PDA

View Full Version : Astraweb, is this what I have to look forward to?

keypunch
09-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I just signed up for Astraweb, the payment went through, but the account creation failed, so now I'm stuck waiting for support, which I've read isn't all that great. Not only that but according to their automated response, support is only Mon-Fri. Having problems before I even get started doesn't sit well with me. Is this what I have to look forward to with Astraweb?

WHiKWiRE
09-11-2011, 02:58 AM
AstraWEB has some pretty awesome customer service in the few times that I have needed to deal with them. :)

hdjunky
09-11-2011, 05:19 AM
I just signed up for Astraweb, the payment went through, but the account creation failed, so now I'm stuck waiting for support, which I've read isn't all that great. Not only that but according to their automated response, support is only Mon-Fri. Having problems before I even get started doesn't sit well with me. Is this what I have to look forward to with Astraweb?

Yes...pretty much. They left me hanging a few years ago. I was unable to use my acccount all weekend. When most others offer the same or better pricing with support available on the weekends..I stopped using astraweb partly due to principle!

mjmacky
09-11-2011, 05:25 AM
I'm guessing you've already tried the forgot password page and submitted a support ticket

Hypatia
09-11-2011, 05:56 AM
didnt have problems of that kind at all. But i didnt try to send emails on weekends ..

keypunch
09-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Yep I did both. Password page said no account, and support says mon-fri, HOWEVER, they have now set up an account for me, and closed the ticket. Phew, I've been screwed over too many times on the net.

Thanks Astraweb for not letting me hang all weekend.

sandman_1
09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
With the few issues I have had with Astraweb, they have been prompt to respond to support, although I have never tried it over a weekend. Glad you got it worked out.

mesaman
09-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Astraweb is the last man standing, it's now the only way to retrieve some articles.

iLOVENZB
09-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Does any any help desk work on the weekend?

WHiKWiRE
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Does any any help desk work on the weekend?

What he said :lol:

Quartr
09-13-2011, 01:27 AM
I haven't had a problem in years but yeah the one time I did, support was horrible. Good luck, lol

JustDOSE
09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
yes most of the time you have to wait a few hours for acc details to be emailed to you, but its one of the best services hands down...