PDA

View Full Version : You never notice how much of an addict you are...

beccamour
09-10-2011, 12:30 AM
until your favorite (*cough*... only) tracker is down for a few days.

Every time I go "Oh! I should look that up..." I die a little on the inside.

Being such a baby in the filesharing world, I'm only on Demonoid. Sigh. I can't bring myself to trust most of the public sites or the people who say "OH ITZ SAFE! I USE IT ALL THE TIME N I NVR GET VIRISEZ!!!1"

In any case, I was wondering what sites were more commonly used for general downloads. I mostly look for books, software (mostly mac) , and the occasional audiobook.

:happy:
Becca

n00bz0r
09-10-2011, 12:51 AM
For books: BitMe
Apps (Mac): BrokenStones

Night0wl
09-10-2011, 01:07 AM
For books I like http://library.nu/ although it's not a torrent tracker. It's a DDL indexing site for ebooks.

Edit: Also http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks

anon
09-10-2011, 01:13 AM
As far as audiobooks are concerned, MyAnonamouse is said to be pretty good. It's not public nor open, but you can apply for an invite here (http://www.myanonamouse.net/inviteapp.php).

If you want to have a sort of backup for when Demonoid goes down, RuTracker would probably be nice.

teflon05
09-10-2011, 01:14 AM
What type of books are you interested in? And other than audio books, what format?

beccamour
09-10-2011, 02:01 AM
What type of books are you interested in? And other than audio books, what format?

Tech books for programming and whatnot ( a lot of them for school ) and fiction of all sorts.
As for format, mostly PDFs as I don't have a reader or anything.

I've heard of a lot of these before, too bad a lot of them are invite only :pinch: But hey, they're the best for a reason!

Tv Controls you
09-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Demonoid was down a few days ago, and I had no clue what to do.
I mean I could have went to revtt, Tl, or scc. But nothing could replace demonoid :P

Anyway ontopic:
As suggested previously, library.nu is great for books. Please note that this IS NOT a torrent tracker, but rather a DDL Site. (great for the content type)
Personally for software I would also recommend a DDL site, Warez-bb.org . It's content is unparallelled by any tracker in my opinion.
If you must get software off a tracker demonoid is ok, then afterwards you got TL, IPT, scc, and the rest of the general trackers.
Let me emphasize the greatness RevTT though... You want an app that they don't have, then request it there!
Their request section is by far the best I have come by. RevTT is my favorite general tracker and it's not hard to see why.

The reason I suggest warez-bb.org and library.nu is due to there ease of joining (both free sign-up instantly).

beccamour
09-10-2011, 08:24 AM
The reason I suggest warez-bb.org and library.nu is due to there ease of joining (both free sign-up instantly).

Haha I appreciate that!

Demonoid almost always has what I'm looking for so it's a huge bummer every day that it's down D:
I'll definitely look into these though..

Thanks a bunch guys :)
Now I'll just have to be on the lookout for bit.me -- that one seems interesting!

megabyteme
09-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Try ebooks-shares.org I believe they are open signup right now. If they aren't, send me a pm with a link to this thread as a reminder (I get grouchy with unsolicited requests) and I will gladly set you up.

IdolEyes787
09-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I mean I could have went to revtt, Tl, or scc. But nothing could replace demonoid :P

While trying to be facetious the unwitting simple irony in that statement caused the woman two houses down from me to suffer a miscarriage.

Xizie
09-10-2011, 04:00 PM

While trying to be facetious the unwitting simple irony in that statement caused the woman two houses down from me to suffer a miscarriage.

and then she had realized that you had posted this so she came to your house and hung you in your own backyard.

Night0wl
09-10-2011, 05:32 PM
And Demonoid is back so problem solved

Jerry
09-10-2011, 09:42 PM
As far as audiobooks are concerned, MyAnonamouse is said to be pretty good. It's not public nor open, but you can apply for an invite here (http://www.myanonamouse.net/inviteapp.php).

If you want to have a sort of backup for when Demonoid goes down, RuTracker would probably be nice.

good point, MyAnonamouse and also, Bitme have enogh of books, I don't need other site's DDL or trackers...this 2 satisfy my needs :)

mrnobody
09-10-2011, 10:36 PM
demonoid is good. so are some other torrent sites as bitme, bitspyder, and learn bits.

warezbb, forumz (?) are also pretty good.