PDA

View Full Version : uk-two?

grow4dough
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
is this place legit? like the same staff and everything as before?

if so who can i talk to about getting invited back? i was around before it got shut down and if it's all the same people they should remember me or at the very least someone would remember my old avatar from there, that shit popped. anyways, someone please point me i the right direction. thanks :)

if it's a remake with all new staff then i'll pass.

Scene
09-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Haven't here that uk-* is back. Who told you that information?

anon
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Haven't here that uk-* is back. Who told you that information?

A little bird told him. (In the Twitter era, that's now possible)

I don't remember the specifics, but if you feel like reading...
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/434640-uk-t-is-back....

t00z
09-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Not worth the effort. Not at all.

n00bz0r
09-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Not worth the effort. Not at all.
sadly, the same goes for a shitload of sites. :yup:

JebusAT
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Great little site! A Lot of the old people are there too.

swas1980
09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
The new site is pretty decent IMO.Just that resurrecting the old uk-t was highly improbable, the current staffs have managed to bring in some new blood as well as retain some old folks which does make it a healthy and active community.

grow4dough
09-12-2011, 09:26 AM
guess i'll pass, i miss their forum but it's sounding like it's more of a ripoff than anything else. thanks for the info. :)

JebusAT
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Far from a ripoff lol

grow4dough
09-12-2011, 03:52 PM
well people who had nothing to do with the original site remake it and get as many people from the old site to come back, sounds like a ripoff to me. this is all what i've read from other people, if they have it wrong and the creator of v2 was at the very least staff from the original then my bad. either way i got what i wanted to know and it doesn't interest me.

Undressed
09-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Well if you were a member. You should check your old email addy. They used the uk-t db and sent out invites to old members.

ca_aok
09-14-2011, 12:18 AM
That's not true. Most people were actively hunted down by other former members. That's how I was eventually badgered into joining.

It's not the same, it's not the same people running it, and the actual leeching activity is almost non-existent.

The_Martinator
09-14-2011, 08:21 AM
That's not true. Most people were actively hunted down by other former members. That's how I was eventually badgered into joining.

It's not the same, it's not the same people running it, and the actual leeching activity is almost non-existent.

What about the packs, mate? Packs are oh-so-important, ya know?

Justsomeguy
09-14-2011, 09:38 AM

Actually it is true ca_aok, but nevertheless I’m sorry you feel “hunted down and badgered” into joining, its not the first time you have voiced your displeasure, if you want your account deleted that can be done for you I’m sure. :)

Strange though that others have voiced displeasure at NOT being hunted down as you put it, the aim of the new site and no it’s not the same, it is a new site, is to ATTEMPT to re-group what was and still is for some a close knit group of people who used to have some fun together, but it’s just a site at the end of the day, some will come back lots will have moved on, such is life.

The mails that went out mostly went to spam or went undelivered, and were limited by the age of the info available to “older” members of the site, to put it in simple terms as I understand it, if your in the list then you get a new account, that is if you want one ;)

mjmacky
09-14-2011, 10:05 AM
The mails that went out mostly went to spam

I guess the spam detection was working pretty well then?

ca_aok
09-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Actually it is true ca_aok, but nevertheless I’m sorry you feel “hunted down and badgered” into joining, its not the first time you have voiced your displeasure, if you want your account deleted that can be done for you I’m sure. :)

Strange though that others have voiced displeasure at NOT being hunted down as you put it, the aim of the new site and no it’s not the same, it is a new site, is to ATTEMPT to re-group what was and still is for some a close knit group of people who used to have some fun together, but it’s just a site at the end of the day, some will come back lots will have moved on, such is life.

The mails that went out mostly went to spam or went undelivered, and were limited by the age of the info available to “older” members of the site, to put it in simple terms as I understand it, if your in the list then you get a new account, that is if you want one ;)
Go for it. I looked for both delacct.php and del_acct.php, as well as looking through the settings. I figured I'd eventually just get an inactivity ban. This idea of "re-creation" is a failure, and even if it wasn't, the time to recreate is immediately after the initial crash, not a year later after people have moved on and dispersed. Toss in the fact that no one actually snatches anything there and uploading is spotty at best, and you might as well have stuck with the UK-3 forum.

