PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Swepiracy invite

BamZow
10-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi!

I was thinking if there is anyone around who got a spare Swepiracy invite?

I am using a seedbox on a shared 1gbit line, and I use to upload around 5 TB a month.

The invite, the account or incoming invites on the account will not be used for any trading, as I just need this account for my personal use.

Cheers!

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi!

I was thinking if there is anyone around who got a spare Swepiracy invite?

I am using a seedbox on a shared 1gbit line, and I the seedbox used to upload around 5 TB a month.

The invite, the account or incoming invites on the account will not be used for any trading, as I just need this account to justify paying a ridiculous price for a seedbox for my personal use.

Cheers!

/fixed

That's how it's to be interpreted, you only mention upload quantity and wanting an invite. What appears to be missing is your reason for wanting to join. Bringing up trading without any other justification makes it sound very suspicious.

Burnsy
10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Bringing up trading without any other justification makes it sound very suspicious.

But unfortunately one of the first things any inviter considers before offering anything to a potential invitee....

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 01:09 PM
To which, "I'm not a trader", isn't a very comforting preemptive exclamation

IdolEyes787
10-16-2011, 01:44 PM
To which, "I'm not a trader", isn't a very comforting preemptive exclamation

I think your point about not mentioning /being totally unconcerned with content and fixating on the fact that they can steal more stuff than they will ever humanly make use of is imo more damning .

A person can lie about being a trader or not or people can care about a person being a trader or not ,but the whole mindset stupidity of look "I have a faster internet so therefore I am more deserving " speaks volumes as to true intent.

That's bt though .I can talk movies til I'm blue in the face and no one invites me to a movie tracker but the second I say I have a Gb seedbox and am a member of FTN that makes a difference.:unsure:

BamZow
10-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Ok, sorry I didnīt mention the reason I want to join. So here it is:
I want it so I can download stuff.

Also, I can unplug my seedbox if it feels better for the jealous people who cant afford one.

Burnsy
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Wow... you certainly helped your case there...

Let's hope "the jealous people" aren't the ones holding the invites :D

union
10-16-2011, 03:04 PM
I can help, your gmail please:)

IdolEyes787
10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Ok, sorry I didnīt mention the reason I want to join. So here it is:
I want it so I can download stuff.

Also, I can unplug my seedbox if it feels better for the jealous people who cant afford one.

I'll talk slowly so that you can hopefully understand.The point isn't that you have mentioned having a seedbox but rather the whole point of wanting to belong to a tracker in the first place seems entirely absent from your initial request.
Do you need to explicitly spell everything out,no but then on the other hand you don't really need to mention uploading 5 TBs a month then either do you?

Away my point if I have any is that I,personally, would be more inclined/happy to invite someone who showed at least some marginal interest (beyond raping upload) of what a place has to offer.

Btw I can afford a seedbox ,I have just come to the conclusion that I have better things to spend money on than trying to impress strangers on the internet.

Also union is a trader is that is of any concern to you or if you care to see the connect to what I previous said and that.

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 03:38 PM
jealous people who cant afford one.

I see, you think this is a competition of money or something?

I just bought a 47" LED LCD TV on a whim while I was in CompUSA looking for heatsink thermal paste. Why the impulse? Well the image retention on my old 42" was starting to annoy me, and then I pretty much gave that TV away to an acquaintance (accepted a little bit of money for the symbolic gesture). Cash doesn't burn holes in my pockets, I need a reason to spend. Seedbox prices aren't the issue, it's your obvious superficiality. What's your reason for a seedbox, and why does that matter for your request?

BamZow
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Wow... you certainly helped your case there...

Let's hope "the jealous people" aren't the ones holding the invites :D

I'll talk slowly so that you can hopefully understand.The point isn't that you have mentioned having a seedbox but rather the whole point of wanting to belong to a tracker in the first place seems entirely absent from your initial request.
Do you need to explicitly spell everything out,no but then on the other hand you don't really need to mention uploading 5 TBs a month then either do you?

Away my point if I have any is that I,personally, would be more inclined/happy to invite someone who showed at least some marginal interest (beyond raping upload) of what a place has to offer.

