PDA

View Full Version : Karagarga vs PassthePopcorn

Jäger
10-10-2011, 03:59 PM
How does PassthePopcorn compare to Karagarga for indie films?

theman5
10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Honestly, if you're a movie fanatic, it's definitely worth getting both since there's always movies on one that's not on the other.

Fiji
10-11-2011, 03:00 AM
PassThePopcorn great site ..

gamesover
10-11-2011, 04:15 AM
PassThePopcorn great site ..

Yeah that's already been established ..

galactica
10-11-2011, 08:10 AM
KG is a very niche tracker with niche and rare content,usually art house and also a very large index of foreign content,in those aspects imo KG is unrivaled,PtP has a more general and mainstream index,also KG has a very devoted community behind it like Cinemageddon,not that PtP doesn't but still,other thing worth mentioning is that torrents usually better seeded on PtP compared to KG...

Jäger
10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
If I were to upload films from Kg to PtP would it get snatched? Or are most of the snatched torrents on PtP mainstream? I can get an invite to PtP but I hate spreading myself thin and only try and be on trackers I know I will use

IdolEyes787
10-11-2011, 04:23 PM
If I were to upload films from Kg to PtP would it get snatched? Or are most of the snatched torrents on PtP mainstream? I can get an invite to PtP but I hate spreading myself thin and only try and be on trackers I know I will use

I thought the idea in uploading (specifically ) on movie trackers was to increase the breadth of the content not just whether the torrent is gong to be popular or not?:mellow:

Jäger
10-12-2011, 01:03 AM

I thought the idea in uploading (specifically ) on movie trackers was to increase the breadth of the content not just whether the torrent is gong to be popular or not?:mellow:

I have limited space on my seedbox. If it is something that is well seeded I will delete it after a couple of months or when I need space. If I were able to keep everything on there forever then I would agree with your point

IdolEyes787
10-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Then I take it you don't also have a computer.:mellow:

Jäger
10-12-2011, 04:56 AM

I can see how you achieved 17000 posts. I will not argue my point further as it is clear.

mjmacky
10-12-2011, 06:58 AM

I can see how you achieved 17000 posts. I will not argue my point further as it is clear.

You wouldn't believe how many opportunities one has to point out the obvious on this board.

P.S. your point wasn't clear, as you gave no reason as to why you are unable to seed from your desktop.

CleverMan
10-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Films from kg generally get less snatches than on kg itself. Yes, most snatches mainstream, but good old movies are quite popular as well

A
10-12-2011, 07:36 AM

You wouldn't believe how many opportunities one has to point out the obvious on this board.

P.S. your point wasn't clear, as you gave no reason as to why you are unable to seed from your desktop.
What do you care if he torrents from home or from a seedbox?

mjmacky
10-12-2011, 07:44 AM

I don't, I only cared about whether or not he made his point clear.

A
10-12-2011, 08:02 AM

Then you missed the "obvious" in his comment.

mjmacky
10-12-2011, 09:43 AM

We have already stepped away from the obvious, do you not care to visit it?

A
10-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Considering the context. No.

IdolEyes787
10-12-2011, 10:51 AM

What point that you're a wank? :)
Anyway let's talk post count then shall we? I suppose I could have an average of 14 a year like you do if I only conversed with anyone here when I required something of them.:)

If I did that I wonder if I would be accused of moving like Jäger?:unsure:

Quarterquack
10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
If I did that I wonder if I would be accused of moving like Jäger?:unsure:

Meister IdolEyes. Catchy title.

mjmacky
10-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Then it remains a mystery why you'd even try talking to the guy who's rarely located along the circumference.

A
10-12-2011, 02:12 PM

Then it remains a mystery why you'd even try talking to the guy who's rarely located along the circumference.
Did you know that God of death likes Apples?

anon
10-12-2011, 02:45 PM

My vote goes to bandwidth caps or not wanting to use his real IP to spread copyrighted content without permission. :idunno:

mjmacky
10-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Did you know that God of death likes Apples?

Why yes, yes I did. By the way, how do you spell your real name... also, what does your face look like?

My vote goes to bandwidth caps or not wanting to use his real IP to spread copyrighted content without permission. :idunno:

That would be the assumption, it wasn't clearly stated though. Non popular content can be removed from seedbox and seeded from his personal computer if he needs the space... it wouldn't break the bandwidth caps either. No reason to assume it's NOT a viable option :idunno:

Parapeo
10-19-2011, 10:41 PM
PTP has a huge collection of movies, but you can find them in other tracker (TehConnection etc...) while in KG you can find real rare gems, if you are a "connoisseur" you must prefer KG!!! Sorry, but I am biased, I love that tracker... :)

IdolEyes787
10-19-2011, 11:36 PM
PTP has a huge collection of movies, but you can find them in other tracker (TehConnection etc...) while in KG you can find real rare gems, if you are a "connoisseur" you must prefer KG!!! Sorry, but I am biased, I love that tracker... :)

Connoisseur meaning more often than not, "I like to pretend a lot of pretentious nonsense has some deeper meaning than simply the director is just a bit weird ".

Artemis
10-20-2011, 12:46 AM

They may have 'rare gems' but the quality control is abysmal, there is no ability to nuke a release for poor quality and as a result there are some really shonky rips on KG, to the point sometimes of the rip being almost unwatchable. Never ever underestimate Demonoid for rare movies (often in packs) or for overall quality, with over 75,000 movie torrents there is something for everyone you just may need to be patient with the download speeds on older or rare movies (but we can't have everything).

