PDA

View Full Version : Decent (upcoming) movies worth watching;; noobs fuck off!!!!

iLOVENZB
09-13-2011, 02:29 AM
I used to like this thead: http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/131823-What-is-the-latest-movie-you-watched-and-what-did-you-think-of-it until all them poster with <100 posts started posting their nonsense posts.

So what latest films are worth watching? Warrior looks promising but there's no Australian release date set :\ Latest 2011 film I've seen I think was Planet of the Apes way back then.

People with <100 posts please don't reply! I don't care honestly!

Shared
10-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi! not sure what type of movies you like so I thought I'de add ones I just recently watched which IMHO I thought deserved some credit. Not much coming in the way of good movies that I can see, but I'll wait.

You might want to check out:

Incedies 2010

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1255953/

Crossbow (Australian Short film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031228/

Cold Weather 2010

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1497874/

All movies above all actors played characters well. As for Warrior 2011 look forward to watching it here in Australia when it comes out.

Sorry I am a noob :D

iLOVENZB
10-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Some of those do sound interesting. The reason I don't really like <100 post members is they usually post utter shit to get access to the invite section.

Warrior is coming out here on the 27th Oct. Should be interesting.

IdolEyes787
10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I thought Warriors would be total shite but thankfully no one from either the UFC of the WWE is involved and it's actually really good and that's even though I basicaslly have hated Nick Nolte in anything else he's doen in the last two decades.
Gotten uniformly very good reviews (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1212910-warrior/) too.

And this point I'd like to add this is what maddens me ( among other things) about movie piracy .The idiots have like fifty different encodes of Abduction out within two hours of that stupidity being released but when anything quality actually comes along they're off playing with themselves somewhere.

Other than that http://www.imdb.com/movies-coming-soon/

iLOVENZB
10-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Meh, critics' reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. I haven't seen Drive but it's highly rated on both IMDb and RT and I've only heard terrible things about it. They review kids and comedy films poorly and seem to give props for creative cinematography and plots,,,, even if they're a borefest ---- I'm looking at you Tarentino, specifically Inglorious Basterds.

That coming soon imdb link depresses me. What a slow year (October '11 mainly) is. Footloose, are you serious?

The concept of Anonymous looked interesting but I've already seen the trailer so there's really no point. Also the director was responsible for this decades most abhorrent projects (2012, 10,000 BC, Day After Tomorrow)

IdolEyes787
10-09-2011, 02:01 AM
That coming soon imdb link depresses me. What a slow year (October '11 mainly) is. Footloose, are you serious?

Thing is a movie like Footloose could work back in the day before Scream and Juno and everything else where everyone suddenly became so self aware and cynical. Nowadays attempting the same thing is just foolish .You can't play it straight irony-free or it comes off as too utterly lame for words and since presently a movie like that is basically a joke to begin with turning into a parody also doesn't really work.

That said going just by the trailers the one that screams "bad idea" is the yet another Three Musketeers remake.

Rum Diaries has got to good though doesn't it?:unsure:

Artemis
10-09-2011, 02:23 AM
Rum Diaries has got to good though doesn't it?:unsure:

I will be deeply angered to the point of considering firebombing, if the trailer for Rum Diaries follows the latest trend and shows a microcosm of the film (using the best scenes) leaving only the filler scenes and inconsequential minutae to bore me. Also sacrilege of sacrilege, but haven't Johnny Depp movies in general sucked quite a bit of late ?

IdolEyes787
10-09-2011, 02:29 AM
If I was insane enough to have bet someone 15 years ago that Brad Pitt would end up a better actor than Johnny Depp I'd be rich right now.

mjmacky
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
If I was insane enough to have bet someone 15 years ago that Brad Pitt would end up a better actor than Johnny Depp I'd be rich right now.

Specifically, are you bankrollorbing Depp? I'm usually never enamored by Depp's performances, with Scissorhands being the exception.

IdolEyes787
10-09-2011, 02:26 PM
The problem with Depp is that he always looks like he's acting . Brad Pitt on the other hand went through a long period of trying to play against type which is fine if one doesn't try to make a career of it.
Once he got over that and just loosened up a bit he's gotten ,Troy aside :sick:, progressively better.Or at least less irritating and more believable.

I see that Pitt's currently filming World War Z.There seems to be a batch of end of the World/zombie movies coming out in the near future.
Having read the book,I'm sort of looking forward to Warm Bodies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588173/) .........maybe.

mjmacky
10-09-2011, 03:52 PM
I see that Pitt's currently filming World War Z.

I guess you were on Pitt's imdb page for the same reason I was (to answer the question, "did he ever play a role that left an impression on me"? The answer was no for any films predating this year).

Anyways, on to my point. I also spotted World War Z and having heard a mentioning once before, dismissed it as part of my condemned list. It can only be respectfully made as a TV series, or movie series. Making 'a' film based on this book is ridiculously preposterous, either most of it gets tossed or at least treated poorly due to the restrictions of the format. Or they can try to cram it all in and make a jumbled mess of a film.

