PDA

View Full Version : .:tR Will be Closing the End of September:.

A
09-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Well guys, it's been a great long 4 years. I've met a lot of special people here and even met a few of you in real life. Some of you I consider very good friends and have become people I really care about and love. This site has meant a lot to me and has gotten me through a lot over the past few years. I opened it in the beginning of college as an incoming freshman and it gave me something to do with my free time. I went through a lot those years of my life. Between moving out to a new school, living on my own, taking new classes and my parents going through a divorce it was a tough time for me. TR became a place not just about BitTorrent and obtaining invites to private trackers, but a place for me hang out, meet a different variety of people all over the world, and discuss a wide variety of topics without feeling like people were judging me. I really did not expect the site to get as big as it did or even for it to be around this long. BitTorrent just is not the same anymo!
re and I have lost interest in it, but that does not mean I will forget you guys or my friends. We all experienced a lot over the years and TR will always be in my heart and I hope you won’t forget about it either. We were one of the first BiTtorrent invite sites out there and we took over a lot of our competition taking over TorrentInvites.com and Tracker-Invites.US. We will always be remembered as the site that set politics aside and all that other bullshit and focused on friends and community. After all it was the power of community that made us get this far and kept us together. We could not have gotten as far as we did without our strong community and the driven staff members who used their free time to keep our site strong and safe. If you’d like to pay a tribute to TR please do so in the post. Let us know how TR changed your life, why you loved the site and the history. May TR rest in peace and be remembered by all those it impacted August 2007 – September 2011. Than!
ks guys for the support. A history page will be made up for the site a
nd I will keep IRC around for any of the people that want to chat and bullshit. Love you guys and any well written tributes will be put on the history page in remembrance of TR. Even if you are no longer active on TR but once used the site please login and make a post if you could. It would mean a lot to all the people that spent a lot of time on the site. Thanks again.

:liquid:.

gtf0
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
you should have mentioned that this is not about tranceroute .... i almost had a heart attack

beezy192
09-08-2011, 10:53 AM
you should have mentioned that this is not about tranceroute .... i almost had a heart attack

Me too. Thank God. :P

IdolEyes787
09-08-2011, 11:06 AM
The thing about acronyms is that I still don't have the slightest clue to what you are talking about.

thebazzla
09-08-2011, 11:19 AM
its a sad day indeed . and i for one will be sad to see it gone anyways best wishes to liquid and his staff......

A
09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
The thing about acronyms is that I still don't have the slightest clue to what you are talking about.
It was in my inbox this morning. Thought it deserved a thread here. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
09-08-2011, 11:41 AM
So you don't know what TR stands for either then?

Disme
09-08-2011, 12:00 PM

I don't know what TR stands for either ... is that a good or a bad thing :unsure:

Cisco---Scene
09-08-2011, 12:32 PM
TR = t r a c k e r e a c t o r.com

teflon05
09-08-2011, 12:34 PM
It's torrent reactor, a invite forum. I got that email last weekend. I haven't logged on there in over a year though.

EDIT: Yeah..Cisco---Scene is right. Been so long since I was on there I got confused :wacko:

Cabalo
09-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Ah, fortunately it's not TranceRoute.
Was this some kind of specialized leet community to covertly trade exchange invites?

teflon05
09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm not really sure. I was invited there by a friend over a year ago, & all I can remember is that it was an invite forum. I don't think there was trading there then, but I do believe it was allowed there at one time. I'm sure a current member will correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Other than that, I don't remember it being exactly "leet" or anything. I do think it has been around for a relatively Long time though.

I believe there used to be a pretty good number of tracker staff that were members there at one time, also

A
09-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Now I do.

DeadPoet
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm not really sure. I was invited there by a friend over a year ago, & all I can remember is that it was an invite forum. I don't think there was trading there then, but I do believe it was allowed there at one time. I'm sure a current member will correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Other than that, I don't remember it being exactly "leet" or anything. I do think it has been around for a relatively Long time though.

I believe there used to be a pretty good number of tracker staff that were members there at one time, also

TR started at mid '07 so it was one of the first torrent invite forums and yes, trading was allowed there till something '08, if I remember correctly.
Nothing leet about tR, just chill place to hang out with little too much ghey talk :ghey:

anon
09-08-2011, 03:50 PM
I thought it was TranceRoute, too. I also though *************'s acronym was tR with a lowercase T.

Anyway, I don't really see the point of this thread. Those who aren't members don't lose much, and those who are can post there instead. :unsure:

teflon05
09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I agree. I think I posted there once, but I found nothing special about it. I'm not saying it was bad...Just not any better than any other forum I've come across. Hence why I let my acct die there.
I prefer FST myself. People can say what they want, but at least this place is active, & there's almost always something interesting to read and/or to reply to here ;)

Glitterstep
09-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Seriously at first i thought it was tranceroute(favorite tracker).:D

VinX
09-08-2011, 04:35 PM
good riddance!

b3owulf
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Seriously at first i thought it was tranceroute(favorite tracker).:D
Same here. You're nice man, AbyBeats, but fuck you, next time don't use common abbreviations.

