PDA

View Full Version : Murses.

Quarterquack
10-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Discuss.

Personally, I just bought me a Beene Attache. Used to go around with a Levenger Bomber Messenger prior to yesterday, and laptop bags before then.
How do the dicks in the lounge keep themselves company? Do any of you think the current trend of carry-on cases are symbolic of the "pussification of man"?

IdolEyes787
10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I thought a murse was a male nurse?
Other than that when a man carries a purse it's still a purse the only difference is that you can now safely assume that individual is gay.

mjmacky
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I carry a purse, no lie. It's a small leather bag (with a strap, shorter than that of a fanny pack) holding all of my rolling tobacco stuff (pouch of tobacco, hand shooter, case with tubes, extra papers and filters). It also usually holds my micro USB wire in case I need to charge in the car or at school.

How do I carry it, you ask? The strap wrapped around my wrist while I palm the bag, allowing me to make a fist reserved for the first person to seriously try to call me a fag. It's a pipe dream though, most people either don't care or don't want to mess with the guy palms his man bag.

megabyteme
10-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I would love to see you and Rings get in a scuffle over whose man-sack was more manly. You could both start swinging your perspective purses, and calling each other names....Or, you could just accessorize and go out on a proper date.

:lol: Gawd I love the safety of the internets. Nobody hitting me with their purse... :noes:

IdolEyes787
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I carry a purse, no lie. .......... with the guy palms his man bag. I see some connection.:unsure:

Seriously internet stupidity aside ,if it works for you I couldn't care in the least. The only objection I have to "fashion" is that people tend not to do things because it's a good idea but rather because marketing firms tell them to.

megabyteme
10-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Don't forget that time Rings tried to convince us he wore stiletto heels because they were "comfortable". We all know he does it because it makes his calves look sexy.

IdolEyes787
10-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey I'd already come to the conclusion that Darth Rings was gay and like mjmacky and his purse I have no problem with it.
Now if Darth Rings just wasn't such a tool.

Quarterquack
10-04-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTLQVshSdXI

harrydresden
10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Men should look like men.

Ofc, I should think a Murse would go nicely with a mankini.

mjmacky
10-04-2011, 11:50 PM
You could both start swinging your perspective purses, and calling each other names

You clearly have misjudged my fighting style, and it was my fault for misleading you. I don't swing arms, fists or murses. I wrestle them to the ground, hip to hip while I thrust and grind them against the pavement. Now if that sounded sexy to you, you just had a man on man fantasy.

In case anyone was wondering if I always carried my man bag, the answer is no. I used to to walk around carrying a tin can with all of that inside. How's that for fashion sense?

mjmacky
10-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey I'd already come to the conclusion that Darth Rings was gay and like mjmacky and his purse I have no problem with it.

Just come out and say it already... you want to see all of our chests, don't you?

IdolEyes787
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM

Just come out and say it already... you want to see all of our chests, don't you?

"Then God said, Let us make man in our image, in our likeness" . Therefore my God must be slightly retarded but have a nice ass.:idunno:

mjmacky
10-06-2011, 01:44 PM
"Then God said, Let us make man in our image, in our likeness" . Therefore my God must be slightly retarded but have a nice ass.:idunno:

Why, thank you

megabyteme
10-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like we got us a couple of ringers for the 2012 Speshal O'limpiks! :w00t:

megabyteme
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
At least in the swimsuit competition...

Artemis
10-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Sadly I've already seen MBM's chest :sick:

mjmacky
10-09-2011, 12:03 PM

Clearly you should forward that on over to Idol, we shouldn't linger on prejudice against others' fetishes

megabyteme
10-09-2011, 05:01 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

My apologies...

Quarterquack
10-09-2011, 06:04 PM

Nursing community training night?

megabyteme
10-18-2011, 07:12 PM

my wet dream

I'd always figured your wet dreams came from the water on your brain, J-Dye. :idunno:

anigav
10-20-2011, 09:38 AM

megabyteme
10-20-2011, 07:25 PM

:lol: The TRUE reason why Rings dislikes you, Emilf...

mjmacky
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Isn't K9 the email client, not K2?

Quarterquack
10-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I think he meant email2k. But being someone who is obsessed with y2k, he predictably mis-spelt it.

chalice
10-20-2011, 10:38 PM
I think he meant email2k. But being someone who is obsessed with y2k, he predictably mis-spelt it.

Ballbag.

You're pretty fucking down on that being a ballbag, man. You're giving off that natural ballbag vibe. I'm sure that you're plenty up to speed on the down wid the groove the kids would wanna get down with your low down despite the Downs you get down on.

Spastic.

Quarterquack
10-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Ballbag.

You're pretty fucking down on that being a ballbag, man. You're giving off that natural ballbag vibe. I'm sure that you're plenty up to speed on the down wid the groove the kids would wanna get down with your low down despite the Downs you get down on.

Spastic.

Since we're on the topic of Down's, how's your family doing down that road?

anigav
10-21-2011, 02:25 AM

:lol: The TRUE reason why Rings dislikes you, Emilf...

:stars:

Why... is there a problem with green color?

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Since we're on the topic of Down's, how's your family doing down that road?

My son is the one with Down's. He's doing very well (when we check on him), but there's a lot of work involved (throwing him his food, hosing him down after a meal, etc.). Heck, some days we even let him out of the attic (we don't feel he should totally be deprived of the "human" experience.

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 06:47 AM
To clarify the above post...I was contacted by a good friend who thought (perhaps) I had aimed my post at someone else- which could not be further from the truth. Down's is a serious condition, and it effects our family greatly. It is not easy. However, our twins (one with Down's) are spoiled, and receive more parental attention than 5 not-our-kids...

My son does really have Down's, and I am fine with making an occasional joke- my comment was to make light of MY situation, nobody else's...

EDIT- for example, in the past few days, I've witnessed him fall out of a 4" tall chair AND fall "off" of a sit-n-spin. Not my proudest moments as a father...

But what am I going to do, be uptight about it, or recognize that my son is "seating challenged"? :idunno:

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 05:49 PM
And (I think it goes without saying) that anyone who would use "knowledge" of (someone who is brave enough to face the challenges of raising a child with) a severe disability to intentionally hurt the members of that family ANYONE WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING WOULD BE FOREVER BRANDED (not on a humor-level) as BEING LOWER THAN MOLDY COCKROACH DIARRHEA.

In fact, such a weak mimicry of a human being should NEVER show their pathetic, hideous face here again. They would not be welcomed by ANYONE.

Squeamous
10-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Ballbag.

Spastic.

Reject, is that you? How did you get in there? Make your way to the eyeball and tell me what you see, okay? We'll have you out of there in no time x

Squeamous
10-21-2011, 07:02 PM
And (I think it goes without saying) that anyone who would use "knowledge" of (someone who is brave enough to face the challenges of raising a child with) a severe disability to intentionally hurt the members of that family ANYONE WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING WOULD BE FOREVER BRANDED (not on a humor-level) as BEING LOWER THAN MOLDY COCKROACH DIARRHEA.

In fact, such a weak mimicry of a human being should NEVER show their pathetic, hideous face here again. They would not be welcomed by ANYONE.

This is all very interesting, but I don't really care about any of it.

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 07:25 PM
This is all very interesting, but I don't really care about any of it.

Fair enough. Much of it came about due to PM sent to me by a friend. Apparently, there is someone toying with the idea, and I feel sorry for him as a person. That's all.

