PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a huge collection of lossless electronic muisc.

Xizie
09-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Preferably with a decent collection of psy, dub, jungle, etc. It would also be nice if they had some strict rule set which prevents users from uploading transcoded/inperfect tracks/albums.

If anyone knows of such a tracker please, let me know.

dragosd90
09-24-2011, 09:15 PM
tried waffles, what.cd ?

anon
09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Screenshots are from RuTracker. I can't comment on the quality since I don't download FLAC, but according the people that know, it can vary from the highest standards to regular rips done with wrong settings.

Xizie
09-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Screenshots are from RuTracker. I can't comment on the quality since I don't download FLAC, but according the people that know, it can vary from the highest standards to regular rips done with wrong settings.

Hmm, that will most likely be a problem for me. I don't see why people can't rip properly.

zoeygirly
09-25-2011, 04:00 AM
^ Well if you know all about it you must have uploaded somewhere?? Share your experience/knowledge and maybe one of the other members that knows how to "rip properly" will help you out with an invite. Worth a shot...

Xizie
09-25-2011, 04:04 AM
^ Well if you know all about it you must have uploaded somewhere?? Share your experience/knowledge and maybe one of the other members that knows how to "rip properly" will help you out with an invite. Worth a shot...

Well, I learned from the EAC guide which was posted onto What & Waffles. Invite me to where? o-o

ca_aok
09-25-2011, 05:12 AM
There are perfect rips on Rutracker, there's just no quality control, so you have to check logs yourself and check for transcodes. Both are good skills to pick up anyway.

The biggest issue is that the electronic scene is mostly MP3. A bigger collection with quality control than What/Waffles probably doesn't exist. TranceTraffic has a ton of rare stuff but the majority is MP3.

Night0wl
09-25-2011, 01:32 PM
What kind of artists are you looking for, that you can't find on What or Waffles?

Xizie
09-25-2011, 02:12 PM
What kind of artists are you looking for, that you can't find on What or Waffles?

I'm not going to name them all but there's more than a handful of artist/albums that are not on What or Waffles. Anyways, I found a semi-decent tracker for loseless electronic music but it still isn't what I'm looking for.

Night0wl
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
You're not going to name them all, so you name none?

How is anyone going to know if any tracker is the one for you?

Xizie
09-25-2011, 09:07 PM
You're not going to name them all, so you name none?

How is anyone going to know if any tracker is the one for you?

If they have a collection of quality FLAC releases then it's good for me.. I collect rare trance music and the only tracker that was dedicated to that was SL but that's near impossible to get into.

Night0wl
09-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Well the tracker with most releases is What.CD with more than 2.500 100% FLAC rips
Second most is Waffles with over 1.800 releases where more than 400 are WI approved and other 600 have log (i.e either not approved or not sent in for approval). But with strict quality control I'm sure most of them are quite good as well or they would be deleted.
Tranceroute AKA Puresound has more than 1.000 releases, but their releases aren't always great in my experience.
TranceTraffic has more than 1000 lossless rips with a lot higher quality standards than TranceRoute.

But I still say What and Waffles are your best bet for almost everything Trance. The amount of quality FLAC rips that you will find elsewhere is minuscule at most. Also you will not get a proper extraction log on TranceTraffic or TranceRoute but rather a regular .nfo.

To be honest I haven't got the faintest clue over what tracker SL is.

The other high quality lossless trackers I know of don't have Trance.. at least not any numbers worth even mentioning.

anon
09-25-2011, 11:06 PM

Shangri-Law, that supersecret trance tracker?

IdolEyes787
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM

The more secreter the place the bigger the associated douchebags. Unavoidable fact of life.
Think real world analogies .Police basically good, C.I.A. not so much.

Xizie
09-25-2011, 11:53 PM

The more secreter the place the bigger the associated douchebags. Unavoidable fact of life.
Think real world analogies .Police basically good, C.I.A. not so much.

Well then, shouldn't this place be the most secretive website on the internet?

panaeolus
09-26-2011, 04:56 PM
psy torrennts
and get torrents for jungle dnb
also themixingbowl :D
u cant find such music to big well known trackers thats the problem
hope i help u

Night0wl
09-26-2011, 05:54 PM
I have before been a member of both psytorrents and themixingbowl. The main reason both accounts died was a total lack of lossless rips and no plans to get any. Has this changed?

