PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Looking for good network media player for iPad

Z0M813
10-13-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm going to migrate most of my browsing to my iPad and use web interface for torrenting, so all I really need is a decent method or app for network streaming. It needs to be able to run in the background, playlist or queue functionality would be a huge plus. Any suggestions are welcome!

anigav
10-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Where are you storing the downloaded torrent? Does that have UPNP capability? If yes, the you can use media:connect for DLNA and UPnP media streaming...

yurferner
10-22-2011, 07:40 AM
XBMC media player is the most sophisticated one. Try it.

mjmacky
10-22-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm going to migrate most of my browsing to my iPad and use web interface for torrenting, so all I really need is a decent method or app for network streaming. It needs to be able to run in the background, playlist or queue functionality would be a huge plus. Any suggestions are welcome!

1st suggestion would be to jailbreak that bitch, it's useless otherwise. Even though these other posts are spamlike, they are options you could try. I don't know how well they would work for your application, (e.g. does XBMC for iOS handle samba natively?). Or are you using NFS or some UPnP protocol for media feeding/streaming?

Artemis
10-25-2011, 08:47 PM

1st suggestion would be to jailbreak that bitch, it's useless otherwise. Even though these other posts are spamlike, they are options you could try. I don't know how well they would work for your application, (e.g. does XBMC for iOS handle samba natively?). Or are you using NFS or some UPnP protocol for media feeding/streaming?

SaMBa sharing is native to all versions of XBMC. It does however use UPnP as well and has a stream server built into the major builds (Win/Linux/Mac) I am unsure of the media streaming capabilities of the IOS version though, but if you have an XBMC machine setup already then you could use the streaming server from that machine as an alternative as well.