PDA

View Full Version : New restrictions regarding image hosting

KFlint
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
To increase your security and privacy, we are now restricting the provenance of images posted on the forum to a list of reputable image hosting sites only (and FST of course).

Any image included in a post that doesn't come from a site in the white list will not be displayed and simply replaced by an hyper-link.

It is then your responsibility to be cautious when clicking on an image link, that doesn't mean it is necessarily malicious but we can't certify it is safe either.

Here's the list of authorized image hosts :

abload.de
bayimg.com
filesharingtalk.com
freebunker.com
freeimagehosting.net
imagehost.org
imagehosting.com
imagebam.com
imagebanana.com
imageshack.us
imgrush.net
imgur.com
photobucket.com
tinypic.com
wimg.co.uk
Thank you.

Skiz
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Excellent idea. Long overdue. :)

tesco
09-11-2011, 11:15 PM
And if you have any to add to the list let us know.

anon
09-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Excellent idea. Long overdue. :)

Plus one, thanks for this :)

mjmacky
09-12-2011, 12:35 AM
So what does that mean for locally uploaded photos, they "whitelisted" as well?

anon
09-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Yes, since filesharingtalk.com is allowed.

seobyindia
02-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Thanks for so much this is a very nice image the list of Reputable image hosting a sites only image post.

mjmacky
02-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Yes, since filesharingtalk.com is allowed.

Since this thing got bumped, I couldn't help but feel to clarify my earlier question, which has long been answered. I was meaning to ask if we'd be allowed to upload from local, period. I fucked up the wording. At least that's what I think I was asking.

anon
02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for so much this is a very nice image the list of Reputable image hosting a sites only image post.

SEO by India, huh.

Since this thing got bumped, I couldn't help but feel to clarify my earlier question, which has long been answered. I was meaning to ask if we'd be allowed to upload from local, period. I fucked up the wording. At least that's what I think I was asking.

Yes, local uploading is also fine. I couldn't post some of the funny crap I have otherwise.

Snee
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Might wanna filter filehosts too while you're at it.

tesco
02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Might wanna filter filehosts too while you're at it.
Images that are filtered out are still displayed as links in posts, just doesn't load inline in the post.
It's like instead of using the [img] bbcode, you used the [url] one.

Reason being that some people log what IPs request an image file.
In the case of some torrent trackers, they use that as a way to see which of their members are viewing FST (they come across post created by the tracker admin on fst, image loads (from tracker server), tracker server logs the IP that connected, looks up if that IP exists in the tracker's db then bans the associated user for being a member at fst.

mjmacky
02-09-2012, 01:44 AM
then bans the associated user for being a member at fst.

I wouldn't want to grace a site with my presence that bans for that reason.

IdolEyes787
02-09-2012, 01:53 AM
then bans the associated user for being a member at fst.

I wouldn't want to grace a site with my presence that bans for that reason.

Basically what he said but with a "fuck them" added for emphasis.
Btw ironic isn't it that someone would stoop to such a Facist tact on a medium supposedly devoted to communication and freedom of expression.
My suggestion would be to kill the young or at least the pasty males.