PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, Glod!

megabyteme
09-17-2011, 01:02 AM
I stumbled upon this user's post (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/435927-Where-do-you-draw-the-line-between-a-good-person-and-a-bad-person/page2?p=3614805#post3614805) in the Drawing Room, and was impressed with the amount of thought and insight shown. I then read through the other 20 posts (http://filesharingtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1155121) of his, and felt compelled to welcome him to the forum. I believe others will find his posts interesting, and well-expressed.

Apparently, he has (according to one of his earlier posts) been reading the forum for some time, but has not joined until 9/14.

Welcome, Glod, glad you decided to join in! Care to give some details of your background, and such?

Artemis
09-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Awwwww......manlove, aint it special:inlove:

kallieb
09-17-2011, 01:35 AM
Seriously? In the lounge?

/me sits back to watch a potential train wreck unfold........

megabyteme
09-17-2011, 02:12 AM

Yeah, yeah. I expected at least as much. However, when was the last time we had a new member (or old one) make 21 non-spam posts in a row? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
09-17-2011, 02:49 AM

Yeah, yeah. I expected at least as much. However, when was the last time we had a new member (or old one) make 21 non-spam posts in a row? :unsure:

If I wanted serious I'd hang out in a hospital.

JPaul
09-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I would have thought this would have been more appropriate to the Dining Room itself.

Something Else
09-17-2011, 03:17 PM
With a candlestick, and some lube. No less.

megabyteme
09-17-2011, 03:23 PM

If I wanted serious I'd hang out in a hospital.

It's more like this kind, really...

http://i53.tinypic.com/2emhbar.jpg

JPaul
09-17-2011, 04:52 PM
With a candlestick, and some lube. No less.

I was thinking Inspector Plumb with the iron tube.

Glod
09-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I didn't expect a thread to be created, but it's nice to know that you appreciated some of the posts. I try to add value to a thread, but it is also to organize my own thoughts and practice expressing them.

No astounding background details, just a college student majoring in biology and psychology while considering grad school for cognitive science. Aside from an interest in those subjects, also file sharing in general, PC gaming, philosophy, and photography. Plenty of history on forums unrelated to trackers and BitTorrent, and I'm glad that this site features discussion in other areas, much as I've benefited from What Trackers Offer and the review section.

See you around. :)

chalice
09-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I didn't expect a thread to be created, but it's nice to know that you appreciated some of the posts. I try to add value to a thread, but it is also to organize my own thoughts and practice expressing them.

No astounding background details, just a college student majoring in biology and psychology while considering grad school for cognitive science. Aside from an interest in those subjects, also file sharing in general, PC gaming, philosophy, and photography. Plenty of history on forums unrelated to trackers and BitTorrent, and I'm glad that this site features discussion in other areas, much as I've benefited from What Trackers Offer and the review section.

See you around. :)

Glod, what do you think would happen, in your personal, sacred opinion, if I were to call you a cunt?

chalice
09-17-2011, 10:12 PM
No answer from Glod.

Oh Glod, why have you forsaken me, you cunt.

OlegL
09-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the forums, Glod!
And, chavis, I don't understand why you felt the need to write something stupid in this thread.

Artemis
09-17-2011, 10:16 PM
And, chavis, I don't understand why you felt the need to write something stupid in this thread.

It's the lounge fucknuts, all is fair game here in loungey land, including you, you fotze.

thebazzla
09-17-2011, 10:23 PM
i think the time to worry is when chavis doesn't call you a **** and i have to agree with Artemis if you post in here it aint going to be all sweetness and nice..

chalice
09-17-2011, 10:31 PM

It's alright. Be still and know that I am Glod.

