PDA

View Full Version : [Request] demonoid invite

arnavk007
10-22-2011, 04:34 AM
I am looking for a demonoid invite so that i can start torrenting.

Artemis
10-22-2011, 04:54 AM
I would like a horse so I can start riding.

anon
10-22-2011, 04:55 AM
An account gives a few perks, such as the infamously inaccurate ratio tracking or the ability to comment on torrents, but you don't need one to download from Demonoid. :)

If you're new to private trackers, make sure you keep an eye on the open signups thread. Good places (including this one) often open their doors.

arnavk007
10-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Then why do they have open and closed registrations.
Also is there some other good general tracker for newbies.
Currently i use direct downloads from warez-bb.
Also i am from india if that matters
A ratio-less tracker would be preferred.

Silence
10-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey arnavk007,
I have a demonoid acct that i used when i was a newbie in the BT world, but since i got access to the private trackers i have stopped using the demonoid acct so if u want the acct then PM me regarding this thread and i will give u the acct details. Btw i too am from India :D

IdolEyes787
10-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey arnavk007,
I have a demonoid acct that i used when i was a newbie in the BT world, but since i got access to the private trackers i have stopped using the demonoid acct

Yeah because obviously you know a lot more now.:ermm:

Silence
10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Hey arnavk007,
I have a demonoid acct that i used when i was a newbie in the BT world, but since i got access to the private trackers i have stopped using the demonoid acct

Yeah because obviously you know a lot more now.:ermm:

Yeah i do xP

ddy
10-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi arnavk007,i could help you :) Please tell me some of your opinion about private trackers,then i will see how can i help you.Really a little busy these days,miss my friends here very much,MBM,MJ and more friends here,How are you,my mates? :)

arnavk007
10-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Thank you silence.
I used to use pirate bay but did not like the amount of fake torrents and the fact that my internet connection got choked when torrenting.
Then i shifted to warez-bb but had to get premium accounts to get most of the downloads. One of my hacker friends used to provide them but now he has stopped giving me accounts so i am back to torrenting.

anon
10-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Currently i use direct downloads from warez-bb.
Also i am from india if that matters
A ratio-less tracker would be preferred.

Then I guess you'd be okay on Pretome. Sadly, they aren't open for signups.

I used to use pirate bay but did not like the amount of fake torrents and the fact that my internet connection got choked when torrenting.

Torrents open more connections to leech than a traditional HTTP download, and don't forget you also have to upload back. If you can't do absolutely anything as long as you're torrenting, you have a problem there, though.

Then i shifted to warez-bb but had to get premium accounts to get most of the downloads. One of my hacker friends used to provide them but now he has stopped giving me accounts so i am back to torrenting.

Let's hope he doesn't come back and gives you tracker accounts that way. :ermm:

Silence
10-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Acct Details sent !
Enjoy :)

arnavk007
10-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks silence

Silence
10-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Ur welcome m8 :)

IdolEyes787
10-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Remind me to never trust either of you ever again.

Silence
10-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Remind me to never trust either of you ever again.

Why's that ??

megabyteme
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi arnavk007,i could help you :) Please tell me some of your opinion about private trackers,then i will see how can i help you.Really a little busy these days,miss my friends here very much,MBM,MJ and more friends here,How are you,my mates? :)

Very good, ddy. Very happy to see you are still coming around! Where's my daily joke? :D

BTW, I wouldn't waste time with this "new" member. He's already taken an account in which he will use to gain other trackers- when he could have easily gotten his own account and started honestly. arnavk007 will become just another one of the problems around here, and no one to help.

Please keep in touch, ddy!

arnavk007
10-24-2011, 04:20 AM
But why do you say so. Initially i asked for an invite but silence offered me his account which i took.

yevgeny
10-24-2011, 07:44 AM
@arnavk007

anon
10-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Also, check the open signup thread as there is some good sites to join, one I like is postfile.org/signup.php

Some other nice trackers that are usually open as far as I know:
TorrentBytes.net - signup used to be a bitch, but I was told they changed it. Wasn't always open, no idea now.
ILoveTorrents - was my first tracker :)
DIDIDave - doesn't accept free e-mails, but maybe you'll find one they haven't blacklisted!

