PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers

Artemis
10-13-2011, 05:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatgnqdIefs

Is it just me, or does this teaser trailer strike you as seen it all before ? I knew the whole S.H.I.E.L.D. thing was going to lead to at least another Iron Man storyline, but this strikes me as a movie to avoid like the plague.

mjmacky
10-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Quite the opposite, I've been waiting for it all to be integrated. Mostly, I just want to see how well/terrible they blend all their 'verses, since they all technically reside in the same one. I found that the trailer didn't really tell me what it's going to be about. I mark out to the Marvel stuff, so it's even possible I'll be found in the theater for this one.

Artemis
10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Quite the opposite, I've been waiting for it all to be integrated. Mostly, I just want to see how well/terrible they blend all their 'verses, since they all technically reside in the same one. I found that the trailer didn't really tell me what it's going to be about. I mark out to the Marvel stuff, so it's even possible I'll be found in the theater for this one.

Given the current trend to stick to the formula with Hollywood movies, I won't hold my breath that this is going to be anything new or different. They are targeted for a particular audience, and for me have all the appeal of a boy band.

mjmacky
10-13-2011, 11:26 AM
If they have a New Kids on the Block cameo I'm going to freak.

mr. nails
10-15-2011, 05:00 AM
it's got scarlet and nine inch nails. what's not to like?

Artemis
10-15-2011, 05:31 AM
it's got scarlet and nine inch nails. what's not to like?

You did have to mention the two mitigating factors....

Justsomeguy
10-15-2011, 09:29 AM
One of those mitigating factors would be enough

IdolEyes787
10-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Somewhere around Snakes on a Plane Samuel Jackson started to annoy the fuck out of me.

Mark Ruffalo is no Ed Norton.I can only hope Bruce Banner gets irritated very early and stays angry for the rest of the picture.

Renner's gold but seriously Hawkeye? Wasn't there enough money in the budget to hire another actor so they could make him half of the Ambiguously Gay Duo at least?

I've seen Scarlett Johansson's tits online so her further existence in films is no longer required.

Not saying Chris Evans is bland and forgettable but I thought he was good in Green Lantern .

I think the the best we can hope for is that the movie revolves around Downey Jr running in the Thor guy at the airport and through a series of hilarious coincidences they end up traveling cross country in a car together.

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 06:24 PM
I think the the best we can hope for is that the movie revolves around Downey Jr running in the Thor guy at the airport and through a series of hilarious coincidences they end up traveling cross country in a car together.

I really wish you had decided to go with a Planes, Trains and Automobiles reference instead. I've already forgotten the name of the movie you just gave away the plot to.

IdolEyes787
10-15-2011, 06:36 PM
It was Wild is the Wind.
I thought George Cukor did a good enough job directing but I found Tony Franciosa to be totally unconvincing as Sonny the dog.

Now tell me who does the best version of the song ,Johnny Mathis,Nina Simone,David Bowie or Cat Power?

megabyteme
10-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I'll watch it, just like I have (eventually) seen most of the others. However, Edward Norton taking a pass pops up a BIG red flag on the film. He seems to have a good sense of whether, or not, to work on a project.

I actually look forward to clocker and Idol's reviews of the movie more than the show itself. :)

Artemis
10-15-2011, 09:43 PM
For an unusual but riveting Edward Norton performance, check out Stone, the interplay between his and Robert De Niro's character is fascinating.

megabyteme
10-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Art. I like everyone in it, but let the lowish IMDB score push me away. Will grab it for tonight. :)

Artemis
10-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Art. I like everyone in it, but let the lowish IMDB score push me away. Will grab it for tonight. :)

You do realise that there is not one single explosion/person transforming/robot transforming/alien or CGI effect in the entire film. This may be the source of the low IMDB score, since even IMDB has been invaded by the evil teen horde.
It is a gritty film, the characters are not likable and there isn't really a happy ending, much like real life, so I guess all the fantasists feel ripped off for the lack of an escape from reality.

megabyteme
10-16-2011, 06:13 AM
You do realise that there is not one single explosion/person transforming/robot transforming/alien or CGI effect in the entire film.

Such a sentence nearly deserves a spoiler tag. :P

I've actually enjoyed Mila in almost every role I've seen her in (the zombie series got a bit tiring, but she wasn't really to blame, IMO). I can't say that about many actresses, but I believe she has talent that pushes her well beyond the "pretty face/hot bod" trap so many women fall into. She has not become a caricature of herself, either.

Thanks again for the recommendation, I'll be watching it within the next 15 minutes. :happy:

whatcdfan
10-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Four superheroes in a single script against a common villain doesn't sound like a very bright idea to me, anyhow if they had to do that, they could have also introduced "Agent Smith" from Matrix, that would have made things interesting.

