PDA

View Full Version : Fuck every other game released in these past 5 years.

Quarterquack
10-17-2011, 02:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwiUGEzWEUg

Fucking legendary game. If only more than 20 people know about it.
Been playing the Beta on Steam. Seriously good game. It's overtaken MW as my favorite game within a recent time period.

mjmacky
10-17-2011, 02:19 AM
I might try it, currently Star Wars The Old Republic delivers as my anticipant for unreleased/betas. It'll be my much belated entry into MMORPGs.

mr. nails
10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
idk, it may be teh best game in the world, but i'll never give it a try. it looks horribly boring... just as much as sw:tor does.

Funkin'
10-17-2011, 11:21 PM
It's overtaken MW as my favorite game within a recent time period.

MW? Please tell me that doesn't stand for Modern Warefare. Because I thought you had better taste in gaming than that. If my assumption is correct, then just like everyone else that claims it's their favorite game(including my twelve year old nephew) i'll have to lose all respect for you.

But then again that kinda already happened when you thought of this game as "legendary". We all know that the only person that has the authority to make that claim is Kevin Nealon and last I knew he has not.

IdolEyes787
10-18-2011, 12:36 AM
idk, it may be teh best game in the world, but i'll never give it a try. it looks horribly boring...

Sort of like English class then.
Boring and you'll never give it a try I mean.

Anyway as to Darth Reindeer's original post I think the gist of it was that he was bursting at the seams to tell someone he was playing a beta.Monumental moment in life that it is.
God only hope that he never gets laid or we no doubt are going to have to hear him prattle on about those two minutes too.:mellow:

megabyteme
10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
i'll have to lose all respect for you.

But then again that kinda already happened when you thought of this game as "legendary".

Currently, Rings' post count sits at 2,445. Taking into account that there is (on average) 2 good reasons to lose all respect for him in each post, we are nearing the 5,000th reason milestone.

:yay:

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 02:13 AM
MW? Please tell me that doesn't stand for Modern Warefare. Because I thought you had better taste in gaming than that. If my assumption is correct, then just like everyone else that claims it's their favorite game(including my twelve year old nephew) i'll have to lose all respect for you.

But then again that kinda already happened when you thought of this game as "legendary". We all know that the only person that has the authority to make that claim is Kevin Nealon and last I knew he has not.

Favorite (FPS) game in a recent time period. There we go. I fixed it. Sorry for being inconspicuous earlier on. Before modern warfare came along, CoD2 was my favorite, so there's a reason modern warfare hit a soft spot with me. Plus, unlike most people who herald it as a fantastic game without experiencing half of its scope, I played half the entire series (up and until Modern Warfare - then I didn't even touch the consequent single players much less the multi players) intensively, even at levels like CEVO-P. I'd be no less than a hypocrite if I say I don't enjoy playing it every now and again, and that no FPS has come close to it since, but then again a ton of recent FPS-styled games have been interesting. Modern Night Combat, for one, is another amazing (recent) FPS.

... And before CoD2 there was the Half-Life boon. Some people picked up Counter Strike as their favorite mod. Mine was Natural Selection. The devs have finally gotten around to releasing Natural Selection II as a standalone game since promising it in 2005, so pardon my over-excitedness.

And in case you mention Battlefield 3, I didn't participate in the Alpha or Beta but know people who did, and they say it's fantastic. My experience with Battlefield 2, and 1942 before it, states otherwise. If the maps can be appropriately balanced, and something is done about the fact that unless you join them, you're up against 64 campers or tank/air support users, then I don't see me enjoying that either. Granted every FPS has a lot of camping involved, but BF2 was an especially sore experience.

Anyway as to Darth Reindeer's original post I think the gist of it was that he was bursting at the seams to tell someone he was playing a beta.Monumental moment in life that it is.
God only hope that he never gets laid or we no doubt are going to have to hear him prattle on about those two minutes too.:mellow:

Oh Nancy, don't be a ninny.
Anyone can get into the beta, it's not some walled garden that I was showing off with. It seems like you've invested your mental abilities far too much into BT, and start seeing the same patterns everywhere now. It's just named a beta because the developers still haven't put the finishing touches on the game. The latest update actually changed the entire spawn system for aliens, as an example of why it should still be called beta.