Artemis
09-17-2011, 10:40 PM
.....And the lounge was with out form and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Glod moved upon the face of the waters.
And Glod said let there be light: and there was light.

thebazzla
09-17-2011, 10:43 PM
.....And the lounge was with out form and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Glod moved upon the face of the waters.
And Glod said let there be light: and there was light.that was very moving Artemis.

chalice
09-17-2011, 10:45 PM
If Glod had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah Glod is great yeah yeah Glod is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if Glod was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

If Glod had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jebus and the saints and all the prophets

And yeah yeah glod is great yeah yeah glod is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if Glod was one of us
He's trying to make his way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

And yeah yeah Glod is great yeah yeah Glod is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if glod was one of us
Just trying to make his way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to heaven all alone
Just trying to make his way home
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

chalice
09-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I also have it on good authority that Glod gave rock and roll to you and that Glod saves the queen. Glod knows why.

thebazzla
09-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I also have it on good authority that Glod gave rock and roll to you and that Glod saves the queen. Glod knows why.i wish i had a pound for everytime you said Glod.

Artemis
09-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Ah well Kallie, it took awhile, but Glod it's funny:naughty:

chalice
09-17-2011, 11:00 PM
I always knew Glod was a woman.

thebazzla
09-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Glod almighty

chalice
09-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Glod is dead.

Artemis
09-17-2011, 11:17 PM
He's not dead, he's just sleeping, if it weren't for those nails, he would muscle up to those bars and voooom he'd be off!

Artemis
09-17-2011, 11:18 PM
He's pining for the fjords

chalice
09-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Aren't we all. Fjord Prefect? My Sweet Fjord?

chalice
09-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Fuck you, MBM, you're a false prophet. The coming of Glod to this place has brought naught but misery.

Where is your Glod now?

chalice
09-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Glodfinger, he's the man. The man with the Midas touch.

megabyteme
09-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Fuck you, MBM, you're a false prophet. The coming of Glod to this place has brought naught but misery.

Where is your Glod now?

Fuck you and all you doubters! I still believe in Glod!

chalice
09-18-2011, 01:11 AM

Where is your Glod now?

Fuck you and all you doubters! I still believe in Glod!

I think it was unfair of you to hone in on this person in the lounge. You know what the lounge is like. You know what I'm like.

Why did you do it?

megabyteme
09-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Actually liked his posts. Figured either he would post, or it would act as blood in shark infested waters and you would attack. Either way, seemed like good thread potential. Win/Win. :happy:

chalice
09-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Actually liked his posts. Figured either he would post, or it would act as blood in shark infested waters and you would attack. Either way, seemed like good thread potential. Win/Win. :happy:

Oh. That explains it then.

There was me thinking you were just being a blundering, credibility destroying bucket-mouth cunt as usual.

Turns out you had that innocent stranger's best interests at heart. Well that's a relief.

Glod, MBM is your friend. Run. Run away.

mjmacky
09-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Probably just wants to see how the bleing who does not exist behaves in a lounge environment.

chalice
09-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Probably just wants to see how the bleing who does not exist behaves in a lounge environment.

I don't think glod is quite ready for the lounge. His post history speaks of wooden-toyed, idyllic oblivion. A child thrust by a fat, yes fat, I've seen the photographs, beastmaster into the pit.

MBM is the top half of Masterblaster only uglier, shorter, fatter and more cowardly. What a cunt.

megabyteme
09-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Only further proving the Lounge is a Glodforsaken land.

JPaul
09-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Glod is an anagram of Dlog.

Fact.

Glod is also the supreme bling.

True Story

Glod
09-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Glod is not dead, and I can handle myself just fine in an inhospitable lounge environment, thanks to regularly perusing the bowels of the internet and its many ulcerous, troll-infested forums. The wordplay has been amusing to read through. :happy:

JPaul
09-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Basically you are saying Glod is watching us ... from a distance.

mjmacky
09-18-2011, 08:39 PM
When are you going to open up a prayer giveaway thread Glod? There's lot's of needy limited folk on here not getting their dreams fulfilled.

NotLettingItGo
09-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Good Glod man... give him a chance... he's only been here a few minutes and you're all demanding his attention... no wonder the poor fuckers been in hiding for 2000 years, if this is how demanding all you Glod botherers are.