BTW DB9 should have lots of Jungle and DnB. I just can't remember if they had múch lossless. I don't think they had much when I was a member, but that could have changed.

b3owulf
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Dub, Jungle... Killawaves (R.I.P.) had a lot of exclusive rips. Now all I can recommend is general trackers like What.CD, Waffles.fm, RuTracker. Also, DB9 has almost 9000 lossless rips.

Xizie
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
So, it seems as if I should be aiming my sights onto DB9.. Does, anyone know where I could get an invite?

09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
So, it seems as if I should be aiming my sights onto DB9.. Does, anyone know where I could get an invite? DB9 has around 8000 FLAC rips , dunno if there all seeded though... theyve changed the rules on invites now, only the higher up members receive them

Xizie
09-26-2011, 11:22 PM
So, it seems as if I should be aiming my sights onto DB9.. Does, anyone know where I could get an invite? DB9 has around 8000 FLAC rips , dunno if there all seeded though... theyve changed the rules on invites now, only the higher up members receive them

Ah, well any higher up members willing to invite me? I'm pretty well-known in the torrent community. I follow tracker rules, I seed for months, etc. I also have like 60 "perfect" dubstep FLAC rips. <3

Disme
09-27-2011, 05:50 AM
And you still haven't named any 'rare' trance artist/group you wouldn like to have.
Also, noone said there were a bunch of trance-FLAC-rips at DB9, and yet you request an invite???

panaeolus
09-27-2011, 10:23 AM
u dont need db9 if u try the ones i mention
anyway good luck

Xizie
09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
And you still haven't named any 'rare' trance artist/group you wouldn like to have.
Also, noone said there were a bunch of trance-FLAC-rips at DB9, and yet you request an invite???

Matta
Penta
Son Kite
Terra Ferma
Psycraft
Deviant Electronics
Astral Projection
Joking Sphinx
Orjan Nilsen
NiT GRiT
Westernsynthetics
Machine Code
Magnetic Man
Enduser
Benga
Psykovsky

Is that a good enough list for you? Those are some of my favorites.

09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
And you still haven't named any 'rare' trance artist/group you wouldn like to have. Also, noone said there were a bunch of trance-FLAC-rips at DB9, and yet you request an invite??? DB9 doesnt have a trance section either..... i tried the search using 'Techno' and 'Other' category's and theres 60 rips

ca_aok
09-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Every single one of those artists listed has a non-compilation FLAC album at What except for 2565 (no albums at all) and Joking Sphinx (only compilations).

Also, I'm assuming you actually meant 2562, in which case that's on What as well.

Xizie
09-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Every single one of those artists listed has a non-compilation FLAC album at What except for 2565 (no albums at all) and Joking Sphinx (only compilations).

Also, I'm assuming you actually meant 2562, in which case that's on What as well.

100%, with a log and a cue?

@105802
I listed more than one type of electronic music in the OP and I'm sure that DB9's a site that would do me well. I've read over several reviews, and I've gone ahead and looked at a few screenshots and it's just what I want to be apart of but.. You can't always get what you want. :|

theman5
09-27-2011, 11:53 PM

100%, with a log and a cue?

lol

Night0wl
09-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Matta
Penta
Son Kite
Terra Ferma
Psycraft
Astral Projection
Westernsynthetics
Magnetic Man
Enduser
Benga
Psykovsky

Between 1 and 11 WI approved releases each on Waffles. Lots of the old Goa/Psy interested OiNK crowd is on Waffles. Also unless I'm mistaken you won't find a better dubstep crowd anywhere else.

Exactly what 100%/WI quality rips do you expect to find on DB9, which aren't also already on W or W? Most of the ripping crowd in electronic music as a whole will make an .nfo and not include a proper log at all. Also the listing above was done looking for only WI approved rips. There are lots more, which either are missing something or haven't even been sent in for approval.

tuyes
10-04-2011, 03:01 PM
TranceRoute has 983 trance FLAC rips.

Night0wl
10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Since the poster wants 100% log/cue rips, I believe TranceRoute has 0 and TranceTraffic has 0.

andRND
10-06-2011, 06:48 AM
There are perfect rips on Rutracker, there's just no quality control, so you have to check logs yourself and check for transcodes. Both are good skills to pick up anyway.
Actually, Rutracker's rules for lossless music torrents (one of the pinned topics on music section help board) declare that you must include log and cue file if they are present or run Audiochecker and provide a number of image samples of audio spectrum otherwise and use proper settings for ripping tools and mention the source of the rip. Rips without a log file or improper rips are marked "questionable" (with a number sign, #) instead of "verified" (√) and should be removed if and when proper rip appears.

