PDA

View Full Version : Wierd laptop problem

cibu
09-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Hello everyone . I have an Acer Aspire 5742G , I've had it since Christmas , last year . Recently I noticed something wrong with it .
On the power button ( the button I press in order to start up the laptop ) there is an blue LED button . Now normally that LED is supposed to be on , but I just realised that it's not . I don't know exactly how long I've had this problem ( I can say for sure that at the start of this summer the LED was working ) but now it's not .

What does that mean ? Is it something serious or is it just .... I don't know the light broken on it ? Does anyone know ? Please tell me if so !

Oh and btw , I don't know if this will help but for the last 2-3 months I haven't really turned my laptop on/off , I just closed the top half and it went into sleep mode or wathever . I only turned it off for max. 5 times . Can that be the problem ?

anon
09-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Considering the computer seems to run, maybe the LED just broke for whatever reason. The lights in my desktop PC's power button have been dead for years now. :idunno:

Artemis
09-18-2011, 07:02 AM
It is unusual for an LED to fail, but it does happen. As for the rest of the laptop Cibu, if it's working don't fix it.

markose
09-18-2011, 07:33 AM
get a new one?.

cibu
09-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Okay then , I guess it just the stupid Led's fault .

ItsFixed
11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you for given me such wonderful information.

Artemis
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Thank you for given me such wonderful information.

You know every time you post you simply confirm that dumb people can have slick websites too.....

Chewie
11-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Thank you for given me such wonderful information.What certificates do you have? I'm guessing English isn't one of them.

mjmacky
01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I have no idea.

Funny how all your other posts seem to say the same thing using different words.

BitMan55
02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
i think that it's normal

also take it for maintanance

Snee
04-17-2012, 06:41 PM
I have no idea.

Funny how all your other posts seem to say the same thing using different words.

i think that it's normal

also take him to get fixed

zot
04-18-2012, 01:19 AM
This is a very common problem due to the laptops gfx card is overheating or usually a main board problem, if its still under warranty id call toshiba up and have a word with them and take it in..

I found a workaround for that kind of overheating problem: do something that is processor-intensive. The fan will run more, and therefore keep the card cooler. My laptop only overheats (and crashes) when it is sitting there doing nothing.

CyberCitizen
04-18-2012, 03:59 AM
Clone The Drive, Wipe Contents & Return Under Warranty For Replacement.

ckrit
04-18-2012, 06:44 AM
This is a very common problem due to the laptops gfx card is overheating or usually a main board problem, if its still under warranty id call toshiba up and have a word with them and take it in..

I totally agree.

Call Toshiba and have them fix that Acer. It's definitely a safer bet than contacting Acer.

Chewie
04-24-2012, 11:51 PM
This is a very common problem due to the laptops gfx card is overheating or usually a main board problem, if its still under warranty id call toshiba up and have a word with them and take it in..I found a workaround for that kind of overheating problem: do something that is processor-intensive. The fan will run more, and therefore keep the card cooler. My laptop only overheats (and crashes) when it is sitting there doing nothing.
There was a problem with the GPU overheating and causing dry solder joints. Common fix would be to reflow that section of the board.
As for your own overheating... clean it out with a compressed air can or, even better, take it apart and thoroughly clean the fan and heatsinks. Usual caveats apply when you rummage around inside something electrical.