PDA

View Full Version : NZBMatrix Down Again, Server/PHP(?) Maintenance

Beck38
09-25-2011, 12:39 AM
For those who 'live' on NZBMatrix (like, have it running in multiple tabs on PC Firefox AND on mr. smartypantsphone, yep, me), it's been down for at least the last 6+ hours.

Now, everyone knows the connection problems they have, it a hosting facility that's got to be extremely low rent, as either the routers, local fiber loop from Bell Canada, or a variety of 'external' things keep messing with their operation, personally I think that they need to rethink their business model, and really consider both moving their operations to another hosting facility PLUS getting some programming help. And that will undoubtedly cost some additional funds past the $10/lifetime fee they currently charge.

I'd say $10/yr might be okay, much cheaper than Newzbin, and IMHO, far better. They maybe need to get a 'paid' phone app as well, one that actually works more like the actual site (unlike the current one or the ones cobbled together for many other sites, don't get me going on the current or past capability of the programmer types out there), anything to perhaps get the cash flow going a bit more.

Anyway, it's not like I haven't been there, spending a Saturday beating on some machine. But it is the premier site out there right now, and needs to pull up it's capability and get to work.

Hypatia
09-25-2011, 12:56 PM
a bad day... abhdtv.net seems to be hacked

PS its OK now

Beck38
09-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Yep, NZBMatrix search capability came back up sometime around 12 hrs ago. Sometime right after one of my routers 'took a dump' which I didn't know about until I woke up, beat on all kinds of things for some 6 hours, before finding the small error that somehow crept into my oldest (Cisco/linksys) somehow. Fixed. Will have to keep a close eye on it for awhile.

johhny
10-08-2011, 06:18 AM
down again Host is having issues, hang in there......

http://nzbmatrix.info/

Beck38
10-28-2011, 04:46 AM
They were supposed to have new h/w in this Monday/Tuesday, tonight it appears they are hard down, although they didn't update their status page at:

http://nzbmatrix.info/

It is, according to the operator, a multi-server setup, but what exactly the new equipment is is unknown. If it's back up tomorrow with an update saying it's now all in place, we'll know. It's been better the last few days since some functionality was 'turned off', but again, we shall see how much the improvement is, particularly SSL v. non-SSL, where the non-SSL typically had more problems (which is the reverse of what it would be if the CPU was being burdened).

Anyway, hope it gets back up tomorrow.

JustDOSE
10-28-2011, 05:43 AM
its the rss leechers killing the bandwith.... and noobs who autodownload.... fckn greedy idiots, DIE

Hypatia
10-28-2011, 07:24 AM
they ban spotting releases of certain developers\publishers for obvious reasons so screw them, really...

Beck38
11-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Upgrade of Server Systems to begin around 12noon GMT tomorrow (8am or so Eastern North American time tomorrow, will take some time.

Beck38
11-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Back up on new h/w, took a few more hours than anticipated, got a few things not 'turned up' as of yet.

Hypatia
11-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned NZB List
- All Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- All Microsoft Office Applications
- Any books by Tianna Xander or Extasy Books
- ALL X Men Origins Wolverine Movie Releases (Inc Fixes etc)
- All Anne Perry Audio Books
- All Edward Elgar Content
- Wowza Media Server
- A Serbian Film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/)

ridiculous and disgraceful.

Of course, the list can be extended without any limit. Well, the limit is limited (rofl) to impudent international copyright mafia ring's requests which in turn can be...well..limitless..
god, i love playing with this word around in this particular case. lol

PS i wonder why all HBO series are not in the infamous list.. such an omission on their end..

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Srpski Film is on their ban list?! WTF?

johhny
11-02-2011, 09:16 PM
NZBMatrix is neatly organized, rocks an API that integrates with SABnzbd, extremely easy to search and navigate. Requires a free account for basic access;

so is still worth to have an account there.

zot
11-02-2011, 09:27 PM
ridiculous and disgraceful.

The longer a site stays up, the bigger its banned-title list gets. That's almost expected. They cave in to threats and pressure. There is no law I'm aware of that says a site must pro-actively ban infringing content; the DMCA only requires that a host remove content that is specifically pointed out by the copyright owner. (just wait until they start banning all MPAA content, then we'll all know when its time to move on)

My biggest complaint about NZB Matrix is that they threaten to ban (presumably without a refund) anyone who dares to talk about another NZB site. That's real censorship.

Microsoft's top spot on the banned release list is not surprising (and I bet cracks/patches are banned too) but it seems strange that Adobe is not (yet) on the list, as that company has in the past been very aggressive defending its intellectual property.

PS i wonder why all HBO series are not in the infamous list.. such an omission on their end..
There's a lot of things I wonder about HBO regarding Usenet; it seems everything they do leaves gaping holes. Not that I'm complaining :whistling:

Hypatia
11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
zot

dares to talk about another NZB site. That's real censorship.

yeah, another nail in the coffin of decency, reason and freedom

btw
Talking about the "community"........

You cant even request anything..

DO NOT POST REQUEST HERE!

IF YOU POST A REQUEST IN THE FORUMS YOU WILL GET FORUM BAN.

It is specifically said in every sub-forum that requesting is prohibited

Wtf is that?

jgjd2001
11-03-2011, 01:03 AM
pfft never get that with nzbsrus....no such thing as a ban list.

Racoon
11-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Perhaps thats why Nzbrus is defunct. They ban discussion of other indexing sites cos they would get people opening threads to pimp their own sites. There are other indexing sites which routinely leech nzb that have been indexed at NZBMatrix. Take the DVD section at http://www.nzbmovieseeker.com/Dvd/ hardly anything posted in their DVD section while the NZBMatrix was down. Then within an hour of NZBMatrix coming back up most the DVD which had just been indexed at NZBMatrix suddenly appear on their own site.

k2bug
11-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I bow my head in shame at almighty angel in the sky thats NZBMatrix that i ever said anything wrong about such perfection and may the NZB angels forgive my transgressions.

All hail the king

zot
11-03-2011, 10:01 PM
They ban discussion of other indexing sites cos they would get people opening threads to pimp their own sites.

I can understand a site wanting to discourage (one-post) link spammers, but it seems that the reason why any site would want to enforce an outright ban on the discussion of competing sites -as NZB Matrix does- is simply to prevent people from learning about potentially-superior products.

I've never liked sites that have draconian rules about what people can and cannot talk about (or worse yet, the enforcement of "secret" rules) -- with the exception, obviously, of things that risk getting a site in legal trouble.

Censorship of information and the suppression of debate could be considered a hallmark of dictators and tyrants, whether in a totalitarian country such as North Korea, or a religious cult like Scientology. Sadly, a lot of site owners also don't seem to believe in the concept of intellectual freedom.

There are other indexing sites which routinely leech nzb that have been indexed at NZBMatrix.

Most public torrent sites/trackers freely share their torrent collection with other sites.

I'm trying to understand why this sort of "leeching" is considered perfectly acceptable behavior when torrent sites do it, but a very bad thing when NZB sites do it. :wacko:

jgjd2001
11-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Perhaps thats why Nzbrus is defunct. They ban discussion of other indexing sites cos they would get people opening threads to pimp their own sites. There are other indexing sites which routinely leech nzb that have been indexed at NZBMatrix. Take the DVD section at http://www.nzbmovieseeker.com/Dvd/ hardly anything posted in their DVD section while the NZBMatrix was down. Then within an hour of NZBMatrix coming back up most the DVD which had just been indexed at NZBMatrix suddenly appear on their own site.you accusing of nzbsrus of taking nzbs from matrix ? oh dear you seriously don't have a clue on how it actually is

k2bug
11-03-2011, 10:22 PM
NZBMatrix doesn't allow discussion of other sites because there is better out there i can name at least 2 others along with FST that are light years better. As for leeching NZBMatrix is the biggest at this and they even put option up for annymous posting because the leechers got caught on many sites for bleeding sites dry.

No site is in no way perfect but NZBMatrix blows me at times becuase of there attitude there the best and the attitude when you complain its met with a ban, I have many friends banned for simply having an opinion but opinions that acceptable and open discussion elsehwere.

Just like to commend Filesharing Talk & Merlins Portal being the only 2 sites to openly support NZBsRus and words of support on there sites. well done

Edit to add whats at MP

Latest News: NZBsRus reported to be back online tomorrow for those missing it. Well done NZBsRus

Beck38
11-04-2011, 03:09 AM
And all this 6th grade/jr. high nonsense means what, exactly? Nothing. Small minds chasing small... you get the gist.

Meanwhile, I ran into some fairly major problems on NZBMatrix today which hopefully they will fix (didn't have problems before the h/w changeover).

I use several indexers, but since the downfall of the original newzbin, I find myself using Matrix the most. Newzbin2 is at the bottom of the heap, and most places are simply overrun with really bad quality 'junk' that isn't worth the d/l effort.

jgjd2001
11-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Latest News: NZBsRus reported to be back online tomorrow for those missing it. Well done NZBsRusjust waiting for the server backup to be restored and it will be back :D

Hypatia
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
what relevance "latest news" about nzbrus has to nzbmatrix topic i wonder... :lol:

johhny
11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
the VIP section on NZBmatrix sucks nothingh there...

magikinla
11-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Dang, down again!

From the NZBMatrix service status page: SQL issues are being looked into...

Beck38
11-10-2011, 02:33 AM
The major problem I ran into several days ago (when the new server came up) had to do with the s/w inability to post an nzb's that referenced larger than around 50GB (or thereabouts).

It was supposed to be being 'worked on' for the last several days, but as of yesterday it still basically 'took a dump' when trying to upload 'large' nzb's (the actual size of the nzb being around 11+MB, but the file referenced were large BD50's with large amounts of par2's).

As of around 6 hours ago, no fix (and no response from the operators for a couple of days), maybe (!?!) that's what's being worked on now. Interestingly, on the old h/w, no problems like this existed, so I would gather some particular piece of the s/w was 'missed' during the new h/w, and in fact I did get a couple PHP folks that brought up that very point (it's been WAY to long since I messed around with PHP to hazard much of a real guess at this point).

Anyway, we shall see.

zot
11-10-2011, 10:18 AM
The major problem I ran into several days ago (when the new server came up) had to do with the s/w inability to post an nzb's that referenced larger than around 50GB (or thereabouts).

With file sizes that big, it seems silly that people post article sizes that are measured in KB rather than MB, but for whatever reason that's still the way the system works.

Maybe when NNTP providers start allowing 10 or 20MB size articles --and uploaders of Blurays exploit that allowance-- these kind of NZB problems will automatically disappear.

Beck38
11-11-2011, 05:28 AM
up down... up down... up down for the last 24-48 hrs. Lots of 'SQL' errors. A lot of folks have come to the conclusion (when it was 'up') that not enough care was made in the transfer of the system from the old h/w to the new.

Probably so.