1000possibleclaws
09-08-2011, 05:47 PM
It was a place where you could basically buy your way into trackers. Donate $15 or so and you get 'VIP' status with an exclusive forum where they threw around 'high level' invites. It's also the forum that spawned PTN and a bunch of the 'l33t' spam whores of today.

anon
09-08-2011, 06:22 PM
You're nice man, AbyBeats, but fuck you, next time don't use common abbreviations.

laugh out loud

Barbossa
09-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Best invite community, TR will be missed.

kukushka
09-08-2011, 06:45 PM
It was a place where you could basically buy your way into trackers. Donate $15 or so and you get 'VIP' status with an exclusive forum where they threw around 'high level' invites. It's also the forum that spawned PTN and a bunch of the 'l33t' spam whores of today.
yeah, vip existed as long as i remember, can it be considered "worse" than fst's pro trading policy? generally, tr changed over time and last phase when they required $$ even for joining wasn't emm the best. as for spawning 1337ness related shit, the all time champ is wtaw i'm afraid

IdolEyes787
09-08-2011, 07:34 PM
yeah, vip existed as long as i remember, can it be considered "worse" than fst's pro trading policy? generally, tr changed over time and last phase when they required $$ even for joining wasn't emm the best. as for spawning 1337ness related shit, the all time champ is wtaw i'm afraid

Please show me exactly where you found "FST's pro trading policy". I would be sincerely interested in seeing where you came up with that one.
As for the WTAW forgive me but a written list ,no matter how silly or seemingly "official" doesn't spawn anything . For that you need people either stupid or greedy enough to buy into it.
Sadly this being bt there appears no shortage of either.

kaffeine
09-08-2011, 07:39 PM
"Invite communities" are filled with cawks. Much like the bt section here.

Fact.

A
09-08-2011, 08:44 PM
"Invite communities" are filled with cawks. Much like the bt section here.

Fact.
Including you.

Fact.

dragoi92
09-08-2011, 10:04 PM
The tr staff isnt very good. They just banned people without any good reason , Than they say that all member who have banned were trader.

DeadPoet
09-09-2011, 08:48 AM
The tr staff isnt very good. They just banned people without any good reason , Than they say that all member who have banned were trader.

So you got banned for trading? Oh you poor little dragoi. :(

Staff has changed lots and lots of times so be little more specific or don't spread misleading information.

mrnobody
09-10-2011, 10:36 PM
eh wrong thread, nvm.

1000possibleclaws
09-11-2011, 03:48 AM

Staff has changed lots and lots of times so be little more specific or don't spread misleading information.

I got banned from trading with a TR staffer, back when trading was acceptable on the site.

DeadPoet
09-11-2011, 07:45 AM

I got banned from trading with a TR staffer, back when trading was acceptable on the site.

Those where the crazy days with lots of drama and everything. I remember there was one mod banned for cheating on the torrent site not to mention he had seedbox and everything. I'm not saying tR was place filled only with wise and honest people but definitely It was a great place where to start your bittorent days.
It's a shame you got banned since you could be a good asset to the forum.
Dragoi situation is a bit different bacause he got banned on PtN first and only afterwards tR ban came in action (I made a search on tR and I found very little information about this so this may be inaccurate allegation).

cap87
09-11-2011, 08:58 AM
So... why exactly is it closing?
The announcement is not enlightening at all.

kukushka
09-11-2011, 09:47 AM
So... why exactly is it closing?
The announcement is not enlightening at all.
sysop got tired & cash flow went down to zero i guess

swas1980
09-11-2011, 09:05 PM
The major problem with closed BT invite forums is that after a certain period of time it does become inactive as most members get in all the places that they want and spread less spam to keep the forum active.Infact tR has managed to keep the ball rolling as an invite forum for such a long time is highly creditable.

dragoi92
09-13-2011, 12:46 PM
They banned me from Ptn since they didnt like me in TR. TR is just a forum like other, it is just f****.

And i dont remember very well, but i think that staff in tr was staff in PTN too, about 2 years ago. They just banned me and they said to me trader without proofs?

pakito
09-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Giveaway http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/437536 lol

Cabalo
09-28-2011, 11:48 PM
So, is it yet open ?

gamercliff
09-30-2011, 11:19 PM
So, is it yet open ?
yup, not sure for how long tho

DeadPoet
12-21-2011, 12:45 AM
It's back up.
So, if you were a member you should be able to log in.

anon
12-21-2011, 01:10 AM
But but...

HG1
12-28-2011, 09:39 AM
TR is back but still its dead :/