The vast majority of people who are sour about not being tracked down were either members that joined within the last year or so of the site when it was flooded by that whole crowd obsessed with 1337ness that seems to transcend every "community based" 0-day site, or weren't even members at all but put up appearances in an effort to get in on the ground floor of a site trying to ride off the former glory of a dead torrent site. Others were either invited via the email or were tracked down quickly at other communities.

We saw the exact same thing when CN was resurrected as TBH long after the demise of the site. It didn't work, and it was never going to work, it was a sinking ship from the start. A site is made up of many parts, not just its group of members. You can't just toss a handful of the same people into a site with no content, no forum posts, different staff, different design, and expect the same cohesive community to form just because the name is the same.

Quarterquack
09-15-2011, 04:04 AM
A site is made up of many parts, not just its group of members. You can't just toss a handful of the same people into a site with no content, no forum posts, different staff, different design, and expect the same cohesive community to form just because the name is the same.

The main part is time. I was only a part of the original UK-T for the last day of its lifetime, which proved time had made it something actually fantastic (from my point of view at least), but know that it had over 6-7 years of history behind it at its demise. You can't expect something that has only been around for *insert however old UK-2 is here* to catch up to the old.

Content, forum posts, dedicated staff, an improved design etc. can all come with time. It's not really dealing justice to the staff trying to put it all back together to say "this is not good enough." You can just do your part to make it so.

And for the record, I am neither a member, nor do I care about being one at this reincarnation. So this isn't me defending anything out of entitlement or perceived importance. This is just a pure just level of reasoning.

EDIT: This post of mine is quite special. It's my first post as a 22 year old. As well as my 2400th post. This commemorates the most posts I have ever made on an online forum.

:fst:

OlegL
09-15-2011, 04:37 AM
It's my first post as a 22 year old.

Happy Birthday!

OlegL
09-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Accidentally posted the same thing twice. (The browser is lagging).

1000possibleclaws
09-15-2011, 04:38 AM
To me it's the idea that a functional 0day site can be built from day one with exclusivity and selectivity as job number one, and not the age of the site, that is holding it back.

For as long as I can remember it has appeared that most invites being passed around are amongst a small group of bt addicts that treat torrenting like a game. FTN has been the token bt addict tracker since 2006, and we all know that there is no real point in snatching from a second site, unless its some obscure scene release. Would think that to get good members you would have to open sign ups or something.

Artemis
09-15-2011, 06:05 AM
.......For as long as I can remember it has appeared that most invites being passed around are amongst a small group of bt addicts that treat torrenting like a game. FTN has been the token bt addict tracker since 2006, and we all know that there is no real point in snatching from a second site, unless its some obscure scene release. Would think that to get good members you would have to open sign ups or something.

There are/were other l33t sites that are part of the trading game, many traders got access to UK-T but just lurked because posting exposed their poor english and staff suddenly got interested, FTWR was another highly sought after site now deceased and I remember what a frenzy there was for 'old' SweDVR memberships when they closed off membership to anything other than Scandinavian IP's unless you were an old member.
Then of course there have been the pretenders, the sites that tried to be l33t from the start and fell on their ass because that is not enough to run a tracker and having exactly the same idiot posters spam the shit out of the forums that they perceive as cool so that they are seen to be there is just pathetic. There is a long list of trackers that fall into this category and fell into obscurity as fast: ScN, RtS (1&2), iLife,etc ad infinitum (I'm sure you TSOL have your own list of those that deeply sucked in this category).
And of course the real jewel in the crown of any collector right now is HDBits, why because it is hard to get into, so getting into it automatically makes them a better person. I'm not quite sure how this works but apparently it is very important because there seem to be a great deal of people who dedicate a great deal of time to climbing this imaginary ladder, only to find in the end that the same content was to be had within a couple of minutes at the outside, on other far more easily accessible trackers.
I myself truly do not understand what the buzz is in having 40, 50 , 60 or more torrent sites on your bookmarks, it's not like it is a life achievement, in fact if you rocked up to most people in the street and proudly pronounced that one, they would think you retarded.

