PDA

View Full Version : 4 points on my driving license

mjmacky
09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
So I happen to be driving through Texas and got pulled over by Texan highway patrol. He didn't say anything, just took my license and came back and said I have an infraction worth 4 points. I didn't even get the, "you know why I pulled you over, son" introduction. Well, since he was a patrolman of few words due to his limited capacity to generate them, I inquired what exactly I did wrong. He bent down, spit on his boot and polished it with his jizz rag, removed his funny looking hat and said, "I was watching the way you drive, and I just don't like it".

You know, I've had OK experiences with some city cops, none but 1 sheriff, and never with highway patrol. What is it with Texan highway patrol anyway?

chalice
09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
That was me.

mjmacky
09-24-2011, 05:20 PM
That was me.

I doubt it, I imagine you don't have the reservation to keep your jizz contained on fabric

IdolEyes787
09-24-2011, 05:20 PM
That was me.

Hard to believe since I don't remember mjmacky mentioning that the officer used the word "cunt".

megabyteme
09-25-2011, 01:24 AM
What is it with Texan highway patrol anyway?

I imagine you were giving off that "I'm working on a PhD" vibe in an area where they would pronounce the initials as a word. :mellow:

Alien5
09-25-2011, 04:23 AM
Maybe it was a case of, "I noticed you're not from Texas, and I just don't like it".

kallieb
09-25-2011, 04:27 AM
Since hijacking threads it de rigueur here in the lounge......

Hey Alien5! It's been a long time. Nice to hear from you :)

Alien5
09-25-2011, 04:50 AM
Hey kallieb :wave: thank you, i have been reading your posts, not just your posts but everyone's :lol: i just haven't been able to login for a while.

mjmacky
09-25-2011, 07:41 AM

I imagine you were giving off that "I'm working on a PhD" vibe in an area where they would pronounce the initials as a word. :mellow:

You mean he had the intellect of Elmer "Fudd"?

Artemis
09-25-2011, 07:56 AM

Isn't this also the home of the double banger first name (bobby-sue, jim-bob) and cow tipping ?

mjmacky
09-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Isn't this also the home of the double banger first name (bobby-sue, jim-bob) and cow tipping ?

Just assume it is, it's the home of most things one should feel ashamed of.

mjmacky
09-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Also have to remember that Texans voted Bush and Perry as their governors, on purpose. They're right at the bottom of the list for high school graduation, women voting, SAT scores and such (and just like everything else in Texas, they go big on the bottom).

I don't want to claim that nothing good has ever come out of Texas. For instance, after I entered Texas, I left it.

megabyteme
09-25-2011, 09:44 AM

You mean he had the intellect of Elmer "Fudd"?

You intellecksual types and yer faaannnceeey pronunciashuns! EVERYONE knows it's pronounced Puh-huh-D. Just like it's spelt. :cowboy:

mjmacky
09-25-2011, 09:54 AM
You intellecksual types and yer faaannnceeey pronunciashuns! EVERYONE knows it's pronounced Puh-huh-D. Just like it's spelt. :cowboy:

You dun fudg'd up now, we all ready stablisht dashes er only fer 1st names

We call em Jim-Bob after hi daddy, s'either Jim or Bob.

megabyteme
09-25-2011, 09:56 AM
You got me there. PuhHuhD is obviously a last name...Must be foreign, though, since the only ones in Texas are from out of state drivers...

mjmacky
09-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Speaking of which, most of the state should be given back to Mexico anyway.

megabyteme
09-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Speaking of which, most of the state should be given back to Mexico anyway.

Yeah, but do you really want migrant red-necks living next door to you? Somebody would have to take them all in, and I sure as heck don't want 15 ft. tall trucks blocking my view as I try to drive on the freeway. Don't even get me started on the hat-to-brain ratio... :noes:

brotherdoobie
09-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Drunkenfuckpoemwoppedwhiskeykissedwords > gerneralizedsterotypicalclichevomits, all day long.

True story.

Word.