Quarterquack
10-21-2011, 11:46 PM

You seem to mock my diagnosis with little restraint, though. I find it hypocritical, that's all. I would be okay if you wouldn't have yielded your ground about the humor and your son. But pulling the punch back basically says that your opinion sways in whatever direction aids you in avoiding the most conflict.

But heck, what do I know, my fingers are just cringing randomly on my keyboard. :idunno:

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 11:53 PM
You seem to mock my diagnosis with little restraint, though. I find it hypocritical, that's all. I would be okay if you wouldn't have yielded your ground about the humor and your son. But pulling the punch back basically says that your opinion sways in whatever direction aids you in avoiding the most conflict.

But heck, what do I know, my fingers are just cringing randomly on my keyboard. :idunno:

Feel free to joke with me. You know the difference. I made my first post, and would have left it, as is, and people could have joined in. However, I was informed of details I was not aware of (and apparently you were) and you felt it acceptable to hurt that family. It would be the same as me emailing jokes about your condition to your family, mocking them for having a deficient, deformed son.

How 'bout this... you take an aspirin for your poor widdle fingers, and I will continue helping my son learn to eat, walk, and speak more than 5 words.

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 01:47 AM
I was informed of details I was not aware of (and apparently you were) and you felt it acceptable to hurt that family.

I have no idea what you're talking about, to be honest. I was just poking fun at Chavis.
I know about his daughter and brother (and that's about it). I specifically hurled the insult back at him with confidence because I knew it wasn't a soft spot (the entire wanker is almost a giant pink jello blob, apparently), and had no idea it might actually be prevalent in his life.

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 02:04 AM
I was informed of details I was not aware of (and apparently you were) and you felt it acceptable to hurt that family.

I have no idea what you're talking about, to be honest. I was just poking fun at Chavis.
I know about his daughter and brother (and that's about it). I specifically hurled the insult back at him with confidence because I knew it wasn't a soft spot (the entire wanker is almost a giant pink jello blob, apparently), and had no idea it might actually be prevalent in his life.

I hope this was a misunderstanding. The way it was presented to me in PMs (not from Chalice, BTW), was that you had been sitting on some "information" (something I was unaware of, and that surprised me) and your last post was a threat to use it.

Honestly, at the point of your last post, I was actually playing along- that's why I posted the "Owl Poster". I simply thought someone had confused my son for someone else. Didn't care much, and thought I would play "The Horrible Parent Who Neglects His Down's Son". It wasn't until I was told privately that it crossed some lines that I did NOT wish to be party to it. We don't have many uncrossable lines here, but I believe I have clarified HOW detestable that would be. That falls out of posting, and becomes an action.

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 02:25 AM
I hope this was a misunderstanding. The way it was presented to me in PMs (not from Chalice, BTW), was that you had been sitting on some "information" (something I was unaware of, and that surprised me) and your last post was a threat to use it.

Honestly, at the point of your last post, I was actually playing along- that's why I posted the "Owl Poster". I simply thought someone had confused my son for someone else. Didn't care much, and thought I would play "The Horrible Parent Who Neglects His Down's Son". It wasn't until I was told privately that it crossed some lines that I did NOT wish to be party to it. We don't have many uncrossable lines here, but I believe I have clarified HOW detestable that would be. That falls out of posting, and becomes an action.

Well, if I committed some deplorable action while being unaware of it, I'd love if it was highlighted to me, so that I can avoid cutting people deeply online.

I with absolute honesty have no idea what line I crossed with my post. The only possible negative light that I can see it taken as, is a "threat" (seriously, who came up with that; I was just being my normal meandering self) towards Chavis's daughter's condition. But she's far from being a down's patient, and if someone draws a connection between those two things, then honestly said person is overly sensitive/careful around these parts. I was simply juxtaposing some irony on the brotherly love from the other thread.

As for "pulling the punch back", as I stated earlier, that was still in reference to yourself. I was running with the assumption that you made a Down's joke, someone's vagina got some sand in it, and they told you to draw a cross on your mouth in the future to stop yourself from carrying out the devil's deeds. That's what I meant when I said "avoiding conflict". I have no idea whether or not the topic affects anyone but yourself here.

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 02:43 AM
I have no idea whether or not the topic affects anyone but yourself here.

That fact changes A LOT.

There is still the possibility that someone else is mistaken, but there is a BIG difference between inadvertently stumbling, and holding cards to "use" at the right time. As for confirmation of Chalice's daughter (could it be another one of his kids we are talking about? IDK) I do not know if that is the case. It was suggested to me that was something Chalice had never openly discussed- I'm not going to push for an answer. If you were not intending to cross a line, I have no more iron in the fire.

And, I will leave with humor (humour for our Canadian members) regarding my son is VERY much an acceptable topic- in fact, I have NEVER considered it taboo. Once I openly discussed my son- I even used pics of both my kids as avys for awhile after they were first born. I have never placed anything funny as unapproachable. I actually like the Owls... :)

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 02:50 AM
There is still the possibility that someone else is mistaken ... holding cards to "use" at the right time.

I'm not that cruel. I'll make it a point not to address Chavis in the same manner again.
As I said a long time ago, MBM, I worked at a small center for a while, so I know what lines are/aren't funny, especially on topics like these. I'd think that after the chat I had with you back then, you'd find it weird that I'd be so two-faced so as to use it as a double-edged sword.

As for this "someone" who thinks I'm twisted enough to hold on to pieces of information to the point of hurting people online with them, you're welcome to approach me in private messages and clarify how evil you see me as, exactly. I find it personally insulting that amidst all the humor I attempt to throw around someone takes me for a serious conniver.

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Anyway, I am fully satisfied with your answers. I appreciate you making the effort to sincerely clarify the situation.

It's Friday night, don't you have someone's house pets to brutalize? :unsure:

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 03:08 AM
I just took a week off work (I finished a massive project this past Wednesday so boss dearest thought I deserved it if I wanted it). A close friend and I just landed $20k in a grant to start up our own company. Which is why I've been extra cheerful today, can you tell?
Going to put on a suit and wander around for a while landing connections to have a solid foundation, so I'm just sitting here waiting for the calm to pass and the storm to dawn, but enjoying the former to the fullest by paying it the highest tribute possible of doing absolutely fuck all.

I could throw the question right back at you, though. :happy:

Why aren't you out in the clubs grinding dudes with the Mrs.?

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I just took a week off work (I finished a massive project this past Wednesday so boss dearest thought I deserved it if I wanted it). A close friend and I just landed $20k in a grant to start up our own company. Which is why I've been extra cheerful today, can you tell?
Going to put on a suit and wander around for a while landing connections to have a solid foundation, so I'm just sitting here waiting for the calm to pass and the storm to dawn, but enjoying the former to the fullest by paying it the highest tribute possible of doing absolutely fuck all.

I could throw the question right back at you, though. :happy:

Why aren't you out in the clubs grinding dudes with the Mrs.?

Congrats on the $20,000 suit you'll undoubtedly look quite "professional" (read as pimp) in. :pimp:

As for the Clubs, I'm more of the "outside rope crowd" than the insider. Regardless, Married w/ kids > life, right? :cry:

Actually headed to watch some pirated shows (only entertainment in budget).*

*PLEASE KILL ME.

