PDA

View Full Version : Help me to understand What. CD

crdjhtw66
10-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi all. :)

At once I want to inform, that I never cheated or lied on trackers. I am not able to do it at all. I don't want to do it. It is simply not interesting for me. For me interesting only this - downloads, seeds and uploads to old rare music: blues, gospel, folk. More than two years I were engaged in it on the another tracker.

And my friend on this tracker, knowing me, as decent user, invited me to What. CD somewhere with one month ago. My nickname was crdjhtw66 on What. CD. I liked a choice of music on What. CD, and I started to downloads, seeds, uploads, trying to support my ratio at a normal level.
But in 2 weeks my account has been disabled. I installed mIRC and to try to contact staff of What. CD.
For the first time I had use mIRC, I not at once have understood the form of conversation, and for the first time I tried to contact to all in succession with the request to help. But then the representative of staff of What. CD to me began to talk, and I have understood.

They accuse me that I had multiple accounts and when I deny it, they accuse me that I lie.
They have asked about one user which I know on another tracker. Before they me banned, I added this user to my list of friends on What. CD.
I have contacted with him to find out. He has answered me, that him banned that he has not lifted the ratio in the put term and that he will not contact more them.
With this user we live in one region, he lives in the main city of our region, and I live in the other city of our region, but in IP-adress of my Internet-provider the name of the main city of our region is specified. But we have different Internet-providers, him Internet-provider is not present in our city.
All this I have described to the representative of staff of What. CD, but he has answered me " our decision is no re-enable you ". He does not answer me why, does not allow to send me to him screenshots our profiles on other trackers or our discussions on other trackers which occured before I registered on What. CD. He does not want to talk with me and kicks me from IRC.
I am shocked by unfair and rough attitude to me. :blink:
I have not made anything bad on What. CD that to me there was such attitude. :cry:

anon
10-08-2011, 12:26 AM
A What.cd thread? It's been a while since the last one. :unsure:

vBooM
10-08-2011, 12:29 AM
sure it wasnt a banned invite tree?

LubTheStaringCat
10-08-2011, 01:24 AM
What.CD has a nasty habit of that, It don't matter If you're a good user or not...once you're disabled it's na yeon Impossible to get your account back.
There's always Waffles.FM they're a lot more laid back, maybe about half the amount of torrents, but as long as you keep a decent ratio you should be OK.

bRIO
10-08-2011, 02:59 AM
It is unfortunate that it had to go down this way; but as the above poster pointed out, it is not an uncommon occurrence at such big sites. Considering the sheer number of users the the staff has to deal with, personal discretion often takes a backseat to 'simply going by the book' and that's what seems to have been done on this occasion. Sadly, not much you can do besides moving on to an another tracker.

P.S. May be as a last resort, going in to their IRC with the other guy (whose account they mistook as your duplicate) and providing them some profile shots from other trackers. Its unlikely it'd work but worth a shot.

zoeygirly
10-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Was the "friend" someone that also used your computer to access the site?

ExtraDry
10-08-2011, 05:07 AM

if you used your mates computer or the other way around it will show in your ip history as a dupe ip with another user, or you used some kind of proxy like (tor) would be a problem
I'd say in there rules it doesn't allow this, if you tried to get your account back not going to enable it then need to let it go find a replacement.

crdjhtw66
10-08-2011, 10:57 AM
sure it wasnt a banned invite tree?

They don't banned to my inviter and he has invited only one person - me.

What.CD has a nasty habit of that, It don't matter If you're a good user or not...once you're disabled it's na yeon Impossible to get your account back.
There's always Waffles.FM they're a lot more laid back, maybe about half the amount of torrents, but as long as you keep a decent ratio you should be OK.

Thanks. I am already registered on Waffles.FM, I like this tracker, but I don't understand why me so have unfairly considered on What.CD.

It is unfortunate that it had to go down this way; but as the above poster pointed out, it is not an uncommon occurrence at such big sites. Considering the sheer number of users the the staff has to deal with, personal discretion often takes a backseat to 'simply going by the book' and that's what seems to have been done on this occasion. Sadly, not much you can do besides moving on to an another tracker.

P.S. May be as a last resort, going in to their IRC with the other guy (whose account they mistook as your duplicate) and providing them some profile shots from other trackers. Its unlikely it'd work but worth a shot.

Probably to me really simply has not carried, but my case shows, that their system of secure can be mistaken and expel innocent users.
I try to recollect now: probably I have not log-out from What. CD on the domestic computer, and then have come for work and have log-in to What. CD from the worker net-book. On work at me another Internet-provider, and on work I don't downloads-uploads. There can be it too has resulted in a problem?
I also thought what well to communicate to them on IRC simultaneously with the other guy (whose account they mistook as my duplicate), but he wrote to me in PM, that he will not contact more them.

