PDA

View Full Version : An old Steve Jobs hommage

Biecoblu
10-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi

i made this drawing a few years ago on a power mac 7300...
"Birth of G3"

Cheers

megabyteme
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
It's like you knew all three of them would be dead now. :O

Quarterquack
10-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Apart from getting his hair color wrong, I like your drawing.

Biecoblu
10-10-2011, 10:09 PM
He was much younger then...

brotherdoobie
10-11-2011, 02:19 AM

Well said.

:glag:

What paint software did you use to make your painting with?

I like it, btw.

Peace, brotherdoobie

ddy
10-11-2011, 06:43 AM
I missed him very much,rip,Jobs.

Artemis
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM

Let's hope your aim improves....

megabyteme
10-11-2011, 01:40 PM

I don't care who he was, it is impolite to fart while saying your respects. :O

Quarterquack
10-12-2011, 03:40 AM

Steve Jobs actually had dark brown hair. Extremely dark brown hair, borderline close to a shade of black, but not quite there.

Well said.

How is ignorance bliss if it only ends up making people look stupid? :huh:

- Reverend Rings.

Biecoblu
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Steve Jobs actually had dark brown hair. Extremely dark brown hair, borderline close to a shade of black, but not quite there.

Well said.

How is ignorance bliss if it only ends up making people look stupid? :huh:

- Reverend Rings.

You may add that a mac doesn't have eyes, that the raimbow hearts couldn't float on air like that, and that a G3 doesn't suck his mouse like a thumb neither...
A WIN/PC owner, aren't you ? :D

Biecoblu
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
For brotherdoobie : Painter + Photoshop with a wacom tablet (on a PowerMac 7300)

Cheers

Quarterquack
10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
You may add that a mac doesn't have eyes, that the raimbow hearts couldn't float on air like that, and that a G3 doesn't suck his mouse like a thumb neither...
A WIN/PC owner, aren't you ? :D

Well, as someone who has actually met Jobs and been charmed by him, I think it does him a great disservice when people can't even get his hair color right, and simplify things by resorting to sarcasm, especially in a thread/painting dedicated to him.

Will it satiate your ego if I tell you that yes, I am a windows user? I have also used Linux and Macintosh computers (probably more than I like to admit on the latter) extensively.
My product preference is mainly based on the quality of the product. Mac computers (and laptops alike) are simply not good products. Short of building your own computer, which brings down the total count of feasible major operating systems to 2, or buying a thinkpad, the options currently out on the market are god awful, so I'm not just shrugging off Apple. It's an industry-wide failure to produce proper machines.
A mac can look very pretty when helping me parse my RSS, but get back to me when Macs can process powerhouses like Cognos BI, Portable Ubuntu, the recent BlueStacks, half the world's scientific I/O, or even a simple filesharing client that doesn't suck.

:)

Quarterquack
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Don't take our friendly banter for anything more than a reasonable argument between two acquaintances, though.

For what it's worth, I think you're a fantastic artist.

A
10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Well, as someone who has actually met Jobs and been charmed by him, I think it does him a great disservice when people can't even get his hair color right

megabyteme
10-12-2011, 04:13 PM
- Reverend Rings.

I say run with this. :D

megabyteme
10-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Run. Run far away...

megabyteme
10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Well, as someone who has actually met Jobs and been charmed by him, I think it does him a great disservice when people can't even get his hair color right, and simplify things by resorting to sarcasm, especially in a thread/painting dedicated to him.

:lol::lol::lol::slap:

Hair color wrong (slightly) does him "disservice"? Makes me tempted to give him a full-out Afro... with a Windows branded hair pick.

@OP: Nice original artwork, BTW. :happy:

Quarterquack
10-12-2011, 07:16 PM

:lol::lol::lol::slap:

Hair color wrong (slightly) does him "disservice"?

Finish the sentence, next time. I couldn't care less if everyone thought Jobs had black hair.
I do care when an artist seems to lack attention to details (considering I've been in graphics design as a hobby for half a decade now), and when morons come along and attempt to ignore the fact that an hommage is usually ruined if you, I don't know, get the name of the person, the way he looks like, or his mannerisms wrong.

It would be like an artist drawing a picture of you in a place with 4 walls and a ceiling. What baboon would believe you can provide enough shelter for even yourself? :happy:

Quarterquack
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM

Woe is me! You got the color of his shirt wrong!

Artemis
10-12-2011, 07:56 PM
You know, I think we have all grasped your anal attention to detail by now Darth, to the point of shattering any residual value made in a kind attempt by the OP, but since you live on high where perfection is the order of the day, why not put your money where your mouth is (as a graphics design hobbyist) show us your idea of a homage (yes you illiterate peons only one m), or is your perfection limited to denegrating the work of others ?

Quarterquack
10-13-2011, 02:24 AM
You know, I think we have all grasped your anal attention to detail by now Darth, to the point of shattering any residual value made in a kind attempt by the OP, but since you live on high where perfection is the order of the day, why not put your money where your mouth is (as a graphics design hobbyist) show us your idea of a homage (yes you illiterate peons only one m), or is your perfection limited to denegrating the work of others ?

Is my pointing out that the picture was a little inaccurate really that much of a big deal to everyone?

For the third time: The OP's drawing is magnificent enough to turn Jobs into a magnifico! It's seriously good. That doesn't change that the hair color is wrong. I pointed out a problem I saw, but unlike the OP, who laughed/shrugged it off, it seems other people are getting things stuck up where they shouldn't be.

For the record, I did make a Steve Jobs tribute. I won't be posting it. I'll just let your curiosity get the better of you. :shifty:

It wasn't as good as the OP, but I got the hair color right. ;)

Quarterquack
10-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Don't take our friendly banter for anything more than a reasonable argument between two acquaintances, though.

For what it's worth, I think you're a fantastic artist.

Am I coming off as more serious than I intend to be or something?
Because it seems to me that I've made more than a conscientious effort to be nice.

Woe is me! You got the color of his shirt wrong!

I even mocked myself in the process...

Artemis
10-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Is my pointing out that the picture was a little inaccurate really that much of a big deal to everyone?

For the third time: The OP's drawing is magnificent enough to turn Jobs into a magnifico! It's seriously good. That doesn't change that the hair color is wrong.

That you pointed out a slight discrepancy is fine, the fact that you REPEATED IT FOUR TIMES in the breadth of this thread is more than slightly pedantic, even for you. I commented after the third time because by that time with the large font bright red letters the original point of the thread had become crushed under your need to repeat that the fucking hair color was (slightly) wrong.

Am I coming off as more serious than I intend to be or something?
Because it seems to me that I've made more than a conscientious effort to be nice.

No that wasn't nice, you need to try again, this was an honest attempt by someone to share something creative, and repeating that the hair color is wrong four times isn't nice in any way, shape or form. Whether you were being serious or not, you still came off as a douche.

mjmacky
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey guys, is that supposed to be Jobs in the artwork? The thing is, I don't remember him every having black hair.

Biecoblu
10-13-2011, 11:31 AM
@ Darth Rings : Steve Jobs apart, do you know anyone on earth with blue shaded hair ? It just doesn't exist ! And it's not a missed detail, it'a a comic code convention, you'll see tons of comic book characters with that kind of shade !
Here, an example :http://www.professeurdebbie.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/superman1.gif
Think different, please ! :rolleyes:

chalice
10-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Pwnt by a 5 post noob.

Hilarious.

mjmacky
10-13-2011, 11:12 PM
By the way, anybody else find the think different slogan to be utter nonsense marketing crap? Short slogans are so easy, a caveman could do it. We're already inundated with these from all the advertising that goes on, don't I deserve a break today from having them thrown at me in a forum post? If you want to rely on a slogan to make your point, are you really being all you can be, or are you wasting your mind? Because that'd be terrible. Anyways, feel free to ignore my rant, have it whichever way you like.

-jacky
what would he do for a Klondike bar?

Quarterquack
10-14-2011, 02:54 AM
@ Darth Rings : Steve Jobs apart, do you know anyone on earth with blue shaded hair ? It just doesn't exist ! And it's not a missed detail, it'a a comic code convention, you'll see tons of comic book characters with that kind of shade !
Here, an example :http://www.professeurdebbie.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/superman1.gif
Think different, please ! :rolleyes:

The comic convention also gives way to the fact that brown hair is to be shaded silver, but I haven't met anyone with silver hair yet, either.
I get that it's a comic. In fact, it's a great piece of art. I truly love it. And I'm sorry if I came off more pressing than my usual self.

Got any other work to share, Bieco?

As for your think different pun - ha! Jacky addressed that rather well for the both of us.

megabyteme
10-14-2011, 03:36 AM
As for your think different pun - ha! Jacky addressed that rather well for the both of us.

Yes indeed, you two would make a perfect duo. Macky could say something astute, and you could claim it for the "both" of you... :rolleyes:

Honestly, it is a in improvement on the loose arrangement you have now- Macky says something interesting, then you eat your socks.

Quarterquack
10-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Yes indeed, you two would make a perfect duo. Macky could say something astute, and you could claim it for the "both" of you... :rolleyes:

Honestly, it is a in improvement on the loose arrangement you have now- Macky says something interesting, then you eat your socks.

Your hard-on for Paul Polman is showing.

Also, let me tell you a short story. I was once at a friend's house. I liked that friend very much. Then he got a cat. And I don't like Felis Catus very much. Then the cat started nibbling my socks. And I hated her even more. At first I made a joke about how the cat enjoyed the taste of Calvin Kleins, and was therefore more pretentious and conceited than the owner gave her credit for. But then that cat did it all the time, as if to spite at me. I eventually kicked the cat, and the owner had to throw me out of the house before I ruined his dinner any further by inducing an immune response and ruining the tenderness of the cat's flesh. Anyway, moral of the story is, given your fascination with the world of my socks and their fate is, I've arrived at the only logical conclusion, and I got there using the tried and tested method of hypothesis testing. You're clearly a gigantic pussy.

megabyteme
10-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Also, let me tell you a short story. I was once at a friend's house. I liked that friend very much. Then he got a cat. And I don't like Felis Catus very much. Then the cat started nibbling my socks. And I hated her even more. At first I made a joke about how the cat enjoyed the taste of Calvin Kleins, and was therefore more pretentious and conceited than the owner gave her credit for. But then that cat did it all the time, as if to spite at me. I eventually kicked the cat, and the owner had to throw me out of the house before I ruined his dinner any further by inducing an immune response and ruining the tenderness of the cat's flesh. Anyway, moral of the story is, given your fascination with the world of my socks and their fate is, I've arrived at the only logical conclusion, and I got there using the tried and tested method of hypothesis testing. You're clearly a gigantic pussy.