IdolEyes787
09-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I read what he had to say about Spartacus:Blood and Sand and I declare him to be a false Glod.

megabyteme
09-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Glod created man in his own image. Who is to say that is not a muscle-bound, leather-clad, gladiator type with homoerotic tendencies? :idunno:

NotLettingItGo
09-19-2011, 03:34 PM
A bit like mjmacky, you mean?

megabyteme
09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I said muscle-bound...

NotLettingItGo
09-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Aha! Like when his wife pins him down, and beats on him, you mean?

mjmacky
09-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Aha! Like when his wife pins him down, and beats on him, you mean?

Sadly, the physical image of that scenario only happens in movies and TV shows.

NotLettingItGo
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
You're not fooling MBM with that one, you know... he's a man of the world... he can read between the lines of your wife beating tales.

mjmacky
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
You have to pick one reject. Am I beating my wife or she is beating me? Or are we pro wrestling superstars/UFC reality show contestants that just beat on each other all the time? You seem a little fickle on the subject.

megabyteme
09-19-2011, 05:56 PM
You have to pick one reject. Am I beating my wife or she is beating me? Or are we pro wrestling superstars/UFC reality show contestants that just beat on each other all the time? You seem a little fickle on the subject.

Am I the only one who would pay to see that? Ofc, it would all be a staged ploy, and you would both simultaneously pummel reject. :01:

mjmacky
09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
and you would both simultaneously pummel reject. :01:

I'm pretty sure she could accomplish that single handedly, all 5'1" 110 lbs of her (sorry metric users, it means she's tiny and reject would still get pummeled).

NotLettingItGo
09-19-2011, 06:44 PM

Oh! I know you're beating her... I've read your posts and seen you say it... but MBM thinks you're in denial, and that it's really your wife who keeps you in your place with the odd good beating... and you're not helping your case with posts like this...

I'm pretty sure she could accomplish that single handedly, all 5'1" 110 lbs of her (sorry metric users, it means she's tiny and reject would still get pummeled).

mjmacky
09-19-2011, 06:56 PM
I would try to make sense of that, but it looks like Glod miswired your circuits, sorry for your raw deal.

Artemis
09-21-2011, 09:03 PM
I prayed to Glod for a bicycle, but then I realised that Glod doesn't work like that. So, I stole a bicycle and prayed to Glod for forgiveness.

mjmacky
09-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Christianity loopholes, Glod has nothing on a lawyer

IdolEyes787
09-21-2011, 11:09 PM
So has Glod left the building?

NotLettingItGo
09-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I warned you all... I said it... you've all scared the poor sod back into hiding... 2000 years he's been hiding away... and when he finally summons up the courage to peep over the parapet you fuckers jumped on him... demanding his attention... he'll probably never recover from this you realise... you've probably driven him to suicide... that's what you evil fuckers have done... you pushed him so far that he's probably fucked off to try and top himself... he'll be at it for eternity now... poor fucking immortal sod, tortured by a bunch of demanding cunts in to a perpetual state of attempting suicide... I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

megabyteme
09-22-2011, 12:10 AM
He'll be back in a week. Granted, Glod days are a bit longer than human days.

mjmacky
09-22-2011, 12:18 AM
I warned you all... I said it... you've all scared the poor sod back into hiding... 2000 years he's been hiding away... and when he finally summons up the courage to peep over the parapet you fuckers jumped on him... demanding his attention... he'll probably never recover from this you realise... you've probably driven him to suicide... that's what you evil fuckers have done... you pushed him so far that he's probably fucked off to try and top himself... he'll be at it for eternity now... poor fucking immortal sod, tortured by a bunch of demanding cunts in to a perpetual state of attempting suicide... I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

Glod isn't gone, and he can handle himself just fine in an inhospitable lounge environment. He's been perusing our bowels regularly. He said so himself. You just don't understand Glod.

Here is his word and testament:

Glod is not dead, and I can handle myself just fine in an inhospitable lounge environment, thanks to regularly perusing the bowels of the internet and its many ulcerous, troll-infested forums. The wordplay has been amusing to read through. :happy:

megabyteme
09-22-2011, 12:25 AM
He's been perusing our bowels regularly. He said so himself.

