PDA

View Full Version : Thread for Megabyteme

Squeamous
10-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought we could perhaps cheer him up a little bit, since he seems to have upset himself by talking to himself about his Down's son. So, I'm throwing a virtual party to which you are all invited. I'd welcome further suggestions for the music selection. I'll start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw&ob=av3e

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
What?

But I am up for a party...:01:

IdolEyes787
10-21-2011, 07:41 PM
It's got a nice beat and if you're antisocial and on some kind of drug you can dance to it so I immediately though of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPfVP7swx8g

Actually I thought of chalice but as you are his lapdog , I then thought of you.

Artemis
10-21-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liW-kWFiXtQ

When I saw this fred I immediately thought of a song for you and Darth :naughty:

OlegL
10-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I want weed, my niggas.

iLOVENZB
10-21-2011, 10:18 PM
:O Even with my racial stereotyping I wouldn't use the N word

mjmacky
10-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Excuse me, saying nigger doesn't qualify as racism, the subtle prejudice does.

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 10:44 PM
I want weed, my niggas.

Irony: a lowly, confused Jewish boy making racial statements.

Everyone else in this thread ROCKS. Good music, good friends, BYOB (prescription meds acceptable)...:happy:

IdolEyes787
10-21-2011, 10:47 PM
What about bringing a gun, I'm worried that there might be Black people there.

OlegL
10-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Nigga is a common word in NYC and it's often used by white or black people. When I was a teenager, I heard this word so often...
Anyway, back to you, megabyteme. You talk to yourself about your Down's son? It's okay to do it, but you can also talk to others about it.

IdolEyes787
10-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Nigga is a common word in NYC and it's often used by white or black people. When I was a teenager, I heard this word so often...

Alright I guess that makes it OK then.

Btw is retard also OK as I'm sure you heard that one all the time when you were growing up too.

megabyteme
10-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Anyway, back to you, megabyteme. You talk to yourself about your Down's son? It's okay to do it, but you can also talk to others about it.

I'll talk to anyone about my son. I'm comfortable enough, and love my son enough, that I can even joke with people about him having Down's. Unfortunately, someonething was threatening, with intent to harm, a family with disabilities. Someonething who would cross that line is UNWELCOME to do so. It is obvious they have NO comprehension of what kind of family commitment that involves. Obviously, they do not understand what family love is. I feel sorry for them it.

And, Oleg, your appearance here is only marginally accepted. Have you nothing to add other than the "championing" of pseudo-racial slurs? :ermm:

Quarterquack
10-22-2011, 03:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bQG8v8kTGs&ob=av2n

Is it possible I can get Oleg's father to sing this? Maybe remix the lyrics a little to reverse the point?

brotherdoobie
10-22-2011, 03:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsizIwwNlvk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-doobs :cheers:

essenshial
10-22-2011, 04:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbFr8mc9rj4

people know dead people ..

OlegL
10-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Btw is retard also OK as I'm sure you heard that one all the time when you were growing up too.

When you call someone a "retard", you usually mean it as an insult, but calling someone a "nigga" would be a part of normal social interactions for many people. However, since so many of you are against this word, I won't repeat it again.
Oh, and megabyteme, don't let some douchebag threaten any family with disabled people.

megabyteme
10-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh, and megabyteme, don't let some douchebag threaten any family with disabled people.

Just the other day, I was walking down the street with my wife and some guy in a mask jumped out demanded my wallet, and said, "I've got a Down's Syndrome kid here, and I'm not afraid to use it, nigga!" And I stood up to him. First thing I did was kick the retard out of his hands, then kicked him in the groin. By then, the guy in the mask was already gone. I felt my work was done, but I spit on the kid just to make a point against the sort of violence he was associated with. :01:

Is that what you meant? Because I'd do it again in a heartbeat if you felt it was a good deed...