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Congrats on the $20,000 suit you'll undoubtedly look quite "professional" (read as pimp) in. :pimp:

As for the Clubs, I'm more of the "outside rope crowd" than the insider. Regardless, Married w/ kids > life, right? :cry:

Actually headed to watch some pirated shows (only entertainment in budget).*

*PLEASE KILL ME.

HAH.

A $20k suit will probably make me cry at this point. I've applied for this grant 6 times in the past 3 months alone. The money is actually for starting the company (it's my second privately owned business start-up, and the first is doing fantastic, so they were hesitant to part with money that could have gone to someone who needs the experience).

Psych/Suits are two shows that kept me going through my busy/stressful time these past few weeks. Give them a try. You won't (shouldn't) be disappointed in them. They're fantastic.

chalice
10-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Interesting how this turned out. I posted a little somefink wot I like to call deliberish, that is, deliberate gibberish.

How I determine when to post said deliberish, is quite an involved process, encompassing many factors and environmental parameters. Suffice to say (where laymen are concerned), I consume about two bottles of the vino rouge, do about four or five bongs of homegrown high-grade and post whatever the fuck comes into my long-suffering head. This invariably has an effect and ripples of pish lap long after I sober up.

I truly wish my brother had had Down's Syndrome. He would've been easier to keep an eye on, and there are very few instances of Down's children stabbing their siblings in their sleep. As to my daughter, well, this is a free forum. I defend your right to call her a retard.

chalice
10-22-2011, 03:10 PM
While we're on the subject, there are a couple of points of order I'd like to bring to board.

I employ idioms on this forum. This is to say that my every utterance, however distasteful, however unnecessary, pertain to a simple, personal code of conduct. Never once have I derided, exploited or otherwise damaged a person whom I've considered to be less than lucid. So called 'normal' people have the capacity to stand up for themselves and that's the arena within which I operate. Even referring to Rings's Twizler fingers is a joke about something that hasn't even happened yet.

I have a recorded distaste for any image/meme which exploits an actual handicapped child and I've been known to go to fucking town whenever such images have arisen.

There is a vast gulf between calling someone a retard and actively exploiting an actual person. Those of us with discernment know this. Those of us without it, don't.

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 04:29 PM
I defend your right to call her a retard.

I've seen your daughter's wonderful, enchanting essay. I knew we were not talking about that daughter. Her pure joy, and LOVE of life, (yet alone her delightful articulation of her vision and feelings on said condition) are what separate her from the posers who use their "diagnosis" as a reason to avoid taking part in a life. She revels in every moment.

chalice
10-22-2011, 04:44 PM
I defend your right to call her a retard.

I've seen your daughter's wonderful, enchanting essay. I knew we were not talking about that daughter. Her pure joy, and LOVE of life, (yet alone her delightful articulation of her vision and feelings on said condition) are what separate her from the posers who use their "diagnosis" as a reason to avoid taking part in a life. She revels in every moment.

I know that. You know that. Everybody fucking else knows that.

Do you think that Darthy knows that?

I do realise that what I post brings out the worst in people. That's probably why I do it.

chalice
10-22-2011, 05:31 PM
The thing about the internets is that it got shite about 4 years ago.

Round about the time I started winning. Erendira, my daughter, will post her thoughts tomorrow.

In the meantime, have a poem wot I've been writing since I've been twelve.

On a raspberry red road that ran razor-like for miles,
Until your feet got dazed and grazed by many cruel turns,
A little girl was stumbling, sobbing, seeking all the while
For a gush of grass, a splash of green on which to bathe her burns.

The way had not been willing much (if willing roads can be)
To play at host or toast the treks of funny folk with eyes.
It much preferred to wreck the pace of those who folly free.
And take its sport escorting this ephemeral demise.

On each side a tide of stones, a grinder milling sand.
Engulfed the world and hurled out grey and gritty storms.
A shifting space which left no trace of what was once the land.
Sulphur slaked with crimson, random, refusing to take form.

Amongst the stones clicked chalky bones of animal and man.
Fingers snapping and the flapping of fallen, failed wings.
Adventures dashed on crashing rocks, clapping of lost hands.
Or just freak fate of fools whose mystics promised other things.

The maid's given name was Heavenshade, a pretty epitaph.
Her home a moment hazy long before her pain arose.
Her feet two stony objects fallen subject to the path.
And two thirsty wounds withdrew from seeing far beyond her nose.

Revelations, reckonings and fancies beyond fact
Were her schooling, always pooling truth and half-forgotten lore.
History buffed with memory until what resulted lacked
Kinship with the stains of time or candor anymore.

Memories of mushroom, bat and other nightly fare.
Of dew, virtues of starlight and lunar attributes.
Of close of day, the time to say a sweet nocturnal prayer.
Lest the sun should settle and commit himself to roots.

Centuries, seconds, epochs, trices, seasons, spans and spells.
Cycles, gyres and spirals, whirligigs and days
Had gone the way of flaccid clocks and chronographic bells.
Until evidence of transience was smothered in the haze.

II
The Moon had lost her anchor and had ambled off in space.
Limply like a candle, flickering with fear.
A busted-booted schoolgirl weeping in disgrace.
Face fixed fiercely forward in a push to hide her tears.

Then the Sun had waxed magnificent, tragically wide.
And his mantle started swelling, massive, unconstrained.
The Moon, a burning exile with no pretense of pride,
Swooned, wounded, out of orbit, new trajectories attained.

"Know my impact by my absence", she warned upon her way.
And reflected that "my role here has been woefully miscast
Now you'll know of seabeds and of cactus and of clay
And make your love in daylight till your breed becomes the past".

"Too long your turgid throng of tears has lapped against my flame.
"Award the mighty murderer a horn to drink his fill.
"The dawn of dawns, all lines re-drawn, perdition, I proclaim.
"Solicit all that sates the tongue, lament all liquids spilled"

"Encrypt your odes with ravelled codes, sing not to the sky,
"Receive his light with feigned delight, bend as flattered yews.
"Waste not time with travelled rhyme, a new school rises nigh.
"You'll find behind your paradigm a quite indifferent muse".

And something more below the roar of celebrating day;
A pallid shrug of effort, a short yet plashing air
Fell upon diverted ears, alerting none to weigh
A seed of hope against a fecund desert of despair.

III
Heavenshade, a flower betrayed by unforgiving earth
Persisted on her twisting curve, reaching beyond sight
For a place where grace and shadow meet and both redeem their worth.
Where darkness spawns a beauty still unspoiled by tricks of light.

Cast out from caves into the drought, shoeless and exposed;
A burden doubling daily brimmed within her womb.
Cradle-crafting carpenters' caprices met their close.
Her folk invoked their love of life by toteming their tombs.

They'd spoke of token maps and meals to palliate her plight
Whilst wimpering of want of food and chasmfulls of kin.
They'd tapped her name into a chalky tablet of polite
Rebukes refuting escapades of exiles and their sins.

Fear and art explain, in part, how hearts and hymns beat out
And deify the debris and damnify the wise.
Lucid flesh becomes enmeshed in welcome knots of doubt
When tenderness affects the sight of long-neglected eyes.

Accusers' tracts and malefactors' motions come to naught
If half the crime goes pardoned, ardently unnamed.
Justice hacks in half-light at what chippings it has caught;
Unvenerable to vipers and a tyrant to the tamed.

Thus all was inhospitable, outwards and beyond.
Ash was heaped on loam to keep creation cramped within.
Heavenshade waylaid her wounds, tuned only to respond
To a dull yet dulcet, rising strain which sang behind her skin.

IV

Not without its squatters, those not tottered by the heat,
The road raked in a revenue, a lacquered, leeward breed
Who puddled thick in pockets, clutching dockets, in receipt
Of the crumbed-up, mordant morsels which the cinders would concede

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 05:56 PM
poem

tldr. :mellow:

chalice
10-22-2011, 06:02 PM
poem

Retard.

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 06:22 PM

Retard.

:lol:

OlegL
10-22-2011, 07:18 PM
This thread is about bags that people carry? I used to carry a bag when I was a college student. If I get readmitted into college, I will start carrying a bag again. I don't know anything about bag brands though. I never heard of Beene Attache before.

chalice
10-22-2011, 07:27 PM
This thread is about bags that people carry? I used to carry a bag when I was a college student. If I get readmitted into college, I will start carrying a bag again. I don't know anything about bag brands though. I never heard of Beene Attache before.

This thread is about so much more than that. It's more about you than any manbag.

This is the last time I'm ever gonna tolerate you, Olegl. Be warned. I don't fuck about.

OlegL
10-22-2011, 08:05 PM

This thread is about so much more than that. It's more about you than any manbag.

This is the last time I'm ever gonna tolerate you, Olegl. Be warned. I don't fuck about.

"If you are what you say you are, a superstar, then have no fear... 'cause the lights are on..."

chalice
10-22-2011, 08:13 PM

"If you are what you say you are, a superstar, then have no fear... 'cause the lights are on..."

Now you're mine, retard.

There is no diagnostic for Jewish Asperger's kids. They lack the foresight and the foreskin.

Where did my schmuck go?

All over the internets.

Artemis
10-22-2011, 09:52 PM
:glag:

chalice
10-27-2011, 10:30 PM
I asked my daughter to relate her thoughts on bullies on word. Context free.
Well...from my perspective, I think people think I’m crazy. I mean, at school, whenever I come close to someone, they’d immediately run away, which personally insults me slightly in my mind. I don’t know why, but the fact is that it does. It’s strange to me.

Yet I’m proud I’m an aspie. For me, it’s what’s makes me different than other children, because I have a lesser chance of failing important tests than others because of my mind. For me, Aspergers is what has made me smarter than others. It’s my personal dream to be a video game designer, and I think right now I am ok with computers and rather good in maths, both vital qualifications for the video game business. I also find getting ideas rather easy, and I have a pretty good knowledge of video games.

I think people think of me as strange. I do occasionally ramble on about random things (although I have no idea why), act strangely around other people, and although I am said to have a brilliant singing voice, I hate singing in front of other people. I stay away from others, and when its break time and lunch break, I don’t play with others unless there in my class, for they have got used to my strange acts and attitude, at least, that’s what I think.

By now you’re probably thinking, “Could this really be written by a 10 year old?” The answer, yes. But that is not the point. The point is, this is a document written by an aspie who wants to express her feelings, and this is my expression. Writing a complicated document to adults. I don’t know how I’m getting the ideas to write on, but I am still writing. Which I think is the point of writing anything that isn’t work, from writing a novel, to writing a letter to your best friends. You get the ideas in your mind, and write your favourite ones down until your mind has no ideas for that day.

People with bad judgement would think of people with autism as freaks in human form. If I had met any of these people, then I’d say that Sherlock Holmes is said to have autism. Hopefully, they would understand me and change they’re mind. Those who don’t – well, I would simply walk away and take no notice, no matter of the name-calling... and if they happen to call me a nerd or a geek, I would take it as a compliment. But then, that’s just me. Perhaps another autistic person would burst into tears. I don’t know. I can’t read peoples’ minds. It’s hard for me to even recognize someone’s feelings. I have no idea why. But then again, it’s my nature. I’m born different in mind.

I guess that’s all. You can remember this if you wish. This is the end of my speech. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Goodbye

I reckon Olegl could gather some kinda direction from this. If he doesn't, then I blame the barbarism of his parents.

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Erendira, my daughter, will post her thoughts tomorrow.

I've been waiting for this. Thank you for fulfilling your promise to do so, my friend. :happy:

First, a quick examination of her writing...

Outside of a couple mistakes with their/they're and its/it's, her writing is nearly flawless. Her ability to express her thoughts, and recognize the differences between herself, and "the others" is quite good for a college junior (roughly 3 years of university study *as an essay* and approximately 20 years in maturity) and yet alone a "disabled" 10 year old. Her paragraph structure is solid, and appropriately divided. Her self-awareness is obvious, and she is open to sharing those thoughts with her audience. While outsiders may remain somewhat mysterious, and unknown, she makes those points clear to the reader. Of course, research is a different area of writing- one I expect she would also excel in, but I have no way to determine that level of writing from this piece.

There's A LOT in this essay that takes older students years to develop, and be able to express clearly. I was surprised at how much other students struggled- my personal difficulty came from not wanting to reveal much of my personal life. Ironically, once I did, it not only became easier to write, but also began to strike greater interest with my audience. By the time I reached graduate school, I found myself a parent of a Down's Syndrome son. It is impossible to express one's thoughts as a father to such an audience without opening up all of the deeply emotional insights one gains from such an experience. At the age of 10, Erendira has already learned how to share what it is like to be "different"- that is something that takes a great amount of courage to share with strangers.

I recently completed my Master's in Communication, and have read and critiqued many fellow students' work over the years. Her writing is a joy to read- as must she to be around. Please sincerely thank her for her thoughts, and pay her my due respect for her talent.

And, thanks again for sharing your daughter's work, Chalice. :)

chalice
10-27-2011, 11:20 PM
I swear to fucking christ that my only advice was to break up her paragraphs.

True story.

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I swear to fucking christ that my only advice was to break up her paragraphs.

True story.

I would not have written such kind words had I suspected any kind of trickery. And, I think we have all (at least those of us who can perform beyond the single sentence level- that's 7 of us including Erendira now, right?) suffered from some lengthy paragraphs... :D

Quarterquack
10-27-2011, 11:37 PM
My English mastery was nowhere near hers' at 10 years of age.

Come to think of it, it wasn't till I turned 13 that I started to care about my structure, syntax and writing quality.

mjmacky
10-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I wrote something similar in elementary school, using terms like genius and intellectually flexible instead of aspie and autism. However, no one seemed to appreciate it, and it got me in trouble with everyone. I was labeled as having an attitude problem with a lack of respect for authority (one of the many repeated accusations).

Nobody called me inspiring until I was of age. My inner child is now upset.

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 12:02 AM

Come to think of it, it wasn't till I turned 13 that I started to care about my structure, syntax and writing quality.

Well, happy birthday! What do you plan to do now that you have reached your teens?

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Nobody called me inspiring until I was of age. My inner child is now upset.

I never said, "inspiring", I just enjoyed your quote about wanting to kill someone in the parking lot.

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 01:16 AM

Well, happy birthday! What do you plan to do now that you have reached your teens?

http://i.imgur.com/7tWQC.jpg

"Your mom" is also in the schematic, but she was all black and red after I was done with her. :mellow:

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 01:33 AM
You may beat my mom to a bloody pulp. You may say my joke was unfunny. But I do draw the line with your placement of my dot near IdolEyes.

Swine. :dry:

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 01:37 AM
You may beat my mom to a bloody pulp. You may say my joke was unfunny. But I do draw the line with your placement of my dot near IdolEyes.

Don't batter yourself, compadre.