TorGil
11-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm so excited to watch this and love that they kept Loki as a villain, in a nod to the original Avenger story. I hope in the sequel they get Wolverine and Spiderman so its more like the 'modern' avengers. And Luke Cage of course ;)

IdolEyes787
03-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm excited .Apparently there's a little comic book geek in all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX3uSMT7T-M

megabyteme
03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm excited .Apparently there's a little comic book geek in all of us.

[/video]

You'd think there would have been more build-up for a movie like this...

IdolEyes787
03-01-2012, 10:03 PM
A movie like what? Btw Hunger Games just the record for advance sales so clearly the majority of the current movie going audience is made up of literate girls and queers.

arg57
03-02-2012, 05:32 AM
The Avengers is an upcoming American superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures1, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. It is the sixth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is written and directed by Joss Whedon and features an ensemble cast, which includes Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, and Samuel L. Jackson. In The Avengers, Nick Fury, director of the peacekeeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D., recruits Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, and Captain America to save the world from destruction.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 06:24 AM
I feel like Hawkeye should have had a feature film before this came out. Also, Ed Norton looks different.

If you look at the IMDB credits, it says Lou Ferrigno is doing the Incredible Hulk's voice.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 01:12 PM
The Avengers is an upcoming American superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures1, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. It is the sixth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is written and directed by Joss Whedon and features an ensemble cast, which includes Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, and Samuel L. Jackson. In The Avengers, Nick Fury, director of the peacekeeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D., recruits Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, and Captain America to save the world from destruction.

I seriously don't know why the staff continues to allow you to have an account here simply so that you can spam post to promote those shite sites in your sig.
Also paying Lou Ferrigno to "voice" The Hulk is among the stupidest things that I've ever heard.Stunt fanboy casting belongs in cartoons not a movie that a studio invests $170 million dollars in.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Also paying Lou Ferrigno to "voice" The Hulk is among the stupidest things that I've ever heard.Stunt fanboy casting belongs in cartoons not a movie that a studio invests $170 million dollars in.

You wouldn't say that to Lou Ferrigno.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Yes I would because he couldn't hear me.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM

You wouldn't write that on a note and hand it to Lou Ferrigno, the deaf joke I mean.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 07:00 PM

You wouldn't write that on a note and hand it to Lou Ferrigno, the deaf joke I mean.

You've seen Lou Ferrigno and you're trying to tell me that you still believe he's literate?
Btw that's a joke.Supposedly Ferrigno among the nicest guys that you'd ever want to meet.
When the 'roid rage isn't effecting him of course.

megabyteme
03-02-2012, 09:45 PM
When the 'roid rage isn't effecting him of course.

You wouldn't have that imprinted on his syringes with your name and home address on them...

mjmacky
03-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Idol wouldn't stab Lou Ferrigno with unmarked syringes without warning.

IdolEyes787
03-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Idol wouldn't stab Lou Ferrigno with unmarked syringes without warning.

I dunno if I decided to stab someone with unmarked syringes I don't really picture myself warning them first.
"Hey you.I'm going to stab you with these unmarked syringes.Best defend yourself or get all poked like".
No see just doesn't work.

mjmacky
03-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Idol wouldn't hold his penis in one hand and a syringe in his other, then ask Lou Ferrigno which one he wants to be pricked with.

IdolEyes787
03-03-2012, 04:35 PM
I did that last Thursday. Wasn't half as thrilling as I thought it would be.

clocker
03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Lou wasn't amused either.
His twitter account was ragin.

IdolEyes787
03-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm not too concerned by anything that has the word contained twit in it.

mjmacky
03-04-2012, 01:47 PM

I bet Lou Ferrigno could outwit you.

IdolEyes787
03-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Of this I have absolutely no doubt.

mjmacky
03-05-2012, 10:09 AM

I bet if you watch the Avengers soon, you won't be able to think about anything other than pricking and getting outwitted by Lou Ferrigno whenever the Incredible Hulk speaks.

musicool
03-05-2012, 10:20 AM
i'm so looking forward to see this one. it'll be great

IdolEyes787
03-05-2012, 12:23 PM

I bet if you watch the Avengers soon, you won't be able to think about anything other than pricking and getting outwitted by Lou Ferrigno whenever the Incredible Hulk speaks.I see that Lou also voiced The Hulk in the last movie whatever it was called.
At least now if I ever happen to watch it again my thoughts will be occupied with thoughts of pricking and being outwitted by Lou Ferrigno and not how such a criminal waste of Edward Norton's talent the whole thing was.
Anyway the producers of The Avengers are obvious smarter than the producers of the other Hulk films as they realized that if great actors like Eric Bana and Ed Norton can't make Bruce Banner the tiniest bit interesting then save yourself some money and just go ahead and cast some schmuck.

