PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent Utorrent Multiple Setup

ddy
10-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Hello all my friends in FST,today i would love to share my simple experience on one of the most convenient torrent client,Utorrent.Let's start it.:)

Today i would like to teach everyone how to start Multiple clients,it's very easy,just follow all of my tutorials step by step:

1. Create a new folder

2. Copy utorrent.exe into that folder

3. Copy the .dat files from \appdata\uTorrent into this new folder

4. Create a shortcut for this utorrent.exe in this folder

5. Edit the shortcut's target by adding /RECOVER to the end of the Target, outside of any quotation marks, and separated with a space.

6. Open this shortcut. Your settings should be retained, just edit the IP and/or port you want to use.

Then all things are done,Good luck,my friend here.:)

anon
10-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I have used all my uTorrent instances like this ever since I found the method. It's better than having uTorrent.exe in Program Files and the settings on %appdata% for me. The only disadvantage I see is that if you take the .dat files from another setup, the stats will also be copied... but you can create an empty settings.dat file and reconfigure the second instance, or maybe even use BEncode Editor to clear the stats only.

mmadude
02-07-2012, 02:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

hardlux
02-07-2012, 03:36 AM
Thanks so much for this - this is invaluable. I sorta modded it for Mac by using the same guidelines you provided - for anyone interested, look for the .dat files in your '~/Library/Application Support' folder. Thanks again!

bigoldbrute
03-11-2012, 11:05 PM
As far as i know easiest way to reset stats is opening .dat file with notepad++ (mostly because it is binary safe), and doing little find+replace:
":uploadedi([0-9]+)e" => ":uploadedi0e"
":downloadedi([0-9]+)e" => ":downloadedi0e"