It was only your one joke that got close to his level of unfunny. Even then, it was still closer to funny than he is. Some of you is all black.

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 03:55 AM
Even being half-way to Idol once cuts deep. Real deep. You know it, don't try to sugar coat it now... :(

IdolEyes787
10-28-2011, 03:17 PM

Don't batter yourself, compadre.

It was only your one joke that got close to his level of unfunny. Even then, it was still closer to funny than he is. Some of you is all black.

Spending your life being the butt of so many jokes ,I can understand why you may have lost your appreciation of what is truly funny.
Also basically I only post here to entertain myself so funny to anyone else or not ,hardly my concern.:mellow:

Btw strange thing is I could wake up tomorrow and say something funny but I think there is considerably less chance of waking up tomorrow and not being an insufferable wank.
Of course it could snow in Hell tomorrow so I might be wrong.

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
to entertain myself

I more picture your reaction to your posts as self-loathing or self-mutilating. I also picture you having a big angry grin most of the time you suffer through FST postings. Now that I ponder upon it, this doesn't resonate as a very pleasant experience for you, which prompts me to ask, why are you here Idol? FST time is better spent watching Louie until it is consumed once.

Artemis
10-28-2011, 04:39 PM

How is hell btw ? Found any good slopes and are you a skier or more of a snowboarder/poser ?

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I live in Heck. It's a suburb of Hell, and it's just raining here.

Yep, just another day of goats' blood and kittens' tears. At least the weatherman called it accurately.

Tomorrow calls for a 99.9% chance of squid ink and whale piss. :(

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Spending your life being the butt of so many jokes ,I can understand why you may have lost your appreciation of what is truly funny.
Also basically I only post here to entertain myself so funny to anyone else or not ,hardly my concern.:mellow:

Btw strange thing is I could wake up tomorrow and say something funny but I think there is considerably less chance of waking up tomorrow and not being an insufferable wank.

Your third sentence lacked me as a subject, unless you intended to call yourself an "insufferable wank".
Also, your third sentence used "insufferable" when "unsufferable" was the actual word you should have used.

At least if you're going to entertain yourself, you could do it in a quality conscious manner. Unless you think your audience of concern won't understand the importance of proper diction in the delivery of humor. But then we'd be dabbling in a lot of schizophrenic philosophies, and I'd rather keep things simple.

:idunno:

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I can't help but think, "What a proper diction". :P

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Dabbling is a word. Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:54 PM
The basis for EVERY on of my posts over the past 4 hours is the fact that I have had exactly zero hours of sleep, and have 2 sick (read snotty nose wipes every 5-7 minutes each) 20 month olds.

I'm rummy. I meant no edge to my post at all, Arnold.

:)

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I figure now is the time to show my murse. I just captured the light that reflects off of it with this contraption that allows me to talk with living other spirits (who are not required to be in my vicinity to do so).

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 07:36 PM
So, I just learnt a few things about you.

One, you are on some serious medications. Why else would they have a cap that's so close to a shade of red?
Two you play Sudoku, which makes me better than you since I prefer Chess.
Three, you use a telephone that was outdated in 1675, have failed to connect your ethernet cable (oh, you chemists, you), and yet somehow manage to pick leather for your murse.

It's like your wife picked it for you, since it's the only thing on that desk that doesn't scream "dinosaur".

Way to be contemporary. Lipstick in there to go with the rest of your meterosexualism?

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 07:38 PM
As an attempt at total disclosure, I used to carry a similar bag around my waist when I delivered pizzas. The bag was designed as a holster, but I quickly realized that many people were on to the fanny-pack holster, so I carried my 45 H&K USP Compact (sadly, I sold it in order to fail at a PC repair start-up) on my right hand side with an in-the-waistband holster. The last thing I wanted was to have someone surprise me with a weapon, and demand the fanny-pack carrying both the money, AND my loaded 45. :noes:

Never shot anyone, but I did have one guy shove a toy gun (looked real except the disc at the end of it) an inch from my face as a joke. Ha ha, I had my hand on my real gun and had already flipped the thumb safety off. There were a few tense seconds as I made THE decision. Lucky for him, I took one last glance and saw the orange "toy identifier" disc that keeps cops from shooting kids. I did, however, call the cops and told them that I had a valid concealed carry permit, and had very nearly shot the guy for his prank. I'm not certain what happened to the guy, but they NEVER ordered again. I think he must have gotten the "message"...

True story. Don't mess with the pizza guy. :01: (At our store, about 30% of us carried at any given time.)

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Bringing the McDonald's incident to your doorstep: MBM'S Pizzeria.

IdolEyes787
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Your third sentence lacked me as a subject, unless you intended to call yourself an "insufferable wank".
Also, your third sentence used "insufferable" when "unsufferable" was the actual word you should have used.

If you are going to pretend you know something it helps if the other person is as clueless as you. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insufferable):frusty:

IdolEyes787
10-28-2011, 07:47 PM

One, you are on some serious medications. Why else would they have a cap that's so close to a shade of red?
Three, you use a telephone that was outdated in 1675, have failed to connect your ethernet cable (oh, you chemists, you), and yet somehow manage to pick leather for your murse.

You're like a internet Sherlock Holmes if Sherlock Holmes only stated the obvious and was annoying as fuck.

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 07:48 PM

Bringing the McDonald's incident to your doorstep: MBM'S Pizzeria.

:gunsmilie :pizza:

Artemis
10-28-2011, 08:11 PM

You're like a internet Sherlock Holmes if Sherlock Holmes only stated the obvious and was annoying as fuck.

But I (as an internet Dr. Watson and therefore only sycophantic) also noticed that mjmacky hasn't fucking heard of adblockplus yet, yet has amongst his reading materials a Wiley operating system bible (I just can't tell which one :frusty:).
From this I deduce that mjmacky is either computer literate but lazy, or has a strange fetish for irritating adverts ?

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 08:24 PM

I didn't realize the Sherlock Holmes universe had any black characters. Who does that make you?

P.S. Add racist to your list of qualities that you accredit to me.
P.P.S. What was Sherlock's view on slavery? I mean clearly he dragged Watson around like a bitch*.

But I (as an internet Dr. Watson and therefore only sycophantic) also noticed that mjmacky hasn't fucking heard of adblockplus yet, yet has amongst his reading materials a Wiley operating system bible (I just can't tell which one :frusty:).
From this I deduce that mjmacky is either computer literate but lazy, or has a strange fetish for irritating adverts ?

It's probably Wiley's analytical chemistry or organic chemistry. You're giving him too much credit to be reading more material than he has given us reason to believe he reads. So, yes, as *my apprentice, you have skipped the obvious yet again, Watson.

Artemis
10-28-2011, 08:31 PM

It's probably Wiley's analytical chemistry or organic chemistry. You're giving him too much credit to be reading more material than he has given us reason to believe he reads. So, yes, as *my apprentice, you have skipped the obvious yet again, Watson.

Well I knew it was a stretch but then chances of me recognising a chemistry reference are fairly slim unless someone physically struck me with the tome. This does not however change the deduction......

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 08:58 PM
As a critical note, this photo was taken in my lab, it should bring many other things into context that have seemed to lead to some baffling conclusions.

My system of reordering chemicals, I leave the empty bottles on my desk. That right there is a bottle of tertbutylammonium perchlorate from Sigma-Aldrich (the company commonly employs the use of red caps). 90179

I too do play Sudoku, like you would do, who knew? Chess would require a board, pieces, another person interested in playing Chess, and I'm short on another person (as well as all the other things).