PS you would probably be amazed that it took me a good 10 minutes to write that which in the end ending up making very little sense anyway.
Clearly I'm not as smart as the producers of The Avengers or I would have cut my loses after the first sentence.

mjmacky
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
which in the end, ended up making very little sense.

I also thought it was weird that you managed to contradict your position of Norton and Banner after having 10 minutes to work with it. Are you saying you cut it short after realizing how much time you'd already wasted on it?

CyberCitizen
03-08-2012, 03:52 AM
Not saying Chris Evans is bland and forgettable but I thought he was good in Green Lantern.

When Was Chris Evans In Green Lantern?

Chris Evans = Captain America
Ryan Reynolds = Green Lantern

mjmacky
03-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Not saying Chris Evans is bland and forgettable but I thought he was good in Green Lantern.

When Was Chris Evans In Green Lantern?

Chris Evans = Captain America
Ryan Reynolds = Green Lantern

:whoosh:

IdolEyes787
03-08-2012, 11:39 AM
:whoosh:

Yeah I know. I'd be disheartened is I wasn't already so jaded.

drmk
03-16-2012, 02:25 AM
the equation is to far from being balanced

IdolEyes787
03-16-2012, 11:06 AM

Take a guess where this is going.

megabyteme
03-19-2012, 04:23 AM

Take a guess where this is going.

I'm guessing someone will be along soon with his meds to make it all balance. Sleeeeeeeeeeep=Sleeeeeeeeeeeep

Solved.

arg57
04-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Its a nice movie....

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 11:16 AM
:unsure: Errrrr thanks.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdfpnFXqFg&feature=related

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdfpnFXqFg&feature=related

Jason Statham is a lot sexier than I remember him.

IdolEyes787
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Best part of that clip was the tit jiggle.Sad but true.

megabyteme
04-06-2012, 02:30 AM
I thought this was a particularly well done fan-created trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wh2oYSYRe5c

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
promises to be a great movie

I promise to puncture you in the femoral with a basketball pump needle and force a bunch of air into your bloodstream if ever we meet.

IdolEyes787
05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
promises to be a great movie

Viewing Thread [Have] bitme , bitmetv , gft , TT , PTP , waffles , hdtorrents [Want] offers (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/448100-Have-bitme-bitmetv-gft-TT-PTP-waffles-hdtorrents-Want-offers)

Private Messaging

It shocks me as much as it does you.:mellow:

Seriously I'm begging whoever(nobody) who is is charge here and still gives a fuck(no one) to give me the power to delete these spam movie/game/antivirus/etc posts and rain down the Holy wrath of God on these cocksuckers.
Thanx in advance and peace be with you.

Epilogue:Some of us (me) lose a big measure of enjoyment of this place from having to constantly wade through this pointless shite. If someone( apparently anyone who's joined in recent memory) has no interest in a topic beyond adding to their post count why should they gain the privilege to access anything?

Post Script: The current repeated pattern is now to make an account and then wait out the allotted number of probationary days only then to spam to the necessary number in one big fell swoop of inane insincerity.Like good members right?

Artemis
05-13-2012, 01:08 AM
I have a suggestion Idol (before you stroke out, from the tide of retards descending to crap all over the place) which may give them pause. Poast a thread, advising the spamtards that if they wish to simply rock up here to spam, that you will (as you have in the past) follow them around and spam the shit out of their trade threads.

In all seriousness when I first signed on, although the requirements were different, I didn't know anyone, and only posted in threads to actually help out with inquiries, so I think it took about six weeks to meet the minimum requirements for the 'sekret sekshuns' by then I had poasted in the Linux forum so much they all thought I was some kind of weird geek and all left me alone......

IdolEyes787
05-13-2012, 01:29 AM
I think everyone initially looks for "safe " ,easy threads to post in and I wouldn't dream of denying anyone their right to post any place they feel so inclined.The thing that irks me is consistently now noobs do the bare minimum before fucking off to the restricted part of the board never to be seen again.
Some would blame that on people like me who find avarice ,insincerity and stupidity hard to tolerate but I blame the staffs of certain bt sites for besmirching this place and driving off a lot of semi-decent but easily influenced and frankly desperately wanting to be "cool" people.
Like I've said this site has gone downhill not because of the people who remain here but because of all the fly by lighters that decided leaving would somehow further their precious bt "careers".
Jesus Christ it's not like FTN or FSC forums are any better karachidude.