Talk about all-knowing... :O

Sometimes omnipresence has got to have its downside. :yikes:

mjmacky
09-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Glod does freely what normal folks expect to paid > $300k/yr (http://www1.salary.com/Physician-Gastroenterology-salary.html) to do. That's what makes Glod great. How great? Slave great!

megabyteme
09-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Lemmiwinks great!

mjmacky
09-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Oh jesus, jesus chriiist

megabyteme
09-22-2011, 02:06 AM
The skeleton resurrects three days later, so it has a happy ending. :)

NotLettingItGo
09-23-2011, 04:14 PM
He's not come back... maybe he was successful in the suicide attempt you all drove him to... maybe you killed Glod... you're going to be in so much trouble.... all the Glod botherers from all them different Glod bothering sects are going to come and hunt you down for what you did to their beloved Glod... I'd hide if I were you.

megabyteme
09-23-2011, 04:18 PM
He's not come back... maybe he was successful in the suicide attempt you all drove him to... maybe you killed Glod... you're going to be in so much trouble.... all the Glod botherers from all them different Glod bothering sects are going to come and hunt you down for what you did to their beloved Glod... I'd hide if I were you.

Oh, yeah! If they want to find me, here's my email...rejectOfAllah@gmaledotcom . Bring it on you religious sissies! :fist:

NotLettingItGo
09-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Do me a favour... edit that and remove my email address from it.

Cheers.

megabyteme
09-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I take it you've seen Red State, then... :D

NotLettingItGo
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Cheers for that :-D

Yeah, Americans are a real worry at times... their own worst enemies... in the name of entertainment they set about developing so many new methods for bringing about death and destruction... and everyone watches and the nutters of the world think... "Oooo I hadn't thought of that..." ... next thing you know the lunatics are flying planes into things and the like...

j2k4
09-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Well, then.

Obviously he is not honored by your efforts, else he'd be cutting a membership check and asking where to send it.

Perhaps he is not cut out for duty here...being sentient, and all.

Nice to see Chavis dusted off his cunt for the occasion, though.

It doesn't get so much sun, these days...

chalice
09-23-2011, 08:53 PM

Dunno what you mean there, Kev.

Artemis
09-23-2011, 08:57 PM

You've been neglecting your duties as chief n00b twocker, you haven't called anyone a cunt for ages (apart from me that is).

thebazzla
09-23-2011, 09:12 PM

You've been neglecting your duties as chief n00b twocker, you haven't called anyone a cunt for ages (apart from me that is).i will have to correct you there Artemis he called me one the other day....

Artemis
09-23-2011, 09:17 PM
You've been neglecting your duties as chief n00b twocker, you haven't called anyone a cunt for ages (apart from me that is).i will have to correct you there Artemis he called me one the other day....

In my case I sort of need a clicker counter to keep up, must have something to do with my lovable and affable personality.

chalice
09-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Personally, I'm pretty sure that it's more to do with the incredible influx of spastics who seem to proliferate in my absence.

thebazzla
09-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Personally, I'm pretty sure that it's more to do with the incredible influx of spastics who seem to proliferate in my absence.that is the first sensible answer i have seen of yous.....are you feeling ok.

chalice
09-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Personally, I'm pretty sure that it's more to do with the incredible influx of spastics who seem to proliferate in my absence.that is the first sensible answer i have seen of yous.....are you feeling ok.

All my posts are sensible, bazz.

Congratumafuckinglations on being brung into the bigger picture.

thebazzla
09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
well this bigger picture is now off on his hols for two weeks ole

Artemis
09-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Gaining weight are we ?

chalice
09-23-2011, 09:36 PM

I'd like to know your exact opinion of me, Bazz. Seriously. Your experience on this board is more poignant than most.