Parapeo
10-20-2011, 09:29 AM
You are both right, but I found some movies in "italian language" unavailable in other italian trackers... My consideration is for finding a movie that I looked for years, maybe I ovrestimated that trackers too soon :)

IdolEyes787
10-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I hate when they go down without a fight.

Parapeo
10-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I hate when they go down without a fight.

:lol:

CleverMan
10-20-2011, 04:22 PM
They may have 'rare gems' but the quality control is abysmal, there is no ability to nuke a release for poor quality and as a result there are some really shonky rips on KG, to the point sometimes of the rip being almost unwatchable. Never ever underestimate Demonoid for rare movies (often in packs) or for overall quality, with over 75,000 movie torrents there is something for everyone you just may need to be patient with the download speeds on older or rare movies (but we can't have everything).
If you find or do a better rip, you can upgrade the release that is on site, but first you should get approve from a staff member. If there are no other (better) copies of a film, why would you want to nuke a torrent? Poor quality is better than nothing at all

Artemis
10-20-2011, 07:56 PM
If you find or do a better rip, you can upgrade the release that is on site, but first you should get approve from a staff member. If there are no other (better) copies of a film, why would you want to nuke a torrent? Poor quality is better than nothing at all

A 'nuke' simply denotes errors in the torrent as in download it at your own risk and is a courtesy warning to potential downloaders that the encode has faults in it (aspect ratio, audio drop out etc.). You can still download the torrent you are just made aware of the problems. On KG unless someone comments about the quality you have no idea what you are getting and some of these encodes are poor to the point of making them unwatchable (for me at least).
I will give you a recent example not an obscure or old movie but a recent classic 'Gosford Park', the rip on KG has both audio drop out and dropped video frames with a fault in the middle of the movie which lasts for several seconds.

I do however agree that there are upgrades happening all the time. There is one obscure movie that I enjoy which was never released on DVD, so the only copy was a VHS rip, but for this movie 'The Keep' an early Michael Mann film I was prepared to have any copy. A rip was later released from a satellite TV rip which was far better quality (but sadly only mono sound) but a far better copy and I was glad to get the upgraded rip.

KG is a great resource for arthouse, cult or old movies which are not mainstream, but the ability to warn users about the quality (or lack thereof ) would be appreciated. Once again I reiterate that Demonoid is also an excellent source for these types of movies and the community is far more active in commenting on poor encodes.

ShadowHunter
10-20-2011, 09:41 PM
You cant find any where the KG torrents
Its wounder full tracker for old movie

walkman79
10-25-2011, 03:21 AM
PTP is a great tracker for all kind of movies indeed. However, if you are looking for not mainstream movies I agree that KG and Demonoid are the best, specially KG, I have found there movies from Peru and Venezuela which I couldn't find in any spanish tracker.

cinephilia
10-25-2011, 06:58 PM
On KG unless someone comments about the quality you have no idea what you are getting

you do since screenshots are required for every single description.

Artemis
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
On KG unless someone comments about the quality you have no idea what you are getting

you do since screenshots are required for every single description.

A single screencap does not show the integrity of the whole file, nor it's audio quality. As I said there have been files with with audio and video dropout faults that have not been noted in any way.

Walrus
10-26-2011, 06:56 AM
I've lost track of the number of movie trackers I belong to. Still, I covet a PTP membership ... :rolleyes:

For me, it's all about unique content and discovering new gems these days. You can find all the popular movies on any general tracker.

IdolEyes787
10-26-2011, 12:13 PM
I've lost track of the number of movie trackers I belong to. Still, I covet a PTP membership ... :rolleyes:

For me, it's all about unique content and discovering new gems these days. You can find all the popular movies on any general tracker.

I was wondering,when you said that in your head, did it sound as pretentious as appears here?

Koo koo kachoo

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
I was wondering,when you said that in your head, did it sound as pretentious as appears here?

Koo koo kachoo

He is the walrus
he is the level seeker

Walrus
10-27-2011, 04:20 PM

Koo koo kachoo

Yeah, but I like ritin english gud. Also, I'm a level seeker.

rastafara
10-31-2011, 05:03 AM
KG is great,undeniably, but I miss my PTP acc.

anon
10-31-2011, 03:52 PM
KG is great,undeniably, but I miss my PTP acc.

#ptp-disabled on irc.passthepopcorn.me.

If you did something they won't re-enable for, then TFB has its doors open.

sbovisjb1
11-02-2011, 04:54 AM
This isn't even a contest...

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 05:02 AM
This isn't even a contest...

This is a contest

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 07:03 PM
must get into passthepopcorn

What's the deadline your overlord/family's captors/IRS/Suffolk County Juvenile Probation Officer/Hubbard/inner voice has given you?

EAK
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
i love passthepopcorn ,many good movies

The Flying Cow
11-16-2011, 02:30 PM
must get into passthepopcorn

What's the deadline your overlord/family's captors/IRS/Suffolk County Juvenile Probation Officer/Hubbard/inner voice has given you?

Quality post dude. Just lol'ed my ass off

Artemis
11-16-2011, 10:03 PM
karagarga beeter then ptp

I hope you don't drive like you type :blink:

mjmacky
11-16-2011, 10:33 PM
karagarga beeter then ptp

I hope you don't drive like you type :blink:

Allow me to interpret:
"Karagarga, beat her, then pass the pipe"