PDA

View Full Version : Can't recover password on Takeabyte :(

benderinn
09-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I can't recover my password on takeabyte. Because I can't remember the answer to my secret question.
And their IRC channel doesn't exist anymore.
So I was wondering if someone here was a member there and would like to do me a big favor.
Send my email address to some in the staff.
I would be really thankful.

c.han
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
I can't recover my password on takeabyte. Because I can't remember the answer to my secret question.
And their IRC channel doesn't exist anymore.
So I was wondering if someone here was a member there and would like to do me a big favor.
Send my email address to some in the staff.
I would be really thankful.
it is open signup for limited time

anon
09-29-2011, 03:53 PM
it is open signup for limited time

Reinstating an already-existing account is much better than creating a new one, both because you get to keep your stats and the site may have a one account per lifetime policy.

benderinn
09-30-2011, 06:46 AM
I´ve tried making a new temporary account just to be able to message the staff.
But it says one account per IP.

mjmacky
09-30-2011, 07:22 AM
have you tried Leaveabyte?

benderinn
09-30-2011, 08:15 AM
What´s that?

Night0wl
09-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Then try making one on a different IP, like a friends house. Of course this friend should not be a member. Message staff there right away, after signing up, explaining the situation and asking for clarification.

mjmacky
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
What´s that?

anon
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
What´s that?

He's messing with your head :P

I'd consider what Night0wl said if no one here helps you, although it's sort of exploiting a loophole (it allows anyone with a dynamic IP to own countless accounts). But hey, better lose your account for having tried to get it back rather than inaction. :idunno:

I had never heard of this tracker before, by the way - what sort of place is it?

benderinn
09-30-2011, 05:06 PM
hehe yeah that was a good one:)
Takeabyte has all kinds of scene stuff.
Mostly swedish/nordic though.
I'll try signing up a new account at a friends place.
But takeabyte is full most of the time.

Night0wl
10-01-2011, 05:49 AM
I'd consider what Night0wl said if no one here helps you, although it's sort of exploiting a loophole (it allows anyone with a dynamic IP to own countless accounts).

Those idiots exploiting dynamic IP will always be around ruining it for their countrymen. He would be doing it in a way, that is understandable, so he can find help with no other option. I've never done it on a torrent site myself, but elsewhere I have done it, because I found myself banned.. at the time without any reason I knew about, but I even got my staff position back like that once at some undisclosed place.

anon
10-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah. Once again I agree on that doing it on a non-abusive way simply because there's no other way to get in touch with staff isn't a terrible act. And if he gets banned, at least he tried.