Silence
10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Acct taken back from arnavk007. Will give it back to him when anon, mjmacky and Idoleyes tell me to.

IdolEyes787
10-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Acct taken back from arnavk007. Will give it back to him when anon, mjmacky and Idoleyes tell me to.

Now you're only compounding the problem by being a welch.
Also I don't know if you were being factitious or not but I'm not your mother. You should be the one who decides what is right or wrong but by the same reasoning you should also be prepared to stand by any consequences.

arnavk007
10-24-2011, 12:15 PM
ok
Thank you anon

megabyteme
10-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Also I don't know if you were being factitious or not but I'm not your mother. You should be the one who decides what is right or wrong but by the same reasoning you should also be prepared to stand by any consequences.

I'll clear something up here...

Silence contacted me a few minutes after I made my last post in this thread. My comments must have struck him as he had done something wrong. He is still very new here, and is still trying to learn what is right and wrong.

I suggested that he take back the account and start the new member with an invite. I told him that giving accounts away was VERY similar to trading- trackers have no way of telling who is on their tracker, and these pumped-up accounts can be used to "proof" what a good user they are. Nobody wins.

Bottom line: I am ALL for helping out the new member. If he needs it, I can give him an invite to Demonoid myself. No problems.

Silence's intentions were good- he simply wanted to give the new user a leg-up. He now knows that that is frowned upon, and I doubt he will do such a thing again. I am happy he was willing too listen to some of the older voices around here, and correct his mistake. Now, no negative comments need to be made to either the new member, or Silence- both are now following good community norms. :happy:

If anyone is to blame for Silence's "welching" it is me. I instructed him to do so. I will gladly make things right with the Requester, if need be.

Silence
10-24-2011, 08:03 PM

I'll clear something up here...

Silence contacted me a few minutes after I made my last post in this thread. My comments must have struck him as he had done something wrong. He is still very new here, and is still trying to learn what is right and wrong.

I suggested that he take back the account and start the new member with an invite. I told him that giving accounts away was VERY similar to trading- trackers have no way of telling who is on their tracker, and these pumped-up accounts can be used to "proof" what a good user they are. Nobody wins.

Bottom line: I am ALL for helping out the new member. If he needs it, I can give him an invite to Demonoid myself. No problems.

Silence's intentions were good- he simply wanted to give the new user a leg-up. He now knows that that is frowned upon, and I doubt he will do such a thing again. I am happy he was willing too listen to some of the older voices around here, and correct his mistake. Now, no negative comments need to be made to either the new member, or Silence- both are now following good community norms. :happy:

If anyone is to blame for Silence's "welching" it is me. I instructed him to do so. I will gladly make things right with the Requester, if need be.

Thanks for those words megabyteme :)
If u want i can still give him a good general tracker invite like IPT or ILT or speed.cd. I just want u guys to agree on the giveaway.

IdolEyes787
10-24-2011, 08:06 PM
After all this pointlessness I think you show give him FTN.

megabyteme
10-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks for those words megabyteme :)
If u want i can still give him a good general tracker invite like IPT or ILT or speed.cd. I just want u guys to agree on the giveaway.

Certainly, Silence. IPT and Demonoid invites would be a GREAT way for anyone to get started. And, I should emphasize here, that the Requester has not shown anything but being a good member here- let's just make sure he starts off on the right path, he'll have a FAR better chance of success in the future. :happy:

Good work, Silence, you are alright in my book. Thanks for correcting your error in judgement! :)

arnavk007
10-25-2011, 04:24 AM
what will happen now. I dont even understand what all you are talking about.
Earlier i asked for an invite and he gave me an account. Why am i blamed for bad conduct?

megabyteme
10-25-2011, 06:13 AM
what will happen now. I dont even understand what all you are talking about.
Earlier i asked for an invite and he gave me an account. Why am i blamed for bad conduct?

The mistake was not yours, but Silence's. He cleared it up. He should be giving you invites to IPT and Demonoid. If, for some reason, he diesn't, I will.

You did nothing wrong, but taking of active accounts is strongly frowned upon. Everyone should have their own account- this makes it easier for the staff to know who is on their tracker. No worries, arnavk007, your name is (sofar) good around here. Welcome.

Silence
10-25-2011, 11:57 AM
@megabyteme : :)
@arnav : if u want an IPT invite them PM me with ur email :)

arnavk007
10-26-2011, 05:04 AM
yevgeny sent me a demonoid invite.
I thank him for it.
Silence thank you for this gesture

megabyteme
10-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Did you get IPT, arnavk007? If not, send me your gmail via PM. Nothing further needed. It is a WONDERFUL site everyone should at least take an honest look at (easy to seed, tons of files, good release times, friendly members/staff, etc.).

Cut-Copy-Paste
10-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Just To point out only because tracker says account giving is bad does not makes it bad. If you feel you dont need ur account anymore their is nothing wrong in giving it to someone who need it. As for it being used as "Ratio Proof" i suspect if any1 even consider demonoid ratio as a valid proof. And that their are thousand other ways to procure fake ratio proofs.

megabyteme
10-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Just To point out only because tracker says account giving is bad does not makes it bad. If you feel you dont need ur account anymore their is nothing wrong in giving it to someone who need it. As for it being used as "Ratio Proof" i suspect if any1 even consider demonoid ratio as a valid proof. And that their are thousand other ways to procure fake ratio proofs.

Why not just start honest, and stat honest? Respect tracker rules, or use usenet.

If you were to come to my home, and disobey my basic rules (let's say putting your feet on the coffee table, or kicking my dog), I would have EVERY right to kick you out of my home as a bad guest. The same follows for trackers. If you choose to disobey simple rules, expect to be unwelcome. It's silly to even risk it. :ermm:

EDIT: For benefit of total disclosure, I share 2 accounts. The first account allows up to 3 separate IP addresses, and I know the other user VERY well. The second account was given to me from another friend (again, someone I got to know- NOT some random stranger) and invitations have been closed for well over a year. I actually have a specific need for this site's unique content for my children. I have agreed to give the account back to its owner once invites are open again.

The above two circumstances are the ONLY exceptions for using someone else's account I can think of. AND, the second account is in constant jeopardy of being banned. The first one actually follows ALL site rules, and I help a friend seed since she enjoys Asian cinema, but is stuck using satellite which has dial-up for upload. I am simply doing her a favor.

Bottom line: If you are a bad guest, expect to be treated as such. If you can abide by a simple set of rules, expect to be able to enjoy the site(s) for as long as you would like.

EDIT- Also, CC&P, can you tell me just how much different giving an account away, and trading it are? As far as a tracker is concerned, they really look to be the same thing, and often get people banned. :ermm:

Silence
10-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Did you get IPT, arnavk007? If not, send me your gmail via PM. Nothing further needed. It is a WONDERFUL site everyone should at least take an honest look at (easy to seed, tons of files, good release times, friendly members/staff, etc.).

Not to worry m8, i gave him an IPT invite. :)
@arnav : Please read the rules and FAQ and if u have any questions then feel free to PM the staff (but only ask them questions that have not been answered in the forums and rules/faq) Seed back all torrents to a 1:1 ratio or more and enjoy :)

megabyteme
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for helping out our new member, and getting him started on the right track, Silence. I think he will enjoy both sites.

anon
10-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Just To point out only because tracker says account giving is bad does not makes it bad. If you feel you dont need ur account anymore their is nothing wrong in giving it to someone who need it.

I can agree with that. Some people see an account as something personal and not transferable (which is fine), but I'd strongly prefer giving an account I don't use to someone else who will make good use of it, instead of letting it rot. However, if the tracker has a "no account giveaways, stop using it if you don't want it" rule, then it's still (obviously) breaking their rules. And as MBM said, they have no way of telling good-intentioned account GAs and trading apart (and let's face it, which one takes place more often?).

Silence
10-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for helping out our new member, and getting him started on the right track, Silence. I think he will enjoy both sites.

Np .... :)

Cut-Copy-Paste
10-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Why not just start honest, and stat honest? Respect tracker rules, or use usenet.
See, Rules should be obeyed if they make sense and are not absurd. If we follow same logic than u can also say that either follow copyright law or leave the country.