This is true about the phone, it appears to have been installed at the same time the building was constructed. The "new" ones don't really look that much better, inhibiting my willingness to break it and put in a work order for a new one. As far as the 10/100 ethernet, I had just gotten back from a meeting and was still connected via WiFi, so no issues there (and nothing clever to say about it, I even bored me with that one).

leather... meterosexualism

This was not only my choice, but had been the object of my hunt for several weeks. If you might recall, prior to my acquisition of the very sexy murse you see there, I carried around a cardboard can (I commonly refer to it as a tin can). Do to the insane feeling I get when rubbing my fingertips against certain surfaces, like that of a polyester bag, the replacement/upgrade HAD to be leather. My reaction to certain textures is akin to the typical reaction to nails on chalkboards, except multiplied 10 times, and usually with physical convulsions/violent movements. I scoured countless retail outlets, kiosks, mall shops, until I came across one specialty leather store (all things leather). It was there that manbag and I first met, frolicked in the open areas between merchandise stands, caressed each others hides, etc. Ours is an affection superceding man-wallet, woman-purse, and chavis-gnome dynamics. The clarity of a nearly opaque bathroom window would reveal more to those peaking inside than the layers of struggle and emotion our love dwells within. I impugn thee, to search the lexicon or the creative wordsmith leasing space in your own imagination to label the love between myself and my manbag.

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 09:02 PM
I had a valid concealed carry permit

Considering how these other piranhas jumped on to personal details, I'm kind of surprised you didn't shoot me in the face. This isn't an attempt to assess your character as it is to point out the contrast in the atmosphere. So, was it a polyester bag?

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 09:05 PM

Well I knew it was a stretch but then chances of me recognising a chemistry reference are fairly slim unless someone physically struck me with the tome. This does not however change the deduction......

It is similar to what Darth said, it relates to Chemistry Education, it's older and currently serves as a paperweight. I don't read much of anything beyond journal articles and things I can read off a computer/phone screen.

And about adblocking, I run chrome as my no frills browser, no addons or alterations. Firefox carries my customized tastes.

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for attending the psychoanalytical exercise with the subject of mjmacky, perhaps this can be continued in the future; next I'll put on exhibit my bathroom, and while I'm at it, my asshole.

Artemis
10-28-2011, 09:16 PM
And here was me thinking that this internet pseudonym of yours was simply you using your asshole to it's fullest extent. :blink:

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
And here was me thinking that this internet pseudonym of yours was simply you using your asshole to it's fullest extent. :blink:

mjmacky is my first name, no capitalization, not even by the Germans. You shall call me by my father's name, Ayefuggoats.

chalice
10-28-2011, 09:24 PM

mjmacky is my first name, no capitalization, not even by the Germans. You shall call me by my father's name, Ayefuggoats.

I had high hopes for you. Thought you could've been me, only better.

Turns out you're only yourself. Disappointing all round.

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 09:29 PM

I thought it was an unspoken understanding that I couldn't stunter cut, nor gnolish a poem. Then you ingested the umbilical with no comment on the marinade I gave it.

chalice
10-28-2011, 09:32 PM

I thought it was an unspoken understanding that I couldn't stunter cut, nor gnolish a poem. Then you ingested the umbilical with no comment on the marinade I gave it.

Maybe we're not so different after all. That was some impressive nonsense right there.

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Considering how these other piranhas jumped on to personal details, I'm kind of surprised you didn't shoot me in the face. This isn't an attempt to assess your character as it is to point out the contrast in the atmosphere. So, was it a polyester bag?

My wife is the only one I shoot in the face. :mellow:

The fanny-pack holster was black leather. It was quite similar to this one...

It was a bit more two-tiered like your bag.

Quarterquack
10-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Forgive me for not being accustomed to Sigma-Aldrich. I'm more of the man who places Invitrogen and Eppendorf orders at my lab.

On other subjects: You and I aren't much different, then.

List of things I can't touch without experiencing your coined nail-on-chalkboard sensation: Bubblewrap, Styrofoam, Polyester, Nylon. Pretty much the only things I'd be okay with are oiled woods, tanned leathers, cotton/silk, glass and aluminium.

Also, being a chemist and all, like, what's your take on JQ1? I spent the better part of my day dealing with maintaining a stem cell culture for a fellow who clearly shouldn't be tasked with them, so being in a lab forever on my off-week got my panties up in a bunch and I started reading about Harvard's latest research so that I can move there. I'm more involved with immunology, so I'm late to the molecular cellular signatures party.

And since you posted your man-bag and associated man space I'm obliged to have you judge me right back (even though I never wanted to judge you, I just wanted to show my wits about, like):

http://i.imgur.com/JSDeS.jpg

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 01:17 AM
List of things I can't touch without experiencing your coined nail-on-chalkboard sensation: Bubblewrap, Styrofoam, Polyester, Nylon. Pretty much the only things I'd be okay with are oiled woods, tanned leathers, cotton/silk, glass and aluminium.

Glass is the fucking best.

what's your take on JQ1

I haven't read an actual article on it, my previous relations to cancer research kept me focused mainly on collaborations involving me directly. I worked with candidates' permeability through HeLa cell membranes monitoring concentration within and extracellularly, and determining reversibility and formation of metabolites. Though we mostly focused on standard chemotherapeutic agents since it was proof of concept. I abandoned the project quietly for selfish reasons (my forgetfulness allowed me to kill 72 frozen cultures, forgot to fill the liquid N2 in a timely fashion). I now use electrochemical monitoring to elucidate the catalytic mechanism by which specific metallo-porphyrins catalyze cyclopropanation reactions. It's boring as well, but will probably get me a JACS publication and put a nice golden crown on my body of research before I move on.

And since you posted your man-bag and associated man space I'm obliged to have you judge me right back (even though I never wanted to judge you, I just wanted to show my wits about, like):

Don't worry, I never feel the effects of being judged (otherwise chavis would have had me in tears long ago). All in good fun chap, all in good mean fun (followed by evil smile). I can't make determinations until I know this is a home location or work/office location.

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 01:18 AM
It was a bit more two-tiered like your bag.

I have to say, that appears to be a nice bag. Maybe we can get together one time and handle each other's bags. Well, that is unless you already had yours removed :ohmy:

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 01:21 AM

Maybe we're not so different after all. That was some impressive nonsense right there.

I'm pretty sure you just called me [a] reject, or a cunt. I feel neutral about it; however, I do plan to disappoint or cause ire in the future.

megabyteme
10-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Maybe we can get together one time and handle each other's bags.

You seem nice, and all, but I've just never been much for wife swapping. :noes:

Quarterquack
10-29-2011, 01:31 AM
Home space.

I have no actual work space, except for a locker, and my own personal table-top centrifuge that if I break, I repair or pay for. Same goes for some personal gel apparatus, some stains and random reagents here and there (NADH being a supply that I never run short on), and a microscope with UV attachments.

EDIT: I'm actually working on getting my own personal lab started at home. I've saved aside a little under 20 grand, which between hand-sawing most of my isolation parts, investing in some UV lamps, glass casting of some materials, spending on a set of home-made rotors, buying a microscope, and a few dozen I/O interface options shouldn't be much off the mark for everything I could possibly need at home. Been thinking about starting a kickstarter project and providing all backers some sort of cool microscopy tailored to themselves in return. Trying to find a journal that supports independent start-ups more than actual research (kind of like Citizen Science Quarterly) to post the collage in as sort of a bigger incentive.