Artemis
10-22-2011, 09:25 AM

Just the other day, I was walking down the street with my wife and some guy in a mask jumped out demanded my wallet, and said, "I've got a Down's Syndrome kid here, and I'm not afraid to use it, nigga!" And I stood up to him. First thing I did was kick the retard out of his hands, then kicked him in the groin. By then, the guy in the mask was already gone. I felt my work was done, but I spit on the kid just to make a point against the sort of violence he was associated with. :01:

Is that what you meant? Because I'd do it again in a heartbeat if you felt it was a good deed...

If you're ever in New York and you run into a masked guy who threatens you with an Aspergers Syndrome kid, think before kicking the retard out of his hands, you might just be victimising poor Oleg even more.

chalice
10-22-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_RjBL9m23A

OlegL
10-25-2011, 03:39 PM

I know that "retard" is an insulting word, and I know that people often use the word "douche" when they talk about someone they don't like, but when they use the word "sociopath" to describe a person, do they do it because they don't like that person or do they do it because they truly believe that person is a sociopath? The word sociopath seems like a much stronger word than the word douche; that's why I am a bit confused about it.

IdolEyes787
10-25-2011, 03:54 PM
You'll have to ask someone else because I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously.
Other than that I do know is that the meaning of certain words varies with their intent my friend.

OlegL
10-25-2011, 04:33 PM
You'll have to ask someone else because I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously.

I am almost always serious. I rarely joke.

Artemis
10-25-2011, 08:07 PM

I know that "retard" is an insulting word, and I know that people often use the word "douche" when they talk about someone they don't like, but when they use the word "sociopath" to describe a person, do they do it because they don't like that person or do they do it because they truly believe that person is a sociopath? The word sociopath seems like a much stronger word than the word douche; that's why I am a bit confused about it.

And we're back..... Your fixation with the fact that someone called you a sociopath, is almost psychopathic in it's intensity. So personally I would rate you more as a psychopath (with internet stalker tendencies) than a sociopath, if that makes you feel any better.

OlegL
10-25-2011, 08:49 PM
But there is essentially no difference between a psychopath and a sociopath, hehe. Those words are synonyms.

Artemis
10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Since I know you have access to DSM IV Oleg you should know that diagnostically the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath is organisation. Sociopaths tend to be disorganised and have poor impulse control, while psychopaths are highly organised.

But then again based on that analysis, you're back to being a sociopath again....

OlegL
10-25-2011, 11:55 PM
hehe.

megabyteme
10-26-2011, 02:19 AM
This is supposed to be MY thread. A retard trying for the 80th time to determine if he is a sociopath, or psychopath is of no furking interest to me... :frusty:

Now bring on some music, or videos with hotties who have dressed insufficiently for 75F degree weather...

OlegL
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
You are right, megabyteme, that's your thread. And why do you wanna look at hotties when you have a wife?

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 03:08 PM
You are right, megabyteme, that's your thread. And why do you wanna look at hotties when you have a wife?

Because he can eyefuck whoever he likes

Also, it's a bit premature for you to assume monogamous relationships as a rule while having only experienced an autogamous relationship

Artemis
10-26-2011, 07:29 PM
:glag:

OlegL
10-26-2011, 07:44 PM
A retard trying for the 80th time to determine if he is a sociopath, or psychopath is of no furking interest to me... :frusty:

I am trying to determine what's going on in the mind of the fellow who gave me such an EXTREME diagnosis. That fellow is a puzzle; I wanna solve that puzzle.

Artemis
10-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Persistence is it's own reward aye fuckwit ?

megabyteme
10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I am trying to determine what's going on in the mind of the fellow who gave me such an EXTREME diagnosis. That fellow is a puzzle; I wanna solve that puzzle.

What's that in the distance, Oleg? Can you hear the sound? That's HIM coming for you. He is coming, Oleg...

Artemis
10-26-2011, 09:53 PM
And after a short interruption from the peanut gallery (and a word from our sponsor) it's back to the music. In particular a song MBM can REALLY relate to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrHl0wpagFc

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 12:58 AM
And after a short interruption from the peanut gallery (and a word from our sponsor) it's back to the music. In particular a song MBM can REALLY relate to.

[video=video]

Love it! Time to watch Fight Club again. :)

As for my take on the content- I find myself reading massive amounts of information/thoughts/amusements daily; I've completed my Master's; I am starting on a 2nd one in January- I've gotta keep my mind active while raising the twins, or I will go (morely) insane. Yet each time I explore a new topic in-depth, I realize just how little I've scratched the surface. I've come so far from where I started, yet it's a mere 90 minute drive from where I now live...

I also have the realization that these flights of fancy are, ultimately, only of use to myself, and those I choose to share those interests with. That said, I thank my friends (and those who may only observe, and get an occasional** chuckle from my quirks, thoughts, interests, or rants) around here for those moments when our thoughts resonate. Certainly we stay for more than our "luv" of filesharing... :happy:

*;'s placed to show disjointed, circumspect evaluation of self. I realize it is an awkward use for them, but that is purely intentional. As is the word "morely". :)

** I can hope, right?... :)

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 01:02 AM
And why do you wanna look at hotties when you have a wife?

Because he can eyefuck whoever he likes

Also, it's a bit premature for you to assume monogamous relationships as a rule while having only experienced an autogamous relationship

Immediately going to signature... :lol: :happy:

Artemis
10-27-2011, 02:10 AM
I've gotta keep my mind active while raising the twins, or I will go (morely) insane.....

Everyone in the world is insane except you and I, and sometimes I wonder about you. :naughty:

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Everyone in the world is insane except you and I, and sometimes I wonder about you. :naughty:

If my weathered, frayed, skewed, and occasionally bent psyche is the high-bar for stability, man is truly a failed experiment. :sadwalk:

OlegL
10-27-2011, 03:34 AM
you and I

That reminded me of the great song "You and I" by the band Scorpions. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hKkxalEVIo . Oh, those 80s hair bands...

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Makes me think of the train wreck that Tawny Kitaen became...

Before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg&feature=related

After:89976

Looking around, there are a lot of really nice pics of her, but I recently saw her on one of the CSI shows, and she looked like an old Mercedes that was never maintained...

mjmacky
10-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Immediately going to signature... :lol: :happy:

Honored to not have to follow the footsteps of one MC Hammer; I'd hate to have to build my own search augmentation engine.

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Where's Hammer? could be a good app replacement for the old Where's Waldo? books. Oh, there he is...he's at the geek's convention showing off his new search engine. NEVER thought to look for him there... :O

OlegL
10-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Megabyteme, you are already in your 40s, so why do you act stupid sometimes?

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Megabyteme, you are already in your 40s, so why do you act stupid sometimes?

Get up on the wrong prescription this morning, O? :huh:

OlegL
10-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Never mind.

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Can you not tell when someone is being playful online?

Now go wash everything that has stank on it and make a good impression with the school. Go.

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Quit reading pointless Lounge posts, and get ready for your appointment.

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Seriously. Didn't I tell you to stop reading?

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Good gawd, Oleg.

GO!

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:17 PM
You can't still be reading, can you?

:frusty:

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:18 PM
How are you going to live up to college-level work if you fail to understand, "GO!"?

:rolleyes:

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Never mind.

mjmacky
10-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Never mind.

That paid off :happy:

Artemis
10-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Can you not tell when someone is being playful online?

Now go wash everything that has stank on it and make a good impression with the school. Go.

