PDA

View Full Version : Asus Rampage II Extreme

LubTheStaringCat
09-09-2011, 08:46 PM
The Asus rampage II extreme, my question Is: If I bought 6 sticks (24 gigs) total, of the Corsair Memory Vengeance LP Blue 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz...Would this work with all six memory slots, as tri-channel?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr3-vengeance-lp-cerulean-blue-pc3-12800-(1600)-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

Artemis
09-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes it will as long as you are running the 64bit version of Windows, the question is why would you want 24GB of RAM ? The board is designed to handle 24GB and will detect it, just make sure it is matched RAM.

LubTheStaringCat
09-10-2011, 12:59 AM
why would you want 24GB of RAM?

I built a computer for computer graphics only, But the computer I used for the Internet just pack up one day...It was over ten years old and used for all sorts, and on usually 24/7.
So I had to use the the newly build computer, well I've built a second for Internet only...So I can put my first build back to It's original use.

That's why I asked about the 24GB of RAM, In the past I bought Tri Channel ram, not Dual Channel ram, I just want to know would there be any differences?...On a board with six memory slots.

Artemis
09-10-2011, 05:54 AM
I don't personally have a machine with 24GB of RAM in it but for graphics purposes it would be ideal if you are working with 3D applications. This is one of the main reasons for large amounts of RAM, being able to load whole texture maps directly into memory and thus speed up execution and rendering.