Your logic is as twisted as your fingers. :yup:

megabyteme
10-14-2011, 09:30 AM
What we have learned from your story:

You blame the holes in your socks to a "cat attack" instead of owning up to your sock chewing habit (we've ALL seen you do it, on NUMEROUS occasions).
You have an insatiable desire for over-priced men's undergarments and (likely) Calvin Kline's gay models.
You are a dick at parties.
People like cats more than they like you.
You are more pretentious and conceited than the cat's owner gave you credit for.
You aren't as clever, or funny as anyone else in The Lounge- including the 5 post noob.

IdolEyes787
10-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Besides the obvious point that I would never invite you to my home under any circumstances,if you kicked my cat I would not only throw you out of my house but I would also punch you in your pretentious face.

Anyway the poor cat was probably only attracted to you socks being the reservoir for your masturbatory man spunk that they are.So if there is anyone to blame it's your parents.

megabyteme
10-14-2011, 12:46 PM
It's becoming more obvious all the time- Rings wouldn't know what to do with a pussy if it bit him on the toe. :noes:

mjmacky
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
People like cats more than they like you.

I like cats more than I like people, is that not a common thing?

megabyteme
10-14-2011, 01:23 PM
From what I've experienced, people tend to be either cat-lovers, or have a strong dislike for them. I haven't met too many people who would describe their feelings for cats as, "they're OK".
What I was pointing out was that Rings got ejected, and the cat got to enjoy the rest of the party... Good call, IMO.

Biecoblu
10-14-2011, 05:27 PM
In fact, it's a great piece of art. I truly love it. And I'm sorry if I came off more pressing than my usual self.
Got any other work to share, Bieco?
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Darth, yes there's some more here www.illustraweb.net and here www.rickandjoshua.com

Artemis
10-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Gee wasn't that an irritating website to go and view, is illustraweb a work in progress or did you plan to piss visitors off with your site design ?

Biecoblu
10-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Gee wasn't that an irritating website to go and view, is illustraweb a work in progress or did you plan to piss visitors off with your site design ? Yeah, kind of...

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Gee wasn't that an irritating website to go and view, is illustraweb a work in progress or did you plan to piss visitors off with your site design ? Yeah, kind of...

Question: Option 1 or Option 2
Answer: Yes

error: response does not fit format of query

megabyteme
10-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah, kind of...

Question: Option 1 or Option 2
Answer: Yes

error: response does not fit format of query

He could mean, "A work in progress aimed at pissing off the viewer." You know, Macky, like posting... :shifty:

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 06:19 PM
He could mean, "A work in progress aimed at pissing off the viewer." You know, Macky, like posting... :shifty:

The third one

Quarterquack
10-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Besides the obvious point that I would never invite you to my home under any circumstances,if you kicked my cat I would not only throw you out of my house but I would also punch you in your pretentious face.

You don't actually have a cat, do you? If you did, you'd know that cat training is a lot more physical than mental. But it drives you mental either way. Smacking a cat's nose, spraying it with water, poking its side so it pushes you (and the target) away, the list could go on. I did nothing more than steer (I use "kick" as a dramatic overestimation, mainly because I loathe cats) the cat away from my feet, mainly because it's not a healthy place for a cat to be - it's a foot for crying out loud. But the lousy owner, to whom it was a first pet, thought it was a little too physical, and that they should let their cat be free to slob around wherever she saw fit.

It's becoming more obvious all the time- Rings wouldn't know what to do with a pussy if it bit him on the toe. :noes:

I'd obviousment kick it, you nitwit. Am I the only one here who learnt anything from Reject's soliloquies?
Also, here's a trick you should learn. I'm not coming up with some overly forced comeback for you in this thread. I'll just pounce on you at a better time.

Just expect to be jizzed on elsewhere. :happy:

Thank you Darth, yes there's some more here www.illustraweb.net and here www.rickandjoshua.com

Did you personally code/design the flash comic book? I've been trying to get one of those for a website of mine.
Also, I'd do away with the black background. I'd think a nice light gray/white background would give your website a "clean" overhaul that few other colors could help with. My opinion, anyway, disregard it if you find yourself more comfortable with black.

megabyteme
10-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Am I the only one here who learnt anything from Reject's soliloquies?

I imagine so. Yeah, safe bet.

Just expect to be jizzed on elsewhere. :happy:

Running away, eh?