You might be an ingratiating, vapid fucking idiot, but we can always be assured that you'll always have something completely fucking useless to say.

thebazzla
09-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Gaining weight are we ?sadly yes its all these holidays you know cant get enough of them..

thebazzla
09-23-2011, 09:41 PM

I'd like to know your exact opinion of me, Bazz. Seriously. Your experience on this board is more poignant than most.

You might be an ingratiating, vapid fucking idiot, but we can always be assured that you'll always have something completely fucking useless to say.i would like to say that you are charming .witty and funny but then i would be talking utter nonsensical claptrap

j2k4
09-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Well, then.

Obviously he is not honored by your efforts, else he'd be cutting a membership check and asking where to send it.

Perhaps he is not cut out for duty here...being sentient, and all.

It doesn't get so much sun, these days...

As Artemis has already mentioned, you've ignored the custodial aspects of your role here for quite some time, and, as you yourself note:

Personally, I'm pretty sure that it's more to do with the incredible influx of spastics who seem to proliferate in my absence.

It is down to your sheer laziness, you see.

chalice
09-23-2011, 10:00 PM
There's no-one left to kill, Kevin.

j2k4
09-23-2011, 10:34 PM

Truly?

I've missed most of the slide, my attendance has been so thin hereabout.

No more gratuitous slaughter of the ignorant innocents - how sad, how very very sad.

chalice
09-23-2011, 10:39 PM

Truly?

No more gratuitous slaughter of the ignorant innocents - how sad, how very very sad.

It smacks too much of ancient Romance. It's a bit gritty now. Been done. Friday night nostalgia. Wank.

Nice, I'm sure, for spectators such as you.

j2k4
09-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Truly?

It smacks too much of ancient Romance. It's a bit gritty now. Been done. Friday night nostalgia. Wank.

Good call, actually.

I'd bat them around a bit and make 'em cry, but I never had your off-hand blood-lust.

You would barge in and I would watch in awe.

Not really, I just couldn't type from laughing.

You know, I am so beset by nostalgia at times it is morbid.

chalice
09-23-2011, 11:09 PM

Good call, actually.

I'd bat them around a bit and make 'em cry, but I never had your off-hand blood-lust.

Much as I love you, Kev, I recognise your retirement.

Your medium is the prolonged letter-page involvement.

Mine is the 21st Century.

Good luck with your protracted demise and all that.

j2k4
09-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Good call, actually.

No retirement for me, thanks - I've just mellowed.

My "protracted demise"...I like that.

See? Morbid.

Maybe it's because now I must wear glasses.

Oh, you know what.

Missus J and I have played in the local boy/girl pool league for centuries; I was King Slate around here for eons, and she's pretty good in her own right - we used to win top couple every year, but not in several years.

Last year was first year with the glasses, and we're back on top again.

Never underestimate the advantage of a good lens, I've always said. :)

chalice
09-24-2011, 01:39 AM

No retirement for me, thanks - I've just mellowed.

My "protracted demise"...I like that.

See? Morbid.

Maybe it's because now I must wear glasses.

Oh, you know what.

Missus J and I have played in the local boy/girl pool league for centuries; I was King Slate around here for eons, and she's pretty good in her own right - we used to win top couple every year, but not in several years.

Last year was first year with the glasses, and we're back on top again.

Never underestimate the advantage of a good lens, I've always said. :)

You've always both been the model of middle-class success. In a good way. Reassuring longevity there. However...

What is the word for 'self-cannibalism'? I knows it, but I'm too wopped.

j2k4
09-24-2011, 01:50 AM

Must be autosarcophagy, eh?

chalice
09-24-2011, 01:54 AM

Must be autosarcophagy, eh?

Noice.

If it's not, it should be.

Something Else
10-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I've noticed some new graffiti in my area. Someone has been writing GLOD, with an A in the O. Some kind of hipanarchy, or something else.

Artemis
10-20-2011, 08:07 PM
I've noticed some new graffiti in my area. Someone has been writing GLOD, with an A in the O. Some kind of hipanarchy, or something else.

You should reply in flouro paint 'please glod make it stop!' .