IdolEyes787
09-15-2011, 11:40 AM
EDIT: This post of mine is quite special. It's my first post as a 22 year old. As well as my 2400th post. This commemorates the most posts I have ever made on an online forum.

:fst:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo

Quarterquack
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
The woes of being inarticulate seem to have consequentially proven you incapable of making a point without using Katy Perry as a stencil, mate.
You should get that checked out.

:idunno:

IdolEyes787
09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Re Ur so Gay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnYC6aF2JaU

http://filesharingtalk.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Quarterquack
09-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I love you, and I don't even need to be gay to say that.
Thanks for putting a smile on my face, putzy.

IdolEyes787
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Least I could do considering you have nothing better to do on your 22nd birthday than browse the internet.

zoeygirly
09-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Now now, he's just a baby! Happy 22 (get off of here and go get some action)

sokrates
09-16-2011, 08:14 AM
I didnt feel in capable hands there security wise.. but like ca_aok I failed to find a possibility to delete my acc and I doubt staff would actually delete my acc either, bc I assume they have no button to click on for that and I'm afraid, messing around with the db is too much to ask.
There are still some nice people on the irc from the old days though :)

A
09-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I didnt feel in capable hands there security wise.. but like ca_aok I failed to find a possibility to delete my acc and I doubt staff would actually delete my acc either, bc I assume they have no button to click on for that and I'm afraid, messing around with the db is too much to ask.
There are still some nice people on the irc from the old days though :)
Was your account automatically created for you without you registering on the site?

sokrates
09-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Was your account automatically created for you without you registering on the site?No.

Xizie
09-17-2011, 03:01 PM
One does not simply into but once they do they're greeted with a false sense of elitism.

garbage
09-25-2011, 03:23 AM
seems fake to me

anon
09-25-2011, 03:49 AM
seems fake to me

Thanks for the insight.

zoeygirly
09-25-2011, 03:49 AM
seems fake to me

Fake in what sense? The real world or the internetz?....

Xizie
09-25-2011, 04:05 AM
seems fake to me

I think I know why your username's garbage..

n00bz0r
09-25-2011, 06:38 AM
:lol:

t00z
10-08-2011, 07:16 AM
It's down. Is it gone?

ronson
10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
hurray :D

ronson
10-11-2011, 07:14 AM
on ukt was open signup XD lol

beezy192
10-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Crap tracker. Just signed up.

ronson
10-11-2011, 07:28 AM
yeah :D my account is banned with shitty reason: i show some pics about this hype site on invite forums...but i dont know where :D

Magnum
10-11-2011, 08:01 AM
yeah :D my account is banned with shitty reason: i show some pics about this hype site on invite forums...but i dont know where :D

I'm so happy for you.....

liviues
10-11-2011, 08:42 AM
How long was freesignup?
I got to catch.
uf

Artemis
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
How long was freesignup?
I got to catch.
uf

I can count to potato.

mjmacky
10-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I can count to potato.

Not to toot my own horn, but I can count to yam

IdolEyes787
10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I can count to potato.

I shall call you your
How long was freesignup?
I got to catch.
uf and raise you a
on ukt was open signup XD lol

As for this genius remark
Crap tracker. Just signed up. concerning UK2 or whatever it's called ,people belong to things for a variety of reasons,logic not always being among them (see this site as an example).
If you don't like it fine but I hardly think it's anyone's right to pass judgement on something for anyone else.

liviues
10-11-2011, 01:22 PM
UF

want UK -2

pm for email

Artemis
10-11-2011, 01:59 PM
While slowly swelling in the background can be heard the sound of Queen:

That's another one gone,
That's another one dead,
Another one bites the dust!
Hey they're gonna get you too,