On-topic: Don't take my word for it. Everyone should give the game a shot, to be honest. Think of a normal Alien vs. Human FPS shooter, except, with one player on each side of the field being an RTS-style general ushering troops around, creating choke-points, and strategically setting up hostile base take overs, while defending his own base, and accounting for losses/human error/inaccuracy at each point. I haven't had this much fun in a public game in years. It's truly a game from the early 2000's that just magically popped up in this decade, instead. It sets up the command system perfectly, the choke-points are always a challenge, and can bring a team together like no other (well ... no other recent attempt at such - Brink par exemple).

If someone (Funkin, probably) wants me to talk about recent game outside the FPS realm, sure. Best games of 2011, soon? To be honest this year was more about the success of indie devs than anything else. Oh and Portal 2.

:happy:

IdolEyes787
10-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh Nancy, don't be a ninny.
Anyone can get into the beta, it's not some walled garden that I was showing off with. It seems like you've invested your mental abilities far too much into BT, and start seeing the same patterns everywhere now. It's just named a beta because the developers still haven't put the finishing touches on the game.

What mental capabilities? I would estimate am about as smart as you are * give or take a dollop of irritating smugness.

*That being not very, given you just apparently took anything I wrote as anything but as an attempt to create something to hang a punchline on .:mellow:

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 06:13 PM
I missed the punchline. That's why I didn't figure out that the entire post was a setup. You'll have to forgive me for that. I skip any sentence that starts with "God".

OlegL
10-22-2011, 11:38 PM
There were other great games released during the past 5 years. Those games are Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 2, GTA IV, L.A. Noire, Infamous, and others. I never played the beta version of Natural Selection 2. I guess I gotta play it. I never played Modern Warfare. I guess I gotta play it also.

Funkin'
10-23-2011, 03:31 AM
I was just messin' with you, Darth. I honestly couldn't care any less what video games you like.

I was just fooled by the thread title. When I read it I was like "cool, a new game that actually might be worth my money". Then I come in and all that sits is a vid to a very run-of-the-mill looking FPS. Needless to say I was let down...

But everyone has their own preference. And if games like these still get you excited then that's great. They once did me as well, and I honestly wish they still did as it seems that's all that's being churned out month after month anymore. Only once in a while does a new video game on a home console peek my interest anymore. And unfortunately there's only been a couple of those lately. That's why I tend to give handhelds more and more of my attention nowadays. Devs tend take more chances with games on these platforms. Which is totally understandable as console games cost more to make, so they need to stick with what's currently selling.

Anyways, predictable and boring games rant is now over.

OlegL
10-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Modern Warfare is a part of "Call of Duty" series? I downloaded the very first game in the Call of Duty franchise and I felt it was cool, though I still haven't completed even the half of the game.

OlegL
10-27-2011, 07:11 PM
i'll have to lose all respect for you.

But then again that kinda already happened when you thought of this game as "legendary".

Currently, Rings' post count sits at 2,445. Taking into account that there is (on average) 2 good reasons to lose all respect for him in each post, we are nearing the 5,000th reason milestone.

:yay:

Don't forget about this post that Darth Rings made:

1) You're either truly self centered and believe that whatever negative action people carry out around you has to be done in order to belittle or humiliate you, in which case, why the heck don't you pick up on it when people make fun of you to your face? Also, in which case - do you truly believe I'm trying to humiliate you? If the answer to that is no (which it has to be if you're a sane individual and can read into situations the right way), then the logical conclusion is that this is your poaching for more sympathy from people, this time by turning me into a villain. Congratulations, you're a psychopath.

2) Or you're a person that can't actually take up responsibility for your actions. I simply regurgitated the truth. If you somehow find that your previous action (which happened one day before I posted) somehow humiliates you by being brought out in front of people - then why do it in the first place? You acknowledge something you did is stupid, and in certain cases humiliating, so you either did it because you want the sympathy of those that want to believe you're absolutely retarded, or you're looking for the sympathy of people who will (once again) side with you once Valerio (or someone else) decides to flip out on you again. Congratulations, you're a sociopath.