PDA

View Full Version : Windows Network Speed

esco123
09-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Is there some sort of app or program that tell me how much internet speed is being used by my browser tab or the whole browser. as i tried to use the network speed in the task manager in chrome but that remains at zero, but i know im using bandwidth as im streaming media in that tab. thanks for any help.

mjmacky
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
yes there are

/answered

esco123
09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
can you suggest any?

anon
09-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Windows' own Resource Monitor can do that. Start -> Run, type resmon, Enter, then go to the Network tab. Data speeds in both directions for each program are shown there.

mjmacky
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
can you suggest any?

Sorry, I wasn't prepared to answer any follow up questions. Also, I'm a different kind of dick, not the kind that gives you a lmgtfy link:
/sorry anon ;)

anon
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Also, I'm a different kind of dick, not the kind that gives you a lmgtfy link:

You're too lazy to even do that :snooty:

mjmacky
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Also, I'm a different kind of dick, not the kind that gives you a lmgtfy link:

You're too lazy to even do that :snooty:

:yes:

esco123
09-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Windows' own Resource Monitor can do that. Start -> Run, type resmon, Enter, then go to the Network tab. Data speeds in both directions for each program are shown there.

Hi i tried this but it didnt work, im running XP.

ps anon your one of the best members of fst, always around to help. Don't know how you get the time...

arnavk007
09-27-2011, 12:16 PM
press control-alt-delete together and task manager will open. Then click on the network resources tab.

anon
09-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi i tried this but it didnt work, im running XP.

Well, then I must have assumed you were on a better OS :lol:

Off the top of my head, NetLimiter can show you that information, besides having the capability to limit each process' network speed on both directions (as the name says).

ps anon your one of the best members of fst, always around to help. Don't know how you get the time...

Thank you.

press control-alt-delete together and task manager will open. Then click on the network resources tab.

That will only show network use per adapter as far as I know, and not per process.

esco123
09-27-2011, 09:15 PM
yea that task manager thing wasnt what i was looking for, but net-limiter seems to be doing the trick, thanks.

zot
10-07-2011, 03:42 AM
yea that task manager thing wasnt what i was looking for, but net-limiter seems to be doing the trick, thanks.

I think that using Netlimiter just as a simple bandwidth meter is probably extreme overkill (Maybe Anon actually meant NetMeter?) but NetLimiter is indeed a very useful tool for things like beating down P2P leeches.

I second that! :)

anon
10-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I think that using Netlimiter just as a simple bandwidth meter is probably extreme overkill (Maybe Anon actually meant NetMeter?)

Nope, I actually didn't even know about NetMeter! :P Off the top of my head I remembered NetLimiter (which I tried in the past) had that feature, so I thought I'd mention it. Also, if I recall there were different "flavors" of it, the free edition already having what esco123 wanted.

I also used DU Meter many years ago, but unless they changed that (and we're talking about 5-6 years back) it only shows global network usage, and not per-process.

Thank you, zot; I also respect you a lot, because as shown by your thorough posts about stuff, you know what you talk about.

mjmacky
10-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Thank you, zot; I also respect you a lot, because as shown by your thorough posts about stuff, you know what you talk about.

I really really want to make a :ghey: comment here, but couldn't think of one that's to my liking. I have to disappear for a little while, hopefully you'll react as if I made a clever one.

anon
10-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I suppose I could counter with a stupid joke regarding your disabled privileges, please act as if I had done so. :D

mjmacky
10-07-2011, 05:44 PM
I suppose I could counter with a stupid joke regarding your disabled privileges, please act as if I had done so. :D

That was quite an insensitive remark against the retardeds.

What zomg I'm disabled at tTC too?!11! And again it was by someone who's a bigger tool than me