PDA

View Full Version : bittorrent proxy service

badgerbadger77
09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
I've recently decided that I'm going to start downloading more movies/TV shows via bittorrent (thanks Netflix for the price raise!), but I am concerned about getting a letter in the mail from the RIAA/MPAA. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good proxy service to use that is cheap/free, minimally slow down my download/uploads, and most importantly, never trace back to me? My initial good searches brought up BTGuard, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinion. Thanks!

anon
09-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Proxies = not connectable.

What you want is a VPN which has port forwarding or dedicated IPs.

badgerbadger77
09-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh, thanks, I didn't realize that I couldn't be a seeder if I'm connected through a proxy (makes sense though). Any suggestions for a good VPN site then?

dragosd90
09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
proxy.org

anon
09-24-2011, 09:35 PM
proxy.org

:slap:

badgerbadger77, I have no personal suggestions for you. All I've ever tried is Real-VPN, a free service which has port forwarding and only allows P2P on the Netherlands server. And it's not very fast.

My advice is to either wait for other FST users to post, or look for feedback via Google. Be careful with the latter as sites and people are often paid to say good things about this or that service.

cibu
09-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I use Spicevpn.com . try them , they're really cheap and you can pay with easy via a credit card .

badgerbadger77
09-25-2011, 01:56 PM
anon, I'll have to check out Real-VPN. Free sounds pretty great! What kind of speeds do you see with that service? I guess I'd be willing to pay a few bucks a month to get fast service...

spicevpn seems fairly expensive... $20 a month for unlimited access and $25 with a static IP. Is that the usual price out there for VPN services? BTGuard has a VPN service available, and that only costs $10 a month (of course, I'd like someone here to vouch for them).

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

anon
09-26-2011, 12:54 AM
anon, I'll have to check out Real-VPN. Free sounds pretty great! What kind of speeds do you see with that service? I guess I'd be willing to pay a few bucks a month to get fast service...

Speeds aren't good, really. I get 1/3rd of the usual in both directions, i.e. 100kB/s down and 20 up. It's okay for a free service, but you'll probably want something better than that.

mjmacky
09-26-2011, 06:01 AM
If price is the most important, take a look at seedboxes as well. I guess you could compare both and see which one pans out for the best price. In case you don't know, a seedbox works differently, as all your torrenting occurs on a remote server, and you use an FTP connection to download from (or upload to) the seedbox. It's also a safe way to torrent, and there won't be constant traffic on your ISP network.

Cut-Copy-Paste
09-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Xirvik offer vpn service for 8$. Although in FAQ they restricted p2p Activity i have used it for 2 months without any problem. Speed were decent. I got 200/40 kBps on 2mbps/512kbps line. Although rarely server was causing 1s + ping.

ipredator by TPB is something u can also look. 15$ for 3 months is kinda nice. Havent tried myself.

badgerbadger77
09-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all of your suggestions! I'll check them all out and see what best works for me.

Anyone had experience with BTGuard? The reason why I ask is because it is one of the first hits on Google, but without anyone recommending it it makes me kind of weary.