PDA

View Full Version : What BTN taught me [RESPONSE]

backie
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Not being a smart-ass, backie, but out of pure curiosity, is there a BT site that you have nothing but praise for? If so, which one?

Simple answer is no. No site is perfect always room for improvement. If we don't point them out they don't know, if we point them out and they ban us we know what sort of people they are. I've bashed both sites for legit reasons. But lets be clear BTN has won the battle for top tv torrent site. No one expected it, no one really seen it coming for clear reasons.

Open torrent sites are more perfect than any current private torrent site. If you ever stop someone from stealing something you will ever steal yourself then you're corrupt. What I want, is a torrent site were you steal as much as possible and good times roll. Not somewhere where they refuse you entry because at some point you said "they should be glad to have us as members". (roughly) When they act like that then it's a case they want power not freedom. Private torrent sites need to learn to be free and not act like dick heads.

However this post was about how ratio systems lean towards people not downloading. Seriously we all know the flaws of the ratio download system, if we all download what we've seeded then noone can download at all/ BTMusic saw the logic a long time ago, 0.7 is the ratio required there I believe. A clear sign that we need to download more than we seed, if we all download as much as we seed there isn't any downloading to happen as we never downloading anything to happen, since we start with zero. Also it's the laws of taking someone has to take more than he is given and someone has to give more than he has taken. Life isn't fair.

Also BTN have a semi strick and flawed policy on HNR's because otherwise they would have to seedbox everything and they are to cheap to step up. BMTV has well seeded stuff because most people need to spend months seeding stuff to download another episode, BTN steps up and they can download what they want and just keep their computer on for a month. More freedom at BTN than BMTV, sure if you're a seedwhore who fucks everyone else over and puts some serious work in then good times roll at BMTV, other wise good times roll at the site with the higher torrent count, BMTV.

Sure we have and will always find torrents else where, but it's all in the numbers, BTN current (as I believe) have more torrents than BMTV. Why would I want to use a site that is harder to use than somewhere else.

Yes the second rate sites are ok, but they are second rate for a reason. One, their torrent is less. Second their speeds are slower. Why would I use a site which is slower and has less a selection and thirdly probably bans more members. Again such sites are second rate. I for one like to use the first tier sites and not the second.

**CROSS POST**

Would have been but apparently my thread got closed on FST, new one required :D

Night0wl
10-09-2011, 08:53 PM
BTMusic went back up from 0.8 to 1.0 with long advance notice. Happy hours make up for it. So moot point, as they found it wasn't the optimum solution.

Just for the record also. You say second rate sites, as you mean all others. E.g. TVTorrents.com has existed since 2003. Speeds are usually great even on old stuff. They have more members than probably all the other TV sites combined. Extremely easy to seed. Their peer number went up over 30% in just the last year, which is what is causing current intermittent downtime.

If you are calling that a second rate site, then you better take a good long look at yourself, because you are then officially nothing but a level whore.

theman5
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Older doesn't always mean better. Also, I agree that with BTN, I don't even touch a lot of the other TV trackers anymore.

gamesover
10-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Wherever Backie goes drama is sure to follow :lol:

I wonder if this will become another 11 page masterpiece like your last thread.

mjmacky
10-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I wonder if this will become another 11 page masterpiece like your last thread.

No, not worth the effort, it'll just get closed like the last one

IdolEyes787
10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Wherever Backie goes drama is sure to follow :lol:

If someone insists on wearing boxing gloves all the time one can assume they are looking for is a fight.:mellow:

Btw while for a change Blackie does make some good points here, I believe the overwhelming factor functioning on some sites isn't corruption but the need for certain individuals to assert control over others.
Power is a heady thing especially for a young person who is normally use to not having any.

Pwner101
10-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I think I need to agree with night0wl about tvt... they seem better than bmtv and BTN imho. Even though they have the normal ratio requirements they tend to have more content... and its easy to seed back anyways.

Night0wl
10-14-2011, 12:49 AM
I think I need to agree with night0wl about tvt... they seem better than bmtv and BTN imho. Even though they have the normal ratio requirements they tend to have more content... and its easy to seed back anyways.

If you didn't keep deleting me for inactivity, I would would probably like your site as well. Never had the the chance to even have an opinion though. Just FYI when I asked about inactivity rules on TVTorrents, I was told as long as you used the account, you wouldn't be deleted. I was once inactive for more than a year and I was still there. The rest of pretty much all torrent sites could learn from this. We are not all children, so stop behaving like children with 42day inactivity rules etc. While you won't get much info on me, my age is not some random number.

Funkin'
10-14-2011, 01:37 AM
^ Be prepared for the "if you go inactive for that long then you really don't want your account", and other blah, blah, blah type of responses.

I totally agree with you though. Just about every other site can take a page from TVT.com or FSC's inactivity rules.

Night0wl
10-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Actually FSC disable members after a while and you need to go to IRC (usually) to resolve, so they could learn something too. TVT is the only site I know off with really nice inactivity rules for grownups.

Funkin'
10-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Don't you have to be inactive for a very long time though before you get disabled? I remember one of the staffers here posting once that they didn't log in for a year and their account was still active. They might have changed things up a little while ago though.

And I know E is pretty relaxed on inactivity too. Take a look at the member list there and you'll see that a lot haven't logged in for many months. I think I've some with upwards to a year of inactivity. KG too. I know I go sometimes eight or nine months without logging in, and I've never had a problem.

But your point stands, most trackers have that bullshit sixty or ninety day rule. At least trackers like RevTT will send you an email letting you know that you're inactive and will soon get disabled if you don't log in.

Night0wl
10-14-2011, 04:15 AM
I had a IRL friend invited to FSC with clear info that he wouldn't be able to log in sometimes for months. He went to jail for some bogus charge for 40 days and of course wanted to concentrate on family when he got out. I had to write staff there because I saw in my friends list he was disabled. This was after maybe 4 months, after I clearly explained before even having him invited there, that login issues would happen. So yeah, I thought FSC was lax regarding inactivity, but not anymore.

Like you say KG is ok and TVT is ok, but I assure you FSC is not ok, and thankfully I got it fixed before he saw it. Because I had before even inviting him explained that FSC wasn't like other sites. Except I was wrong.

Funkin'
10-14-2011, 05:24 PM
That's bad luck. One of my FSC invitees was inactive for something like eighty or ninety weeks and the account just recently got disabled.

johhny
10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
on FSC it also depends on user class:)

Roark
10-15-2011, 02:59 PM
I far prefer ratio sites to sites that enforce H&R rules, but I've been thrilled about how BTN has exceeded Bitmetv in every way. It really couldn't have happened to a better bunch of assholes at BMTV.

They've been nicer to their dwindling membership lately, so just a reminder of what they used to be like: http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/226615-have-bitmetv-bufferd?p=2252116#post2252116

And ibslice (now known as Q) was widely acknowledged to be one of their "good" admins.