No, only I.

if you used your mates computer or the other way around it will show in your ip history as a dupe ip with another user, or you used some kind of proxy like (tor) would be a problem
I'd say in there rules it doesn't allow this, if you tried to get your account back not going to enable it then need to let it go find a replacement.

I don't used proxy. Probably I have not log-out from What. CD on the domestic computer, and then have come for work and have log-in to What. CD from the worker net-book. On work at me another Internet-provider, and on work I don't downloads-uploads. There can be it too has resulted in a problem?

beezy192
10-08-2011, 12:17 PM
I worked my ass off trying to get a What.cd account and when I got in I found that inspite of the immense collection, you can't download anything. To me, Waffles, LosslessWorld and Adamsfile are enough. What.CD should introduce some bonus points or atleast some freeleech periods.! :/

anon
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't used proxy. Probably I have not log-out from What. CD on the domestic computer, and then have come for work and have log-in to What. CD from the worker net-book. On work at me another Internet-provider, and on work I don't downloads-uploads. There can be it too has resulted in a problem?

Worker netbook = using your workplace's Internet, or a shared computer?

ExtraDry: if I remember correctly, the rules were like "using someone else's PC, both are banned if he/she screws up; proxies, you're doomed".

jowa_cd
10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I find it interesting how when such threads pop up everyone automatically assumes that the OP is innocent and we're evil...

To crdjhtw66, I have spent 10 minutes looking at your "case" and from what I can see there is no room for doubt that you have had more than one account. I really wish I could help you, but I am quite confident that you were not treated unfairly.

This might have been somewhat true 3 years ago, but I'd like to say that we re-enable a lot of users providing they are honest, some of whom most other trackers would never even consider.

crdjhtw66
10-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Worker netbook = using your workplace's Internet, or a shared computer?

ExtraDry: if I remember correctly, the rules were like "using someone else's PC, both are banned if he/she screws up; proxies, you're doomed".

Working netbook is simply my separate computer on my work for sending and reception of the post correspondence. He in any way is not connected to my domestic computer. There the separate Internet - provider. On him I also do not use proxies.

I find it interesting how when such threads pop up everyone automatically assumes that the OP is innocent and we're evil...

To crdjhtw66, I have spent 10 minutes looking at your "case" and from what I can see there is no room for doubt that you have had more than one account. I really wish I could help you, but I am quite confident that you were not treated unfairly.

This might have been somewhat true 3 years ago, but I'd like to say that we re-enable a lot of users providing they are honest, some of whom most other trackers would never even consider.

To jowa_cd, thank you very much, it is really pleasant for me, that the representative of What. CD has paid attention to mine thread and has tried to understand my problem.
However I can tell you, that the system of secure of What. CD is far from perfect, if your system shows, that I had more than one accounts, but I had only one account.
I read on others Internet-forums about similar problems on What. CD. To one user which too accused in double-account, but which re-enabled, I have written in PM. He has answered me, that after dialogue in IRC, he sent the screenshots with profiles him and another user, and then his account was re-enabled.
Why to me do not allow to make as? In PM I am ready to give the information about me or about the friend, which is required to prove the my innocence.
I thought, that everyone know about a presumption of innocence, but on What.CD to me do not allow to prove the innocence. If the staff of What.CD allow to another user, but don't allow to me, this is discrimination to me. I don't understand why?
Unfortunately, at me almost did not remain hopes, that my account re-enabled, but can be you pay attention to mistakes of your system of secure, and others innocent users will not suffer, as I.
Thank that have wasted time on me. My conscience is pure. And this main thing for me. Honest user - crdjhtw66

Thank all for advice and attempts to help me. :)

P2PDog
10-09-2011, 01:15 AM

I can assure you that not everyone assumes that, and if I had to guess I'd say not even a majority do. In fact, when I see threads like this one I wait with eager anticipation for a staffer from said site to show up and shed a bit of light on the situation. In almost every case the situation is quite different from what the OP presents :)

Mind you, not every situation is the same, and in each case you have to decide whose story is most credible, but it's always usually interesting to see how different each side's story is.

That's quite true. I've seen many examples of it. I've been surprised at some of the places what's staffers have shown up, and with some of the people they've re-enabled.

megabyteme
10-09-2011, 02:30 AM

I typically don't even read these threads anymore since so many users make a public spectacle out of their ban, and it ultimately ends up with evidence the one banned was just venting/trying to make the site look bad.

If there is a tipping of the scales towards the user in a thread like this, it is most likely because most of us can't muster enough interest to read such whining/venom.

