22 AM
I like most Brit comedy, but every once in a while, I still see something that makes me go "what?" I think it's got something to do with not understanding some of the Brit slang terms maybe. Speaking of which, didn't the word Pom used to be like, racist or something? :O

Mr. Mulder
09-07-2011, 06:59 AM
South Park, American Dad, Wilfred, Workaholics is where it’s at :01:

i cannot think of one of our own comedy’s (no matter how old) i'd willing sit down and watch. Its either pathetic family based sitcoms or shit so old only my dad and foreigners would find it funny :ermm:

Mr. Mulder
09-07-2011, 07:01 AM
actually, Lee Nelson. I fucking love Lee Nelson's Well Good Show. And QI is funny if im smashed or high, maybe even aroused... :eyebrows:

Mr. Mulder
09-07-2011, 07:14 AM
What fucks me off most of all is the two ronnies ...oh my gosh, "fork handles" that's so fucking funny :mellow:

Artemis
09-07-2011, 07:38 AM
....... Speaking of which, didn't the word Pom used to be like, racist or something? :O

You have a choice on the etymology of the word since pom is used to describe those of british descent in Australia and New Zeland, the first is it is shortened from Pommy Grant an alliteration of Pomegranate and definitely a racial slur or option b. it is short for P.O.M.E. or Prisoners Of Mother England. Personally I vote for the former, the Aussies have a nasty name for just about everyone, they are truly equal opportunity racists.

Mr. Mulder
09-07-2011, 07:48 AM
and they smell like kangaroos and bar staff :snooty: