PDA

View Full Version : Sony asks gamers to sign new terms or face PSN ban ... is this real?

Sporkk
09-16-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14948701

Looks like its time to sell my ps3. Already sold my 360 because I refuse to pay for live

teflon05
09-16-2011, 03:30 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with paying for on line services. It's about lawsuits:

The new clauses, dubbed "Binding Individual Arbitration," state that "any Dispute Resolution Proceedings, whether in arbitration or court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class or representative action or as a named or unnamed member in a class, consolidated, representative or private attorney general action".

Gamers will now have to try to resolve any legal issues with an arbitrator picked by Sony, before being able to file a lawsuit.

Those that want to opt out will have to send a letter to Sony's Los Angeles headquarters in the US.
Once they do, the subscribers will be able to keep their right to file a class action lawsuit without any need for arbitration.
But before subscribers have a chance to opt out, they will still be required to agree to the new terms the next time they log into their accounts.
Otherwise they will not be able to use the online services.

Sporkk
09-16-2011, 09:27 PM
I know but I was meaning that I got rid of my 360 because of a live fee and now I want to get rid of my ps3 because of this. Its not that I would ever sue them but this is their way of completely diverting responsibility from themselves. They can say well we did the best we could and can't help that we were hacked when they do stuff like not encrypting personal info. I'm sure that has changed but again it gives them a free pass to not be motivated in fixing security issues.

It doesn't have anything to do with paying for on line services. It's about lawsuits:

Frankthetank1
09-17-2011, 02:25 AM
i think you need to get over yourself..

I know but I was meaning that I got rid of my 360 because of a live fee and now I want to get rid of my ps3 because of this. Its not that I would ever sue them but this is their way of completely diverting responsibility from themselves. They can say well we did the best we could and can't help that we were hacked when they do stuff like not encrypting personal info. I'm sure that has changed but again it gives them a free pass to not be motivated in fixing security issues.

Sporkk
09-17-2011, 03:55 AM

Maybe

I guess no one is any wiser after having their private info ripped from a negligent company. The fine print matters.

Edit: Maybe I do over react about certain things. I don't think I will get rid of my ps3 but I certainly won't allow them or microsoft to keep a cc on file. The point cards are the way to go.

mr. nails
09-17-2011, 04:46 AM
i'm glad my console of choice is the PC. lol, 2day's consoles.

Sporkk
09-17-2011, 04:52 AM
i'm glad my console of choice is the PC. lol, 2day's consoles.
me too! I'm a huge fan of steam and actually I think they all have similar polices in place.

teflon05
09-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Maybe

I guess no one is any wiser after having their private info ripped from a negligent company. The fine print matters.

Edit: Maybe I do over react about certain things. I don't think I will get rid of my ps3 but I certainly won't allow them or microsoft to keep a cc on file. The point cards are the way to go.

I don't think he was aiming that at you...He has a problem with me...Not that I care. Just another troll among thousands :pinch: