PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is TheUmbrellaCorporation ?

dogcodeo6
10-22-2011, 06:20 PM
I just got this email but I was never a member of Scene Slayer.
Who are these people? I'd really like to know where did they steal my email from? :dry:

the email:

from [email protected]
to -me-
date Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 7:45 PM
subject Dear Scene Slayer users old and new & Current UC m
mailed-by theumbrellacorporation.me

Scene Slayer has now merged with The Umbrella Corporation.
As such our address has changed to > http://www.theumbrellacorporation.me/index.php <
Please follow that link and sign in with your usual nick and password to enter the site.
If you have any difficulties signing in please come into IRC here: frontieronline.co.uk:+7000 #UC
Here at The Umbrella Corporation you will find lots of up-to-date torrents on all topics with regular daily updates; other features include exclusive user sections such as the poker and gaming rooms. Plus an xxx streamer room along with a full updated forum section, and a dedicated IRC.
We run as a freeleech site so you can download all you would like and only have to seed back for a minimum of 3 days.
We run special promotions such as Donation Promotion:-
For every donation made we are offering our members 100GB upload credit, 5 K of Karma points, and 1 Month of Umbrella Corporation Stockholder privileges with 30 days of HnR Forgiveness. Just click on the donation button on the top right hand side of your screen.
We look forward to seeing you soon at The Umbrella Corporation where Our Business Is Life Itself ...

P.S. For those who do not have an IRC Client Installed you can use this one here: http://chat.mibbit.com
Enter the server details: frontieronline.co.uk:+7000
Your Nick and the Channel #UC
Then press connect and you're in.

anon
10-22-2011, 06:23 PM
What the hell is TheUmbrellaCorporation ?

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/436306-UmbrellaCorporation-Review

If you weren't a member of that place they're supposed to have merged with, then it must be some sort of guerrilla advertisement tactic. :idunno:

Burnsy
10-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Does that mean it's a site run by monkeys?

IdolEyes787
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Monkeys generally tend to be more mature and less annoying.

dogcodeo6
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
I read it's probably connected to some idiot admin who stole emails from PTP some time ago.

anyway I just signed up at theumbrellacorporation.me, and see that they link to radio.revolutiontt.net interesting :unsure:

Artemis
10-22-2011, 08:07 PM
So the spam email worked then :frusty:

dogcodeo6
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
So the spam email worked then :frusty:

yeah curiosity got the best of me...but I won't be going back to that site again, there is nothing to download anyway.

Burnsy
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Hopefully you haven't used the same p/w there you use on other sites?

dogcodeo6
10-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Hopefully you haven't used the same p/w there you use on other sites? No siree! that would be an idiotic thing to do in this day and age.

LubTheStaringCat
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
TheUmbrellaCorporation?..It sounds like something from a seedy 1960's TV series, like The Man from U.N.C.L.E :D

anon
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Or Resident Evil maybe :idunno:

IdolEyes787
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
TheUmbrellaCorporation?..It sound likesomething from a seedy 1960's TV series, like The Man from U.N.C.L.E :D

Or the name of the evil pharmaceutical company from Resident Evil.:unsure:

@anon Yeah you may have been faster but I wrote like eleven words.:mellow:

Btw I'm starting a tracker called T.H.R.U.S.H. I was originally going to call it W.A.S.P. but that seemed a little racist.

anon
10-24-2011, 06:45 PM
@anon Yeah you may have been faster but I wrote like eleven words.:mellow:

That's some fucked up typing skill over there. I want to be like you when I grow up. :lol:

Artemis
10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Btw I'm starting a tracker called T.H.R.U.S.H. I was originally going to call it W.A.S.P. but that seemed a little racist.

So you're naming your new tracker in honor of the bird, or the vaginal itch ?

IdolEyes787
10-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I have no respect for people that don't know anything about bad 60's TV spy shows.:snooty:

mluke
10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
I to recieved a similar email in my spam box however I dont think it was scene slayer but in any case I had never heard of the first site nor this umbrella corp so I deleted it My thinking was it was a scam and if I had signed up that soon I would have a knock on my door from the wrong kinda peeps :)

zoeygirly
10-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Or Resident Evil maybe :idunno:

Exactly! That was my first thought....freaky gamer dudes doing a torrent site...could be good?

mrnobody
10-26-2011, 12:15 AM
of all the names they would have chosen, even if they were a huge RE fan....they chose "umbrella corp", really? xd

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 06:30 AM
of all the names they would have chosen, even if they were a huge RE fan....they chose "umbrella corp", really? xd

It's also a general term, as an umbrella corporation/company. If you had quite a variety of torrent categories, the namesake would make a lot of sense.

IdolEyes787
10-26-2011, 12:09 PM

It's also a general term, as an umbrella corporation/company. If you had quite a variety of torrent categories, the namesake would make a lot of sense.

Discounting the logo and giving the people who created probably more credit than they deserve.

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 03:01 PM

Discounting the logo and giving the people who created probably more credit than they deserve.

Maybe, or someone had made the witty suggestion and they ran with it under misunderstood context. We could speculate further, but I'm not sure I can identify any incentive to do so.