About the surge of the zombie/apocalypse genre... in spite of the debunking mechanisms used to demonstrate that the newer generations are "smarter" than the previous (as opposed to the common belief that the entire world population is growing more retarded), I think the increasing popularity of the genre is a reflection of the frustration we've been subject to while interacting with the duller population. Their cerebral mass seems to solely focus on primal and simple matters, and we would like to kill all of them, we desire that fantasy of open conflict with the multitudes of the brain dysfunctionals

IdolEyes787
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
And I thought it had something to be with being relatively cheap to produce and a pretty safe bet to get a distribution deal and turn a profit.

As to Pitt and I'm hardly a fan but Kalifornia,Se7en,Fight Club,Babel,Snatch. Do any of those ring a bell, or are you of the belief that he is just a bland ,limited actor who because of star power happens to have the good fortune to be cast in interesting movies with good scripts and better actors who make up for a lot of his shortcomings?

An arguable point but then without something to work with you get Philip Seymour Hoffman in Mission Impossible 3 or Tim Roth in Planet of the Apes.:mellow:

Artemis
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
You forgot 12 Monkeys Idol, BP was a frickin awesome nutter in 12 Monkeys.

IdolEyes787
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
He was acting? After he married Jennifer Aniston I just assumed that he really was insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuireoKBiC0

mjmacky
10-10-2011, 12:31 AM
You forgot 12 Monkeys Idol, BP was a frickin awesome nutter in 12 Monkeys.

I was not impressed at all with his psychosis acting in that one. With the other movies Idol noted, I was left with no special impression about him either way. I would throw him more kudos for his roles in The Mexican and Burn After Reading only because they felt natural.

Am I just a persistent cynic? Not entirely. Examples, Eckhart's roles in Thank You for Smoking and Meet Bill, Ray Stevenson's role in Kill the Irishman, Wahlberg's role in I <3 Huckabees all made me think, that was some fucking amazing acting. I mean there's more, like any role Alan Rickman does. Fuck I wish I could remember more, but that'd probably be boring at any rate.

Artemis
10-10-2011, 03:44 AM
I think you truly missed the point of Brad Pitt's 'act' in his acting in 12 Monkeys. He was meant to act insane to hide from Dad, the insanity was just believable enough for an uncaring state hospital, but was still an obviously fake, I would class it as more Schizophrenia than Psychosis complete with listening to imaginary voices, insanity. The character was driven to lash out and be an embarrassment to his father and the establishment, and he chose to act mad to achieve this aim.

He also was driven to destroy the very establishment that his father was apart of, and by hiding out in a mental hospital, he was able to achieve his aims, while not being watched or guarded, something that would have undoubtably happened had they not believed that he was suitably restrained and sedated.

mjmacky
10-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I think you truly missed the point of Brad Pitt's 'act' in his acting in 12 Monkeys.

No, I got the point, it just didn't leave any impression on me.

Shared
10-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Lmao mjmackey...very entertaining post

mjmacky
10-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Which one? For the post I made just before yours was so boring, I actually though skiz posted it.

Now I feel all out of sorts with myself. Maybe skiz is right, maybe being myself is bad for the board and bad for all of society, I should change my entire personality. Maybe I should just give up being me, and become a dull, dumb fucking tool.

IdolEyes787
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Which one? For the post I made just before yours was so boring, I actually though skiz posted it.

Now I feel all out of sorts with myself. Maybe skiz is right, maybe being myself is bad for the board and bad for all of society, I should change my entire personality. Maybe I should just give up being me, and become a dull, dumb fucking tool.

If you have any aspirations of furthering yourself in the bt world then you need to get with the program.
As a public service to you a short primer:

Be pleasant even if on the inside you are thinking "Where's an AK-47 when I really need one?"
Avoid controversy or even disagreement as that will label you as a troublemaker and then no one will want to play with you at recess.
Get a seedbox, even if financially it makes no sense.Preferably something very large and very fast so that you can hop on any new or popular torrent and seed the fuck out of it at the expense of everyone else to increase your upload/ratio to ridiculous heights.Once upload speed drops don't be timid in deleting the torrent as job done an anyone else now can go seriously fuck themselves*.
*Another form of this is known as cross seeding -see previous "everyone else can go fuck themselves". Higher user classes aren't for the merciful.
Learn the important terms like "HD","encode","Flac" ,"release groups" as these things are clearly of paramount importance and never forget to look down your nose at anyone you doesn't get that .

On the other hand things that aren't important and many even detrimental to bt ascendancy.

Sincerity.
A sense of humour.
Maturity.
Grammar.
Caring/using/appreciating anything you actually download.

mjmacky
10-13-2011, 01:07 PM

If you have any aspirations of furthering yourself in the bt world then you need to get with the program.

Very incitefull advice (redacted out of quote for purposes of aesthetic brevity). However, I don't know if I want to move up in the bt world for a couple of reasons. Primarily, I only enjoy a very small percentage of the movies that exist. Maybe even more importantly, my nazi overlord hasn't instructed me to aspire for higher userclasses, i.e. a bigger belt buckle.

Startear
10-13-2011, 04:03 PM
The only movie I found interesting this year is Season of The Witch, so I don't expect much from upcoming movies. New Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows will probably be interesting, as well as J. Edgar. Other than those movies, none suit my taste.

IdolEyes787
10-13-2011, 04:17 PM
The only movie I found interesting this year is Season of The Witch........... Other than those movies, none suit my taste.

Or apparent lack thereof.

Startear
10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
could be