PDA

View Full Version : General consensus of >1 minute trailers

iLOVENZB
09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
They tell the whole plot :shutup:

megabyteme
09-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Agreed. If I get interested in a movie, I try to read/watch as little as I can about it. It is disappointing that so many movies can be ruined with just a word, or two.

It was his sled. They were eating ground up people. He was dead/a ghost. He was in the ruins of future NY. She had the power to go home all along.

However, the good ones still hold up once spoiled, or previously seen.

Mr. Mulder
09-14-2011, 07:31 AM
wurd to that, home slices.

i remember looking forward to that film The Crazies and the trailer for that was the entire film from start to end in lyke two minutes. they even show the two main characters driving away from the blast which is the ending to the film ffs!

spoilers above.

http://youtu.be/J7w9uWFIMBs

mjmacky
09-14-2011, 11:04 AM
However, the good ones still hold up once spoiled, or previously seen.

You mean like:
Verbal Kint is Keyser Söze

thebazzla
09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
i tend to not watch trailers these days as they totally ruin a film for me.
far too many times i have watched a trailer and thought there is lots of action going on and when i have seen the film it was a total letdown.

Glod
09-14-2011, 05:30 PM
far too many times i have watched a trailer and thought there is lots of action going on and when i have seen the film it was a total letdown.

Likewise. Trailers inevitably portray films in the best possible light, and that generally leads to spoilers or a peek at some of the action. Thankfully, I don't want much television these days, so if I do see a trailer, it's by choice at Youtube. Most of the time, I prefer glazing over the Wiki description to obtain a general idea of the film's content, but nothing else.

harrydresden
09-14-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_HYwmEi_k

Artemis
09-17-2011, 10:52 PM

The prime example I can think of is 'The Tourist' except for the supposed 'twist' at the end which was like being hit with a wet bus ticket, the entire movie was encapsulated in the trailer, and yes boys and girls the movie sucked hard.

Something Else
09-19-2011, 06:32 PM

The prime example I can think of is 'The Tourist' except for the supposed 'twist' at the end which was like being hit with a wet bus ticket, the entire movie was encapsulated in the trailer, and yes boys and girls the movie sucked hard.

It didn't suck hard enough for my liking. :naughty: