PDA

View Full Version : US/Astraweb Posting Error Rate Skyrockets Last 24hrs

Beck38
10-19-2011, 04:27 AM
For whatever reason, US/Astraweb posting errors have shot through the roof over the last 24+ hours. Those using non-error checking uploaders (like PowerPost and the like) will find, if they check their postings, to be rife with errors.

JBinUp has been really tested to the max, but so far has managed to maintain 100% although the throughput has of course been a bit hammered as it has had to (auto) re-post close to 15-20% of all the parts.

Just FYI, downloads from that server seem to be totally unaffected, so it's probably something going wacky with their 'front-end' processor; if I watch it for a while it seems to 'come and go' a bit. I'm sure that they probably don't notice anything going wrong, as usual, though.

Hypatia
10-19-2011, 06:32 AM
yep you are right..

im spreading your analysis to start a righteous jihad against AW support... such a severe crime mustnt be left unnoticed and unpunished

Beck38
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
About 6 hours ago (from the time/date stamp on this message) things 'calmed down' and it started running smooth as silk.

Will continue to monitor (do I have a choice? yes, but since AW/US is quite literally 'down the block' from me I won't be changing my 'main provider' anytime soon. Just hope it was a short-term 'off the rails' event that will stay away.

Beck38
10-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Been 'monitoring' over the last couple of days, and it's kinda went up, down, all around, lots of periods where it couldn't keep any links going for more than a couple minutes, then it quiets down for a couple hours, then back to dropping connections again.

I don't believe that anyone running that large of an operation (or the smallest for that matter) can simply disregard the error messages this must produce.

Hypatia
10-21-2011, 05:27 AM
did u send them ur analysis?

Beck38
10-21-2011, 11:29 PM
did u send them ur analysis?

Oh yes, about 24hrs ago. The Ticket is still 'open' with no response. I mentioned that any logs they keep on the connection resets and the like should be jam packed and overflowing at this point.

Ran some stuff over the last 7+ hours, it was stable as a rock until right at the end. Then it re-started dropping connections once again. Luckily, Mr. JBinUP managed to complete it's 'mission' and I'm done for the day.

Like I commented, I wonder how many errors someone using PowerPost (or it's variants) is making it without tons and TONS of pars; this is how 'bad spots' get created in a filebase.

Hypatia
10-24-2011, 10:05 PM
OOokk.. what the f is that?

check it out via nzb download checker on AW
http://www.mysterbin.com/detail?c=42021225
http://www.mysterbin.com/detail?c=42556442

LOADS of incomplete.(especially on BD) i have no words actually... yet complete on other NNTP providers.
dunno about the dvd but bluray was uploaded via powerpost.. oh well
so sad

Beck38
10-25-2011, 03:34 AM
I has 'calmed down' quite a bit in the last 24-48hrs, to where the connection errors/timeouts went away, and 'soft' errors were maybe one per 6hrs.

Will of course find out if it stays decent. Did get a reply to my ticket, basically not verify any problems, but just asking if it was still 'bad'. Obviously, they saw the bad, but won't verify it. Typical.