If you were to come to my home, and disobey my basic rules (let's say putting your feet on the coffee table, or kicking my dog), I would have EVERY right to kick you out of my home as a bad guest. The same follows for trackers. If you choose to disobey simple rules, expect to be unwelcome.

I think what u said their was correct but more comparable to practice like ratio-cheating etc. I suspect if u would just kick the same guest out just because he brought along a friend.

It's silly to even risk it. :ermm:
Also, CC&P, can you tell me just how much different giving an account away, and trading it are? As far as a tracker is concerned, they really look to be the same thing, and often get people banned. :ermm:

I feel that here risk is minimalist. U dont need ur account any more so it does not matter either what way it get disabled. The person who is receiving account is getting something. Use it for a while ifit get disable move on, if not use it. The really unlikely it would get disable if it does not happen in few days of IP change.

As for my view goes I think pvt tracker are meant for users to use. Consider it like ur hotel where u wont kick ur guest for putting feet on table untill/unless he creates excess of mess.

As for my share of discloser gave away a PT account. I got invited as ScT refuge but later felt it was not according to needs so gave it to a guy who looked like a good user and knew polish (Atleast thats what he told me).

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 01:59 PM
See, Rules should be obeyed if they make sense and are not absurd.

There is nothing absurd about asking that each person sign up for their own FREE account. Nor any of the other basic rules common to trackers.

If we follow same logic than u can also say that either follow copyright law or leave the country.

That's a bit extreme, isn't it? And, at the very least, we are talking about risk versus reward. Let's say the user truly enjoys the site, but gets banned for using the borrowed/traded account once caught. The user no longer has the option to be a good, honest user and start over. If he started fresh, and followed the basic rules, he would be able to keep his account.

By giving away accounts, you risk the chance of causing unnecessary problems for staff AND the member you are trying to help.

arnavk007
10-30-2011, 04:54 AM
Thanks all
btw is iptorrents ratiofree

megabyteme
10-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Thanks all

IPT is not, but it is known to be an easy to seed site. Just leave your torrents active for a couple days, and you should be in good shape.

anon
10-30-2011, 05:23 AM
Thanks all

We have that WTO thing for such questions. :P

Silence
10-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks all

Nope it's not ratio free as u can clearly see "ratio" written under ur name. For now ur ratio is inf : infinity, that's bcz u haven't downloaded anything. Ratio will change from inf. to x.x0 number as soon as u download a non-freeleech torrent. Don't hit&run any torrents whether it's freeleech or not, otherwise u might get a warning.

anon
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't hit&run any torrents whether it's freeleech or not, otherwise u might get a warning.

No one I know got warned for hit & running there - which doesn't make it okay, by the way. And you aren't going to increase your ratio like that.

Note you start with 1.9GB uploaded and they also have bonus points... although the system is awkward sometimes. By the time you reach the possibility of acquiring 10 gigs (= 1000 points) through it, you'll have uploaded a lot more than that. :)

Silence
10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Im sure that a few have got warnings for that. But that doesn't mean that u keep HnR torrents all the time. Getting bonus pt.s is really easy, just keep 10 torrents active in ur client and u will get approx 50 bonus pts. everyday although im not sure how the calc. works.

anon
10-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Supposedly it's like this:

0KB/s = 1 bonus point every 5-6 hours
1-10KB/s = 1 bonus point/hour
11-25KB/s = 2 bonus points/hour
26-90KB/s = 3 bonus points/hour
100KB+/s = 5 Bonus points/hour

Maximum per hour = 12 Bonus points/hour

Although I think it's sort of buggy.

Silence
10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
That's how it works...hmm
I thought that the amnt of bp that u get depended on the size of the torrent.

Btw Megabyteme : i get an error when i try to send u a message can u plz delete ur old messages so that i can send u a new one.

megabyteme
10-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Btw Megabyteme : i get an error when i try to send u a message can u plz delete ur old messages so that i can send u a new one.

Inbox prepped for spam bombing. Feel free to commence...

arnavk007
10-31-2011, 02:22 PM
thanks for the advice.
am now using wbb and ipt for my needs.