-brotherdoobie

megabyteme
09-26-2011, 02:37 AM
I submit to you search results for "Texas truck (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=pfwc&cp=1&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=target&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=638&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=texas+trucks&pbx=1&oq=texas+truck&aq=0&aqi=g3g-m1&aql=1&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=6762l14966l0l18533l11l7l0l0l0l0l1925l2688l3.2.1.8-1l7l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1161e78990270b0a&biw=1366&bih=638)" via Google image search. :mellow:

I'll refrain from doing a similar search for their hats and brains.

brotherdoobie
09-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Where is my coat, ffs? I need fresh air.

-doobs

megabyteme
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Back On-Topic (could we get a mod to delete those posts from that Redneck Sympathizer, please) :P

You wouldn't want on of them rednecks to move into your town and take your chemist job, now would you, Macky (well, maybe that's a bad example)- but IF you had a job a Texas redneck could do at 1/4 the wage would you want him to take it from you just because we gave Texas back to the Mexicans? Heck, some Texicans are practically American.

mjmacky
09-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I currently make less than most Mexicans. I'm on par with Chineses and Indians.

Maybe a mod could just arbitrarily warn the Texan sympathizer because he is overcome by mayonnaise when reading his posts.

Artemis
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM

Maybe a mod could just arbitrarily warn the Texan sympathizer because he is overcome by mayonnaise when reading his posts.

Since the head honcho mod is a Texan, you're deeply screwed there....:shutup:

IdolEyes787
09-28-2011, 01:29 PM
To Mr. Skiz
Texas c/o FST

Re: http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1432-Apple-wants-to-talk-iPhone-on-October-4th

From a concerned citizen

It was a legitimate comment.If you and bobbinth were engaged in conversation and he replied thus ,while you might not agree ,the first thought that popped into your head wouldn't be "Gawd he's trolling me".:mellow:

mjmacky
09-29-2011, 12:40 AM

Since the head honcho mod is a Texan, you're deeply screwed there....:shutup:

I know there's a Texan mod, and he's very boring.

mjmacky
09-29-2011, 12:44 AM
To Mr. Skiz
Texas c/o FST

Re: http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1432-Apple-wants-to-talk-iPhone-on-October-4th

Not to mention that it's the comments section of a news article. It has to be one of the least read parts of this board (still probably more read than comments on NZB posts). Actually, before they fixed the vB following of article posts, I never read them.

megabyteme
09-29-2011, 08:52 PM
How else was someone supposed to comment on the fact that Apple has announced a press conference (that's news, right :unsure: ) to announce their latest product.

Option #1: Wow, that's GREAT, I want to buy one! I haven't upgraded my phone in almost 6 months...

Option #2: Who really cares? I don't like Apple, and think that their marketing and business practices suck.

The article itself creates the possible views on the subject.

mjmacky
09-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Option #3: Oh man, I can't wait to hear what they have to say!
Option #4: Durrrr, dur dur durrrr dur durrrrrrrrrrr

iLOVENZB
09-30-2011, 08:51 AM

mjmacky
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Now that I think about it, I should have went with parking ticket, since I can essentially ignore an out of state parking ticket (San Francisco can't wait to boot my wheel if I get back).

megabyteme
09-30-2011, 12:15 PM
"I was watching the way you drive park, and I just don't like it".

Fixed.

mjmacky
09-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Pulling straight into the spot in a hatchback is a big nono. This is how Texans park:

IdolEyes787
09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
That picture clearly isn't from Texas as there's no gun rack.

IdolEyes787
09-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Also to a Texan that truck is a compact.

mjmacky
09-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Also to a Texan that truck is a compact.

I believe compact in Texas means you drive a non-Suburban SUV

mjmacky
09-30-2011, 02:52 PM
All the red states are the same anyway, you can interchange them with poor intelligence, oversized vehicles, racism... it's just that their funny accents are slightly different from each other.

megabyteme
09-30-2011, 02:55 PM
That picture clearly isn't from Texas as there's no gun rack.

I'm guessing he just keeps his rifle handy resting on the seat. If he has a passenger, they can hold it on their lap.