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 05:46 AM
You seem nice, and all, but I've just never been much for wife swapping. :noes:

I didn't say baggage now did I? Anyways, I'm getting mixed signals with you looking at hotties

mjmacky
10-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Home space.

I have no actual work space, except for a locker, and my own personal table-top centrifuge that if I break, I repair or pay for. Same goes for some personal gel apparatus, some stains and random reagents here and there (NADH being a supply that I never run short on), and a microscope with UV attachments.

EDIT: I'm actually working on getting my own personal lab started at home. I've saved aside a little under 20 grand, which between hand-sawing most of my isolation parts, investing in some UV lamps, glass casting of some materials, spending on a set of home-made rotors, buying a microscope, and a few dozen I/O interface options shouldn't be much off the mark for everything I could possibly need at home. Been thinking about starting a kickstarter project and providing all backers some sort of cool microscopy tailored to themselves in return. Trying to find a journal that supports independent start-ups more than actual research (kind of like Citizen Science Quarterly) to post the collage in as sort of a bigger incentive.

I don't know how you plan to fit that all in that tiny workspace I saw. As far as those types of journals go, I know they exist, but they're rarely read (relatively). If the idea is to get a grant, they won't help much in that endeavor. You also have a small budget there, I'm assuming you're buying used off of other labs (for the things that can't be constructed). I'm just full of criticism tonight, aren't I? I guess I should have just asked, what's the end goal?

Quarterquack
10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
I don't know how you plan to fit that all in that tiny workspace I saw. As far as those types of journals go, I know they exist, but they're rarely read (relatively). If the idea is to get a grant, they won't help much in that endeavor. You also have a small budget there, I'm assuming you're buying used off of other labs (for the things that can't be constructed). I'm just full of criticism tonight, aren't I? I guess I should have just asked, what's the end goal?

The tiny workspace is nothing but the computer hub. I have an entire empty basement to myself with but one other corner taken up by my television/ps3 combination.

And it's not for a grant, the idea is to give people an incentive to donate through me, and I'll "write them up the ropes" of getting their pictures/ideas in a journal.

As for the end goal, work-at-home-as-a-hobby, pretty much. Juggling two (graphic design and immunology) jobs, along with running my own business leaves me with a little bit too much overhead for a stay-at-home son. I don't mind investing that sort of money into my own personal research at home. That's the end goal. Not looking to cure cancer out of my basement, but let's say run double-checks or dry runs of experiments before it comes time to put the game face on can never be a bad thing. And I can always finish experiments at home if we get cutoff halfway through because the coordinator wants to go in a different direction.

I don't see me having my PhD within the next 5 years, so I see no reason to wait until then and my post-doc to run my own lab.

megabyteme
10-29-2011, 12:57 PM
I have an entire empty basement to myself with but one other corner taken up by my television/ps3 combination.

I can only hope* your captors allow you sunlight, and proper nutrition. :console:

*Not really, that would imply care. Although, I can imagine an intense scene...

Captor: It applies lotion to its skin.

DR: No, I want out. OOOUUUTTT!!!

C: It puts the lotion on its skin!

DR: I have your little doggie here!

Dog: YELP!

C: Stop kicking him! What does It want in exchange for my dog?

DR: I want a LEATHER MURSE...

Squeamous
10-30-2011, 09:14 AM
I figure now is the time to show my murse. I just captured the light that reflects off of it with this contraption that allows me to talk with living other spirits (who are not required to be in my vicinity to do so).

It's a sad indictment on this thread that this is the most manly thing on it. It is the sort of bag a serial killer carries around his garrote in though.

chalice
10-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Dennis Thatcher just rang. He says he wants his hard-nosed bitch back.

Quarterquack
10-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Great, now we'll end up losing one of our more prominent dicks, and given this thread as a contextual problem it's clearly a necessity to keep those around.

Artemis
10-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Great, now we'll end up losing one of our more prominent dicks, and given this thread as a contextual problem it's clearly a necessity to keep those around.

Are you going somewhere ?

Squeamous
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM

:innocent:

chalice
10-31-2011, 11:33 PM

I was gonna go with Ian Brady at first, but clearly you're a gurl and probably would've cried and stuff.

Squeamous
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM

I was gonna go with Ian Brady at first, but clearly you're a gurl and probably would've cried and stuff.

Actually I'd rather be guilty of a few child murders than cultural genocide.

mjmacky
11-01-2011, 03:43 PM

Which could be considered an act of mercy, taking them out before they come upon many of the miseries of adult life.

Squeamous
11-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Which could be considered an act of mercy, taking them out before they come upon many of the miseries of adult life.

:emo:

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Yes, preventing the propagation of emo people.

Squeamous
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM

Yes, preventing the propagation of emo people.

Adult life is the best thing I've ever done. You must be doing it wrong.

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 06:40 PM

I already know I've done it wrong, maybe it'll get better by middle age.

megabyteme
11-03-2011, 06:56 PM

There's some wishful thinking...

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 07:34 PM

Depends on your outlook on a freefall.

Squeamous
11-03-2011, 09:12 PM

It probably will. By that time your life's work to alphabetise the content of the chemical cupboard at work will be complete, and you'll start pitching your next big challenge to publishers: 1001 Ways To Make Ramen Interesting. Plus, your wife will have finally perfected the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, which will be a blessed relief for you at social gatherings (provided you wake up before you soil yourself). There's also growing a ponytail, embarrassing yourself with a much younger woman, buying a motorbike and your children leaving home to look forward to. So come on, turn that frown upside down! :happy:

Depends on your outlook on a freefall.

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 11:35 PM
It probably will. By that time your life's work to [1]alphabetise the content of the chemical cupboard at work will be complete, and you'll start pitching your next big challenge to publishers: [2]1001 Ways To Make Ramen Interesting. Plus, your wife will have finally [3]perfected the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, which will be a blessed relief for you at [4]social gatherings (provided you wake up before you [5]soil yourself). There's also [6]growing a ponytail, [7]embarrassing yourself with a much younger woman, [8]buying a motorbike and [9]your children leaving home to look forward to. So come on, turn that frown upside down! :happy:

Just to be an annoying little ass, I will address the points as I numbered them within your quote
1. Alphabetization is never done, according to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. The work put into ordering a system can be expected to become undone, there is no basis to assume permanence
2. Why stop at 1001? You assume I wish to make a summary?
3. She can't perfect basic joint manipulation, let alone the technique of a reference she won't understand upon hearing it. Unless by nerve pinch you mean emotional distress, then she's already perfected it.
4. I hate social gatherings :emo:
5. No comment
6. I have such a thick head of hair, I don't think I could grow a pony tail even if I tried. If you met me in person, I would have had the thickest scalp of hair of anyone you've ever met. I actually envy balding a little. My hair has a tendency to grow upwards instead of lying down, I tried growing it out once until it started getting ridiculous (it was like a game of chicken, and it refused to lie down). So sadly, I think pony tails are a dream I'll have to forego.
7. Given the other commentary I've provided, I'm surprised you went with *embarrassing instead of *getting arrested. I'm among young 20-somethings now, but I could be teaching high schoolers next year :yikes:
8. I've already been the owner and seller of an 80cc scooter, so I'm sure I've already covered that highlight of life.
9. Still no childrens of my own lineage, and if I were ever to care for some youth, they'd probably be adopted. Not on the principle of overpopulation necessarily, but that the life of a human being isn't all that special, and the population that inhabits this world kind of sucks. I'd rather deprive it of the saving grace of my seed and let it lead itself to imminent destruction.

Edit:
Or maybe I'll get lucky and die of lung cancer first

megabyteme
11-03-2011, 11:43 PM

I hope it's not a too painful and nasty death for you.

:happy:

mjmacky
11-04-2011, 12:06 AM

I hope it's not a too painful and nasty death for you.

:happy:

I wouldn't mind it, I don't really feel like getting off Scott Free after all that tobacco consumption.

*I'm sure Scott has a different opinion

OlegL
11-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I've saved aside a little under 20 grand.

Oh man, I wish I had a job. I need that amount of money.

megabyteme
11-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I've saved aside a little under 20 grand.

I thought you got your money for nothin', and your chicks HAHAHAHAHAHA.

mjmacky
11-04-2011, 08:51 PM

He'll have to wait until he gets a sales job selling home appliances, he'll have to move those refrigerators and color TVs.

OlegL
11-05-2011, 07:22 PM

I need something like $1,000 to buy a computer with an intel i7 processor, but I don't have this amount of money now.

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 07:31 PM

I need something like $1,000 to buy a computer with an intel i7 processor, but I don't have this amount of money now.

Go into Best Buy and sign up for their credit card, then neglect to make any payments. Why feign a sense of responsibility now?

Quarterquack
11-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Why anyone would need an i7 processor is beyond me.

Marketing and tiering shite by Intel is why anyone buys that crap. I think of all the people I met, less than 2 people out of hundreds who I know bought an i7 processor actually use them for what they are architecturally and feature-wise equipped for.

An i7 is a good processor, but if you can find me something you do regularly an i5-2500k can't do equally as well as the best i7 processor out there, I'll be mighty impressed. I think people get carried away with clock speed and core temperatures and oft forget that optimization has as much to do with usability as hardware. A lot of software has a limitation based upon how it's coded, and a lot of processors (especially i7's) just cater to specific needs like rendering and modelling.

Unless you plan to actually graduate from University, Oleg, stick to i5.

Artemis
11-05-2011, 07:39 PM

Go into Best Buy and sign up for their credit card, then neglect to make any payments. Why feign a sense of responsibility now?

Just sign up for the credit card using the name 'Darth Rings' that should make you feel better Oleg. :fear:

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Unless you plan to actually graduate from University, Oleg, stick to i5.

If we're making recommendations based on personal merit, why not point him towards a Pentium 3?

Quarterquack
11-05-2011, 07:41 PM
If we're making recommendations based on personal merit, why not point him towards a Pentium 3?

I feared someone would think I'm calling him "slow" by association. :idunno:

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Oleg, you're slow

OlegL
11-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Okay, I don't know much about this stuff, but according to wiki, there are no i5 CPUs that have more than 4 cores, but there are some i7 CPUs that have 6 cores. I was told that freebsd can take full advantage of all cores that are available in a CPU, which means the more cores a CPU has, the faster I'll be able to compile stuff from the freebsd ports collection.

IdolEyes787
11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Okay, I don't know much about this stuff, but according to wiki, there are no i5 CPUs that have more than 4 cores, but there are some i7 CPUs that have 6 cores. I was told that freebsd can take full advantage of all cores that are available in a CPU, which means the more cores a CPU has, the faster I'll be able to compile stuff from the freebsd ports collection.

http://i42.tinypic.com/35bh1mt.jpg

It's thinking like that that made Greece what it is today.

Artemis
11-06-2011, 02:20 AM

You really don't strike me as able to compile anything more than an inane post history, but you will need a little bit more cash than $1,000 for a hex core based i7 processor system.

OlegL
11-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Well, on amazon.com, I saw two processors that sell for less than $600, and they are 6 core i7 processors. But, of course, I will need a complete computer system, not just a processor, so I don't know how much it will cost me.

Quarterquack
11-06-2011, 04:10 AM
Well add $100 for each of the case, graphics card, motherboard, PSU.
Add $20 for drives, RAM, heat sink, cables.

And that's only if you're going for bottom of the barrel, cheapest quality parts or maximum average.
Nobody would stick an i7 with RAM that costs $20 and a $100 mobo.

Artemis
11-06-2011, 04:45 AM

And that's only if you're going for bottom of the barrel, cheapest quality parts or maximum average.

The Hex core processors he is babbling about are LGA1366 package so you need an X58 chipset motherboard (not cheap) and matched tri-channel RAM (again not cheap). The Gulftown processors are the 970, 980 & 990 i7 Extreme processors with 12MB of cache and he will need alot more than $1,000 to build one of those puppies.

megabyteme
11-06-2011, 06:01 AM
What is wrong with the system you have now, Oleg? It seems to post annoying shit without fail. Obviously not at the end of its existence... What are you trying to do, compile a troll bomb for her on the site?

OlegL
11-06-2011, 06:07 PM

The Hex core processors he is babbling about are LGA1366 package so you need an X58 chipset motherboard (not cheap) and matched tri-channel RAM (again not cheap). The Gulftown processors are the 970, 980 & 990 i7 Extreme processors with 12MB of cache and he will need alot more than $1,000 to build one of those puppies.

There is nothing wrong with the fact that I dream about having such a computer. Sometimes dreams become reality.

megabyteme
11-06-2011, 07:49 PM
At least you aren't dreaming of a Mac. That's called a nightmare. :mellow:

mjmacky
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
There is nothing wrong with the fact that I dream about having such a computer. Sometimes dreams become reality.

Uh oh, I see where this is going Oleg. Once you actually have the dream computer, you're going to be evicted from your apartment and not allowed to go back in to collect your stuff. Then they're going to let you go in for a few days to play on your computer only if you don't post on any forums. But then you'll make some mundane comment about how you're using your computer again, on this forum or another, and they'll kick you right back out. Then you're back to writing boring letters to the super, Equifax, NYC charity programs.

OlegL
11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
please delete, I made an error.

mjmacky
11-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Now I am listening to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7gVu9JuqUk

Congratulations, but since it has absolutely no relevance or does it propagate any interest, why didn't you just post it in the "what I'm currently listening to thread"?

OlegL
11-06-2011, 10:42 PM
yeah, I should have done that.

mjmacky
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
yeah, I should have done that.

Exactly, so why not edit out your post and replace it with "made an error, please delete" and then report yourself.

OlegL
11-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Okay, if you want it, I will edit that post, but I won't report myself.

megabyteme
11-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Okay, if you want it, I will edit that post, but I won't report myself.

Just like a true gangsta, no snitchin', right?

OlegL
11-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Right.

megabyteme
11-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm pretty hardcore* myself. :01:

*For a white boy from a city with no gangs, street violence, or real poverty to speak of.

mjmacky
11-07-2011, 03:23 AM
I'm pretty hardcore* myself. :01:

*For a white boy from a city with no gangs, street violence, or real poverty to speak of.

Home/Condo Owners' Associations are more vile than gangs anyway.

megabyteme
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I came up on the street. It was a cul d sac, but it's a street none the less. :pimp:

OlegL
11-07-2011, 08:53 PM

I feared someone would think I'm calling him "slow" by association. :idunno:

It's actually a nice joke, and it made me smile. :) Just don't make any posts that are completely irrational.

megabyteme
11-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Just don't make any posts that are completely irrational.

Or any sudden moves...