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, OlegL simply doesn't seem to grasp humor, it is more than just being humorless like Glod and up there in the realms of there is something actually missing from the weird little import's makeup. The most you get out of Oleg is hehe when you are being exceedingly unsubtle, but then I suppose it is just another reason why girls don't want to fuck him.....

megabyteme
10-28-2011, 10:22 PM
We'll file that under reason

287a: unwashed stanky parts

and

287b: sense of humor like German accountant

Squeamous
10-30-2011, 09:34 AM
This is like a party in a sorority dorm. You are without doubt the most pathetic group of men I think I've come across. Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to return to the decks and try to salvage something out of this horrible mess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchPLaiKocI&ob=av2e

OlegL
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
In case you haven't picked up on it yet, OlegL simply doesn't seem to grasp humor

So, do you think this post was meant as a joke? Look:

1) You're either truly self centered and believe that whatever negative action people carry out around you has to be done in order to belittle or humiliate you, in which case, why the heck don't you pick up on it when people make fun of you to your face? Also, in which case - do you truly believe I'm trying to humiliate you? If the answer to that is no (which it has to be if you're a sane individual and can read into situations the right way), then the logical conclusion is that this is your poaching for more sympathy from people, this time by turning me into a villain. Congratulations, you're a psychopath.

2) Or you're a person that can't actually take up responsibility for your actions. I simply regurgitated the truth. If you somehow find that your previous action (which happened one day before I posted) somehow humiliates you by being brought out in front of people - then why do it in the first place? You acknowledge something you did is stupid, and in certain cases humiliating, so you either did it because you want the sympathy of those that want to believe you're absolutely retarded, or you're looking for the sympathy of people who will (once again) side with you once Valerio (or someone else) decides to flip out on you again. Congratulations, you're a sociopath.

mjmacky
10-31-2011, 08:23 PM

So a Jew, a postman, and a lion tamer walk into a bar

Yes, I think it was intended to be a joke

Artemis
10-31-2011, 08:35 PM

1) You're either truly self centered and believe that whatever negative action people carry out around you has to be done in order to belittle or humiliate you, in which case, why the heck don't you pick up on it when people make fun of you to your face? Also, in which case - do you truly believe I'm trying to humiliate you? If the answer to that is no (which it has to be if you're a sane individual and can read into situations the right way), then the logical conclusion is that this is your poaching for more sympathy from people, this time by turning me into a villain. Congratulations, you're a psychopath.

2) Or you're a person that can't actually take up responsibility for your actions. I simply regurgitated the truth. If you somehow find that your previous action (which happened one day before I posted) somehow humiliates you by being brought out in front of people - then why do it in the first place? You acknowledge something you did is stupid, and in certain cases humiliating, so you either did it because you want the sympathy of those that want to believe you're absolutely retarded, or you're looking for the sympathy of people who will (once again) side with you once Valerio (or someone else) decides to flip out on you again. Congratulations, you're a sociopath.

Why would you think that was a joke Oleg ? I think that Darth was being serious when he posted that, we have already discussed (frequently) that Darth does not like you and one of the side effects of dislike is that they tend to post negative things about you. I know that amongst your other disabilities is the complete and utter inability to understand this no matter how many times you are told but it falls upon me to try and lead you to the obvious conclusion that Darth doesn't fucking like you and will probably say things like this.
Even when he is joking, it will be a nasty joke, because he doesn't like you. If you like since you lack the basic skills to interpret what he is saying if you pm me I will tell you whether the latest nasty thing he has said is a joke or not, but in the meantime if you could go and buy a stack of postit notes and write on them Darth doesn't like me, and stick them all around your computer monitor, then when confused you will be able to immediately grasp the true meaning behind Darth's words.

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 08:42 PM
I thought Darth liked Oleg... :whistling

Artemis
10-31-2011, 08:49 PM
I thought Darth liked Oleg... :whistling

They made a movie about your life a few years ago.... It was called 'Dazed and confused'.

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 08:50 PM
This is like a party in a sorority dorm. You are without doubt the most pathetic group of men I think I've come across. Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to return to the decks and try to salvage something out of this horrible mess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchPLaiKocI&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c

Artemis
10-31-2011, 08:54 PM
And now for something slightly less tacky..... if more obscure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 09:00 PM
I have it on good authority that after Boogie Wonderland they stopped making good music.
You're clip sort of proves that point.