Gotta love the classics :naughty:

IdolEyes787
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
While slowly swelling in the background can be heard the sound of Queen:

That's another one gone,
That's another one dead,
Hey they're gonna get you too,

Gotta love the classics :naughty:

In honour of Queen I present Bohemian Rhapsody from the released today William Shatner : Seeking Major Tom

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M696TI/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk10

There is good ,there is bad and then there is so bad it basically transcends any attempt at description.
Sort of like most posts here.

mjmacky
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
I see that Shatner is still releasing comedy albums

I want this as my theme song:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M696HA/ref=dm_dp_trk7

anon
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Shame on you for showing people what they can expect before they bother to create an account. :snooty:

IdolEyes787
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
I see that Shatner is still releasing comedy albums

I want this as my theme song:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M696HA/ref=dm_dp_trk7

It takes a special talent to take a song like that and make it even worse.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M6969S/ref=dm_dp_trk5

Deep Purple wishes William Shatner would burn down.

mjmacky
10-11-2011, 10:44 PM
It takes a special talent to take a song like that and make it even worse.

Exactly. I was listening to Ramble On and actually wondered how it would sound if Shatner did it. Not that I'd appreciate it, but just wondering if any schmuck could predict exactly how to *shmock a song.

shmock = shatner mock

chalice
10-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Fuck you all. Shatner rawks.

Has Been is one of my favourite albums ever. True story.

ElitUser
10-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Crap tracker. Just signed up.

Now a days private tracker trying to get popular buy closing signup. LOL

IdolEyes787
10-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Fuck you all. Shatner rawks.

Has Been is one of my favourite albums ever. True story.

If some have the good sense to upload the new album I'm stealing it, also true story.

Still the most interesting though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM

Wolves
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
I am a member there and I gotta say the content leaves a lot to be desired. The staff members are extremely kind and helpful, that's always a plus in a tracker, but if they dont do something about their lacking content and their dwindling community, I cannot see this tracker going far.

There is tons of freeleech now and then though, but what's the point if there's nothing worth downloading.

1000possibleclaws
11-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Being kind and helpful is a good quality in a FLS team, not necessary for the actual decision-makers.

chrisbeebops
11-27-2011, 01:53 AM
I am a member there and I gotta say the content leaves a lot to be desired. The staff members are extremely kind and helpful, that's always a plus in a tracker, but if they dont do something about their lacking content and their dwindling community, I cannot see this tracker going far.

There is tons of freeleech now and then though, but what's the point if there's nothing worth downloading.I disagree, their staff isn't very helpful at all. They weren't able to delete my account when I asked them. I finally was able to get it deleted by spamming their main irc channel highlighting all of their staff calling them all useless.

There is nothing noteworthy about this site, other than them trying to piggyback off the fame of a long-dead place.

GalaxyMini
11-27-2011, 07:55 AM
After BlackBeard gets disabled nobody uploads there!

this tracker won't stay up a lot ...

Progress
11-27-2011, 08:10 AM

lol, That guy used to upload only useless crap, scene spam and mostly french dubbed, and leave it unseed less 2 hours since the upload, tragic loss. UK-2 sucks balls with/without that guy.

n00bz0r
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Who was this blackbeard dude again?

Artemis
11-28-2011, 12:04 PM

His real name was Edward Teach, he was quite a famous pirate, I'm surprised you haven't heard of him :blink:

n00bz0r
11-28-2011, 12:34 PM

His real name was Edward Teach, he was quite a famous pirate, I'm surprised you haven't heard of him :blink:
I was talking in context of UK-2 about this guy apparently being some well known entity, who after being banned from site kept other uploaders from uploading (sic).
Anyway, thanks for refreshing my memory about the legit blackbeard.

jam0980tr
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
I found a review of the site if u wanna have a look http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3378/qihqv.png

anon
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Comment and rate that ass!

IdolEyes787
11-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Would it be considered off topic to say that creasy is incredibly annoying?