PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Downloading From Mirc

Sparkle1984
11-12-2003, 07:03 PM
I decided to try and get files of mIRC for the first time.

I followed the tutorial in the Pinned topic, and I set up the mIRC client (I am using the version of mIRC which came with K-Lite) and searched for the Anger Management film on IRC Spy website.

But when I clicked on the packet number in order to actually get the file, the mIRC client opened up and it displayed an error message saying" Windows cannot find irc://irc.krimson.net/Movies-First. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. To search for a file click Start, then click Search."
Then when I clicked the OK button at the bottom of that error message, a second one came up saying "Internet Explorer cannot open the helper application for irc://irc.krimson.net/Movies-First. The protocol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure the address is correct and try again."

So how do I get it to work then? No wonder many people say mIRC is difficult to use.
Thanks for any advice. ;)

Sparkle1984
11-13-2003, 07:31 PM
bump bump bump

Nobody on here knows the answer? :( Do you know an official mIRC forum where I can get help then?

ZaZu
11-13-2003, 08:13 PM
IRC Forum (http://www.sybextech.com/forum/) ;)

ck-uk
11-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Mate the link must be broken..Just connect to the server&channel manualy.

Sparkle1984
11-13-2003, 11:47 PM
Ok thanks for the forum link and I'll try again with a different file (and hope and pray!!! :lol: )

Rip The Jacker
11-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Seems like your IE doesn't know how to handle irc:// links. You say your using the mIRC version that came with K-Lite, just what version is that? :blink:

Try this...
Un-install mIRC, go to www.mirc.com and download the newest version (6.12) of mIRC. After installing it, IE should be able to handle the links at IRCSpy just fine.

Sparkle1984
11-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks. This new version I just downloaded is working fine! :D

Rip The Jacker
11-15-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@14 November 2003 - 09:03
Thanks. This new version I just downloaded is working fine! :D
Glad to hear it. :D