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Cretin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ig-6f0g55c

Artemis
10-31-2011, 09:09 PM
I have it on good authority that after Boogie Wonderland they stopped making good music.
You're clip sort of proves that point.

Ah well if you're completely determined to dance around in your disco boots, here is some REAL funk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SoZ1UVh-jM

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 09:19 PM
George Clinton scares me.I like Black just not that Black. :(

Artemis
10-31-2011, 09:23 PM

Fuck you're getting fussy in your old age....

How about some glitter to tone down the blackness, will that do ??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Closer but think "this is my idea of hardcore Rap".:mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRM0cAqAY9c

OlegL
10-31-2011, 10:27 PM
IdolEyes, this is a great song, actually.

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 11:28 PM
IdolEyes, this is a great song, actually.

Merits of the song aside and I actually like Eminem ,I think the point was that wishing really, really hard to be Black doesn't make you Black.

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=IdolEyes787;3623574]Closer but think "this is my idea of hardcore Rap".:mellow:

[video=M&M]

From crack pipe to cracker. Let's just keep rollin' with the trend, shall we?

For Idol:

[video=youtube;0A7tLVIsuNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A7tLVIsuNw

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
You know how I always say that I don't hate anyone? Well I hate Jim Carey.

IdolEyes787
10-31-2011, 11:54 PM
I was going to put up Play That Funky Music (white boy) by Wild Cherry but even I have my limits.:mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTnKvJh-NZQ

Artemis
11-01-2011, 12:58 AM
You forgot that there are worse white things out there than Wild Cherry..... but I didn't :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

megabyteme
11-01-2011, 12:06 PM
You forgot that there are worse white things out there than Wild Cherry..... but I didn't :naughty:

[video=video]

Best lyrics ever written by a white wrapper:

Stop! Word to your mother.

:cool2:

OlegL
11-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Why would you think that was a joke Oleg ? I think that Darth was being serious when he posted that, we have already discussed (frequently) that Darth does not like you and one of the side effects of dislike is that they tend to post negative things about you. I know that amongst your other disabilities is the complete and utter inability to understand this no matter how many times you are told but it falls upon me to try and lead you to the obvious conclusion that Darth doesn't fucking like you and will probably say things like this.
Even when he is joking, it will be a nasty joke, because he doesn't like you. If you like since you lack the basic skills to interpret what he is saying if you pm me I will tell you whether the latest nasty thing he has said is a joke or not, but in the meantime if you could go and buy a stack of postit notes and write on them Darth doesn't like me, and stick them all around your computer monitor, then when confused you will be able to immediately grasp the true meaning behind Darth's words.

And he recently called me a "sociopathic trash". Wow, this guy dislikes me pretty strongly.

megabyteme
11-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Oleg, I told you before, I am not interested in this shit. post something interesting, or post some good music vids, or fuck the fuck off. Seriously. <--- As in I'm not joking.

EDIT- It doesn't even have to be good music- the low bar sits at Vanilla Ice... :(

Artemis
11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
And he recently called me a "sociopathic trash". Wow, this guy dislikes me pretty strongly.

What's to like ?

Oleg, I told you before, I am not interested in this shit. post something interesting, or post some good music vids, or fuck the fuck off. Seriously. <--- As in I'm not joking.

EDIT- It doesn't even have to be good music- the low bar sits at Vanilla Ice... :(

Challenge accepted ! :devil:

Artemis
11-01-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULI5kolBpAk

NotLettingItGo
11-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Is that the best you've got?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3mrUe_5MLM

Artemis
11-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I aint finished yet !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOzUzJd6wM

NotLettingItGo
11-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I've seen your play and I raise you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElnCI1fkfFM

OlegL
11-01-2011, 09:07 PM
If you like hair metal songs, this is a good song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K7jdyfi70M

You're giving yourself away! It's written in the tears on your face! I see through the part that you play! Hey!

IdolEyes787
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULI5kolBpAk

I liked that.:unsure:

I think being raised on stuff like Youngblood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9R9626Q4KY) and The Wraith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvRFN-zRQM) may have seriously effected my sense of taste.

Anyway I will take your Sonny Crockett and raise you a whatever his name was Hutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8APrYU2Gs

Where's the fire?:flowers:

Biggles
11-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Something seasonal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_abGp7psLpg

No idea what the hell is going on at this party (the floral dance :unsure: )

NotLettingItGo
11-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I ony posted that cause I knew you was coming Les.

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKo4FMzt_hM

IdolEyes787
11-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Shatner is the only actor in the World bad enough to overact unconvincingly .

megabyteme
11-02-2011, 01:55 AM
[video=Shatner]

I was going to play the Shatner card... :angry:

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 04:25 AM
I was going to play the Shatner card... :angry:

110 min too late, I think I won your thread. The real question is would you have gone new Shatner, or old Shatner?

Artemis
11-02-2011, 05:29 AM
The fred aint over till the freak boy sings.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5gH9SHeWxA

IdolEyes787
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
The fred aint over till the freak boy sings.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5gH9SHeWxA

You win that round because the rules which I just made up ,specifically state that parodies don't count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYu88jIDYs

Squeamous
11-02-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKo4FMzt_hM

NO MACKY. NO! And you were not invited!

megabyteme
11-02-2011, 04:06 PM
And here I thought it was a bit flattering to have a thread dedicated to me. :pinch:

EDIT: Old Shatner, ofc.

Squeamous
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Come on then girls, get your murses in the middle and lets have a little dance shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmFu-hF6iKc

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
And here I thought it was a bit flattering to have a thread dedicated to me. :pinch:

EDIT: Old Shatner, ofc.

It's like having a birthday party and all you get are gag gifts. Yet another reason to avoid birthdays, everyone's. I feel like the spoken Rocket Man is too familiar by now.

Biggles
11-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I see your Shatner and raise you a Nimoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR-MSZSLC5w

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 07:18 PM
i see your shatner and raise you a nimoy

What's A Leonard Nimoy ?

Biggles
11-02-2011, 07:45 PM
i see your shatner and raise you a nimoy

What's A Leonard Nimoy ?

A sign of affection

IdolEyes787
11-02-2011, 07:56 PM

I thought the whole idea was to post something that reminded us of you.

You know oldish,filled with good intentions but still unbelievably annoying.:)

OlegL
11-02-2011, 08:55 PM
What's to like ?

But when he uses the term sociopath, he implies that I have no conscience and that I never feel guilt after I do something bad. Even if he doesn't like me, his insistence on using that term means that he's weird.
And now, back to music. I love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh4LHvYUF_Q

"You're fucking with a Dirty New Yorker..."

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 09:16 PM
What's A Leonard Nimoy ?

A sign of affection

IdolEyes787
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I met James Doohan once.
Odd thing was that he put on this weird Canadian accent the whole time.

IdolEyes787
11-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Not liking to be mocked needlessness to say I punched him in the face.

megabyteme
11-02-2011, 11:21 PM
And now, back to music. I love this song:

[video]

"You're fucking with a Dirty New Yorker..."

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81040669/

mjmacky
11-02-2011, 11:34 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81040669/

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/digital-short-ras-trent/787281

Ras Trent, specifically @ 1:43

*sorry if it's not viewable in your country, I tried to find a geographically neutral source without luck.

megabyteme
11-02-2011, 11:59 PM
If The Lounge produced a documentary*...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/giraffes/810987

*Found when watching Macky's SNL link.

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 02:38 AM
If The Lounge produced a documentary*...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/giraffes/810987

*Found when watching Macky's SNL link.

I remember that one. People have been knocking SNL for years for their hit and miss nature, but they have always and still continue to produce gems of skits.

megabyteme
11-03-2011, 04:53 AM
I remember that one. People have been knocking SNL for years for their hit and miss nature, but they have always and still continue to produce gems of skits.

For me, SNL has been more miss than hit for a long time. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it would be to keep fresh ideas flowing for so long. SNL has the benefit of fresh faces, but suffers from constant comparison to previous giants, and pioneers.

Other long-running shows (South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy) all have the difficulty of remaining fresh while maintaining the same characters. I honestly don't know which would be more difficult. However, as a consumer, I (we) have expectations that the material will remain fresh, and funny, or it will blow away like a tumble weed.

Each of the mentioned shows have become largely hit-and-miss. It is the occasional gem that keeps the show(s) running after all these years. I was pleasantly surprised with South Park around 3 weeks ago when they came up with The Last of the Meheecans (http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e09-the-last-of-the-meheecans) (s15 ep09)*. That was serious win. Hopefully they can knock a few more out of the park this year, too.

I miss the days where I could watch each of these shows every week with expectations of good laughs and creative thoughts going into them. As a related side note, Bevis and Butthead have returned. The description for the first returning episode (http://www.mtv.com/videos/beavis-and-butt-head-season-9-ep-1-werewolves-of-highland-crying/1673228/playlist.jhtml#series=2211&seriesId=37392&channelId=1) (season 9 is what it's being called by the studio) was a Halloween-based story that sounds quite promising. I plan to give that one a shot. It was another one that could really produce some solid, juvenile laughs. Hopefully the show's return will be better than the suck ass attempt at Ren and Stimpy. :angry:

*According to the main site (http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e09-the-last-of-the-meheecans), numbers should coincide with available downloads.

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Also awaiting to give Beavis & Butthead a shot at revival. I haven't heard ANYTHING about it other than it's coming back. Wonder if they're going to use the same cheap Korean animation.

megabyteme
11-03-2011, 07:18 AM
The link I posted plays the full show without commercials. I have watched it since my last post in this thread, and I got a few laughs out of it. The formula does still work, and given some creative thought it could work again. Give it a shot- for what it is (and always has been) 7.5/10. I will look for following episodes. :happy:

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 06:33 PM
The link I posted

Ahh, the Black Stealth theme once again subverts my noticement of hyperlinks

megabyteme
11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
The link I posted

Ahh, the Black Stealth theme once again subverts my noticement of hyperlinks

Why else would it be called "Stealth"? :unsure:

Biggles
11-03-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1lqTrEP8w

If the shoe fits

megabyteme
11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
It's a game of honor and diplomacy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXh3XR9zyM

Funkin'
11-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Also awaiting to give Beavis & Butthead a shot at revival. I haven't heard ANYTHING about it other than it's coming back. Wonder if they're going to use the same cheap Korean animation.

I watched last weeks episode. It was alright, but not as funny as I was expecting. I have the series DVR'd so hopefully it's only going to get better.

Biggles
11-03-2011, 11:05 PM

I watched last weeks episode. It was alright, but not as funny as I was expecting. I have the series DVR'd so hopefully it's only going to get better.

For a pair of charmless knobs Beavis and Butthead could be quite funny. With so many aspiring to stupid as a life choice I am not so sure they are the satire they once were.

mjmacky
11-03-2011, 11:41 PM
With so many aspiring to stupid as a life choice I am not so sure they are the satire they once were.

Important context with which to view it.

mjmacky
11-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I finally caught up with the new Beavis & Butthead, already 2 episodes in. I feel the satire now is they are more intellectually advanced than their average counterparts. I also wondered if the were still going to do music videos, but they updated that with current MTV programming(with some music videos). I ended up watching more of Jersey Shore, pregnant teen shows, and something about how losers live their life more than I've ever done before. I'm now up to date with pop culture 91223

91224 (http://www.xkcd.com/973/)