Btw I can afford a seedbox ,I have just come to the conclusion that I have better things to spend money on than trying to impress strangers on the internet.

Also union is a trader is that is of any concern to you or if you care to see the connect to what I previous said and that.

A few years ago, I was like you. I was making a really big thing out of this tracker/filesharing thing. Timeīs changed and now I just log on, download what I want, and log off. I have other things to do than posting in some stupid number games threads on random trackers forums just to be part of the "awesome" community.
And if that behaviour is offending you, then, well, I feel sorry for you. And, donīt tell me you are offended, because otherwise you wouldnīt have post in the first place.

jealous people who cant afford one.

I see, you think this is a competition of money or something?

I just bought a 47" LED LCD TV on a whim while I was in CompUSA looking for heatsink thermal paste. Why the impulse? Well the image retention on my old 42" was starting to annoy me, and then I pretty much gave that TV away to an acquaintance (accepted a little bit of money for the symbolic gesture). Cash doesn't burn holes in my pockets, I need a reason to spend. Seedbox prices aren't the issue, it's your obvious superficiality. What's your reason for a seedbox, and why does that matter for your request?

I laugh at how easy it is to offend someone, intended or not. Now shoo, back to /b with you, filthy landlubber.

Cheers.

IdolEyes787
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
A few years ago, I was like you. I was making a really big thing out of this tracker/filesharing thing. Timeīs changed and now I just log on, download what I want, and log off. I have other things to do than posting in some stupid number games threads on random trackers forums just to be part of the "awesome" community.
And if that behaviour is offending you, then, well, I feel sorry for you. And, donīt tell me you are offended, because otherwise you wouldnīt have post in the first place.

Not that you're a moron or anything but if you took the time to read anything you might see that I'm probably the most outspoken person regarding the general failure of bt forums/communities so I suggest you go bark up another tree.

Simply put , and as I've tried and obviously failed to explain,I found your original "request" to be ironically very much like something the very type of person you seem to be railing against here would make.
That and if ,as you erroneously asserted I am "making a really big thing out of this tracker/filesharing thing" having no seedbox and only downloading what little I am actually going to use then, your words to the contrary,what should I assume about you?

Btw by "times change" I assume that means you are now over 15 and have gain a little, but obviously not enough, prospective.:mellow:

Burnsy
10-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Offended? Not at all... quite to the contrary, all I was pointing out was that you may have ostracised/insulted an element of the members who may actually have been able to help you on here. Ironically, today was one of the first days in quite a while where I've actually spent a few hours posting on FST.

No-one appears to have made any issue out of anything, save you being very defensive over people pointing out how you could maybe have added information, or omitted some information, to help your request :lol:

I'll leave the insults and arrogance up to you, enjoy your invite, and fingers crossed it doesn't show up as being in the invite tree of a trader, eh? :)

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
I laugh at how easy it is to offend someone, intended or not. Now shoo, back to /b with you, filthy landlubber.

I was offended? Holy shit, I didn't even know I was offended. I guess now I'm offended having not known I was offended. I need something to calm me down...
Oh look out how cute you talk, that's so adorable. I wish I could just pick you up, swing you around and wub my face aw over your lil' belly, yes I do, yes I do. Who's a wittow sweety, you are, you are a wittow sweety.

IdolEyes787
10-16-2011, 09:22 PM
What's /b supposed to mean? I have to babysit an eight year old and I'm afraid something like that might come up.

I just bought a 47" LED LCD TV on a whim while I was in CompUSA looking for heatsink thermal paste. Why the impulse? Well the image retention on my old 42" was starting to annoy me, and then I pretty much gave that TV away to an acquaintance (accepted a little bit of money for the symbolic gesture).

Remind me to treat you better in the future.

cibu
10-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I just bought a 47" LED LCD TV on a whim while I was in CompUSA looking for heatsink thermal paste. Why the impulse? Well the image retention on my old 42" was starting to annoy me, and then I pretty much gave that TV away to an acquaintance (accepted a little bit of money for the symbolic gesture).

You do realise we need pics with the warranty ( the date and your name etc .. )so that we can believe you , right ?