WhatCD is highly respected, has a HUGE member base, and a WONDERFUL collection of music. While my tastes for digital media usually lean in the direction of movies or ebooks, I am still in awe of such a site. I have one RL friend who had never used BT, and I set him up with What, and it completely blew his mind. It is always fun to set up a non-filesharing friend with a site like What. It is like walking into the world's best music store, and being told EVERYTHING is in the absolute highest quality, and is FREE!

People get a bit excited. :D

Thanks for your efforts to make the site what it is! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

ca_aok
10-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Generally, these threads are just a good source of lulz :D

jowa_cd
10-09-2011, 01:21 PM
He has answered me, that after dialogue in IRC, he sent the screenshots with profiles him and another user, and then his account was re-enabled.
Why to me do not allow to make as? In PM I am ready to give the information about me or about the friend, which is required to prove the my innocence.
The thing is, such screenshots aren't going to prove much. If that was enough to get the user you are talking about re-enabled, it probably means the circumstances were quite different.

Feel free to send me a PM here including as much info as possible. I promise I'll look at it, but I can't promise it will help.

anon
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Neither of you can send PMs... yet.

crdjhtw66
10-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Feel free to send me a PM here including as much info as possible. I promise I'll look at it, but I can't promise it will help.

To jowa_cd : thank you for attempt to help me. It means for me really much. :)

I yet do not know as I can to send you a PM here, (can to me will prompt dear anon :) ) ...

Neither of you can send PMs... yet.

To anon : please. promt me, how I can send the confidential information to jowa_cd? If I shall write my e-mail in post, whether it will be considered as infringement of rules?

Artemis
10-09-2011, 10:50 PM
To Send PMs

You must be a member for 15 days.
You must make at least 5 posts on the forum.

One more post then hurry up and wait for the required time.

crdjhtw66
10-09-2011, 10:59 PM
To P2PDog, megabyteme, ca_aok : thank for your opinions. It would be desirable to write much, but I shall write while only it:

Even if to imagine that I know how to make more than one account on What. CD, and even if to imagine that I'm a cheater and a liar,
then I wouldn't grovel to plead for help in IRC where me expel and kick,
I wouldn't write to users with similar problems on different Internet-forums,
I wouldn't register on FST and I wouldn't began to thread, (and it all so hard to do in nonnative language).
And what I would make?
I just would make one more account on What.CD.
But maybe I'm beginner or newbie but I'm no cheater and I'm no liar.

To Artemis : thanks for help me. I'm waiting. :)

kukushka
10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
3 years ago sexten dealt with similar stuff @ what.cd. can't say anything bad about that time, i had very positive experience when i needed to resolve problems with some of my invitees. but two years ago, there was ted maul already and it was emmm a whole different story

anon
10-09-2011, 11:08 PM
If I shall write my e-mail in post, whether it will be considered as infringement of rules?

Yes, e-mail posting isn't allowed here. jowa's 1 post short of having PM privileges, but that doesn't help much when you still need to wait another week. That makes it sort of difficult for you two to talk privately as far as this forum is concerned.

Slickerey
10-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Generally, these threads are just a good source of lulz :D
Your post sums up this thread. :rolleyes:

crdjhtw66
10-09-2011, 11:28 PM
To anon : thanks for explanation to me. I'll be wait. :)

Skiz
10-09-2011, 11:38 PM
If I shall write my e-mail in post, whether it will be considered as infringement of rules?

Yes, e-mail posting isn't allowed here.

There is no rule of any kind against posting an email address. :huh:

anon
10-09-2011, 11:51 PM
I was under the impression posting e-mails to evade the PM and invite section prerequisites wasn't allowed. But then again that could be a broader interpretation from my side.

jowa_cd
10-10-2011, 10:41 AM
To anon : thanks for explanation to me. I'll be wait. :)
or just come back in #what.cd-disabled and wait for me to contact you, that'll work too.

crdjhtw66
10-10-2011, 09:46 PM
To Skiz : thanks for help. Nice avatar. :)

To jowa_cd : thank you very much! Certainly I contact you in *what.cd-disabled soon but I see that I with you am on a site in different time. I will have days off on Thursday and on Friday and then I shall try to contact you in *what.cd-disabled. Thank once again, you the sensitive and decent person. :)

zoeygirly
10-11-2011, 02:30 AM
I was under the impression posting e-mails to evade the PM and invite section prerequisites wasn't allowed. But then again that could be a broader interpretation from my side.

That's what i thought as well but maybe we are just thinking "common sense" instead of an actual rule?

crdjhtw66
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
I ask moderator to close this thread because jowa_cd - admin from What.CD has considered my problem and has given me the benefit of the doubt and re-enabled my account despite of set of concurrences with user which live in one region with me.

I also want to tell that jowa_cd - the sensitive, decent and fair person and to thank him with all my heart.

I thank also everyone, who posting in this thread. :)