Artemis
05-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Like I've said this site has gone downhill not because of the people who remain here but because of all the fly by lighters that decided leaving would somehow further their precious bt "careers".
Jesus Christ it's not like FTN or FSC forums are any better karachidude.

Sgt Major anyone? :blink:

Tbh tracker forums are far worse, it is the same 20-30 people posting on every forum (this changes from time to time as old nimrods fade away and new ones tag in) so you are in effect talking to the same self-congratulatory assholes who then primp and preen when they DON'T see you on site(s), since most of them are merely collectors although would never admit it.

boboo
05-30-2012, 10:36 AM
anyone knows when is the 720p and 1080p release date ?

IdolEyes787
05-30-2012, 10:37 AM
anyone knows when is the 720p and 1080p release date ?

I would suggest you ask in the bittard section.

Wow admiral restraint on my part.

manker
05-30-2012, 10:47 AM
'admiral restraint' :lol:

Is that like Captain Obvious or wut.

boboo
05-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Okkk, thanks .:)

IdolEyes787
05-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Since you joined a couple months ago but are only spamming now you're going to the Trade Section after this aren't you?

'admiral restraint' :lol:

Is that like Captain Obvious or wut.

More like Kernel Klink.

Artemis
05-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Since you joined a couple months ago but are only spamming now you're going to the Trade Section after this aren't you?

Plans have been temporarily interrupted, a nasty moderator has pulled the wheels off his wheelchair for the timebeing. :naughty:

IdolEyes787
05-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Poor booboo temporarily denied his chance to be a lying thieving cunt.
I'm thinking of organizing a telethon on his behalf.

wyanesmith1987
06-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I see this movie but not so good as other action movie like G i jeo and fast and furious and many more movies.

IdolEyes787
06-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I see this movie but not so good as other action movie like G i jeo and fast and furious and many more movies.
On offense but the resident film critic at the Home for the Mentally Challenged is laughing at you.

bijutoha
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen this movie yet . could you tell me please which way to find this movie with good print ?

IdolEyes787
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I haven't seen this movie yet . could you tell me please which way to find this movie with good print ?

The theatre.Failing that the bt section.

clocker
06-25-2012, 05:50 AM
I read this post. It has many words and sentences. Some of them make sense. Some of them don't. This is a post.

mjmacky
06-25-2012, 07:03 AM
This is a child's brain:

This is a child's brain on the internet:

I watch this movie this is a good movie. In this movie i like Chris Hemsworth acting. He do roll of thor. He doing good acting in this movie. This is a action movie.

JubbaTheHutt
06-25-2012, 04:51 PM
I really need to get around to seeing this before it leaves theaters. I heard they were going to do another "re-release" of sorts sometime during the summer where they will play all the singular avenger hero films before this one...

LJames6
06-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I really need to get around to seeing this before it leaves theaters. I heard they were going to do another "re-release" of sorts sometime during the summer where they will play all the singular avenger hero films before this one...

ye u have to see it on theater its amazing:D

Saborsoul
06-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Favorite scene hands down. Loki trying to step to the Hulk. He gets ..................no ........re.....spect.

rannyann
06-28-2012, 10:10 AM
I saw The Avengers movie.
It is full of action and adventure.
When i watched it i had a goosebumps and
in this movie Ironman done outstanding work.

Dusty_Bottums
07-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Saw this in 3d at the theater. It looked amazing. The visual effects aren't the only thing though. It's funny as hell too. I can't wait for this to come out on bluray. :)

SFactor123
07-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Absolutely brilliant film, watching all the superheroes under one banner was no less than a visual treat, loved it!!

mjmacky
07-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Besides all of the vacuous posts in here, I still haven't managed to watch this filum yet, but this review got me pretty psyched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXFqcJmQ24Y

Busyman
07-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Besides all of the vacuous posts in here, I still haven't managed to watch this filum yet, but this review got me pretty psyched.

Nah you won't like it. You'll look for a deeper meaning where it doesn't exist. :P

You will struggle with Iron Man's motivation as to why he'd want to be part of a team.

You'd ask why Thor would want defend Earth as opposed to just defending his own realm.

The rest of us will just enjoy the movie. :mellow:

clocker
07-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Nah you won't like it...
The rest of us will just enjoy the movie. :mellow:
Could it fairly be described as "awesome"?
I'd not bestir from the lair for anything less.

mjmacky
07-09-2012, 02:33 AM

Nah you won't like it. You'll look for a deeper meaning where it doesn't exist. :P

You will struggle with Iron Man's motivation as to why he'd want to be part of a team.

You'd ask why Thor would want defend Earth as opposed to just defending his own realm.

Not going to hold the fact that you're trying against you, but those are still pretty shallow. You'll learn with experience.