I've seen many rips users made themselves, I've seen many rips reposted from other trackers, some stuff is from random internet sources. In case of groups with complex history of reprints and re-editions, people often mention that in comments and give some background (well, that's probably useless if you don't know Russian, I wouldn't rely on automatic translation). You can be sure they are not transcodes unless someone wastes his time on audio editing to cheat the system — but for what reason?

ca_aok
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
A) Audiochecker means nothing and spectrals are easily faked (just use a few good ones over and over again).
B) Including a log does not mean it's a proper log. Rutracker is full of rips without a test run, rips in burst mode, those insufferable single track .ape rips, etc.

I'm not saying good tracks don't exist there, you just need to be more vigilant.

nye
10-13-2011, 03:26 AM
The type of music that I listen to is basically Electric Zoo. Is there a tracker for that?

Night0wl
10-14-2011, 02:44 AM
To be honest I don't know the genre at all. Do you have examples? i.e specific artists.

nye
10-14-2011, 07:37 AM
For sure, this is to what I was referring: http://www.madeevent.com/ElectricZoo/artists.php?REFID=madeweb

whatcdfan
10-14-2011, 12:03 PM
There are perfect rips on Rutracker, there's just no quality control, so you have to check logs yourself and check for transcodes.

Something tells me that you've never uploaded/downloaded a single lossless torrent from RuT. It's so much underrated in terms of the quality of the lossless uploads just because it's not exclusive and it's not hard to seed at.:O

Actually, Rutracker has better quality control then What, On what users are allowed to upload Flac's without log but not on Rutracker, EAC/XLD logs are mandatory with every lossless upload along with a cue log if user is uploading tracks+.cue, moreover every single upload is checked and every single log is examined by the mods basis of which torrent gets a quality status.
It's impossible to upload a transcode and get a "trusted" torrent status.

Here's their wiki regarding the torrent statuses.
http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/1110/67/4cbb48891e72.jpg (http://www.radikal.ru)

anon
10-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Here's their wiki regarding the torrent statuses.
http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/1110/67/4cbb48891e72.jpg (http://www.radikal.ru)

He's right.

Trust me, I read and understood all of it. :yup:

whatcdfan
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
He's right.

Trust me, I read and understood all of it. :yup:

:lol:

On a side note, it doesn't defy the fact that there is an active system in place to prevent uploading transcodes.

A) Audiochecker means nothing and spectrals are easily faked (just use a few good ones over and over again).

Absolutely, Audiochecker is unreliable and there are some DSP plugins around to inject fake frequencies in the stream that will produce fake spectrals. Staff at Rutracker is aware of such issues thus these mediums are not considered to determine the genuineness of the upload.

Night0wl
10-15-2011, 12:05 AM
For sure, this is to what I was referring: http://www.madeevent.com/ElectricZoo/artists.php?REFID=madeweb

Many of those are mainstream, so could be found just about everywhere. If you are happy with mp3 for live shows, then TranceTraffic is probably best bet. If you aren't into live shows at all, than Waffles/What are more than enough. You will also be able to find more lossless on those trackers.

nnnnnn
11-11-2011, 11:18 PM
just join rutracker. You don't need private music torrent sites for music at all trust me, and I never try to join private music torrent sites. I got over 629gb of lossless music on my PC here. All from there.

Starck
11-26-2011, 11:28 PM

The biggest issue is that the electronic scene is mostly MP3. A bigger collection with quality control than What/Waffles probably doesn't exist. TranceTraffic has a ton of rare stuff but the majority is MP3.

ca_aok, could you please tell me how can I check if my FLAC's trsancoded from 320's or identical to CD.

I heard a method like checking them from CD databases but some of them could not found on databases. So is there any technical method to do that?

Thanks in advance.

n00bz0r
11-27-2011, 02:24 AM

ca_aok, could you please tell me how can I check if my FLAC's trsancoded from 320's or identical to CD.

I heard a method like checking them from CD databases but some of them could not found on databases. So is there any technical method to do that?

Thanks in advance.
http://blowfish.be/eac/Spectral/spectral.html
There is an entire section covering basics of spectrals.

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/preparefortheinterview.html
Read the section on transcodes.

Starck
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
n00bz0r; thank you so much.

Just inn case links do not answer my exact question, while I was looking at my FLAC's log files I realized that some songs have %44 or %50 CDDA. Does that mean they're lossy or some other thing that means it's better to download another rip of the same album?

ca_aok
11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by 44% CDDA. Are you talking about the peak levels, or the track quality?