There is also the likelihood that he took it in the store with him. While this may concern people in other states (pun in there, I think), it won't raise any notice unless he shoots someone. As long as it remains a one-on-one shootout, patrons will take cover until its over, then resume shopping. The legal standard for a "Justifiable" shooting is substantially lower in Texas (than say Iraq), and store managers are authorized deputized to make determinations on the spot. Town folk Shoppers are frequently asked things like "Who drew first?", "Did the dead guy have right-of-way with his cart?", and the all-important "Did he look like he was fixin' to stir up trouble?"

brotherdoobie
10-06-2011, 02:32 AM

How did you manage to write such a fucked up sentence? :dabs:

-doobs

mjmacky
10-06-2011, 02:54 AM

How did you manage to write such a fucked up sentence? :dabs:

-doobs

If it may ease the hurting in your head, it was worded that way in particular with intentions. Among these include a hidden jab and a bit of fun on my part.

If you are interested in further elaboration, you could probably point out which 1 sentence you'd like to address (since you quoted 3).

brotherdoobie
10-06-2011, 03:23 AM
You're correct, sir. I should have replied: "How did you manage to write such a fucked up paragraph?"

My bad.

-doobs

mjmacky
10-06-2011, 03:27 AM
-doobs

On another note, you could probably just post "-doobs" by itself with no other letters each time you want to make a post. It would just be more efficient, since you hardly manage to say anything anyways.

brotherdoobie
10-06-2011, 03:34 AM
I never say "anyways" anyway, mong.

Nobody should, lad.

-doobs

mjmacky
10-06-2011, 08:32 AM
I never say "anyways" anyway, mong.

Nobody should, lad.

-doobs

-macky

mjmacky
10-07-2011, 06:49 AM
By the way my new name is jacky. It was the crowning achievement (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/437686-Who-done-killed-mjmacky?p=3618656&viewfull=1#post3618656) of a renowned bright and witty character that is the parking attendant.

-jacky

mjmacky
10-08-2011, 02:10 AM
My current processor seems plenty fast for my needs as I really don't play games anymore. I'd like to keep that and reuse it unless someone can give a good reason to upgrade. (edit: let me rephrase that... I just don't want to spend a fortune on anything right now)

jacky advises cheapest solution, fix PSU problem

Aw fuck it; I'm just gonna build something new I guess.

Avoid being helped by jacky is "good reason" to "spend a fortune"

Skiz
10-08-2011, 03:26 AM
jacky advises cheapest solution, fix PSU problem

Aw fuck it; I'm just gonna build something new I guess.

Avoid being helped by jacky is "good reason" to "spend a fortune"

Wasn't that at all really. Got the voltector out and found no issues. Even tested it while it was booting to see if anything arose. Again, nothing. Multiple people suggested that my problem was a "textbook" PSU issue but I found none.

With the motherboard still being the main suspect, I started to like the idea of having USB 3.0 in the future, and I couldn't find a board that satisfied my other needs while still having that. One purchase sometimes leads to another and I finally said screw it, I've thought about building an entirely new machine for well over a year now and this seems like it's as good a time as any.

$600+/- also isn't a "fortune". I'm not building an entirely new $2K rig. :huh:

Artemis
10-08-2011, 04:58 AM
With the previous issues you were having, a dodgy PSU was a likely suspect, also the easiest to eliminate, but it seems your motherboard has alzheimers so you should be able to price a new board/RAM/CPU for $600 easy, and get a big leap in performance in the process while using less power.

mjmacky
10-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Wasn't that at all really. Got the voltector out and found no issues. Even tested it while it was booting to see if anything arose. Again, nothing. Multiple people suggested that my problem was a "textbook" PSU issue but I found none.

$600+/- also isn't a "fortune". I'm not building an entirely new $2K rig. :huh:

I don't believe you, but only because you have reiterated numerous times you have no idea what you're doing. A voltage detector only tells you have current, it doesn't measure the actual voltage, which is why I recommended a multimeter. I suspected you'll find you're getting 4.7 V or less on a 5 V line, which is why you can't boot with multiple hardware devices. Either way, "fortune" to spend was your choice of wording.